GoToWebinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

GoToWebinar Reviews - Page 3

1,451 reviews

Great tool to connect and engage with a wide audience

Overall this tool is fantastic. It helps one to reach out to wider audience at same time. I realize the tool is widely adopted across industries.

Pros

Best thing I like about GoToWebinar is its intuitive UI screens. It makes navigation easy to do your tasks like sharing relevant content, muting/ unmuting an individual, having a video conversation. Unlike zoom, there is no restriction with maximum number of participants. Recording feature is another feature that I extensively use to keep all my interactions with clients recorded.

Cons

Its Q&A panel can be improved further. Many a times, questions are missed out as it never blinks or highlights whenever a new question is posted by participant in the panel.

Make your meetings easy.

I used the GoTo platform almost every week from small meeting with just a few people, to conferences with hundreds of people that need to communicate with each other from distant locations. Once things were correctly setup, it never failed.

Pros

Reliability. As long as my network was connected, I don't think I've ever had a meeting get dropped. Meeting setups can very customized to suit your needs.

Cons

Getting audio to route the way you wanted it to correctly could get really tricky. You have to look up which computer is hosting, how the meeting was setup, are any bridges or special devices needed etc.

GoToWebinar make your first choice for organizing your webinar

Overall experience with GoToWebinar is excellent. GoToWebinar provides excellent support to their clients.

Pros

We are using GoToWebinar platform for organizing our monthly webinars. This toll is easy to use. We can access this using our smartphone, laptop, desktop anywhere. GoToWebinar has excellent audio and video quality. Screen sharing is too easy. We can run pools and surveys in live event

Cons

GoToWebinar require strong internet connection. If your internet speed is slow you will face problem with the audio and video. Overall all features are excellent.

Software Review - GoToWebinar

My overall experience with using GoToWebinar is that it is very straightforward to use for anyone. Depending on overall quality of the stream, it seems to me like it would be a great tool for expanding your reach for your business or creative ventures. I've seen a lot of content creators use it regularly, which makes me confident in the quality of the software.

Pros

The things that I liked most about this software was that it made it really user-friendly to work with. I have used GoToWebinar about four different times within the past year, and it has ran smooth to little to no hang-ups (depending on internet connection). The quality of the video stream, along with the layout of the program makes me want to start consider using this program more if I saw myself bet heavily into doing webinars and similar streaming. Liked the functionality of the chat/members box, as it made it easy to send messages, either public to the whole group or as a personal message to the team broadcasting. Overall, this program seems like a great resource for content creators for streaming webinars, and similar methods of reaching their desired target audience.

Cons

Didn't really find anything I didn't like about this software. During my time using it, it has served my purpose well.

Original and Still The Best Webinar App

I've been with GTW since they first began many years ago, and although there are many different options out there that do the same thing for less, GTW is still the most reliable provider out there, in my opinion.

Pros

GTW and GTM make it easy, and profitable, to hold large online meetings for ANYONE. I'm not a large company, but I've done webinars with almost 200 attendees in the room before, and everyone managed to get in and connected without issues, not to mention they all stayed connected the whole time. Everything you need to host a meeting is built-in, including recording and screen notations, attendee questions, chats, polls, everything.

Cons

I've noticed that GTW can be a bit slow to add features, and when they do add them, there is a lengthy period of time where the program has glitches here and there before it works themselves out. They are also pretty expensive compared to most en mass meetings.

Great Way to Connect & Collaborate

Pros

GoToWebinar is an easy tool to quickly schedule & share a conference line with a large group of people. Connectivity is almost never a problem for me or my colleagues. The quality of the line is always above-average, and there is virtually no lag in the screen share.

Cons

I do feel that, sometimes, there are pieces of functionality that other connectivity solutions have that GoTo does not--ability to "whiteboard" easily, share multiple screens/users, etc. That would be a significant differentiation in the market.

GoToWebinar is a really powerful solution for webinars. Excellent audio and video

In our organization we hold several webinars per month that are related to planning, goal setting, and reporting on results achieved. This practice allows us to interact with colleagues who are in remote locations. In recent days, GoToWebinar has been essential, since practically all of our team is working remotely.

Pros

Overall, I really like the audio and video stability of GoToWebinar. We have used it with a considerable number of users and the platform has responded with great performance. I should also highlight the ease of use to schedule the webinars. Another feature I like is the feature for polling during conferences, which are a great incentive for participation. Also, I think it's great that they have implemented GoToStage tool great for posting recorded webinars.

Cons

Although the GoToWebinar features are really powerful, I think the cost is really excessive for its use in the professional version. I would also like the acceptance of payments function to be carried out in currencies other than US dollars.

