BlueJeans Logo

BlueJeans

Video, audio and web conferencing platform

BlueJeans Reviews - Page 2

Daniel G.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Streamlining Virtual Collaboration: My Experience with Bluejeans

Pros

I have found the software to be a reliable and user-friendly solution for virtual meetings and collaboration. One of the things I like most about Bluejeans is its seamless integration with various platforms, including Microsoft Outlook and Salesforce, which has made scheduling and joining meetings much more efficient for our team.Additionally, I appreciate the robust feature set offered by Bluejeans, including HD video and audio quality, screen sharing capabilities, and the ability to record meetings for later review. These features have allowed us to effectively communicate and collaborate with our remote teams and clients.Overall, I have found Bluejeans to be a valuable tool for our organization, and I would highly recommend it to others looking for a reliable virtual meeting solution.

Cons

While I have generally had a positive experience with the software, there are a few aspects that I have found to be less than ideal.One aspect that I have found to be a challenge is the sometimes slow performance, particularly when hosting larger meetings with multiple attendees and multiple screen shares. This can lead to a less-than-optimal meeting experience for participants.Another aspect that...

Ana A.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

The effectiveness and ability to provide answers to problems presented are fast.

It allows the user to share several screens at the same time, which is very easy to access, since the user determines what he/she wants to share and hide. It is also possible to work remotely. It offers an integrated and synchronized interface with other applications that have work agendas, which makes it easier to use by the user, since he/she will be working from calendars or work agendas. Taking...

Pros

You can access and work with it through various devices, just by having the platform installed on it, since it uses high-definition technology for both participants and presenters. In short, we can say that this tool is easy and quick to handle for all those people who are interested in interacting, communicating and making their work more agile, efficient and effective, either in person or remotely from the company for which they work. And last but not least, organizations have bet on its usefulness because it has been positioned very quickly and conveniently in the cloud. Therefore it has been a tool of great ease, effectiveness and connection between the users of an organization, since users can interact in a dynamic and real way being in a distant process.

Cons

Users cannot join the videoconference due to quota limits and when there is no quota limit, video calls and video conferences become slow with the use of mobile devices.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good overall, always room for improvement

We use bluejeans for intensivied contact between HQ and our operating companies globally. Also in larger countries, sales teams use it for sales calls.

Pros

Bluejeans nicely (and stable) integrates with outlook (incl O365). Scheduling calls is as any other with the plugin Although development on features was relatively slow from a user perspective, the last year Bluejeans caught up with newcomers by adding loads of new features, making it a true competitor (again) Admin features are really nice, including command center (extra cost), giving the right insights in users, meetings and trends And last but not least, it can connect anything to a meeting (apps, dialin call, roomsystem h323, even other platforms)

Cons

Video and audio seem more out of sync than with other solutions. Requires more bandwidth in comparisson (although not an issue in these days) The background image option is causing high cpu usage (could be improved, but only causing the fan to blow harder) On admin side: more reporting on users and sync between user mngt and command center usage reports would be nice (for example show historic meetings of all users vs users currently holding an account). Also time dimensions not always export properly to excel

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Are All VideoConference Systems Alike?

We've been using BlueJeans for three years or so now and have seen the product improve and found it essential to handling remote work conversations and for bringing in our international team for all-staff meetings. It's difficult to pinpoint the cause when there are issues: lag and sometimes ill-synching with audio/video can have many causes throughout a network throughout the world so I won't put that on BlueJeans. It's a rock solid piece of software.

Pros

Screensharing and the ability to annotate on screen are really good features. The desktop and mobile apps are relatively simple, elegant in design, and don't suffer the feature bloat that many other vid conf systems suffer.

Cons

I honestly hear "Welcome to BlueJeans" so many times a day that I just find myself wearying of the voice. :-)

Rishi G.

Computer Software, self-employed

Good application for online meetings!

