All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Cisco Jabber

Web conferencing, unified communications, voice & video call

Cisco Jabber Reviews

Pros

Great customer support team, very helpful and reliable. Infact, i like it because it is easy and fast to install and set up.

Steve D.

Read the full review
I love the ease of being able to chat with a coworker. It is also a great tool to see if someone is on the phone or in a meeting.

Read the full review
The way it enables us in grouping contacts according to our preferences is great. It is a superb product that helps users in order to place and attend calls simply.

Juliano Carlos d.

Read the full review

Cons

There is a communication problem and there are problems with the application's status update.

Read the full review
So, there no certain problems witnessed by me only sometimes it shows notifications that are useless or unnecessary for me.

Alice C.

Read the full review
In my experience some time login in takes few minutes and through up error which I have no clue what to do.

Suraj L.

Read the full review

Solves at-home phone needs during eLearning

The best unified communications application

My experience with Jabber is excellent, no matter where I am, I always have my extension at my fingertips and so I can make or receive calls as if I were in the office. I can also listen to voicemails or access virtual meetings from the same application. This application definitely helps the mobility of people keeping them always connected.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is an all-in-one application, it gives you the possibility of having your extension on your computer, cell phone or tablet, being able to send messages to your colleagues, share documents, screens, access voicemail or even video conferencing rooms. What more could you want?

Cons

There is not much to mention here, with the change of look and feel that they are doing in the new version, the user experience will be similar to Webex Teams and this helps the adoption of the solution. Perhaps the only point to mention is that for some cell phones, the application makes them a little slower than normal.

While it's come a long way from its freeware days, Cisco needs to update this tool for the modern er

Jabber gets the job done for instant messaging, but companies need not worry about their employees getting lost in endless chats with each other. The interface is clunky and unintuitive. Setting a custom status is easy enough, but removing that status is not nearly as easy and requires an Internet search/hack. The emoji set looks about as appealing as AOL Instant Messenger from the late 1990s, and...

Pros

This product has excellent integration with other Cisco software, particularly WebEx

Cons

Has terrible emoji support; is not customizable in any meaningful way; often send messages to the wrong people due to a cluttered interface

A handy, referential client that provides IM support for Webex Meetings

Manage the client while many technical workers and executives within our organization message on it (both to me and without me, to one another). Group chats are easy to convert into video calls, fully-fledged Webex conferences, or both depending on the needs of they conversation.

Pros

I love that IMs during Webex meetings made and/or hosted through Jabber will be saved, securely, forever. There are often times where a good point is made during a meeting and it's up to the secretary to remember the point, its context, and then send it out again. Jabber allows us to make and store these observations in real-time.

Cons

1-on-1 messages between users are stored locally on the disk. This can lead to problems with security if users are unaware their storage is local and their workspace security is compromised. Larger, group messages are encrypted and stored safely on the cloud, though.

Improvement needed

It does its job - transferring information in a very quick and convenient way. It's easy to find users and reach out to them via chat and/or phone, and also allows for file sharing. However, I would highly recommend changing the interface to something more modern/aesthetically pleasing, and instigating an update that hinders the application from crashing as often as it does.

Pros

Jabber is quite straightforward to use, it's nice having all of the chats lined up in the sidebar so it's easily navigable from person to person. It also has the option of erasing chats if the program is exited out, which is of course a benefit from a proprietary standpoint (less so if you need to reference something that was said, of course). Not a lot of bells and whistles, so starting up the program is quite fast in the mornings, which I can appreciate. Since it's through Cisco, it also easily allows you to call people's work phones through the system.

Cons

While the user interface is straightforward, it also seems incredibly archaic and dull. During start-up it doesn't pull up the main "chat" screen, and instead pulls up a type of "home" screen where you can access your settings/any voicemails, but to actually chat a person (which I feel is the main purpose of this program), you need to search their name in a search bar > click on their name/chat icon...

Awesome Chatting tool

Intra business Communication. Its pretty nice software to have group chat and discussions which is good for Team collaboration. Individual Call and screen sharing facility is pretty good.

Pros

The Best thing is its easily Integrated with Microsoft Outlook. If you are in a meeting then automatically in Jabber the status shows "in a Meeting". If you are presenting then same the status will show presenting. IN that way the other person can know ur status and accordingly they will not disturb you. Also it is available on the mobile phone easily as it is very light weight and it doesn't require corporate Network at all. It will have features like Screen share and call via the tool is pretty nice.

Cons

The Feature to keep the backup the messages automatically is lacking here. You have to manually store the messages if you have to store. It will not automatically store. If you forget then the whole message history is gone. Also in Group chat we can't make a group call. Only we can share screen in the Group.

