Gmail Logo

Gmail

Free email and inbox management app, from Google

Gmail Reviews - Page 2

9,160 reviews

The best free email service on the planet, if you are OK with Google knowing everything about you.

Dependable and effective for over 12 years for my personal and business email needs.

Pros

Free, but the most effective and powerful email management tool.

Cons

Not much to dislike, but customer service, or getting a live person to help with technical issues is non existent. Thankfully, the service is robust and customer service is rarely needed.

Decent Product, but not the best out there

Pros

Gmail is an industry leader in the email world, we all know that. I have had a gmail account for 15+ years on the personal side and tried it multiple times for our business side. But we're just never thrilled with it overall. They have a strong spam filter, which is great. But it may be too strong and real emails can easily get lost in your spam folder. They have almost 100% up time, which matters. You

Cons

I don't like grouped conversations. It's an irksome feature, and I have personally not met anyone who actually likes it. I don't like all the auto-folders they create for you, where I have to search to find incoming emails.

Gmail

Using Gmail has always been an excellent experience for me. It makes my email management simple, and let me connect to and use other Google apps easily.

Pros

Gmail is an easy to use email client. It lets you manage scores of emails easily by assigning them into various categories like social, promotional, primary etc. It hosts a very powerful spam detector which never let a spam mail to get into your regular inbox. It come with 13 GBs of storage capacity which is more than enough for normal users to save their emails and attachments. Gmail allows you to...

Cons

One of the major negative aspect of Gmail is that the size of the attachments that you can attach to an email is limited to 25 mb, which is relatively low, and if the files exceeds the size limit of 25 MBs each, it automatically submits them to my Google Drive.

Everyone uses Gmail and you should too!

Overall I've loved Gmail and my experience and will continue to have several Gmail accounts (personal and business) for the remainder of the internet or until I pass along - which will probably be the ladder first since the internet is only getting started!

Pros

I've been using Gmail practically all my life and the setup of a new Gmail for my business is the act that made it seem official - we have a gmail account setup, we're real! Whether you're using it for personal email or business email, Gmail is the way to go!

Cons

Gmail is most definitely not alone in this category and better at it than most, but Spam and unwanted email content always seems to pop up out of nowhere. Granted, it could have way more to do with other sites selling my information but this is an area Gmail could still improve upon and help save me the headache of going through and having to move them to junk and then delete them altogether afterwards.

GMAIL-GOOD but not Ideal

I would prefer a better GMAIL. However, when I seek out 3rd party options, Gmail remains the most reliable system. I fear however that as it grows, it monopolizes processes that forces the smaller company's out. Already, it picks and chooses those with whom it works like Zoom. (Why can't I add other webinar services...like LIVEWEBINAR for example as an option?)

Pros

It is great that IT is ALL there and that I can pretty much arrange emails as I would like. EVERYONE integrates their products with gmail. No worries or concerns there. It works...99.9% of the time.

Cons

Searching for things...a problem. Setting up multiple email addresses is daunting. Why can't I make the UX more to my liking (ie. color options like Yahoo).

Organize your life with Gmail!

Overall experience is good. All the standard email service features work fine, and you can use your Gmail Account with Google Chrome browser to integrate it. It also works just fine on other web browsers.

Pros

Gmail is part of the Google ecosystem, which means that you only need one Google Account to use all their software, which enables all your data to synchronize on all devices automatically. It is a very user-friendly software that everyone can use. I never had any problems with security, and users receive security notifications if there are new logins in their accounts. The rest of the features are standard features that you expect from an email service provider. The simplicity makes it easy to use and a good choice for most users.

Cons

Sometimes emails that I receive should end up in the regular folder, but instead, they end up in the spam folder. It does not occur often, but it does on a few occasions. For example, when I change passwords on other sites, an email containing recovery links ends in the spam folder. It is not a deal-breaker, in my opinion, but it is good to know.

The only email application you need is Gmail

When we needed as system as a school that could allow us set up our own domain based emails, we turned to gmail and it allowed us to do that. On top of that we were able to set up various mailing groups to allow for easy communication within departments.

