Dialpad Logo
Dialpad

Cloud communications system for enterprise businesses.

visit website

Dialpad Reviews - Page 5

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great but not spectacular

Serves the need that I purchased it to solve, but not a lot of delightful moments.

Pros

I like that it syncs contacts with Salesforce and LinkedIn. I like that it links up to my phone. I like the new text transcriber.

Cons

It is not always consistent or reliable about logging outreach efforts back to Salesforce so you have to do dual entry and it's not clear why. It also doesn't log text messages or what was said in the texts. It doesn't tell me who is calling when it rings through my phone. The text transcriber is pretty inaccurate. I don't like that I can't use emojis on the desktop app.

CS

Clay S.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

A great tool

It allows the forwarding of all information necessary to solve a customer's dire situation in a most expeditious manner.

Pros

We use this tool primarily for in office communication although our customers are encouraged to use it as well. It is quickest way to get the info needed to support a customer in an emergency.

Cons

We really do not have any negative feelings about this product. It has replaced one of our other tools and is the primary means of communicating with each other.

WC

Wyatt C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Exceptional Product - Everything you need!

It's a great product. It can be difficult t convince the team to not use their cell phones, but once I do, they always rave about how much easier it is to use while on their laptops already.

Pros

It is everything I need. The UI works great on desktop and mobile and the User management makes it very easy to see who's on the phone and who isn't properly utilizing the product.

Cons

The slight delay when you press call to when it actually connects is somewhat annoying. I don't know if that's common for all VOIP systems but it's a longer delay than when I call with a call.

EK

Erik K.

Financial Services, self-employed

Great value/features, and always trying to improve

The AI transcript service still leaves a lot to be desired and has a lot of inaccuracies, but if they can get it to work better, it will definitely be a great value add.

Pros

You get a lot for your money. Dialpad also finds ways to improve their product, like adding their AI system for transcripts (though the quality is still a little lacking on that), and is constantly posting updates. I also like how it connects to my laptop and my phone seamlessly.

Cons

It might just be me and my phone, but it seems to create multiple contacts for the same person when I input contacts into my phone via my google account. I type a person's name, and that person shows up 2 or 3 times with the same number, even if I've only saved their contact info once.

JL

Jamie L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Efficient and user-friendly

Pros

Dialpad has been a great fit for our company. Although the bulk of our employees are in our corporate office, we have several out in the field all across Texas. Dialpad helps us connect customer calls to our marketing team and other Admin when out of the office, as well as communicate quickly with our technologists. You can also download the app and have all calls connect to your cellphone.

Cons

My cellphone app often doesn't work properly. Possibly a user-error but I have worked on it several times and still can't seem to get it right.

DO

Damon O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Top-Tier Features, Professional, Convenient

Very happy and impressed with my Dialpad number as a front-line, first-contact experience of my company. I trust the flow of inquiries, business opportunities, and overall impression to Dialpad.

Pros

The virtual phone number allows me to move the flow of phone calls away from my cell phone and exclusively through the business number. The recordings, transcripts, and routing features are top notch. Love making and receiving phone calls right from my computer since I am there most work days, or from my phone app when I am on the road.

Cons

There are more features than I can or will use, but I do see them valuable as my staff grows. It took me a while to figure out why I have two phone numbers, but I've found ways to make them both work for me until the organization grows.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Dialpad Review

Our company is mostly satisfied (on the good days). But since we have 200 users we would expect it to be working more efficiently. To many issues per user. For some companies a missed phone call can be a real disaster.

Pros

Easy to use. Has company directory. Connected to gmail. A lot of companies related to our business use it. Best PRO is option to use messages.

Cons

Sound compared to other softwares,. Compared to Skype# it is much more quiet, sound sometimes it not clear, a lot of lag occasionally. Not seeing missed calls pop up. Freezing all the time. Sometimes unable to make phone calls.

Dialpad has been an awesome alternative to setting up an old fashion phone system in our office.

Pros

Whether you run a company, work with a small team out of co-working spaces, or simply work from home - most of the time you want to have a separate phone number for work. Dialpad is an awesome solution, I think it comes at a fair price and is a super easy way of getting a work phone number and using it from anywhere, on your phone, computer or tablet. The website and the app are super easy to navigate and the calls have been great (given you have good signal or WiFi connection). One of the best features is the weekly call summary you receive via email as well as emails when you have a new voicemail.

