Bria Reviews

Bria

VoIP communication and collaboration management solution

Bria

BRIA Works for us!

Ease of use through headsets and softphone features.

Pros

BRIA is invaluable to us as a support company. Paired with USB headsets it makes Conferencing, Transfers and Outlook Contact look-ups a breeze. We are heavy users and "on the phone" all day.

Cons

The only downside to using a VOIP system such as BRIA is if we lose the Windows O/S but that is a rare occurrence these days.

Best Softphone there is

Pros

This is a great softphone that our company uses on a daily basis for the last 7 years. We love it and will keep using it.

Cons

It would be great if they can have automatic call recordings in the settings

Luke thank you for submitting an amazing review. It's great to hear from customers who have been successfully using our products for several years. I'll send your suggestion for automatic call recording to the product team.

Lightweight softphone for Enterprise call center

Pros

Bria doesn't use a lot of system resources and is easy to use for most callers. Doesn't require extensive system configuration and works with most anti-virus products.

Cons

Crashes at least once a day for most users; not extremely stable. No click-to-dial browser extension, but has been configured for click to dial with VanillaSoft CRM in Chrome.

It's like Apple of Softphones..!!

Pros

Nice interface, comparable to the competition, and is easy to setup and configure. Audio and Video qualities over the call have been taken care of pretty good. Configuring a headset is easy as well when changing USB ports too.

Cons

Its paid and has plans and offers the same things which it's competition does. Customer service is difficult to reach and that disconnects me with the company totally. It did not have a build for Ubuntu customers the last time i checked which was huge let down.

Really good SIP software

Pros

This software is perfect. It's cheap, full of features and stable. I use it with a Grandstream PBX with no problem at all.

Cons

There is an Outlook plugin that I purchase and don't use. Most people can do without.

Eric thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great that our software is affordable, stable and full of features.

Solid Softphone

Pros

Bria is a good softphone, it works well and has a very simple interface.

Cons

It is a good product, at a premium price. A bit overpriced, especially compared to other offerings.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to hear that Bria works well and you find the interface simple. I will forward your pricing feedback to our product group.

X-LITE

as regards the utility in Windows, it is excellent ... only that there is no for Linux and IOS, Android Etc.

Pros

It is an excellent software, it has the basic free qualities to cover the needs and the impulse of the product

Cons

It has no versions for linux, android. This is very important is an excellent softphone should be released free versions for different distros.

Thank you for submitting a review. It's great to hear that x-lite has the functionality you need. I will forward your feedback to our product team.

A great softphone software from a novice user to a call center floor deployment.

Pros

It has a robust configuration (You can adjust one or several users at a time), works well if you have new users. The admin can make all of the adjustments on the server side.

Cons

Sorry, the only thing that I could think of would be if the cost per license went down some. Then it would be great.

Paired with Excel's click to dial very efficient

Dialer that meets the bill

Pros

As the title says paired with excel's click to dial formula lets callers make more dials going the spreadsheet with efficiency

Cons

The connection to prospect to can take a bit too long sometimes however not much of a big deal. All is all good dialer.

Great Product for Phone Use anyway

Pros

I have been using Counterpath (Bria) for many years - I mainly use the product to contact clients when out of the office with my laptop. I use the cell phone app so my clients do not have my cell number as it shows as if I am calling from my office. I never have problems so customer support has not been an issue.

Cons

Set up a tiny bit difficult if you don't have a good phone service to help you with the codes. Set up a tiny bit difficult if you don't have a good phone service to help you with the codes. Set up a tiny bit difficult if you don't have a good phone service to help you with the codes.

For the man about town.

It was an easy way for people to extend their office VoIP phones onto their mobile phones. It may not have the best reliability but it does work. Best for outbound calling.

Pros

If you work outside the office, but still need the access and appearance that you are in the office, this app will be helpful. Replicating a VoIP desk phone's extension onto your mobile telephone becomes relatively easy. You can take and make calls as if you right at your desk. And to top it off the app is free; you get to extend the functionality of a VoIP phone to your mobile phone. Which is also great if you have limited minutes but unlimited data.

Cons

The set-up does require that you know what you are doing. Having and being comfortable with retrieving the necessary telephony information is a must. The app is power hungry and push notifications are unavailable. Depending on whether your phone in the lock screen, or if the app is in the background, it can fail to appear . IF it is up and in use, it will rarely fail.

Philip thank you for taking the time to submit a review we appreciate your feedback. Please enable Push to make sure the app remains connected via our Push Server, and you get notifications when an incoming call occurs while your phone is locked or asleep. Please see the following link for details on how to enable this: https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004151013-Bria-Mobile-Push-Checklist ¿

Very stable and reliable

It's just easy to use and set-up. Simple as that.

Pros

Easy to use and to setup, and works without having to poke around in the configuration settings. I use it with multiple VoIP providers which each have their own idiosyncrasies, and they all work seamlessly.

Cons

On a Mac I would like to be able to hide it to the system menu. It would be nice if the licence supported use on both Windows and MacOS so that I could use it in Boot Camp too. The software is very clean and has a fairly intuitive interface, but some may prefer to be able to customise it a bit more.

Great simple, easy to use communication tool.

