Cisco Jabber Reviews

Cisco Jabber

Web conferencing, unified communications, voice & video call

4.31/5 (805 reviews)

Pros
  • I love the ease of being able to chat with a coworker. It is also a great tool to see if someone is on the phone or in a meeting.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The way it enables us in grouping contacts according to our preferences is great. It is a superb product that helps users in order to place and attend calls simply.Juliano Carlos d.Read the full review
  • Cisco has an effective way of doing collaborative tasks in the form of a team and also it further improves the ability of communication among each other.Alice C.Read the full review
Cons
  • There is a communication problem and there are problems with the application's status update.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • So, there no certain problems witnessed by me only sometimes it shows notifications that are useless or unnecessary for me.Alice C.Read the full review
  • In my experience some time login in takes few minutes and through up error which I have no clue what to do.Suraj L.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Javier D'Addino

The best unified communications application

Reviewed 2019-09-16

My experience with Jabber is excellent, no matter where I am, I always have my extension at my fingertips and so I can make or receive calls as if I were in the office. I can also listen to voicemails or access virtual meetings from the same application. This application definitely helps the mobility of people keeping them always connected.

Pros
Cisco Jabber is an all-in-one application, it gives you the possibility of having your extension on your computer, cell phone or tablet, being able to send messages to your colleagues, share documents, screens, access voicemail or even video conferencing rooms. What more could you want?

Cons
There is not much to mention here, with the change of look and feel that they are doing in the new version, the user experience will be similar to Webex Teams and this helps the adoption of the solution. Perhaps the only point to mention is that for some cell phones, the application makes them a little slower than normal.

Team chatting

Reviewed 2020-03-17

We as a team with more than 200 users per day have little issues will any off the dad to day stuff. It just works and works well.

Pros
I like the fact that is can control my desk phone. Working away I can answer my phone with just a mouse click and it pops up in my screen and or i can decline call and it goes to voice mail with just one click. Plus it can do other things like play voice mail and share your screen for quick meetings. Plus it has a Active Directory

Cons
Sometime the LDAP dose not bring over the new passwords when people are forced to change passwords. Than is about all we have had issues wish in 4 years.

Sara Ortiz

Incredibly useful for companies that use phones

Reviewed 2019-12-10

I use Cisco Jabber daily to communicate and it is smooth and efficient. If your company uses phones (I know there are a growing number of businesses that do not offer phone support at all), I highly recommend Cisco Jabber for clear communication. I have never had an issue with the voice/instant message services in over 2 years of using them.

Pros
I love that when someone leaves a voicemail, it sends a transcript directly to my email. As someone who prefer to read over listen (I know this is an odd trait for a millennial), this greatly improves my work day and allows me to keep working without having to listen to voicemails.

Cons
I find the instant messenger clunky and old fashioned. Let's make the interface modern, Cisco!

Cisco Jabber - Communication within organization made easy

Reviewed 2019-04-04

We communicate with business partners,clients,coworkers and customers using Cisco jabber. We were using wired cisco phones earlier and with Cisco jabber life has become simpler. We use the wireless headsets to communicate anyone anytime.There are a very few bugs that is very annoying as mentioned above and which needs to be fixed. Overall a very good product and along with Cisco Webex , attending a meeting is less stressful.

Pros
1. Communication and calls with co-workers made easy. 2. No more Wired phones or Cell phones to attend official calls. 3. People working from phone were using cell phones to connect to meeting, when they put call on hold, it will be the most irritating moment where everyone gets pissed off, we dont have that problem anymore. 4. Managing contacts is simpler 5. Placing calls and attending calls are very simple too. 6. we are able to customize the setup based on our needs. 7. The chat windows are compact and easy to use. 8. Works cool with Cisco webex configurations. 9. Works well even with poor internet connection.

Cons
1. Pop ups along with their message when a co-workers pings us, certain things needs to be confidential and we need to customize the settings to avoid it. 2. Status is not correct all the time, have lot of instances when the user is presenting but appears to be in presenting status. 3. User appears online, When we try to ping that person the status changes to offline. 4. User appears offline but when we start pinging them it shows their real status. Its kind of very annoying certain times and these things should be avoided.

Jeffrey Severance

A good tool for chat and screen sharing.

Reviewed 2020-02-01

Cisco Jabber is a good but basic chat platform that works well with existing Cisco phone systems and products. It requires some additional configuration to make it pull data from AD and Outlooks profiles. It helps our team send messages to each other.