Pros

Gmail is very easy to use but also gives you so many options ranging from grouping your emails, staring your emails so you flag the most important emails, you can also create categories and change you setting however for me the most important one is being able to chat directly from gmail but that is not as important as being able to set up a google meet directly from your email.

Cons

One of the problems with gmail is that some features are only available only when they are turned on by the administrator which makes it harder to fully customise it to your specific needs.

Benefits I got from Gmail

More than 10+years using this Gmail. And few years before I don't know the value of Gmail and miss lot of information opportunities and much more.now I can tel Gmail is a addiction to me.when my day start very first am checking Gmail.Some time I scheduled for next day was changed with the mail I got next day morning. That much it's important to me in my every step in my life

Pros

Wow it's amazing app to use in my android device. And most valuable thing to me is I have using many apps and I can't check all app details and updates all the item. So that am daily checking my mail not only daily I can tel hourly checking my mail and get all updates and messages from Gmail.If I get any updates to my mail then only I check my other apps.That is the best and valuable thing to me. And...

Cons

Yup some few improvements need to be done in spam section. Sometimes we mis few important mail when it's come to spam list.there can make reminder to check spam when we got mail to spam list. And when we delete some mails it's stored in bin folder and permanently delete after 30days.if we got any notification within 20 or 25 days when it's permanently deleted it can be more valuable it's don't want to be all mail it can be the topic of mail. That's the few things I found to improve in gmail

Maybe everyone's first choice

Gmail covers almost everything when emails management is the case. It's practical; all the crucial options are there, and I don't end with a headache when using it.

Pros

It's easy to use. If you want some more stuff to modify, you can find it. Just write and send, simply as that. I love the schedule option. It's not full of styling options when the email body is the case, but it's pretty good enough if you don't need to send good-looking marketing emails. I like the possibility of adding contacts to BCC just in two clicks. And, if you use the word "attach" or "attached" and forget to attach a file the Gmail will inform you about that in the pop window. It's so good if you are in a group of people who sends two emails in a row because of that. I love the options for Labeling and sorting emails as important or starred. Autosave also the undo option in the editor is handy. And when I speak about undo, it's an essential option for undone sending of email.

Cons

There are some annoying bugs. Text can be missing on the open edited email after minimizing the editor and opening it again. Also, if you have a signature, a photo can become just an empty pic icon. Sometimes when I copy and paste the text in new mail when sent, the text has a purple color.

Gmail: My humble review

I have been using Gmail for the past Five years now, I was using this platform to communicate with my BELOVED, little did I know that I can boost my income on Gmail account. Marketing via Gmail is a completely effective method to talk with your customers. Generally it's miles very cost effective, and if nicely completed, can assist create logo identity and dependability. At an average of just a few...

Pros

Brings in fascinated audiences. My offer reaches prospect customers that already have conveyed hobby to my topic. Cost effective. Compared to all different strategies of direct marketing, substantially, G-mail advertising is much much less luxurious. Fast and effective. Conventional direct advertising methods, like direct mail, absorb loads time to make and execute. Then, you continue to should watch...

Cons

1. Today, with the appearance of unsolicited mail, Gmail can be a poor environment to cope with. This manner that possibilities are specifically searching their email for specific messages from friends, family and colleagues then, all else is banned. However way to anti-junk mail packages and electronic mail servers that filters unsolicited mail messages into the majority folder. Take into consideration...

Can't live without it!

I use it to stay organized and even treat it as a To-Do list occasionally by emailing myself whatever needs to be done. I would recommend double accounts for people who use Gmail a lot and would benefit from having separate accounts to keep track of business/personal/etc.

Pros

I am obsessed with Gmail and have recently opened up a new account for my author business. I am thankful for the extra storage space that allows me to work on the cloud in conjunction with my email through Google Drive. I like how easy it is to use, how the updates auto-fill emails, how I can organize groups of contacts and email everyone at once, how I can save drafts, etc. The list goes on and on.

Cons

There was a little while there where I couldn't mark my emails as unread, they would disappear. I don't find that as an issue anymore but it was definitely inconvenient at the time. I like the filters feature, where I can divy up emails into folder when they come in automatically, but it was a challenge to set those up so I kind of gave up on them. The sheer amount of emails can be overwhelming, but that's not Gmail's problem...

