Bria Reviews

Bria

VoIP communication and collaboration management solution

Bria

Review Summary

Pros

Nice interface, comparable to the competition, and is easy to setup and configure. Audio and Video qualities over the call have been taken care of pretty good.

Sachin C.

Excellent softphone, very practical since it has all the functionalities at hand, easy configuration and allows to create multiple accounts, good audio quality and does not consume many resources.

Nelson R.

Bria is one of the best VOIP tools I've ever used, with great audio quality and stable connections. Allows you to easily record calls and call transfers.

Emanuelle L.

Cons

If you can somehow figure it out on your own, fine, but there's almost no information online about the problems you are likely to encounter and no phone support whatsoever if something goes wrong.

Marion M.

The most frustrating of the glitches would be getting multiple calls coming in to me at once. I have to remember to adjust the settings quite regularly or it gets very difficult to work.

Kaitlen P.

The app is power hungry and push notifications are unavailable. Depending on whether your phone in the lock screen, or if the app is in the background, it can fail to appear.

Philip S.

4.3

Solid Softphone for SIP calls

The largest benefit to this software is connivence and cost effectiveness. Bria is compatible with many third party applications and most SIP providers will offer configuration support. The combined softphone and USB headset cost is much less than a VOIP phone / headset combo and has no desktop footprint.

Pros

The Bria software is a functional and reliable SIP solution with robust features. I appreciate the per station licensing, it works well in my environment where we have a bit of fluidity in seating. Configuration is relatively easy, as long as you know your SIP credentials! Configuring the headset is also very simple if the user is diligent about using the device set up utility when changing headsets or USB ports. Support for click to call handlers from third party apps is only available in this paid version, the free version (x-lite) no longer supports this. The ability to transfer to outside lines directly or with a call first option is the main factor for our continued use of this software.

Cons

Customer support is difficult to reach and response for the cloud hosted version was not satisfactory. Updates to the configuration menu caused all our users calls to fail and support was uninformed about the changes and necessary configuration fixes. Individual Bria licenses should immune from such risks as the configuration is saved locally. This is a moderate concern for me, but combined with the lack of an online manual for Bria 5 online (4 was the last version available but can no longer be found on their site) I have given customer support a rating of one star.

Bria Teams Works Almost Perfectly (Fix)

I've tried other voip software apps including browser based, and Bria Teams is the best in my opinion because it makes my job easy to provide simply great service to our customers.

Pros

This is my favorite phone software for helping our customers at Kalos Services Inc. Simply Great HVAC Service in Clermont, Florida. The reason we like it so much is because of it's ease of use and the ability to warm transfer our callers.

Cons

I had issues with the software freezing when I allowed the call log fill up. I highly recommend deleting your call log on a daily basis. There is an option for exporting your call history prior to deletion if you need to retain a record.

Thank you for the amazing feedback. It's always great to hear that our product helps you provide great service to your customers.

Works but application design is mediocre.

Pros

The call quality is clear, works as designed and I have not had any bugs using it at all. Works great for incoming calls.

Cons

The interface drives me a little mad. The first feature that drives me crazy is that the keys on the application will move... I may be on a call or trying a second number after dialing a first and the application's keypad will move up. This causes me constantly to hit the wrong keys. I would never design this to move or at least have a lock function. Secondly the time out function is way too quick when dialing. I will be listening to a voicemail and typing in the number given, and it tries to auto dial the number if there is a pause of more than a couple seconds. Then I have to cancel and start over again. I haven't found an option to change this time or turn it off.

Michael, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're happy to know you've been having great quality calls with Bria. I'll forward your feedback regarding interface to our Product Team. For technical issues please reach out to our Technical Support team, tickets are submitted online at https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Bria unifies communication with quick and easy provisioning

Bria's mother company built X-lite a powerful feature rich SIP client. They have taken SIP/VOIP telephony to the next level with their unified login/provisioning system and group connectivity.

Pros

Their Windows client is one of the best SIP solutions I've used (and I've used/tried at least a dozen). The best aspect as the uniform provisioning for users. One login gives the user access to all their SIP accounts on different devices. With a mobile or home bases workforce it simplifies connectivity.

Cons

I'd love to see speed dial buttons and I'd like to see an ability to dial dtmf tones while in a call by pasting them rather than by typing them. I'd like to see an easier way to bring the Bria Client "to the front" with one button.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm happy you like the provisioning feature and the Bria Interface. I'll bring your feedback to our Product team.

Love using Bria

Works very well no issues with it at all.

Pros

What I like most about Bria is how easy it is to use. I love the fact that you can set up auto answer for incoming calls. This has really helped our efficiency at the call center and has helped keep call answer times down.

Cons

From a supervisor stand point Bria is amazing with helping keep numbers where they should be. As a user of this software I do like it better than any other soft phone software that we have used.

Thank you for submitting an amazing review Amanda. It's great to hear that our customers find Bria reliable and easy to use.

Great value

Pros

This software is easy to use, the set up for sip accounts is really simple and the extra configurations to use proxys or dns help a lot when you have to use it outside of the company if via vpn. i find the call recording option being one of the most helpful options since i can get access to my calls for feedback o missing info very quick.