Pros
Jabber has many good features including keeping a chat history for each of the users you interact with. You can go back and review what you discusses later on. I also like the group chat allows which allows you to make a chat room with multiple users. It also makes screen share easy when needed during a conversation. It also keeps track of the users status to show presence according to availability. It works well with our current Cisco phone system.

Cons
It does not get all the meta data for users from Microsoft Outlook with it's connector for it. You can't see who reports to who for example like in Microsoft Outlook. It does not have a bot that can set reminders like Slack. It does not have an open API for sending messages from other systems.

Abhinav Kumar

Cisco Jabber: A Complete Collaboration Tool.

Reviewed 2019-12-24

Cisco Jabber simply improve the collaboration between the teams & teammates.

Pros
Cisco Jabber is simple and easy collaboration tool for audio/video calling, screen-share and file-sharing. Integration with outlook helps to know the active hours and availability of the user. The desktop share and control request feature helps controlling the system remotely. The emoji helps in to express the feeling while chatting.

Cons
The file share feature need to be improve and should be easy to search the media and document with a different tab under the same window. Media should be store under the configurable space where user can find it even he\she is offline. Block feature should be like muting the notification.

Timothy Grant

Works fine once you get it set up

Reviewed 2019-12-10

The setup and maintenance process is a pain but the software works well and facilitates user communication very well. It is to email and VoIP what the iPad is to the iPhone and Macbook, a nice middle option.

Pros
As a user who has this set up for you, there aren't many issues with the software. It's a basic instant messaging app with presence information integrated. The app works well and sits in the background.

Cons
The setup and maintenance of the application is a royal pain. Between managing the security certificates for it and making sure that each endpoint is able to communicate to the expressway server securly, you can have a part-time position available for this software alone. Also, messages are not stored on the server at all. If Jabber is not open on an endpoint when a message is sent, that endpoint cannot retroactively get the old messages.

Anonymous

Solves at-home phone needs during eLearning

Reviewed 2020-03-29

My overall experience has been pretty good. I appreciate the ability to access my voicemails and chat. I am getting more used to using the phone features.

Pros
Jabber has been useful to allow employees to access their work phone from home. This is especially helpful with accessing voicemails, but also allowing for video chat options.

Cons
The system appears to be difficult to manage on the back end, in terms of setting up users. I wish that the iOS features were turned on by default. For example, I can connect to phone via my laptop, but not my iPad or iPhone. Sound output is difficult to manage; I wish this were a quick setting vs. having to open preferences and modify the settings.

Jabber - Great tool for Audio and Video Calls

Reviewed 2019-12-07

The experience with Cisco Jabber has been good. It solves all my problems while working, the best part is to have video meetings where you doesn't feel disconnected with team when you are working remotely. It always make you connected with team professionally and personally as well. Value added features with great customer support from Cisco. Highly recommended.

Pros
Cisco Jabber is a great tool that I like a lot when i am working in office or somewhere outside office, since it has made it so easy to connect to meetings instead of being in person for any discussion. The shared screen is the top feature which allows me to connect with coworkers and solve any issues in real time without any inconvenience. It reduces lot of efforts and gains productivity of employees, which eventually improves project delivery.

Cons
Nothing much on dislikes as helps in my work a lot. Only observed that we can not send any screenshot or attachment in group chat. Also when we integrate with MS outlook, the status on Jabber is different than in Outlook, it should be in sync.

Basic instant messenger system

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Overall Jabber has been an effective instant messenger for office use, allowing for instant communication in a more informal manner than email

Pros
Jabber is easily accessible, with relatively intuitive layouts and integrated additional features such as screen sharing and audio calls

Cons
Jabbers features are limited, most notably in its individual customization of settings. This would be an area where major improvements could be made to allow for better personalization of statuses and alerts

Anonymous

While it's come a long way from its freeware days, Cisco needs to update this tool for the modern er

Reviewed 2019-08-04

Jabber gets the job done for instant messaging, but companies need not worry about their employees getting lost in endless chats with each other. The interface is clunky and unintuitive. Setting a custom status is easy enough, but removing that status is not nearly as easy and requires an Internet search/hack. The emoji set looks about as appealing as AOL Instant Messenger from the late 1990s, and at least once a day I send messages to the wrong person somehow. The lack of avatars is telling, and while it has some integration with ActiveDirectory/Outlook, other products do it better. Its best feature (by far) is the reminder to join WebEx meetings, which doesn't require opening any programs at all. Slack or Skype will give you a superior chat experience, but Jabber is typical of Cisco products with a focus on back-end telephony.