Incredibly useful for companies that use phones

I use Cisco Jabber daily to communicate and it is smooth and efficient. If your company uses phones (I know there are a growing number of businesses that do not offer phone support at all), I highly recommend Cisco Jabber for clear communication. I have never had an issue with the voice/instant message services in over 2 years of using them.

Pros

I love that when someone leaves a voicemail, it sends a transcript directly to my email. As someone who prefer to read over listen (I know this is an odd trait for a millennial), this greatly improves my work day and allows me to keep working without having to listen to voicemails.

Cons

I find the instant messenger clunky and old fashioned. Let's make the interface modern, Cisco!

Jabber

Overall is that out of other messengers I really love Jabber. I would rate it a 10/10 and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I really love the fact that it is very easy to navigate and use. Helps a lot getting in contact with someone at work instead of emailing and waiting for a reply. What I love about jabber is that you can ever share your screen with other coworkers!

Cons

I really don’t have a con about jabber but maybe they could have more emojis and font colors to spark up a convo.

Very Easy to Use

I use Cisco Jabber weekly for calling when my contacts are not available through Microsoft Teams.

Pros

The phone feature is very easy to use as it has a skeuomorphic design where it looks like a phone keypad. Because of this, it looks just like a phone so it doesn't have a learning curve.

Cons

The chat feature is a bit confusing and I never really use it because of it. My organization also uses Microsoft Teams which I end up using for chat instead.

Great WFH tool

Talking to people is part of my everyday job so being able to call out from my work phone and number while I’m remote is huge! I never want to give candidates my personal number so this is a great way to be able to talk to people and connect without using my cell phone.

Pros

Biggest pro is being able to call out to candidates and team members still using my assigned office phone number! I also like that it is hand free because you can either talk on speaker or use headphones which gives me the option to type or write while I’m on the phone. It’s just as easy to use as a normal Cisco phone and has all the call log features and internal search options you’re used to.

Cons

Sometimes the software links up to my calendar and marks me as unavailable to take calls which I don’t like. Also, if not used yet for the day I find I have to start by logging out and then logging back in for some reason. It really isn’t that much of an inconvenience though, just something I’ve noticed.

Very useful tool for communication and support

It is a useful tool on a daily basis and allows you to receive or support colleagues and allows you to share different types of files. A tool that does its job efficiently, that could have improvements, but does a good job.

Pros

Jabber allows you to maintain good communication with the team, and also allows you to remotely support different colleagues.

Cons

The tool does its job, it allows communication with colleagues, but it is limited to that, the tool does not provide more functionality apart from communication, the tool allows you to share files, but it can receive improvements in the way files are shared.

Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations.

Pros

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

Cons

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go. One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

We use Jabber for both work and play in the office

We use Jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video calls. It works seamlessly with other Cisco products. And for me, a nostalgic value which reminds me that Jabber has been my go-to messaging platform for decades, and it continues to impress and be a reliable workhorse.

Pros

Initially, I can't believe that the Jabber software we loved back in the University has been aquired by Cisco. It was pleasant news because it signals the more professional maintenance and dev for this much loved software. We use Jabber (then, and) now for our main messaging software. It is easily deployable company-wide or even to small departments and teams for a limited/specialized use case....

Cons

Well... aesthetics matter a lot to me.. and Jabber, although has been refined a bit, still needs a more modern look and feel (especially now that there are tons of other messaging platforms available). Just a note though to keep backups of important conversations (e.g., in chat). I have had experience when my old messages got deleted when I leave a chat group.

Overall an adequate chat app with features that tie to Cisco phones and Outlook.

I recommend this software if you utilize Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. It has a lot of features that allow you to manage communication to Contacts all from in Jabber.

Pros

The tie ins with Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones work very well. Popup notifications for meetings and call notifications are clear. Interaction Options selectable from within the individual contact screens are robust. This is most noticeable when you are connected to Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. You can pretty much do anything to conduct or initiate a meeting from in the Contact window. Automatic status changes when it detects your on the phone, in a meeting, etc works very well.

Cons

Lets start with if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options. I have some small complaints such as: Inability to make the popups "on top" of any windows when triggered. When you don't already have Jabber chat open the only indicator is the icon on the taskbar is lit. As a deployment: An upgrade of the client is not a simple install-over of the latest client. It requires (thus far) an uninstall of the prior, then install of the current. This forces planning and user notification due to the possible interruption. As mentioned, this ties directly into Cisco phones. User can be hung up on as the client uninstalls and reinstalls if they had a call during this time.