Top Tier Mail

At first, like any other program, I had to learn how to send, receive and even sometimes save emails. After about 7 days of constant use, I was moving through the program easily. When they added the ability to suit across all devices Gmail became an invaluable tool. To this day I use this email powerhouse for a myriad of everyday tasks, including keeping track of tasks..

Pros

Gmail is a very customizable, very easy-to-understand email application. You can send multiple emails save and store contacts and a variety of other things. On a more personal now. I have used Gmail since 1998 and it's the go-to program for all my business, personal, family, and recreational needs. I have a used ti for marketing, coordinating events, responding to customers, and even just signing up for social media accounts. Its very widely used and accepted everywhere. If you use Email then you should have Gmail

Cons

I only wish I could use email in thin air in front of me using an invasive light projector. I love what Google is doing and I can't wait to see what is in store for the future.

En general es muy buena

En general mi experiencia es buena, considero que no existe ningún otro software de la misma categoría que sea tan reconocida y tan usada como Gmail. Son mas las cosas positivas que me brinda este software que las cosas malas.

Pros

Es fácil de usar, tiene varias herramientas o apartados ( lo cual ayuda a mantener el orden de los mensajes) como los recibidos, enviados, importantes, spam, etc. Además algo que me encanta es que puedes personalizar tu gmail lo cual hace que al entrar tengas el color que te gusta y las formas que te agradan No se tarda nada en cargar los archivos adjuntos y envía los mensajes de manera muy rápida. Puedo tener un correo corporativo y eso es económico y muy práctico a la hora de separar el trabajo de lo personal y además te permite verte más profesional cuando de hablar con clientes se trata.

Cons

No me cargan todos los mensajes como me gustaría, es decir, no siempre me llegan los mensajes a la bandeja de recibidos sino a otros apartados. Y el software me parece un poco antiguo. Pienso que no lo actualizan de manera seguida.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Gmail integrates well

I simply enjoy gmail as a super communication tool for sending and receiving emails, but also to receive reminders for meetings, both online and in-person meetings. It gives you access to so much especially since I am a huge fan of the android device. Even with the the bug with sending attachments I still simply enjoy using my gmail account.

Pros

Having a gmail address has many benefits and opens us a communication highway, and not just to send emails. - Having a gmail email address gives you instant and free access to a decent size email inbox. - Gives you instant and free access to a load of google services like google forms, google meet, google drive, google docs. All of this integrates well that gives you a super communication system. -...

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about gmail. - Having a gmail address doesn't come across as professional at all if you are running a business and having your own domain name setup for your business email address is still top prize. - I discovered that when sending attachments from my mobile app it tends to hang in my outbox not going through at all. This is irrelevant to the size of the attachment.

Fantastic mail manager

It's very easy to use on the fly thru the web interface when you're in mobility, and this is a very good plus from our perspective but it's also very well performing when used thru a mail browser in office. It has push notification, it means that when you're receiving a new email it will send you a notification and not as per most of the other competitor that it's your pc or your phone that it's going to check every a certain number of minutes. We appreciate all these functionalities because emails are, and have to be, a tool to increase our productivity and not, as before, something that sometimes works and sometimes not or are giving you random issues..

Pros

It's very easy to use, it's very fast showing the results, it's always there and ready to help you sending new mail or looking for the important mail you received days ago and don't remember anything about it. A very good and helpful work and life companion!

Cons

Sometimes the spam filter is not working properly, for example when I mark an email and so its sender as not spam I'm expecting that next email I'll receive from the same sender it will go in inbox and not in spam folder again and again and again

Gmail is the best overall email service

My overall experience with Gmail is really positive and would really recommend it to everyone as everyone need to use an email service and Gmail is the best one. The service is quick and well developed and integration with other Google apps really helps a lot.

Pros

The automatic grouping of emails is a great feature to have and helps to keep emails organised. Also, the search is very powerful and really helps a lot in finding emails. Also, the web platform and mobile apps are really well made and very quick.

Cons

I do not really see anything to not like about Gmail. It is updated periodically and new features are added in a periodic fashion. But, I would still like it to have features from Inbox, the email app Google discontinued.