Pros
This product has excellent integration with other Cisco software, particularly WebEx

Cons
Has terrible emoji support; is not customizable in any meaningful way; often send messages to the wrong people due to a cluttered interface

Jamie Drahos

Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations.

Pros
Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

Cons
The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go. One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Alvaro Medina

We use Jabber for both work and play in the office

Reviewed 2018-08-01

We use Jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video calls. It works seamlessly with other Cisco products. And for me, a nostalgic value which reminds me that Jabber has been my go-to messaging platform for decades, and it continues to impress and be a reliable workhorse.

Pros
Initially, I can't believe that the Jabber software we loved back in the University has been aquired by Cisco. It was pleasant news because it signals the more professional maintenance and dev for this much loved software. We use Jabber (then, and) now for our main messaging software. It is easily deployable company-wide or even to small departments and teams for a limited/specialized use case. The UI is pretty clean, lite, fast, and functional. In the office, it is easy to see Presence (i.e., who's online and perhaps ready for a chat). Now the call both audio only or with video is very reliable. It is pretty solid for corporate use. Since this is owned by Cisco, you can expect seamless integration with a host of other CIsco products you may have (e.g., we use it in conjunction with Cisco WebEx).

Cons
Well... aesthetics matter a lot to me.. and Jabber, although has been refined a bit, still needs a more modern look and feel (especially now that there are tons of other messaging platforms available). Just a note though to keep backups of important conversations (e.g., in chat). I have had experience when my old messages got deleted when I leave a chat group.

Jeff Sana

Overall an adequate chat app with features that tie to Cisco phones and Outlook.

Reviewed 2018-05-15

I recommend this software if you utilize Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. It has a lot of features that allow you to manage communication to Contacts all from in Jabber.

Pros
The tie ins with Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones work very well. Popup notifications for meetings and call notifications are clear. Interaction Options selectable from within the individual contact screens are robust. This is most noticeable when you are connected to Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. You can pretty much do anything to conduct or initiate a meeting from in the Contact window. Automatic status changes when it detects your on the phone, in a meeting, etc works very well.

Cons
Lets start with if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options. I have some small complaints such as: Inability to make the popups "on top" of any windows when triggered. When you don't already have Jabber chat open the only indicator is the icon on the taskbar is lit. As a deployment: An upgrade of the client is not a simple install-over of the latest client. It requires (thus far) an uninstall of the prior, then install of the current. This forces planning and user notification due to the possible interruption. As mentioned, this ties directly into Cisco phones. User can be hung up on as the client uninstalls and reinstalls if they had a call during this time.

Mia June

Cisco jabber is Good however there are malfunctions

Reviewed 2018-05-21

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Pros
Being able to communicate with employees around the world by phone, email, web, messaging, etc. The software is great depending on how it's being used. I've worked with Cisco products elsewhere and find that there was little to no system issues. It's amazing how you can conduct meetings face to face elsewhere by web and associate with everyone in the office.

Cons
The software will malfunction and completely stop performing its duties. Jabber will interfer with how avaya which is a phone system operates causing disconnection in calls and system freezing. I noticed after not using jabber the calls became normal and the system freezing discontinued. I find that a lot of call centers offering work from home positions requires the use of jabber and has implemented the use into company policies resulting in termination if the software is not used however on site employees are not required to use the software. The software can be used as spyware within a security team.

Anonymous

Cisco Jabber user for three years

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Overall, I like Jabber. I think it gets its job done, which is to allow users to communicate with one another. In my opinion, Jabber is neither slick nor sophisticated, but it doesn't have to be. Slack is aesthetically nicer and looks more customized, rather than Jabber's "right out of the box" look, but it is a fine, competent, no-frills software.

Pros
I like that Jabber allows me to communicate with colleagues who are both in my office and elsewhere. I think it's a very handy mechanism to communicate and that I can easily share screenshots and files in lieu of more formal mechanisms like e-mail. I also like that Jabber's search function shows recent contacts before showing all relevant contacts; this is helpful at my company which has thousands and thousands of employees, so 'Smith' has hundreds of results, but I see the recent individuals first.