Cisco jabber is Good however there are malfunctions

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Pros

Being able to communicate with employees around the world by phone, email, web, messaging, etc. The software is great depending on how it's being used. I've worked with Cisco products elsewhere and find that there was little to no system issues. It's amazing how you can conduct meetings face to face elsewhere by web and associate with everyone in the office.

Cons

The software will malfunction and completely stop performing its duties. Jabber will interfer with how avaya which is a phone system operates causing disconnection in calls and system freezing. I noticed after not using jabber the calls became normal and the system freezing discontinued. I find that a lot of call centers offering work from home positions requires the use of jabber and has implemented the use into company policies resulting in termination if the software is not used however on site employees are not required to use the software. The software can be used as spyware within a security team.

Cisco Jabber - A Powerful Tool For Anyone

Currently, we find an uptick in productivity and inter-department communication with the implementation of Jabber, especially after recent months of re-education for users on how to use, set up, customize, and get the most out of the service.

Pros

Jabber is a good looking, easy to use, and incredibly useful tool. It can share screen captures very easily, supports embedded images and emotes as well as "mentions" to bring in others to the conversation, and is updated and supported regularly by Cisco.

Cons

Setting it up to integrate into your Call Manager phone system can be a bit of a bear if you are new to setting up Cisco environments. Thankfully the Cisco support team is very responsive and helpful.

I use Cisco jabber everyday for meeting, chatting , sharing snapshot,sharing screen with Colleagues.

In my daily work life, I discuss my issues , make a call, sharing screen while doing my problem. I can easily talk with any of my colleague with this and share my screenshots of issues and bugs easily with different people. With this, i can see client or colleague's screen to view their issues in better way. I can share my instant status with someone while i am on the call or in the meeting so someone not disturb me while busy work. I can create the group whenever i need to call my colleagues for my achievements sweets or discuss about the good news with them. Share the emoticons with them and let them know my instant mood. Moreover, i can arrange meeting with clients and ping to them for urgent meeting if he/she is available on the same time.

Pros

We can share screen with client and colleague's system with this and ping to anyone which under Cisco connection. We can create the common group , sharing screenshots , use different emoticons etc with this. It helps a lot to us in our daily work. This is simple tool, the laymen also use this with simple way.

Cons

The most least thing about this is which happed to me many times that while meeting with client it automatically disconnected. And also Cisco jabber delete the history messages which i think it worst thing. Sometimes we need to see old messages but for some time stamp it delete the messages. If it stores all the history then it would be lovable.

For personal instant messaging WhatsApp is there but when it comes to Professio there is Jabber.

Instant messaging with coworker, desktop sharing, sending screen shot.

Pros

1. Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour. 2. Desktop sharing is another cool feature i use it when get stuck somewhere and needed advice of senior. 3. One of the most interesting feature of Jabber that few people knows is Alert when available it;s not like you can not message a person when he is not online you do but sometime you just want to message them in real time then this feature work as charm and you get notified when that person become online. 4.Easy to create group and message them as a whole this feature comes in handy when there is birthday of any coworker and you would like to notify your friends that there is special kind of arrangement in pantry at once but yes you can do that personally as well. 5.Password protected.

Cons

1. Older messages get automatically deleted I think at least till now I have not found a way to restore them back but yes I think there would be the solution. 2. I would loved it if they had this feature alert when offline that is quite similar to alert when available. By this way I can track someone's. 3. Interface is easy at the same time boring.

Team chatting

We as a team with more than 200 users per day have little issues will any off the dad to day stuff. It just works and works well.

Pros

I like the fact that is can control my desk phone. Working away I can answer my phone with just a mouse click and it pops up in my screen and or i can decline call and it goes to voice mail with just one click. Plus it can do other things like play voice mail and share your screen for quick meetings. Plus it has a Active Directory

Cons

Sometime the LDAP dose not bring over the new passwords when people are forced to change passwords. Than is about all we have had issues wish in 4 years.

Jabber is awesome!

It has been great, I like it a lot. Jabber has been a real pleasure to use over some of the other options out there.

Pros

I use Jabber everyday at my workplace and it is a great way to communicate. Here are a few of my favorite features... - Instant Messaging. you can easily add and manage contacts into groups, you can also start a group chat with a predefined contact group. - Like most messengers your status Is visible. You can also set a custom status. - The interface is clean and simple and can be made compact when...

Cons

It can be configured to integrate with Active directory which is a great feature but sometimes when its time to update a password it does not always sync up correctly.