Simple Review for Gmail

Gmail provides a good experience in terms of business functionality. With easy search, the user is allowed to organize emails easily. With its special feature of what it calls message thread, conversations are easily followed on email exchanges.

Pros

Gmail is one of best email service that allows privacy and security to its users. Simple set-up and accessible web-based application, it gives a lot of wonderful features : 1. Gives up to 15gb storage space where you can access important files wherever you are for personal accounts 2. Since it is online, it is accessible anywhere where there is internet access 3. Configurable for pop3 and imap, can...

Cons

While Gmail provides very good features, one thing that keeps a user off can be its integration with products offered by google like Google+, Google Calendar, Google Drive and your Google Contacts list. If one is using other products like Skydrive or Outlook Calendar, it may seem hard to integrate it. One thing more, where one is able to open a couple of gmail accounts in one browser with all signed in, because of its integration with Google+, it is not possible to sign out only in one account which becomes inconvenient as one needs to sign in on all accounts again.

My Business would not be the same without Gmail

Overall I would not be able to operate my business as efficiently as I do at the moment without Gmail - with the efficiencies gained, I am happy to pay the monthly subscription fees.

Pros

The first and foremost benefit of using Gmail for my business is the simplicity and ease of setting up and getting up and running. I needed a quick solution to house all my inboxes and emails for my small business, and Gmail provided the solution. I was able to set up different aliases and manage each and everyone from the one inbox. For me, this was a necessity to save both time and energy when I needed to search for old emails and documents from clients. I especially like the shortcuts that can be activated within the email dashboard, which has undoubtedly saved me many clicks every hour!

Cons

As with every business, it should be growing and improving it's software in order to stay with current trends and user requirements. However, sometimes the updates from Gmail are a bit too overwhelming and they break my business flows. I understand growth is necessary, however it would help if they communicated the changes to their users and possibly made smaller changes more often (rather than larger changes less frequently)

I Use Gmail for Work, Daily Life, and Everything in Between

I very much enjoy Gmail and cannot see myself going to another email server. I grew up on Yahoo and AOL, but Gmail has been the best service I have used hands down.

Pros

I love how I can integrate all of my email addresses easily into one app. I have different email addresses for different things in my life, and Gmail makes organizing these emails a breeze. I get all my notifications from my email accounts, and Gmail will be sure to specify which account the email is going into. I also love how easily accessible they make my Google Drive so I don't have to spend time in a separate app messing with that. I've used Gmail for probably over ten years now and never plan on going with another email server.

Cons

Honestly, the only downside that I have ever had with Gmail is that I will sometimes not receive important emails because Google has designated them as spam. This has only happened a handful of times, and when it does go to my spam folder, it's always easy to retrieve my messages.

Best Email service from my various experience

I've always encouraged clients that have issues with their Microsoft emails to switch to gmail. It just seems to clear the issues up. It seems like Microsoft has a high security filter for emails or something like that. That it causes issues for incoming and outgoing emails. I am personally a big fan of gmail. It seems like they really have it simple and organized that most clients can grasp it rather quickly.

Pros

I love how simple it is. It doesn't feel cluttered compared to other email platforms I've used. Its great for team collaboration and being able to send each other calendar invites, set up video meetings, tasks on your calendar as well as filtering your emails to help keep your main task (or emails) prioritized and the others can be archived (out of sight out of mind). Which is great for me. As I use...

Cons

I rarely have issues with Gmail if I'm honest. But since their calendar is connect to the email. I would say I wish you could share tasks with other coworkers. You can share events but you cant share tasks which I feel would be helpful as I keep my project manager in the loop of things I have on my schedule for that day. But all around the email is very straight forward, easy to set up as an individual or a business, and looks clean.

Evaluate the evolution of emails

In truth Gmail has helped me alot. I can speak without problems with my customers regionally and overseas with out spending a dim. My customers sense shop once they get hold of emails from my Gmail account than my commercial enterprise emails due to the fact commercial enterprise emails can be compromised without problems than Gmail emails.