Cons
I don't like that Jabber's emoticons are "dated"--essentially, iPhones and other cellular devices have significantly more, and better, emoticons. Jabber's emoticons are low resolution and relatively weak. Also, I wish there was more control over the green/yellow/red designations for myself. I recognize that those designations are tied to my calendar in Outlook, but I think there should be more control, or perhaps more automated reminders, such as "Do you want to appear as red right now?" for users to respond to.

Scott Lufkin

Cisco Jabber - A Powerful Tool For Anyone

Reviewed 2019-11-05

Currently, we find an uptick in productivity and inter-department communication with the implementation of Jabber, especially after recent months of re-education for users on how to use, set up, customize, and get the most out of the service.

Pros
Jabber is a good looking, easy to use, and incredibly useful tool. It can share screen captures very easily, supports embedded images and emotes as well as "mentions" to bring in others to the conversation, and is updated and supported regularly by Cisco.

Cons
Setting it up to integrate into your Call Manager phone system can be a bit of a bear if you are new to setting up Cisco environments. Thankfully the Cisco support team is very responsive and helpful.

Anonymous

I use Cisco jabber everyday for meeting, chatting , sharing snapshot,sharing screen with Colleagues.

Reviewed 2018-07-20

In my daily work life, I discuss my issues , make a call, sharing screen while doing my problem. I can easily talk with any of my colleague with this and share my screenshots of issues and bugs easily with different people. With this, i can see client or colleague's screen to view their issues in better way. I can share my instant status with someone while i am on the call or in the meeting so someone not disturb me while busy work. I can create the group whenever i need to call my colleagues for my achievements sweets or discuss about the good news with them. Share the emoticons with them and let them know my instant mood. Moreover, i can arrange meeting with clients and ping to them for urgent meeting if he/she is available on the same time.

Pros
We can share screen with client and colleague's system with this and ping to anyone which under Cisco connection. We can create the common group , sharing screenshots , use different emoticons etc with this. It helps a lot to us in our daily work. This is simple tool, the laymen also use this with simple way.

Cons
The most least thing about this is which happed to me many times that while meeting with client it automatically disconnected. And also Cisco jabber delete the history messages which i think it worst thing. Sometimes we need to see old messages but for some time stamp it delete the messages. If it stores all the history then it would be lovable.

Rohit Singh

For personal instant messaging WhatsApp is there but when it comes to Professio there is Jabber.

Reviewed 2018-08-18

Instant messaging with coworker, desktop sharing, sending screen shot.

Pros
1. Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour. 2. Desktop sharing is another cool feature i use it when get stuck somewhere and needed advice of senior. 3. One of the most interesting feature of Jabber that few people knows is Alert when available it;s not like you can not message a person when he is not online you do but sometime you just want to message them in real time then this feature work as charm and you get notified when that person become online. 4.Easy to create group and message them as a whole this feature comes in handy when there is birthday of any coworker and you would like to notify your friends that there is special kind of arrangement in pantry at once but yes you can do that personally as well. 5.Password protected.

Cons
1. Older messages get automatically deleted I think at least till now I have not found a way to restore them back but yes I think there would be the solution. 2. I would loved it if they had this feature alert when offline that is quite similar to alert when available. By this way I can track someone's. 3. Interface is easy at the same time boring.

Andrew Rhine

Jabber is awesome!

Reviewed 2019-01-23

It has been great, I like it a lot. Jabber has been a real pleasure to use over some of the other options out there.

Pros
I use Jabber everyday at my workplace and it is a great way to communicate. Here are a few of my favorite features... - Instant Messaging. you can easily add and manage contacts into groups, you can also start a group chat with a predefined contact group. - Like most messengers your status Is visible. You can also set a custom status. - The interface is clean and simple and can be made compact when needed to safe valuable screen space. - Jabber can also integrate with your phone! this means you can make calls though your desk phone. This of course needs to be setup by your organization beforehand. Making a call is as easy as right clicking on a contact and then selecting the call option or even pasting in a number and clicking the call button. - You also have the ability to initiate a screen sharing session which is a very cool collaborative function as well as video calling.

Cons
It can be configured to integrate with Active directory which is a great feature but sometimes when its time to update a password it does not always sync up correctly.

Sanchita Agrawal

Cisco Jabber - A Professional way of communication

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Cisco jabber is helping us to manage communication with in the complete office. It's really a great professional instant message application that help to get connecting colleagues in the instant way.