Cons

the only real issue i find with this program is that it has to be updated a lot, and it is really a lot, 1 update every 3 weeks, i don't really get why but that is the only issue i have with bria at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's great to hear how you've been using the call recording feature. Please know our software is updated often to keep up with the latest technology and for improvements.

Integration and update

Overall, it works good. Stable and reliable are the words that explain Bria.

Pros

What I most like in Bria is the integration with so many devices. My headphone has support to Bria, so it is easy to answer and make calls.

Cons

What I least like is the update. There is a new version that support what I need, but I have to purchase again to have access to the new functionalities.

Andre thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It¿s great to hear our device integration works well for you. Have you considered moving to a subscription model? Bria Teams is a user based subscription which allows each user access to Bria on up to 3 devices including Desktop, Mobile and Tablet. Bria Teams uses a web-based provisioning dashboard to setup, deploy and manage your users. Bria Teams allows up to 5 SIP/XMPP accounts. Bria Teams also has subscription based features like Upgrades, Team Messaging and Screen Share capabilities. You can find more about Bria Teams and sign up for a trial here, www.softphone.com.

Better than some softphone solutions, but not as good as a 'real' phone.

Sound is okay, but still doesn't compare to a real, physical IP phone. The UI is minimal which will be a plus for some and a con for others. The only reason I have a Bria soft phone is that the physical IP phones my company used to use for remote users no longer work (too old for new firewall) and aren't immediately planning to replace them. I use Bria on the Mac side of my machine because it seems to work a bit better than the Cisco IP Communicator software on the Windows side of the same machine. Both have a bit of a delay when speaking, but he Bria phone seems to have a little less of it. But not sure if that's more of a PC vs Windows thing instead of a Bria vs Cisco thing.

Pros

Easy to install and works better on a Mac than another software does on the PC. Sound quality is okay. Works well with a headset or through computer speakers/mic.

Cons

Maybe it's the nature of all soft phone solutions, but still picks up the keyboard sounds if I'm trying to use my computer and be on a call. The interface is very minimal, which some might say is a 'pro' instead of a 'con'. There's other soft phone software where the UI actually looks like a phone, which I prefer.

Stan thank you for taking the time to submit feedback we truly appreciate it.

good softphone for the company

It has helped me to take advantage of the resources of the machines without leaving behind the quality

Pros

excellent softphone, very practical since it has all the functionalities at hand, easy configuration and allows to create multiple accounts, good audio quality and does not consume many resources

Cons

one of the things that I like least is the interface, it is unfriendly, it could be more modern or have changeable themes

Thank you for submitting feedback Nelson. It's great the configuration was easy and the audio is good. I will forward your interface feedback to our product team to review

I am not chained to my desk with Bria loaded on my Mobile Device

Pros

The setup was very easy even without prior VoIP setup knowledge. No delay or lag when compared to desk phone and calls going through.

Cons

It does use a lot of battery life, but the pros outweigh this. As long as you keep a charger at your desk then you will be covered.

Simply the best

Besides the obligatory upgrade + smaller issues with transferring calls, my overall experience is overwhelmingly positive. We've used another softphone provider before and simply switched over completely to Bria after an endless road of issues. That road has come to an end now, and we're very happy with Bria.

Pros

It just works - with any hardware you're using. Whether you're on a MacBook and have a $200 headset or simply use your smartphone, Bria is by far the best softphone we ever used.

Cons

They recently released a new version, Bria 5. For existing users of Bria 4, it was necessary to buy an upgrade since Bria 4 doesn't work anymore with recent Operating Systems. Was a bit of a cost, but paid with pleasure. Transferring calls between softphones does not always work. Was in touch with support before (they answer very quickly) but haven't got it figured out yet.

Oliver thank you for taking the time to submit an amazing review. It's always great to hear form our customers. I will forward your feedback to our product team.

Bria for company

Pros

This is a great tool for the at home employees that allows us to take calls from our home computer.

Cons

So far I don't have a con for the program.

Thank you for submitting feedback Rebecca. It's great to hear Bria can assist remote employees to take calls from their home computer.

Great tool when you are out of office

- Preferably it should be used with headphones to have a better experience with the clarity of sound.

Pros

- You are comunicated with your people even when you are not at office. - Is easy to use - You can make internal calls (with extensions codes) or external calls. - Works like a simple phone even you can call to hear your voicemails. - You can have two phone lines.

Cons

- You need internet connectivity. - You must have the application open in order to receive calls. - If you have the application at the background, you may experience some troubles to take the call because the time of response is really slow. -You can experiment unexpectedly closed because of the product have error in response time.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. To ensure Bria is running in the background please turn on Push? The following kbase article provides additional information that you may find useful. https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004151013-Bria-Mobile-Push-Checklist. If you encounter an issue with Bria please work with our support team. Support tickets are submitted online at support.counterpath.com.

the BRIA app works with windows based PC and after it is configured works great.

good soltuion for SIP integration

Pros

the app allows us to use a video intercom going through a SIP server to answer all of our doors at multiple buildings. this app provides 2 way communications as well as live video form the person standing at the door asking to gain entry

Cons

Support from BRIA is some of the worst i have ever tried to use. BRIA recently changed there support service and has not been able to help fix issues i ran into. BRIA had the fix i needed prior to the new support but will no longer provide any old files to help fix the issues

high quality VoIP tool

Bria is a great VOIP calling tool because it has a formidable stability and hardly any connection problems in the calls. Generating a satisfaction by using and integration with other software.