Pros

There are a few things that I really like about BlueJeans - 1. All the scheduled meetings are displayed in the "Upcoming" section, so it acts as a constant reminder for future meetings. From the "recent" section, I can switch between different meetings easily. 2. UX is good. Every option that's necessary for quickly setting up the meetings is right in front of the eyes. 3. The independent option...

Cons

More than a couple of things actually - 1. First, it's very pricy and only comes with the Pro and Enterprise models. There should be a standard model with decreased charges as well. 2. Unexpected crash while switching from internal to external webcam. The application freezes and crashes. There are no logs generated for the problem, so it's hard to find why the issue occurred in the first place. 3....

IJ

Ishrat J.

Research, 51-200 employees

Sessions in BlueJeans Meetings can be began as a simple click

one of the best cloud-based video conferencing platform that enables enterprises to host video meetings with ease.

Pros

With Dolby Voice positional audio, dynamic sound leveling, and background noise suppression, I'll be able to hear everyone clearly. By clicking a button, I can add a video or audio call to any Google, Microsoft Outlook, Robin, or FreeBusy calendar invite without entering a PIN, conference ID, or password. I can attend or lead meetings from anywhere you have an internet connection using your choice compatible device. Whether in the office or on the go, employees may quickly host or join meetings using straightforward desktop or mobile software. They can also use a supported browser without downloading any additional software or add-ons. I can share my screen with others during the meeting to encourage participation.

Cons

Despite the fact that I can exchange films between participants, BlueJeans does not allow me to send simple files or documents. Some long-time users have claimed that the content isn't always recorded in its entirety, with parts missing. In comparison to its competitors, BlueJeans has a greater latency rate.

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Very organized and through which we can hold meetings remotely with ease

With BlueJeans Meetings, we were able to complete meetings remotely with ease, as scheduling meetings, sending their invitations, recording them and preparing their minutes was smooth.

Pros

The best part of BlueJeans Meetings, which distinguishes it from the rest of the applications, is that it makes us focus more on the content of the discussion in the meeting and not distract our thoughts by recording notes, as BlueJeans Meetings has the capabilities of recording meetings and converting content into texts, which enables me to purify them at a later time and take useful information from...

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives, as BlueJeans Meetings is very easy to use, both via the mobile app and from a computer.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Bluejeans offers great audio and video quality in a Web Conferencing environment

Bluejeans is a solid web conferencing product which offers excellent audio and video quality. Once they work through the issues with performance in the software, it will be far superior to others in the marketplace.

Pros

Bluejeans has a very easy interface to use as well as superior dolby sound in comparison to other products.

Cons

The client software has a heavy interface which takes quite a bit of time to install. It alsodoes not run as fast as competitors such as Zoom or Cisco Webex.

NH

Nolan H.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

BlueJeans Review

As I mentioned, I'm WFH permanently now, and having a software like BlueJeans is a must within my organization. We use the Microsoft Suite for a lot of applications, including Outlook, and BlueJeans is linkable to Outlook which makes scheduling meetings and adding them to your meeting invites super easy. I hop onto regular meeting, client conferences and one on one training all the time and using BlueJeans has been a great addition to making my workday more streamlined.

Pros

Since going to remote work, it's imperative to my day-to-day that within my organization we have reliable video-conferencing software., and Bluejeans is a very popular service. My favourite aspect of Bluejeans is how simple it is to record a meeting or presentation so it can be shared with others, or referenced back by others if it's a training or instructional demonstration. The recorded videos all live in a simple to use interface in my Bluejeans profile.

Cons

BlueJeans seems to have more connectivity issues than other similar video conferencing software programs. The audio is especially susceptible to turning robotic or glitching out.

Parsival N.

Law Practice, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans is an excellent application for videoconferencing

I wear bluejeans every day and at big events, giving support to users where I work, the application is excellent, we have the option to record videoconferences and that makes it a lot easier. The application has integration with Outlook, making invitations to meetings even easier.