Pros
Cisco jabber is an instant messaging application that provide the professional environment for communication with in a network . Integrity of Cisco jabber with Outlook & IP is really amazing and provide the real time update with it that other person is busy or on call or in meeting. Group chat is possible where a host can join it with a simple approval or setting the auto-approval. Screen share & Desktop control is also possible with Cisco Jabber. Their is a limited and some professional emojis also which help in expressing the feeling for our words.

Cons
The least thing I like in it is that we can not share the images in group chat. Chat history is also very important in professional world can Cisco Jabber should work hard to fix the bug of deleting the history and images that share on the chat, I will loving if they come up with an option of archive chat so we don't delete or loss our important chat. Their are some annoying default setting that company should fix it by default.

Duaha Lee

Cisco Jabber Review

Reviewed 2019-01-30

I work in IT and there has been times when our remote connectivity software does not work. I've had to use cisco jabber to fix issues, but because it needs a system administrator's credentials to do certain things on the computer it kicks me off when the credential window pops up. Asides that, my overall experience with jabber is great. It's not really made to do remote work, but it has that functionality. If they look into upgrading that, I'm sure IT would love it.

Pros
I like how the ease of communication is at your fingertips, by simply typing in a colleague's name and being able to instantly message them. Another feature I really enjoy with cisco jabber is that you are able to share your screen with colleagues and if you need help with something, you can authorize them to take remote control of your mouse. This comes especially handy if you work in IT support and there are issues with remote connectivity. I've had to resort to using cisco jabber to assist staff with issues before. See it as a two in one kind of deal.

Cons
The only thing I don't like is that when a colleague shares their screen with me and I take control of the mouse, when asked to enter in system admin credentials it kicks me off and we have to reconnect.

Brad Galloway

A great way to keep your team communicating.

Reviewed 2018-12-14

About two years ago our company adopted Jabber as the communication standard. I feel like it has helped bring us together, and it has made it so much easier to find and communicate with someone in the company. I can look up an employee by name and dial them directly, I can group them by teams, I can see at a glance when I've missed a call from someone. It really has revolutionized the way our company communicates.

Pros
This software has so many features. It has most of the features you'd expect from a chat client (see cons for a few that are missing), but where it really shines is the integration it allows for your Microsoft Outlook and Webex functionality. It also syncs with my phone extension so that you can not only see when I'm on a call, you can also dial someone from directly within the app. It also allows you to control your voicemail from within Jabber. You also have the ability to share your screen and even do screen snippits from within the app. It is very user-friendly.

Cons
Okay, this is kind of petty, but I wish there were more social features. All you get for emojis are just a few still images. I like having animated emojis, GIFs, and memes to communicate with like you do in other communication apps.

Vandana Goel

Cisco Jabber a great collaboration tool

Reviewed 2019-04-28

Integration of Cisco Jabber with Microsoft Office is great and helps in to fetch the meeting details from Outlook calendar. The Android Auto integration is great. The Multi-line allow the user to receive and call over multiple line with complete details of line being used.

Pros
Cisco Jabber is a great collaboration tool. User interface for instant messaging and desktop screen sharing enhance the user experience with its enrich features and functionality like popup notification for instant messages. Newly added emoji in Cisco Jabber 12.0 looks more interesting that add expression to your words. We can manage the group in our contact list. The group chat auto join is a great feature that helps to join the group in case you are not available to accept the group request. Jabber bots can launch the chats and calls.

Cons
We are using the Cisco Jabber from past four years. The search panel for chat is a missing feature and needs to be added. Cisco Jabber should also work on encrypted backup and archiving chat options. It also needs the features to hide the images under chat and should enable the image share on group chat. Groups should also come with history feature.

Anonymous

Something best to use for chatting!!

Reviewed 2018-10-12

I am happily using cisco jabber from last 3 years in my office. And I am very satisfied with the features and its intelligences. Thank you cisco jabber team, you people have done excellent work.

Pros
It's has excellent intelligence of framing all things related to chat in a single window like: 1. It shows all the person name whom you have chatted in a column left side of display and at the same time it also shows number of messages that people are sending you. 2. It memories all messages in one to one message form. So user can read it later if needed. 3. It provides the feature to create chat group to discuss anything with many people at a time. 4. It provides the feature to share screen with other user and give read/write access which very useful for corporate sector. 5. Jabber has given many commonly used status like: Available, In meeting, do not disturb, offline..etc and also has feature to customise status. 6. It has excellent features of showing you notifications when particular person becomes available on jabber. 7. It has features to save chats.

Cons
1. Sometimes screenshots sent on jabber gets deleted.