Cons

Unfortunately we have had a few times where the app crashed or the call wouldn't go through, but hopefully that can be resolved with new software updates. This happened so infrequently though so it's not a big problem.

jo

jason o.

Law Practice, self-employed

Great features at a good price

Pros

Lots of features, lots of updates, easily integrates into Windows, good user interface

Cons

The auto assist insist you spell out the first three letters of the person's name, an extension number would be easier. Also the ability to have people type a number for the fax number, or website or mailing address would be helpful and easily deployed. Also the UberConference feature is great to have but I am unsure whether it incorporates videoconferencing.

ZW

Zach W.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

A great product with a few unnecessary features

It's been easy to use and implement, and provides us needed features that our previous VOIP did not. Although we don't use call recording to respect users' privacy, it's nice to know that option is there.

Pros

We needed a simple VOIP and Dialpad gave us that! It has great call routing features, a simple user interface and a handy mobile app to ensure you never miss a beat. There's a lot going on though, and its packaged with a lot of unnecessary features for our team. A different team that is focused more on Outbound selling could certainly benefit from them, though.

Cons

There's too much stuff. We just needed a simple VOIP with call routing. It's not a big deal, but if I have to split hairs, that is it.

CL

Chris L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Making using a phone easier again

From the sales to purchasing to implementation the company was very responsive and answered our questions. when a question was not something they knew they found the answer and got back to us.

Pros

DialPad was very easy for our employees to learn and start using. They were resistant to changing but after roll out they had very few questions since it was an easy user interface and very user friendly.

Cons

Want to use the mobile app but our company implements a MAM for mobile devices and DialPad does not provision for that.

DF

David F.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Good Digital Phone App

Dialpad does everything we need to do, especially from an outbound sales perspective and call recordings.

Pros

Dialpad is easy to use and install and is mission critical to our sales and support efforts.

Cons

It can be expensive and redundant at times but it is very much worth it.

KB

Kate B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Dialpad has made our business ops run without a hitch!

Great experience. We've never had any down time or major glitches. The value is great for what you pay. We appreciate the pricing as we are a smaller company.

Pros

Easy to set up. Established a business phone #, a conference call # and voicemail in a matter of minutes. I love that you can text from the web app. Dialpad has changed the way we communicate with customers.

Cons

We had a slight glitch when we set up the 2nd department's voicemail. We didn't even know that dept could have it's own voicemail so we are grateful for the feature.

MS

Michael S.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great bang for your buck, but would like more IVR features

Overall, we are happy with using Dialpad. We used to be Talkdesk customers and switched due to Dialpad's greating pricing, and so far, we're getting most of the same features at more than half the cost. If they can add some more dynamic IVR features like I mentioned above, this will easily be one of the best VOIP business solutions.

Pros

The Dialpad desktop app is easy to use, and the overall infrastructure is easy to setup. The analytics are pretty good considering the price as well.

Cons

- Sometimes call quality can be a bit dicey, even though we have excellent internet in our office. - The mobile app can be a bit laggy, even with full LTE/wifi service. - We would love to see more dynamic IVR options such as the ability to go back to previous menu options and having the recording repeat itself in a loop when it ends. - We're having a particular issue where we have main department line setup with an IVR, and one of the options is supposed to transfer to another department. We want it to simultaneously ring to everyone in that group, but it is going straight to voicemail instead. It may be setup incorrectly on our end, but remedying this hasn't been that intuitive. I've reached out to support, so I'm hoping to get a solution from them.

RR

Renee R.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Great tool for business- superb clarity

It would be odd now to work without it.

Pros

I had no part in the set up. The initial idea of using a computer for my main phone was odd to me and a little intimidating. The transition was a breeze and I love the crisp clarity of the sound. We have very little issue with the Dialpad system.

Cons

I am not a fan of using a headset but like the option to be able to do so in order to keep both hands free to work. I do also have a desk top that I prefer to use for quick calls.

DJ

Darin J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Dialpad

Dialpad has been a great improvement over the traditional, legacy PBX phone system we used to have. For a small, professional services business like ours, Dialpad was a huge leap in efficiency and cost from what we had before. SaaS VOIP systems are definitely the way to go!

Pros

The cost, the functionality, and the flexibility with the mobile app.

Cons

Some of the admin level controls were lacking or not intuitive, however, I recently saw the admin panel has been revamped, so some of these issues may have been addressed (not had much time dig into the new updates)

David S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

My favorite choice for office telephones

Needed a phone system that easily worked well remotely without any phone system in the office - needed it to be entirely cloud based. This fit the bill. I have followed the team at Dialpad since they were at Grand Central and have been very impressed with the way the think about telephony.

