ULTATEL Cloud Business Phone System Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

Reviews by rating

The customer service has been superior and the ease of use and convenience of this phone system has been great.
Call quality and reliability are awesome. Since we moved away from a competitor, we never had an issue with call quality or call dropping anymore.
The system is easy to use and intuitive; very reliable; call recording feature and other admin tools are great. We mainly use the desk phones, but can easily use through our laptops if we'd like.
Unreliable, lost calls daily, complaining customers, HANGING APPLICATIONS, and the amount of data they will ask you for in order to be able to fix absolutely anything is insane.
We loose service from time to time and have no way of communicating without the service.
The soft phone drops calls alot which can be annoying.

Zac A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Premium Cloud Phone System With Mid-Market Prices

So far, the experience with ULTATEL has been great. From the actual service provided, to their infrastructure and apps, to their customer support.The sales process happened fast and we got up and running in no time. They also facilitated the migration process from our previous service provider.

Pros

Call quality and reliability are awesome! Since we moved away from a competitor, we never had an issue with call quality or call dropping anymore.ULTATEL mobile app is also very good and allows my team to stay connected easily, even when on the road.

Cons

To be honest, we didn't had any issues with ULTATEL yet. We moved away from a competitor we were using for more than 5 years, and 5 minutes later we were running on ULTATEL, much more smoothly.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best VOIP system!

We love using Ultatel and having such a reliable VOIP system to enhance our communication internally and with our clients.

Pros

We love how easy it was to implement! The support team at Ultatel is super friendly and always gets back to us promptly! We love all the features our package came with including online fax!!

Cons

Everything has been amazing so far, and anytime we did need assistance the team has been quick to help us resolve issues.

Thank you for your wonderful review and for highlighting our commitment to reliability and ease of use!

GK

Gina K.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Very happy we chose ULTATEL!

Overall, our ULTATEL system has been very dependable and the team at ULTATEL has been responsive. They are continually improving their solution!

Pros

The ULTATEL system offers many features, some we utilize now and others we may in the future. The ULTATEL team has been very responsive to our needs.

Cons

No system is perfect, we have experienced a couple of blips, but we have been happy with ULTATEL's response.

David B.

The Disappointing Tel All about Ultatel

The front line customer service is very nice. Unfortunately for them the consistency of the technology is just not there. I WOULD NOT AT ALL EVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY NOT EVER!

Pros

The front line customer service is very nice AND IF THEY WORKED THE FEATURES WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.

RH

Rayni H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Dorsey Trailer Ultatel Review

Great service, great support, great price! We love it!

Pros

All the feature we need and want for a much better price!

Cons

So far, there has not been anything I dislike about Ultatel service.

MA

Mohamed A.

ULTATEL Review - Reliable and affordable service

Service is reliable, feature-rich, and affordable in comparison to other service providers.

Pros

We moved to ULTATEL in December 2019, just before the pandemic and it was a very good move at the right time. ULTATEL helped us in making sure all our remote workers have no issue communicating with our customers and vendors as if they were in the office. We also like the reliability of the service with no downtime in these last 2 and half years. their customer service is great, if we need any change or reconfiguration of anything in the system, they are always available and quick to do the changes for us.

Cons

so far everything went smooth, nothing really missing

JK

Jill K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Over all good expertise start to use

Pros

The integration with Microsoft Teams along with the price and promise of services it what sold me on switching providers to ULTATEL. ULTATEL was fantastic at communication and follow through during the setup and implementation. We have had a couple of times where we have needed support and it has always been handed quickly and professionally with quick solutions.

Cons

The default settings should be updated for phone groups to continue to ring everyone even if someone is set to out of the office

KE

Kat E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Incredible Value and Customer Support

I am very happy with my purchase, the support I receive, and the company as a whole. I don't have much else to say but it really is a great product for the price, I've used Grasshopper before, and it was way worse and more expensive...

Pros

I love all the features that are included for the price. If I ever had an issue, their customer support would respond almost immediately, and I never had to wait. Integration into my CRM was also out of my hands as they did it for me.

Cons

For what I need, I have encountered no issues or something that I dislike.

AT

Algertha T.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Excellent Phone System for Business

Our overall experience with UltaTel has been great. I cannot say enough how impressed and happy we are with the their excellent customer service and technical support team. From the onboarding, to transition and continued support for our agency, we are very happy with this phone system.

Pros

The best features of this company are the superior customer service and technical expertise of their staff.

Cons

If your business prefers on-site assistance for installation of a phone system, you may be a little hesitant to have UltaTel as your phone service provider. However, because of their excellent customer service and technical support team, the transition for our agency to UltaTel was very easy.

TG

Thomas G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Ultatel Review

The system works great and we have not had any issues with the it.

Pros

I like the support both from the setup perspective and user perspective after it was installed. Their support team is always there to assist.

Cons

No real negative issues with Ultatel. Any issues or questions we had were addressed immediately.

KL

Katie L.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Great system that comes with outstanding customer service

Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like that people can't tell if I'm calling from my office or my basement. I also like the email voicemails.

Cons

Once you transfer a call, you can't retrieve if the other person doesn't pick up like you can on the desk phone.

KP

Kremena P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great Experiance

With Ultatel Cloud Business Phone System we can give admin permissions to users to only see their calls or manager to see only a specific department call history and reports. It is a great addition to what we have been looking to get from Ultatel, we can run reports and have calls recorded for training or reviews. We are able to assess how many calls are answered, by whom at what time we should have more employees answering the calls and which days are busy for us. These reports allow us to work on our work schedule to accommodate the needs of our customers.