Pros

Ease of use, both in user support and in use, excellent quality in video calls. I highly recommend BlueJeans, I have been using it for over 3 years and I like it a lot. it is possible to use on computers, videoconferencing devices, cell phones and telephones, it has many benefits in its use.

Cons

The App will disconnect after 30 minutes if the moderator does not enter and that makes it a bit difficult, as I need to connect the meetings 1 hour before the moderator enters, I believe it is a good point to work with this limitation.

TS

Tami S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans

I hop onto a Bluejeans call every single morning at 9am, so using it has become like second nature to me. Within my org we use a few different video applications but BlueJeans is the most widespread.

Pros

I like how it's easy to sync BlueJeans up with my outlook calendar, and I REALLY like how simple it is to record a meeting so you can go back and review, and share the recording with others.

Cons

I feel like in comparison to similar software BlueJeans tends to freeze more often, and have connectivity issues with audio (people sounding like robots). I also do not like how when I blur my background it makes everything else on my laptop move so slow, I seriously can't do anything when in a meeting with a blurred background.

CM

Carrie M.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

The greatest tool for high-quality remote meetings in every detail

With the expansion of remote working and sharing over the past few years, BlueJeans Meetings has enabled us to do so with sufficient flexibility, and at a small cost that provided us with the best capabilities that helped us achieve distinguished results through working remotely, as well as to enable us to conduct meetings and discuss efficiently with consultants and external clients. Additionally, we helped BlueJeans Meetings document all of those meetings using their meeting recording feature.

Pros

We use BlueJeans Meetings to communicate with colleagues and hold remote meetings because it is easy to use, the sound and image are of high quality, and the live broadcast has no latency, which allows us to interact more during discussions and work remotely. Sharing files, photos, presentations, as well as screens is nice. I love that we can easily set up contact lists, send invitations via links, and that invitees don't need an account to participate, so we can invite more people without worrying about them not being able to participate. We can archive meetings on BlueJeans Meetings and distribute them quickly.

Cons

Over the years, BlueJeans Meetings has had a simple user interface and unique mobile app that makes it practically perfect.

CB

Christi B.

Hands Down Best Video Communications Software

It is easy to host and join meetings with employees in other offices or that work remotely. It's also easy for me to join meetings when I am working remotely. This is super beneficial that just because I am out of the office I don't have to miss an important meeting.

Pros

Easy to use, always reliable, clear sound and pictures! I love that this integrates with Google Calendar and we can add a Blue Jeans link to a meeting invite when creating it. The technology of this software is super impressive. We hold meetings all the time with several offices and people around the world at the exact same time and there is little to no delay in their responses. It is also very convenient to be able to copy and paste the link to another employee to click on and join within a matter of seconds without any hassle of them having to log into an account, etc.

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software. I only have a suggestion. It would be great if a large message could pop up on the screen or a voice could remind those that are remoting in to mute their phones or mics when they first enter the meeting. There have been several occasions where the meeting is already in full swing and someone joins later and we can hear them driving, eating, texting, etc and have to request they mute themselves. Their microphones need to be muted the moment they join the meeting so there isn't any interruption.

ST

Shreedhar T.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

One of the best audio/video conferencing solution for your business

We are using BlueJeans since last 4 years and we are happy with it. It helped us lot in COVID when all users were working from home. Conversations over phone calls were not sufficient at that time. So we were using BlueJeans for meetings and conferencing. It is saving not only our valuable time but also lot of money on traveling as users don't have to travel to HO for meetings. They directly get connected through BlueJeans.

Pros

1) HD quality audio or/and video conferencing. 2) Meeting can be access through browser or mobile also. No need to install application. 3) Cost effective solution compared to others 4) Dolby atmos technology helps to clear external noise and best audio quality while meeting. 5) You can share screens, raise hands, chat in private. 6) Support all platforms i.e. windows, iOS, Android 7) Meeting can be recorded for future reference 8) It encrypts data using standard protocols like TLS, SRTP etc

Cons

Sometimes it does not work if there is no sufficient bandwidth. It keeps hanging untill we get proper bandwidth. Instead of taking 10-15 minutes it should check minimum bandwidth first and give alert or error message so user can know exact issue.