Cisco Jabber - A Professional way of communication

Cisco jabber is helping us to manage communication with in the complete office. It's really a great professional instant message application that help to get connecting colleagues in the instant way.

Pros

Cisco jabber is an instant messaging application that provide the professional environment for communication with in a network . Integrity of Cisco jabber with Outlook & IP is really amazing and provide the real time update with it that other person is busy or on call or in meeting. Group chat is possible where a host can join it with a simple approval or setting the auto-approval. Screen share & Desktop control is also possible with Cisco Jabber. Their is a limited and some professional emojis also which help in expressing the feeling for our words.

Cons

The least thing I like in it is that we can not share the images in group chat. Chat history is also very important in professional world can Cisco Jabber should work hard to fix the bug of deleting the history and images that share on the chat, I will loving if they come up with an option of archive chat so we don't delete or loss our important chat. Their are some annoying default setting that company should fix it by default.

Cisco Jabber Review

I work in IT and there has been times when our remote connectivity software does not work. I've had to use cisco jabber to fix issues, but because it needs a system administrator's credentials to do certain things on the computer it kicks me off when the credential window pops up. Asides that, my overall experience with jabber is great. It's not really made to do remote work, but it has that functionality. If they look into upgrading that, I'm sure IT would love it.

Pros

I like how the ease of communication is at your fingertips, by simply typing in a colleague's name and being able to instantly message them. Another feature I really enjoy with cisco jabber is that you are able to share your screen with colleagues and if you need help with something, you can authorize them to take remote control of your mouse. This comes especially handy if you work in IT support and there are issues with remote connectivity. I've had to resort to using cisco jabber to assist staff with issues before. See it as a two in one kind of deal.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that when a colleague shares their screen with me and I take control of the mouse, when asked to enter in system admin credentials it kicks me off and we have to reconnect.

Cisco Jabber a great collaboration tool

Integration of Cisco Jabber with Microsoft Office is great and helps in to fetch the meeting details from Outlook calendar. The Android Auto integration is great. The Multi-line allow the user to receive and call over multiple line with complete details of line being used.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is a great collaboration tool. User interface for instant messaging and desktop screen sharing enhance the user experience with its enrich features and functionality like popup notification for instant messages. Newly added emoji in Cisco Jabber 12.0 looks more interesting that add expression to your words. We can manage the group in our contact list. The group chat auto join is a great feature that helps to join the group in case you are not available to accept the group request. Jabber bots can launch the chats and calls.

Cons

We are using the Cisco Jabber from past four years. The search panel for chat is a missing feature and needs to be added. Cisco Jabber should also work on encrypted backup and archiving chat options. It also needs the features to hide the images under chat and should enable the image share on group chat. Groups should also come with history feature.

A great way to keep your team communicating.

About two years ago our company adopted Jabber as the communication standard. I feel like it has helped bring us together, and it has made it so much easier to find and communicate with someone in the company. I can look up an employee by name and dial them directly, I can group them by teams, I can see at a glance when I've missed a call from someone. It really has revolutionized the way our company communicates.

Pros

This software has so many features. It has most of the features you'd expect from a chat client (see cons for a few that are missing), but where it really shines is the integration it allows for your Microsoft Outlook and Webex functionality. It also syncs with my phone extension so that you can not only see when I'm on a call, you can also dial someone from directly within the app. It also allows you to control your voicemail from within Jabber. You also have the ability to share your screen and even do screen snippits from within the app. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

Okay, this is kind of petty, but I wish there were more social features. All you get for emojis are just a few still images. I like having animated emojis, GIFs, and memes to communicate with like you do in other communication apps.

Excellent business-level communications

As far as chat/messaging utilities goes, you really can't beat this one since it easily integrates with many other cisco software products making for a seamless experience when working with others and communicating with clients.

Pros

It has most of the basic functions to allow easy communication and sharing of documents in an office environment. It also organizes any files making them easy to locate later when needed.

Cons

The history it stores for communications is a bit limited at times especially when you realize you need to go back to review a conversation only to find it was just outside the time limit it saves.

Something best to use for chatting!!

I am happily using cisco jabber from last 3 years in my office. And I am very satisfied with the features and its intelligences. Thank you cisco jabber team, you people have done excellent work.

Pros

It's has excellent intelligence of framing all things related to chat in a single window like: 1. It shows all the person name whom you have chatted in a column left side of display and at the same time it also shows number of messages that people are sending you. 2. It memories all messages in one to one message form. So user can read it later if needed. 3. It provides the feature to create chat...

Cons

1. Sometimes screenshots sent on jabber gets deleted.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.