Pros

We use TEAMS with the Ultatel VoIP service, and this was very important implementation for us as we already have been using TEAMS for other services. The onboarding preparation, transition and implementation was very smooth, and the support team has guided us all the way with 24/7 responses on all of our requests. Great customer service!

Cons

We really were looking forward to having international phone lines with VoIP and using TEAMS as a phone and Ultatel did so for us! We did want to have WhatsApp integration for all main lines and Ultatel provide a work around to use whatsapp on the computer. We wish we can have text messaging to all phone numbers that call us. Overall, this is the best service we can find to help us with TEAMS integration and WhatsApp. We are very happy with the service, and we strongly recommend them as a reliable and competent partner for your business needs.

LM

Laura M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great system, amazing customer service!!

Beforehand, I was dreading a phone system change, but my experience with Ultatel has been amazing! I wish we had changed to them sooner. The system works exactly as we had hoped. The admin software lets me manage things to the extent that I'd like. The training and rollout were seamless. But the very best thing about Ultatel is the Customer Service. If I make a request, they are incredibly fast to reply and take immediate action. And every single interaction with a customer service or technical rep has been a delight. I don't know what they do for training, but I wish I could bottle it up!

Pros

Cons

All I can think of is that the smartphone app is not quite as clear with sound quality as talking directly on my phone

KS

Kristin S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Perfect for Multiple Locations

Pros

I love that all of our calls ring in all of our offices at the same time. It is easy to retrieve voicemails from any extension and the call recording has been a great feature and used often by our company.

Cons

The only improvement I would request at this time is a better call parking system for when we have multiple lines on hold. The system is great for one or two lines on hold but hard to communicate the "parking" when there are several on hold. However, this is not a major issue for us as we almost never have more than two lines per phone on hold at a time.

LB

Liva B.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Ultatel is a great service and excellent customer service

Overall experience has been great!

Pros

The customer service is second to none! They are responsive immediately to all of my concerns and whenever there has been a glitch, they have corrected it immediately! The follow through and follow up is excellent as well.

Cons

The features of the phone are a little different from our previous phones, so that took some adjusting for our team, there were some software tweaks that have needed to happen to get everyone on my team to a good user point.

JY

Jameson Y.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Simple to Use, Easy to Manage

Vastly superior maintenance and management over the on-site system we had previously. It's much easier to add and move lines vs the old non-sip system, and most months I spend no time at all thinking about the phone system.

Pros

Rolling out the system was very painless. They did all the hard work, and I just had to tell them what names and extensions to use. Phones come pre-assigned, and reassigning them is a simple email.

Cons

The desktop and mobile software isn't as polished as it could be. The windows client loses connection after a while and needs to be restarted to continue working.

MS

Melissa S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Would Recommend!

Their customer service is always quick to answer and solve the problem. I also appreciate their willingness to customize to fit our needs.

Pros

I love the way UltaTel seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Teams.

Cons

With any internet-based phone systems, there is sometimes an issue with transferring calls.

MO

Mark O.

Design, 11-50 employees

Perfect phone system for remote and on-the-go businesses

We had a problem before with customers communication being scattered around. ULTATEL helped us solve this issue by connecting our Microsoft Teams with our business phones and other internal communications.

Pros

What I liked most is how easy it is to setup, learn and use the software. As soon as you have access, you're basically up and running. I mean, it's a phone so you just dial, but, there are also other features like recording and team messages that are just there. So that's good.However, I believe that the most important thing about ULTATEL is their support. Every time I had to reach out, I had a delightful experience. I just wish all software and service companies were like that.

Cons

I don't like the fact that ULTATEL needed to actually create my account and that I couldn't just subscribe, pay and start using right away. However, I believe this is the standard behavior in this industry and the overall process was really fast.

MM

Melisa M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Amazing Customer Service

Overall we have been very happy with the service.

Pros

Set up was quickly done by them. Excellent Customer Service and very quick response time. Easy learning curve and were able to get up and running without much stress.

Cons

Inability to easily change the background settings without help from customer service team. If your computer goes into sleep mode, you don't see calls on your call log during that time. Has many reports but they are a bit difficult to understand and do not show the name of the caller (even though it is saved into our system ) just the number.

JS

Jason S.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

ULTATEL Review

They are amazing

Pros

Their customer service is unbelievable.... top notch!!!

Cons

Honestly nothing... everything about this service is great. Even have a fax solution

DH

David H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

The last Business Phone System you'll ever need!

Amazing. Each business requirement has been met with acceptance and success. We can always count on Ultatel for our needs.

Pros

The integration into our system was very easy to accomplish thanks to the expert team at Ultatel. Their customer service is always top tier and we feel confident and safe knowing we have them supporting our business. The product in itself is amazing, allowing us to provide critical features such as Cloud PBX, IVR and call routing, as well as new features we did not know were available such as call recording, efaxes and SMS texting within MS Teams!

Cons

No complaints, fully satisfied with the software

CW

Catherine W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

CW - Review

Pros

It's easy to use and the value is better then a commercial network

BB

Bj B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Ultatel Office Phones

very good, [sensitive content hidden] has been excellent

Pros

The app and ease of emailing customer service for updates

Cons

everything is ok for now . I have seen there are newer phones I wish they would update for us.

TT

Teresa T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent system

Pros

Ease of use and integration. Staff was very helpful in the transition

Cons

The system is easy to use. We have not had any issues.

BF

Brian F.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Ultatel review

it has been very solid for what we use it for

Pros

the oprocess was pretty easy and the support is solid. the pricing compared to vonage was excellent and it had a few more features but we dont really use them

Cons

the soft phone drops calls alot which can be annoying. i wish we knew how to use some other features like screen sharing and viewing someone else screen