SA

Soorya A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Best for enterprises with connected rooms and conference rooms

Overall very good integrated solution for automating the conference room bookings, meetings, video meetings and sharing. The quality of video, audio and sound system is extremely dependable. However since these require long term investment and the benefits and profit will be realized over a period of time so one has to be careful in their long-term investment plan and realizations.

Pros

We had all our 5 floor building conference rooms connected via bluejeans connected room solution. We have also have had few virtual meeting accounts for business and sales teams. It was easy smooth solution for automating all conference and meeting room requirements, booking meetings was easy and flexible and automated work. But post corona, where most of the company is remote. This was an over head cost. The quality of voice, video and flexibility is amazing.

Cons

With most members being remote post-corona world, the conference room solution serves little purpose for the company. We have moved away and entire company now runs mostly on MS Teams. We still have accounts for our business and sales teams.

Edin E.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

BlueJeans will impress you

This software, or tool, has been one of the best that I have used regarding working from home or having presentations online. However, as it is not the most popular app out there and it does not come pre - installed on devices that are most commonly used, it has that barrier that people need to step over in order to be able to unlock its full potential.

Pros

BlueJeans is one of the tools that I have used over time for webinars, online communication, private and business chats and discussions. It has served its purpose very well, and has always been a stable, safe and secure way of doing things. The simplicity of the app is what makes it very usable and good as it does not take too much time to set up and start, and yet makes you look professional.

Cons

The fact that it is not so much popular, and that you need to explain to your friends or business partners what it is and how it works before you can actually connect with them. If it is used for a business meeting, the majority of people in your meeting will have to set it up beforehand as they have never used it before.

Bame M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Convenient for Presentations and Group work

Im able to make presentations and collaborate with my colleagues at ease.

Pros

A lot of my device support Blue Jeans which is convenient for me. Another level of convenience is that there is a plugin for Blue Jeans that integrates it with MS Outlook which makes calling easier.

Cons

The meetings sometimes lag because the application demands a lot of bandwidth speed. This sometimes cause the video to become blurry or make other members sound distorted.

Serena Maria K.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans has always worked for me.

Bluejeans makes smooth communication possible remotely without physical presence. Using Bluejeans has allowed team communication to happen, no matter where every team member is based , in real time.

Pros

I have always been in love with Bluejean's mobile application. I like that most things I can achieve with the desktop Bluejeans platform , can be achieved with this mobile application as well. I am especially a fan of the safe driving mode functionality available on the application, which allows me to join video meetings on the go , from anywhere. The mobile application even has an artificial intelligence bandwidth measurement system, that recommends optimal actions to me , thus enabling me to reduce bandwidth consumption to the bearest minimum , thereby preventing video meeting disruptions.

Cons

I have always experienced glitches whenever Bluejeans does an update. Of course, these glitches in turn have led to delayed video meetings within my company.

Kate D.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Always BlueJeans for better work efficiency

It is excellent tool to have online video calling. It is very user-friendly and easy to use tool. It is only because of BlueJeans that I am able to work outside the office. It has made easy to travel around the world and I get log in through anywhere anytime.

Pros

I personally have to be on excessive travels, due to the nature of my job, it was very difficult for me to get along with other team members, without having a real time, face to face experience. Now I am using BlueJeans and I have overcome this distancing issue. It is excellent tool for conducting online meetings.

Cons

I have been using BlueJeans for years and getting great services from this online meeting application. While using this tool I face some problems while sharing screen with other participants, otherwise I have nothing to say in dislikes.