Makes Continuing Education Accessible

GoToWebinar makes it easy to take advantage of free continuing education for employees to keep up with industry innovations.. In the nonprofit world this has been critical in adapting to the COVID world.

Pros

I find the process extremely easy to use. The Webinar organizer send me a link in an email which allows me to add the class or panel discussion to my calendar; on the date of the webinar I'm notified via email and I just follow the link to the site where I click on the indicated link to be admitted to the webinar. Often, attendees are allowed to post questions and have them answered live, which is a feature I love.

Cons

Nothing about the process as an attendee are difficult to use. If you miss the webinar live most organizations use the feature that allows me to access the archived recording to view at a more convenient time.

Gotowebinar is one of my preferred webinar tool

One of the best pieces of webinar software I have come across

Pros

It is simple to use and configure, easy for the instructor and quick and simple for the student, but all sort of features included to combine an almost perfect tool

Cons

Sometimes I need to try twice to enter the meeting. I know it is my PC though, but it is still unpleasant

Wish there was more flexibility

Pros

Go To Webinar is my go to platform for webinars. I think that they make it easy to schedule, and to enter details for registration, panelists, etc. I also think that the interface is easy for the audience to understand, especially enjoy the question box.

Cons

I think that there is really no flexibility in customizing the back end of your webinars. I would love to be able to ask people what country they come from, without forcing them to also pick a US state they're from (yes, this is a thing and a major problem when you have an international audience). It would be great if they customized the state dropdown menu for each country, or simply made it grey out when someone chooses a country that is not the US. I also think there are few options for logo or branding, and I really wish I could include hyperlinks in the description.

GoTo Webinar Review

Overall going from Webex to GoTowebinar was great because we were able to go from something that was not updated with the times to something that was more current.

Pros

It is a very seamless tool and very straight to not only implant into the business, but also understand how to use it.

Cons

Just like with any tool there is always limitations and nothing is every perfect. Occasionally we would have connection issues, but not to much beyond that.

GoToWebinar Review

It's definitely a good application if you are expecting to host webinars. After using other software like this and GoToWebinar, this is the preferred application.

Pros

I really like the features that give you control over the webinars. For instance whenever we use it for our monthly meetings, we can mute everyone except for those who are presenting and then un-mute them whenever it's time for the group collaboration. Another thing I like is that you can change the presenter's screen to any other user is just a couple of clicks; that comes in handy whenever there may be more than 1 presenter, but they are a few states apart.

Cons

I don't really like that something has to be downloaded onto everyone's computer. Even though it's not "that big" of a download I wish that it was a web based app. I really only notice this problem whenever we have someone new joining our called for the first time, we'll have to wait a minute or two to get going because they have to download the app.

I needed a webinar tool. I tried the trial period app for GoToWebinar. The app is strong.

I am able to do a complete webinar (never having done so in my life) in less than 24 hours. Feature rich with a well thought through design I do not think you can find better.

Pros

All the controls such as send out invitations, ending the webinar, managing the microphones, and video, running the screen presentation, switching screens when necessary etc and compatibility with Mac versus PC. Best technical support I have experienced, ever. Tech Support's team with whom I interacted exhibited knowledge, courtesy and spoke in easily understandable English. And I was on a freebie! I mastered the app with their help and concluded my webinar successfully. I have another on Tuesday next week.

Cons

Cost is high if you can only use it once or twice a year. Otherwise, the cost is competitive with the other similar apps I tried. I am thinking of ways to increase webinar marketing to spread the cost over multiple webinars. The basic cost of per month for a small company is OK if you use the tool every week. Medium and larger sized companies have other pricing options that appear reasonable considering the features and number of users.

I have accessed webinars by using GoToWebinar. The system is easy to navigate as a participant.

Being able to engage others virtually in a presentation, webinar, or training session. You can reach multiple people at once and with video option you can see people who are presenting as if you were in the same room.

Pros

It's easy to set up, attend, and invite others to a webinar. The reminder is automatically sent out to those who are registered to attend/participate. You have the option of listening via the computer on mute or calling in on the telephone. The webinar navigation bar for chatting and asking questions is simple. Uploading the PowerPoint is simple and accessible to those who attend the webinar.

Cons

The cost for this software/program is expensive for the smaller company. Because of the cost, it forces the smaller company to go with the free programs that are available that aren't as efficient.

Virtual Meeting

Pros

The best part of this software is that you never have to miss a meeting again. Meetings can be accessed from the comport of your own home or the country of your choosing. Go to Webinar are easy to use and give you multiple options to call in using phone, computer or simply typing your questions/answers. What I like most about this software is that you can have many users at the same time without laps in time or functionality, meaning that everyone is seen and heard at the same time without interruption.

