Dialpad Logo

Cloud communications system for enterprise businesses.

Dialpad Reviews - Page 2

JS

Joshua S.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Great product great team

I love Dialpad and their desire to do business and make and keep us as customers.

Pros

I love that Dialpad literally worked with my company to get us out of our terrible contract with our previous VoIP and that allowed us to setup and configure a call center. Call center and documentation and auditing is great for giving peace of mind and accountability to our employees and customers.

Cons

There was literally nothing I disliked about Dialpad. Dialpad is a great system and great for the price.

Robert B.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Not as Advertised- Hidden Fees, No Ability to Cancel, Incorrect Pricing Information on Website

DialPad is a scam. There are numerous hidden fees that are charged to your credit card without any warning, and there are other sections of their website that have posted fees which are not disclosed in their "All Features" pricing page. You cannot cancel without speaking to a representative, and conveniently, they don't have any reps available. The trial period is not a "free trial period". There...

Pros

The product worked for incoming and outbound phone calls. I was able to customize my caller ID for outbound calls which is difficult to control with web-based telephone services in Canada.

Cons

The pricing on their website is misleading. There were numerous hidden fees and my phones would not function for my business until I paid these unexpected costs. When I canceled within the 14-day trial period, they refused to refund my annual fee. Their website pricing information shows an option to "see all features" and that page even has fine print at the bottom. However, they don't tell you that...

Russell B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Artificial feature limitations soured my experience with Dialpad

Once the port issues were resolved it is generally fine and easy to use, although I am disappointed that several basic features are excluded at the price we are paying, which is not exactly cheap compared to competitors. I may switch to a different to gain access to the features that Dialpad refuses to provide without spending more money.

Pros

Native app is easy to use, and easy integration with Google Contacts makes dialing a snap. All users can dial out VoiceIntelligence transcripts are useful and automatically generated. The accuracy is about 80%, usually good enough to easily tell what was being discussed even if some of the words are transcribed incorrectly.

Cons

The port experience was a disaster. There was a goof somewhere and this left me without the ability to receive or make phone calls on my business' primary phone number at either Dialpad or at my prior provider (Google Voice) and the support did not make me feel like fixing this was a priority for them, never providing updates. It eventually got fixed. The product has arbitrary and foolish feature limitations that feel unnecessary and petty. I am paying good money for this product and yet cannot access even a basic IVR because I am not an enterprise customer with more than 100 users. An IVR is absolutely basic functionality for a phone service with more than one user. We also cannot set holidays on our service because we need to be in a more expensive plan to do that.

MT

Michael T.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity...

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can...

Cons

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

TN

TJ N.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad. Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system. With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance. Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done. Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere. Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal. Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

MJ

Milan J.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the...

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that...

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

HR

Harry R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

good value but buggy.

As primary business phone line, Dialpad fits the bill. I can make and receive calls for my business on my personal phone without revealing my personal number, and I can maintain a minimalist customer list. As a mobile-only (not an enterprise) user, there’s a lot that the app can do which I don’t need. Dialpad appears to have capabilities that can support my business growth (additional users and physical locations), but I’ll be wary of whether their inconsistent iOS interface is an indication of spotty development overall.

Pros

Note: Dialpad offered gift certificates to reviewers. I think that’s shady. But I have used the app 2+ years. Best: I am a sole proprietor (single user) & love that this app gives me a business phone number that rings to my personal device. That’s genius, a good value, and worth all interface hassles. Also, support has improved a lot. I get timely, thorough responses to issues: there’s a star-rating requested every outgoing call, and when I have reported issues (rare, such as one-way audio), they’ve sent detailed analysis explaining what happened. At least one bug I reported (an issue where the keyboard covered most of the comment field on a feedback window, with no scrolling) has recently been fixed.

Cons

Dialpad scores terribly on its interface and on interoperability with other apps. The contacts-search function won’t access iOS Contacts (even with access granted in Settings): type a name in search, and it will sit & spin all day. It doesn’t even time out. The app provides a skeleton contacts function (name, phone numbers, emails, company, and title—that’s it), so I lose a lot of functionality that’s...

AK

Amber K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it...

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses...

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must...

TR

Tracy R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Dialpad is a must have for virtual workers

We have been using dialpad for 3+ years. We like the service. Its reliable and implementation is always a quick process. I like that we can monitor our team in real time and record calls when needed. We dont have many issues with the service but when we do, they try to help fix the problem. They may not always be successful with issues but do try to accommodate customer service requests.

Pros

We use dialpad for our marketing team. They are all virtual and need a reliable service.

Cons

The customer service can be iffy. They are able to solve simple issues but are harder to deal with on issues that need escalation.