Pros

- Very good pricing - All the features one can reasonably look for - Great ability to work from anywhere - Interesting set of new features being added - Nice ability to also use a real deskphone (Obihai) if a user cares about that - Very responsive to feedback (they added a button on the main phone screen based on my recommendation)

Cons

- Still confusing for non-technical people to swap between headsets, mics, etc.

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Simplest office phone solution!

Dialpad has helped our office to minimize desk clutter once all those phones and lines were gone, plus it's helped us to broaden our communication methods through the desktop/app texting. It's saving us time and mental margin to keep all of our calls where we spend our time anyway - on computers or mobile devices. We're able to answer the phone and take care of guests sooner.

Pros

When our team migrated to Dialpad, it was so easy to retain our original direct phone numbers and we love the ability to make calls, take messages and text through the desktop and mobile applications. I also love how easy it is to transfer calls, set out-of-offices, and search through older conversations.

Cons

Initially, the call quality was not as good as it is now and it is still improving. But I am impressed with the quick feedback tool to "rate the quality of this call" after most conversations.

MS

Marc S.

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Not great for high-volume calling

Pros

It's convenient to use on your computer. It does a good job transcribing voicemail messages.

Cons

There is a significant delay between when you speak and when your voice is heard by the person on the other end of the line. This may be a function of the internet and not Dialpad's fault, but nevertheless, it makes it difficult to carry on a phone conversation. It is especially frustrating when trying to explain complicated products to clients.

BH

Brittany H.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Dialpad - A Pretty Good Service

Overall Dialpad has improved since we first started using it. In the beginning we had a lot more call issues. So far we don't have those types of issues any longer.

Pros

Running our phone line through our computer has been a great asset.

Cons

There are a few difficult to find use things about Dialpad. It is hard to find the messaging sometimes and does not default to the most recent phone calls. Also always has alerts which are annoying because we cannot get them to go away. Also sometimes it drops calls when away from my computer.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great product for the price.

Fantastic. We've tested countless other phone systems and this one is so easy to use and manage, and it's reliable.

Pros

It's easy to use, sounds GREAT, easy to admin, great product for the money, until you start adding additional features. Most businesses can use the standard version and be perfectly happy.

Cons

We run a call center, that package starts getting pricey. There are a few features that I wish were included in the base package, but the standard package should work fine for most small businesses.

MP

Mario P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Softphone application!

Great application, simple yet very efficient. This is perfect for those companies who call out prospects and doesn't need any physical phones.

Pros

I like using this application as I can reach a lot of prospects. It's very easy to use and its interface is very simple. I like its feature that it allows me to save all numbers dialed on a certain date so I can track and get a follow-up callback from them.

Cons

All in all, it's a great application but one thing that I've noticed, whenever I leave a voicemail message, it's automatically transcribed into a written message which sometimes the words are not exactly the same words that I've mentioned. It needs to improve.

CC

Cody C.

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Remote Phone Forwarding for Office Practices

Concerns that not all calls are connecting. While phone does ring, appears regularly as calls missed where no notifications were delivered for, "calls."

Pros

That we could quickly re-establish a live connection with our students.

Cons

The variations between applications: Phone, Tablet, Computer. Would prefer an more synonymous view of settings.

MF

Matt F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Choose someone else

Pros

None, we left openphone and regret the decision to do so. Going to go to aircall where hopefully their callback queue actually reflects the people that need calls back. Even after refreshing, customers that colleague A called back, colleague B would see that they needed a call back.

Cons

No SMS notifications, callback queue has never matched from user to user. It's almost like every user has to manage their own callback queue, but person A doesn't get notified that person B has already called them back and spoke with them.

BT

Brenton T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Customer Service Doesn't Exsist

Pros

It is a great concept, easy to download.

Cons

We were paying $300 a year for Dialpad and added 2 lines for our telemarketing initiatives. The bill increased from $300 to $900 a year, which didn't seem reasonable. But that's okay, a quick conversation with Dialpad's customer service should clear things up. I was wrong! After spending HOURS on their website looking for a phone number to call, support webpages that take you in circles, and a chatbot that doesn't work I ended up finding the customer service email addresses in forums. A week has gone by and the only response I've gotten is that they discontinued the email I had contacted. I wasn't looking to switch providers but they literally don't have a customer service department anymore.