Cons

There is nothing about the software that has given my team problems. The only small issue may be the speed of internet at a specific location but that is not a problem with the software its the problem with your internet provider and speed offered.

Great for presenting to larger groups

Very pleased with the controls and overall operation for holding meetings with 12-80 people.

Pros

GoToWebinar gave us full controls to carry out our meetings and sessions at the level of professionalism we wanted. We could easily control audio and video feeds, provide control to speakers during presentations, poll participants if needed and review questions posed during the proceedings. Registration process allowed us to conduct secure sessions and automatic email updates kept participants informed on how to access sessions.

Cons

Need a better way to give control of advancing presentations for panelists/speakers and still allow administrator to click and review other elements - polls, audio feeds, etc.

Go To Webinar VERY Effective Tool for Business

I love to use this software it is very functional Scheduling was not an issue and very easy. Notifications were great and I could save them right to my email

Pros

Very functional Most times scheduling was not an issue Notifications were great and I could save them right to my email

Cons

Sometimes volume would be an issue I periodically would have issues with the connection, mircophone, headsets, computer and sometimes they would switch automatically.

Jordan's Review

good for what it is but isn't my favorite webcam video to use

Pros

use it once a week for all of the meetings, really like it for what it is and is a good alternative to ring

Cons

kind of is used by me as a backup solution to ring and zoom. Is good if one of those is down not working

Invaluable tool for a global organization

GoToWebinar kept our teams in sync around the world.

Pros

As a part of a global training team, we used this tool everyday to talk to our partners both domestically and internationally. It was easy to setup meetings across timezones and with multiple users.

Cons

At times it would seem that the id of the host of ther meeting might get "hung up" in a meeting and we could not exit. The help desk could always assist though.

Meet Online, Work Online, Success Online

This is very useful to conduct meetings and it helps to interact with many people at once. It can be used to easily communicate with others as well as to conduct remote meetings.

Pros

Can use to conduct remote meetings. It also helps to conduct better training as it provide opportunity to invite participants and remind them before the program.

Cons

This is not user friendly all the time. Sometimes get stuck and you need good speed of internet connection.

Good flexible solution

does the job for us although the pricing could be a bit more convenient Also it would be nice if we didn't have to download a software for most to jump on our webinars

Pros

Works well and doesn't crash unlike others. They've been around for a while and compared to the others they're quite quality

Cons

Price point. Although we started using it but it would be nice if they offered a cheaper tier We pay for it but they may get competition soon

Webinar learning curve is assisted by GTW

Starting to create and run webinars for my company took a lot of learning and a lot of effort. Thanks to gotowebinar it was not a difficult process. It helped a ton with everything from content, registrations, attendance, reporting, Pardot connector and increasing success over time. Overall we are happy with the service that we get from gotowebinar.

Pros

I like the landing pages they provide. They tend to get better registrations than the ones I create on my own. The reports are very informative too. They help the sales team a lot. It pretty much takes care of all the little things like emails, surveys, recordings and it is very easy to use.

Cons

Not a ton of direction when we started. I think that a little bit more training would have been helpful. It could be more interactive.

Still the best webinar software out there in terms of overall functionality

We used it for lead generation and product sales. Most of the time the webinars worked without a hitch. It was great to have a lead capture function that we could tie in with the software so we can capture leads through social ads.

Pros

It incorporates lead gen and a professional webinar setup. A lot of people are familiar with how a GTW broadcast works so I believe its show up rate is higher than other platforms.

Cons

The price. For a small business it is a much more expensive option than say...Zoom. It's worth the money but if your budget is tight you might want to look at other options.

Great if you can afford it, but missing featurees

Overall we had a good experience. We would host webinars and it was simple to use (as mentioned). The price and the tiers felt like they were made up, and totally maximized to get your money. It was not cheap, but they are pretty ubiquitous.

Pros

It is easy to roll out, Citrix makes stuff pretty simple across the board. The actual interface is pretty intuitive, and most non-tech people can manage it without a lot of handholding.

Cons

Somehow they have not figured out how to do streaming video through the connection. It has been talked about in the forums for years, and they haven't gotten it right. We were using this for 30+ webinars a week and had to use all sorts of other softwares and workarounds to get synced video/audio. Finally we built a solution to do it for us.

Excellent Service for online webinars

I used this to organize and deliver webinars to large groups and track the analytics afterwards.

Pros

Makes arranging and giving webinars a pretty seamless experience. They have all the functions you would want in delivering a webinar such as screen sharing, virtual panels, polls and post webinar surveys. They also show you great analytics data to track engagement and attendees .

Cons

There are a lot of different functions which is good but can be confusing at times. Some of the functions do not always function in the same way. For example, if you turn on your webcam it does not always show you the feed so you can see what the attendees see.