Pros

"I actually have high-quality alternatives to take proper stories with Gmail. We created organisational e mail addresses through Gmail and It's truly beneficial for our organisational works." "I additionally love that Gmail is favored to my google lecture room due to the fact I get an e mail while a scholar turns in paintings and it allows me to be greater time-green with grading." "Gmail is a first-class provider which allows me development in my business. I actually have most effective ever used Gmail and were very satisfied with it." "I love that I could make extraordinary folders to place my essential emails for paintings, doctors, or easy messages from friends. I actually have usually used gmail due to the fact it is the best."

Cons

"I dislike how difficult it's far to locate my junk mail folder - I additionally dislike what number of emerald come to be in my junk mail folder." "There is not anything that I truely do not like approximately Gmail specifically. I hate receiving emails in my Spam folder however that isn't always a Gmail problem." "Logging inside and out may be a piece painfully hassle Some and the delays may be irritating relies upon I anticipate to your connection velocity however now no longer sure." "The simplest con I even have is that at instances emails can wander away or positioned withinside the junk mail folder and that they should not have been. So you need to cross search for the e-mail which could take day out of your busy day."

My Forever First Choice Email Software

Overall, I think Gmail is an excellent software. I've been using it for over 10 years and it's never faltered. It's always been my number one email software and the only one that I've trusted with all my most important and even my unimportant emails. I have three different email addresses with Gmail and I would recommend everyone have at least two. One for important emails and another one for more informal stuff like subscribing to shopping websites or apps.

Pros

I love how regular Google apps that I use are integrated within the Gmail app. My calendar and contacts, for example, are easily accessible from Gmail. Therefore, if I'm looking to write an email and I need to double check a saved event within my calendar, or an important contact, I can easily click on those options and will be led directly to the calendar/ contacts apps. It's also very easy to sort...

Cons

The only thing that really bothers me is that you can't access the emails you've already read while you're offline. I know that's because the software requires internet connection but I think an added feature to access any emails you would've already received while you would've been connected to the internet, would be a great step forward.

Gmail review

Pros

the most useful feature provided by Gmail is Integrating our customised business email. in every aspect Gmail is the best email service provider. Fast, free and stable, with spam protection, very easy to use, and can send emails to multiple people with one click. Gmail is not just about mail, it also allows users to send attachments and import parts such as subject, label, sender, recipient, date,...

Cons

Customers can be challenging to persuade to use Gmail instead of Microsoft Outlook. Although Gmail provides all of the same functions as Outlook, a few of them require you to think differently. Available storage space is very small and preferably bigger

Gmail is great for both personal and business

Overall, gmail has been my favorite mail tool of the past decade. iIt integrates with nearly Everything, is part of the google family of products and has some pretty amazing filtering and anti-spam capabilities.

Pros

gmail is THE standard email service for anyone who does not want to be tied to Microsoft / Office365. it integrates with nearly everything, and provides amazing integrations - app script, 3rd party tools, google workspace

Cons

My least favorite item with respect to gmail is the sheer number of forums / threads that come up when you try to search for support, most of which have no solution but an "i fixed it, nevermind!". The google documentation and troubleshooting can often be overly vague when trying to do complex tasks.

The killer feature is now the integration with TASKS

Other than the tasks hack that I just mentioned, the Gmail ecosystem is most powerful when you're doing extensive searches, filters and labels. The searching is always really fast and extremely accurate.

Pros

I've switched back and forth between Microsoft and Google office suites over the years as I've had various jobs. Now for the last year or so I've been using Gmail with the newly title Workspace and it turns out that the most amazing feature is the ability to simply turn an email into a task, with a link back to that email thread, just by dragging it to the tasks bar on the right. It's super powerful! And you can have a ton of task lists as well, so that you never have to worry about an email getting buried--you can always make it actionable with a Google Task or with another plugin like one from Asana.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Gmail is that you're stuck in the Google ecosystem for everything else, like Sheets and Docs and Meet. When we were using teams before, Outlook has finally caught up and surpassed Gmail, but Excel and Word and Teams were already waaaaay far ahead of their counterparts, so now there's really no reason left to want to use Gmail for work. At home, for my personal use, it's a totally different story--I'm a total believer and haven't ever wanted to look at anything else, but the next startup or chance to start over we get, we'll be using the Microsoft suite for sure.