Pros

• Easy setup and usability. • Call Forwarding. • Option to record calls. • Integration with Jabra brand headphones. • Receive constant updates.

Cons

• High cost of licenses. • Sometimes we have to restart the software because it has an error.

Alexander thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great to hear that our customers find Bria easy to use, stable with the option to integrate with other software.

Great easy to use softphone

I use this for phone calls from customers and it's very easy to use with a lot of features and options. I also use it to troubleshoot/replicate customer issues. It's a great software that I like so much I suggest it to any customers looking for a softphone to use with my company's VOIP services

Pros

Multiple accounts are easy to setup and manage, feature sets are easy to adjust for each line

Cons

I have no cons to report about this software, it fully meets my needs

Thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great to hear Bria's features and ease of use are working for your organization.

This is a great program - simple and quick to use.

If frees me from using expensive phones and can be operated easily

Pros

It is very easy to set up. It allows simple address book information. It operates well with most other software. It does what I want and frees me from expensive landline & mobile calls

Cons

I would like to see better outlook integration. There was a great add on which I would like replaced. When my outlook contacts were migrated many contacts are given the name "Mr" or "Mrs". This is an obvious non name field and the software should recognise it.

I wish we would have kept this software in my office

In the last year my company moved away from using this software and I truly miss it. Unfortunately, that was not my call.

Pros

The customer service was great to work with. Call recordings were easy to find.

Cons

There is nothing I have to complain about with this software.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback helps us improve our products and services and the overall customer experience. Sorry to hear your company moved away from our software. Did we change something that no longer works for your organization such as licensing model, pricing, functionality?

The product does want you expect from it and looks great

The bria gives you a freedom in usage, so you don't need a standard phone anymore. I love using it on my celphone, and on my computer.

Pros

It's easy in use and has got everything you need, so the need of a lose phone is not needed anymore. There are even functions that you don't have on a phone. (like recording the conversation)

Cons

In the few years that we use Bria, the functions have been changed several times, It would have been beter to inform before changing functional things.

Bria always keeps our support team connected!

Keeping my team connected makes Bria the best solution. No need for extra hardware or complicated setup. I have my office phone anytime with Bria!

Pros

Bria allows our support staff to take, place, transfer and check calls while on the go. No need to 'connect' your cell phone to your desk phone when you can take it with you!

Cons

Bria has been implemented throughout our office. The only complaint is the subscription base use now versus the one-time payment when originally purchased.

Works most of the time

This is an easy to implement tool that functions out of the box. It's missing many of the bells and whistles of some of its competitors but comes at a nice price point and does the job.

Pros

-Easy to set up and launch -Ability to customize ringtones -Holding, Transfering and In-call features all work without flaw.

Cons

-Logo and branding of the application are very dated. They need an update -Not 100% reliable. As an organization, we have had some issues with the types of headsets that we use and their compatibility with Bria. I would recommend testing headsets before you make a larger purchase. -Inability to integrate with apple contacts easily.

Excellent, flexible VOIP softphone !

Bria is a good, flexible softphone with conference calling and recording capabilities. It's very useful for anyone who does a lot of outbound calling.

Pros

Bria is easy to use, supports call recording, conference calling and multiple phone numbers. It's also compatible with VanillaSoft and other CRM systems for click to dial outbound calling. Technical support is good.

Cons

The softphone is occasionally slow to load and the on screen interface isn't particularly attractive.

Robust and complete VOIP tool for calls

Pros

Allows call forwarding. It allows recording of calls at any time. Always receive updates and corrections by the developer.

Cons

The license control page does not allow you to delete the history of old computers that used a certain license. It does not have a filter to check only the licenses that are in use.

Emanuelle thank you for taking the time to provide a great review. The feedback our customers provide helps our developers identify features and functionality that need updating and or corrections.

So simple

Pros

This software does everything for you. All you have to do is input your id and everything is done. A call comes in, you press a button. You're done talking, you press a button. That is it. Theres also a callback feature, which we don't use but I'm sure it is just as easy.

Cons

I have not had any issues with this program.

Thank you for submitting a review Amber. We are happy to hear that Bria has all the features and functionality you need.

Softphone review.

I would say that our experience with Bria was excellent, except purchasing non-compatible headsets ate into my budget - Not Happy.

Pros

Very easy to use. The application is intuitive and there is little to no difficulty in learning to use it.

Cons

Bluetooth compatibility is frustrating. You are limited to headsets that will work with the Bria pc application, but they don't tell you this up front. New users have no idea that you have to locate a sheet on their website that lists compatible headsets.

Thank you for submitting a review. I apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused. I will send your feedback to the appropriate team.