PJ

Puneet J.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans is easy to use

Pros

The best part about Bluejeans is they keep providing mobile updates and upgrades to their tool. You don't need to install the updates. They automatically install them on your machine. This makes it a hassle free tool.

Cons

Making another person a host is painful in Bluejeans. I have faced this issue several times when I went on PTO and no one was able to run my meetings as they couldn't make another person a host.

JF

Jorge F.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

simple but outdated video conferencing

We were very used to the platform, but since, we've moved on to other unified communications and are much happier.

Pros

Our team enjoyed that this was fairly simple to use and that the video quality was very good, perhaps even exceptional.

Cons

We did not enjoy the amount of money that this was costing us. I believe they have since dropped their prices, but now unified communications is the new norm and BlueJeans was not offering that at the moment we had its services.

Vinuta P.

Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

Number one video conferencing app

My favourite app for video communication. I do recommend people to use BlueJeans app. Their customer support goes above and beyond to get the issues resolved at the earliest.

Pros

Very good quality audio and video, good set of feature support and easy to use. Multiple browsers and platforms are supported. Their recent Mac app is great with added features. The new solution for conference rooms is extremely quick to setup and has cool features. Their events product is great as well.

Cons

At times the initial setup on browsers can be tricky. But once set up there will be hardly any time where comes usage issues. At times there will be audio issues: choppy, unable to unmute etc. Compared to a few other products, price is a bit expensive. But given the quality it is acceptable.

RM

Rohan M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Decent Video Software but not the most user friendly

While we have used BlueJeans for a very long period of time and continue to do so, it is not really our go to platform for these meetings anymore. If you are looking for a mid tier option without breaking the bank and not looking for a versatility in features, this is a decent option.

Pros

We have used Blue Jeans for several years now to interview candidates for our University who are based outside the country. The biggest pro about this software is that if you have a link - you can join the meeting online via BlueJeans.com without having to download an app or make an account on the software. - the second thing that I like about this software is that it is not too expensive to license it.

Cons

- the software is overall less reliable in relation to other platforms like zoom and google meets as it does experience a lot of connectivity issues and dropped calls. More so than other platform. - the whole platform usage is not as intuitive as one would expect from such a platform and often times it is very fiddly, taking couple attempts to turn on you camera, or mute your mic, something that is quite intuitive and easy on comparable platforms. I suppose it has been around longer than some other platforms, but I feel it does need to play catch up.

Javier P.

Accounting, 10,001+ employees

BlueJeans is a tool with very advanced functions for meetings

In the past, it was almost impossible to gather all the participants of my work team in a meeting, since some of them were in other countries or also worked from an office other than mine. Currently with BlueJeans we can meet virtually and we can even record the meetings. It is a friendly and understandable application for users without much technical knowledge.

Pros

I like BlueJeans because it is one of the most inexpensive options in the industry. It also seems relevant to me because it allows you to schedule meetings and also start them instantly. Another feature that I like is that it is not necessary to install applications to join the meetings, since it can be entered from the browser.

Cons

I just dislike that sometimes the audio does not have an acceptable volume, however, it all depends on the latency, so a good internet connection is required especially if there are several participants in the meeting.

Vekaas H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Have unlimited meeting storage space with BlueJeans

It is always nice to have meetings on BlueJeans. It provides 24/7 phone and chat support. So, you will never get stuck. It is round the clock and support staff is really quick at resolving issues. Host can lock the meeting so that no unwanted joinees can join once all participants have joined. BlueJeans is compatible with all of the operating systems and browsers. It comes with a whiteboard and access desktops remotely.

Pros

The best thing is that you can share your phone screen so conveniently that you would have never imagined. It offers unlimited cloud recording, something that you would want to go for when you have got sessions which needs to be monitored depending on your business requirement. Especially, it is really helpful when you are in training industry. You can share your phone screen so conveniently that you...

Cons

You can have up to 100 participants only. You can’t blur-out background. Sometimes, image lags behind the sound.