Pros

Bria is great - it's pretty easy to install and re-install as needed. We all work remotely 3-4 days a week and Bria allows us to maintain connected to our phones and customers without needing anything more than a laptop.

Cons

Occasionally the app can be glitchy and calls do drop from time to time, but it is hard to say if that's a Bria issue or a general customer issue.

Bria--A decent option.

Pros

Bria is definitely a decent option when it comes to computer phone software. It gets the job done and mostly serves it's purpose. The functions on the phone are simple and easy to operate. The connection is clear and rarely do I have a poor or fuzzy connection when using BRIA.

Cons

Often I find myself getting multiple calls coming in at once, or my calls will drop randomly. It seems the settings can get shifted without my knowledge fairly easy which throws everything off just a bit. Making it just a bit more difficult to do my job, using Bria. The most frustrating of the glitches would be getting multiple calls coming in to me at once. I have to remember to adjust the settings quite regularly or it gets very difficult to work.

Kaitlen thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Did you work with our support team to help troubleshoot why calls were dropping? Tickets are submitted online at https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is a great SoftPhone for freePBX

Pros

They have a free and paid version of the software they both work great. Allows every means of communication.

Cons

This does the job as a softphone and executes it perfectly. Really no cons that I have found at this moment.

Good Option for phone service

Pros

Easy to login and retrieve messages, messages are also forwarded via email so you don't forget to check. Recent history of calls is useful and ability to return a call from the history list.

Cons

When checking voicemail messages, I get to a point when I have listened to a message and saved it for later - the option to move to the next message is no longer available and I have to hang up and dial back into the system. Would like History to go back further than 2 weeks - at least 45 days would be great.

Great SoftPhone. Good Quality and Reliable

Pros

I like the Quality of the phone as well as the design. We use the Bria5 version. Its got all the features that I think a softphone should have.

Cons

No Customer Service. Where is the API to let us integrate it further? We should be able to turn this phone into an automate dialer but without API that is a bit difficult to do.

X-LITE Review

Pros

Minimalistic layout, simplified tools for the novice use, seamless integration with VoIP services. Customer service outstanding.

Cons

Help features may be a bit vague or not inclusive of all features/needs or easy to navigate.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review Mary. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate team.

Incredibly Opaque Installation Process and Clunky Tech Support

Meh. Lots of dropped and missed calls. Ability to text is extremely erratic. If you port your old phone number -- which of course you would do if the point was to replace your phone with an iPad -- good luck! You are apparently the first human being to ever attempt this and neither Bria nor 1-VOIP has an idea how to help you through the process.

Pros

Bria in combination with a SIP provider allows you to use your iPad as a phone -- functionality that should have been built into the iPad to begin with.

Cons

The installation process is completely opaque. If you can somehow figure it out on your own, fine, but there's almost no information online about the problems you are likely to encounter and no phone support whatsoever if something goes wrong.

Thank you for submitting a review Marion. It can be very confusing for customers. Who should address your questions the service provider or Bria. We can help you set up Bria. You will need to reach out to your service provider for the following information domain, sip user extension, sip password. Unfortunately not all providers use same terminology. Support ticket 18178 you mentioned missed...

easy to handle

Pros

i don't need a normal phone right more. I can call customers right out of my ERP System. Makes work much more comfortable

Cons

i need google sync, so that i can integrate my google contacts. and second thing, give calls to the next person should be easier

I'm connected to an IPBX with the aplications on my PC and on my Android phone

Pros

It's easy to configure and the quality of the calls is great. It's compatible with my IPBX (MyVoice 5000).

Cons

The Android and PC Apps are not synchronised. When I receive a call my PC and my Android phone ring simultaneously that's good. But If I take the call with my PC for example the same call is mentionned as lost on my Android phone. It's not really great because it's not the reality.

Great Sip app

Pros

I use this software with 3 different kinds of phone system and shows how flexible this software can be. Free version works but paid version works the best. Works on all different platforms

Cons

Not end user friendly. I think you need to be tech to program this so it works correctly.

Thank you for submitting a review. It's great to hear Bria works well with different service providers. We continue to improve the ease of use. Customer feedback helps us identify areas of focus.

Yes one of the best software on the market

Pros

processing, ease and good communication, it works great on mac os and windows integrated very well

Cons

price it could be cheaper for companies.

Good softphone app for most any user

Pros

This is a great softphone app that comes in both free and paid versions. The feature set is quite robust and you have the ability to connect it to almost any SIP service you like (which is great for users who have their own SIP server).

Cons

Really no major cons so far. Configuration details are sometimes difficult to sort out as each SIP provider is a little different, but it just takes a little searching to find the details most times.

Making our Customer Support Tasks Easier

As of now we have been able to scale our operations and continue to support our needs from abroad.

Pros

When working in outsourcing you need to have the right tools to help your customer base. This tool has helped us reach to them without worrying too much about our location.

Cons

Some features might not be available on the tool itself and you will have to find third parties to add those features.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. It's great to hear that Bria is helping customer support connect with your customers. What type of features do you feel we are missing? As our products continue to evolve our product team gathers feature and functionality suggestions from users. Features suggestions might be added to our road map for future releases.