CQ

Carrie Q.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Misrepresentation of Services

Pros

The idea that our phones, webchat, and fax could all be in one place.

Cons

Last fall, we signed up for their services, emphasizing the importance of seamless integration with Lawmatics, our CRM. Despite assurances that everything integrated smoothly, we've encountered major headaches along the way. We started talking with Dialpad last fall and had multiple calls/zoom meetings with them. We told them we used Lawmatics for our CRM and that it was critical that everything integrated...

TC

Tamesha C.

Insurance, self-employed

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Scott E.

Has been a great piece of software for my business

This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

MP

Marlon P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Perfect for Business Startups

8/10 overall, some issues with connections and common bugs on both desktop & android app. BUT!! I have tried Dialpad main alternatives RingCentral, Nextiva, GrassHopper and several other; Dialpad it's a must have if you don't want to use your every day mobile phone, if you are looking for privacy and a good resting, this is a must have; none other company offers SMS via VoIP, they said they do, but none have solve my problem. I have paid thousands of dollars just to come again to Dialpad.

Pros

Free SMS, all systems compatibility, most call center won't notice you are calling from a VoIP, if you live outside the US & Canada, there's no better software to handle your business.

Cons

It takes some time to connect, you may need to try several attempts to connect a call or even restart the app.

MR

Mike R.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Love Dialpad and will never turn back!

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of use that makes using Dialpad easier than using a normal landline office phone. It is easy to move throughout the app and explore all the features, and you can seamlessly move your calls throughout your office/organization with no hassle or extra steps. Whether you are using it for yourself or as an office/company phone system it is an effective tool that makes the crucial communication flawless and simple. 10/10 recommend

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about dialpad, except maybe adding a software that allows you to sent mass texts in a non-group text setting. Which to be fair, I am sure they probably have it and I just do not know how to use it though.

Jason S.

Entertainment, self-employed

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

YB

Yoann B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

False advertising, beware.

Pros

Their promises. They advertise that their software works.

Cons

They say they do google contact syncing, but it only works for direct lines. If you are a team, this won't work for people that call your main number. You will only see the regular caller id for that number. The WIFI to Carrier switching doesn't work well, and you can't disable it. Support is very soso. There is no centralized place to see open tickets, so you are bombarded with emails, because they are really intaking specialists that ask you to do all the work, and then send you unrelated articles, after about 20 exchanges and 2 weeks.

DL

Daniel L.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Dialpad Delivers Seamless Communication

It is cutting-edge communication platform that combines user-friendly design, cloud-based accessibility, and advanced features to deliver a seamless and efficient solution for modern team collaboration.

Pros

There is a great intuitive interface, cloud-based accessibility, and robust features Calls made using the platform are clear and the video calls and AI-driven transcription services are stellar.

Cons

Monthly price can get pretty high as each feature is done piecemeal.

NT

Neha T.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly...

Cons

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

NG

Nina G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great option for VOIP, sometimes unreliable.

Overall good experience. Sometimes unreliable. Ended up switching to google voice due to the cheaper price and the reliability issues we had.

Pros

Easy to use with a desk phone and cellphone. Call routing easy to change and update. Many features for call routing during business hours and non business hours. Liked that I could set a different voicemail for different times of the day and for vacation or out of office time.

Cons

Sometimes unreliable where it would ring on the desktop only and not the desk phone, and vice versa. Sometimes calls did not go to my cellphone and it would come in as a voicemail. Happened about 10% of the time so it was often enough to be an issue.

Jonatan S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

An app that you would not stop using!

Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

DC

Darien C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Quality VOIP system with learning curve

Overall, Dialpad has been an excellent VOIP solution that has allowed my organizations mobile workforce to continue connecting with our team and volunteers without being shackled to a desk phone. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, this furthermore allowed us to easily transition from working in the office to working from home, without disrupting our overall workflow.

Pros

Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone. The product is easy to manage and configure, with good call quality (given you have decent internet) and even a cell-fallback feature provided you don't.

Cons

Dialpad's backend configuration is a little messy, making it difficult for people not heavily invested in learning the platform to configure basic settings (for instance, the call routing setting is hidden in a menu labelled "Business Hours"). For someone who did not help setup the platform and has little experience with managing VOIP offerings, it can be quite daunting figuring out the settings and...

MH

Matthew H.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Dialpad functions are awesome!

Awesome! Tried to switch and the other provider has been around much longer but doesn't have near the technology and capabilities and reporting of Dialpad. If you want the most advanced phone service from a tech and artificial intelligence standpoint there is nothing I've found that rivals Dialpad.

Pros

Ease of use and the integrated functions or text and picture messaging.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality isnt great but a quick reset or update generally fixes it and Dialpad is always improving!