GoToWebinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

GoToWebinar Reviews - Page 4

1,451 reviews

Industry standard, still a little complicated to use.

I've setup several webinars for people, once you get a hand on it is really easy to use, the tool by itself won't do much since you need to advertise the webinar, maybe that is an area of opportunity for the company, to provide preset tools and/or email templates the clients could use.

Pros

Stability in streams is great. Once you learn te tool is easy to set up webinars.

Cons

If you are hosting the Webinar, most of the times you will need a product expert to set up. A little expensive for starters. Some of the features feel a little spammy for people who arrive to the webinar as client.

GoToWebinar is great for collaboration

GotoWebinar is one of the top tier product similar to Cisco's WebEx. WebEx's advanced is that they have customer support to help you host the meeting that does cost extra.

Pros

We mainly used GotoWebinar for online meetings and seminars. The group can consist 10 to 1000 people depending on the situation. We used GotoWebinar for meetings among volunteers as well as seminars for our patients and caregivers. This is a plus as it allow people remotely to virtually meet without traveling. It also allow us to educate people and bring awareness at a low cost without using old telephone lines which cost XX cents per minute per user.

Cons

What we like least is that in order to get into meetings, the end users need to download a plug-in, and make sure the microphone, speaker, and video work, and internet connection all work. If not, ther users will not be able to particate. We get a lot of frustrated users as they do not have everything set up in advance.

GoToWebinar excellent tool to automate your webinar

I am satisfied with this platform. It has everything needed to conduct hassle free webinar.

Pros

We can automate our webinar using this tool. With GoToWebinar platform we can conduct hassle free webinar. It has all feature required to host a webinar. We can quickly create virtual event and automate email invitation, confirmation and reminders. We can run videos while streaming, run polls, stage sharing to boost our engagements.

Cons

Sometime due to slow internet connection you may face delays in Video streaming. Can take more then usual time to get connect.

The Best We've Found So Far

Pros

I appreciate that it is part of the LogMeIn family- it makes life easier dealing with less reps (LastPass, Join.me, etc.). I like the recording options, but I really like the registration options with the attendant email cadence and survey follow up.

Cons

We were advised that multiple users could leverage a single license, however the security features will freak out if more than one IP address logs in at the same time and will require 2FA to proceed. This wouldn't be an issue, but for the fact we were advised by the rep to only get the 1 license and that the "restriction" would basically be a limitation on sessions. Setting that aside, the end user experience has friction- folks need to download >20MB to get going on watching the webinar. Not all end users are happy with this. I know this is alot regarding about what I liked least- but honestly, in terms of webinar software GTW truly is the best we've found so far.

Next-Gen Tele-Presenting

Pros

As a User who would set up meetings or attend "webinars" presented by other industry professionals, GoToWebinar is the next generation of telecommuting. Directed to use this as an employee, this was an incredible tool to learn more from industry insiders and successful companies to be able to ask questions in real-time chat, participate in polls, and be able to revisit the "show" at later times. As the employer using this, GoTo was an immensely helpful tool in presenting our findings and creating the overall conversation locale for business meetings. Whether through live camera feed or screen share, this tool was incredibly helpful.

Cons

Without too many complaints, sometimes there were occasional hiccups in the start/beginning stages of a call. Once issues were discovered and "fixed" the show would go on without a hitch, but we could have run into a number of issues. That may be browser hang-ups, lack of video but with accompanying audio or vice versa, and seldom, lag. Overall, very efficient.

So Easy to Use

GoToWebinar has been a great tool for us when working with intermediaries who host webinars. We are very familiar with the software and enjoy using it over some competitors with an interface that lacks in comparison.

Pros

GoToWebinar is another stallworth in the collection of Citrix products. GoToWebinar is great for web conferences and uses the same familiar interface as the other products that are related to it. The phone conferencing is easy to use and reliable and the viewing interface is also easy to understand.

Cons

It should be explored to merge GoToWebinar into GoToMeeting. The two softwares seem very similar and it is perplexing why a separate product might exist. I think it would be feasible to combine these two products while I do understand the technical differences.

Not the Top But Useful

Pros

Go to Webinar, is a nice forum for multiple people to gather and share classroom information. It is visually pleasing. I like that more than one person can present at the same time. Easy to share screen for presentations.

Cons

In the Q&A capabilities I find it difficult for presenters to keep track of questions as they come in, and they have difficulty in answering all the questions asked during a webinar. Most people don't stay after, if their question is not answered right away, and may miss the information they are looking for. If there is a transcript option for emailing to attendees after a webinar, I have yet to receive one. If this is an option, it should be set so that an attendee can ask for that at the beginning of a webinar.

GoToWebinar is very comfortable software for training and webinar purpose

To provide training to new comers in my team, I feel that GoToWebinar is one of the suitable options to provide training to the new employees. Moreover, I can easily attend a meeting on GoToWebinar due to its simple interface.

Pros

Attending and conducting a webinar is so simple on GoToWebinar. I can carry out a large webinar on GoToWebinar swiftly. Also, new comers easily get used to the interface of GoToWebinar that makes my job easy as I can communicate with them efficiently.

Cons

GoToWebinar is lacking in the mobile application. I definitely faced a lot of issues to attend the meeting from its mobile app. Sometimes, I had to leave the mobile and resume the meeting on my desktop as it lags a lot on the mobile.

Customer review of GoToWebinar

Overall its a good product to have webinar sessions.

Pros

As the name says it is very useful for webinar sessions. It has all the features available to connect to inside or outside of your organization.

Cons

I did not find anything specific about this software. It has some better features than any other software present in market.

It does what you need it to.

Simple and easy to use. GoToWebinar is one of those softwares that do all the work for you. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Pros

Organization for what we use it for is the best part of GoToWebinar. Everything is clear and concise and where it is supposed to be. List of recorded webinars, who has registered, future webinars. All important things needed when you host weekly webinars. Need to make a change? Changes are quick and easy. You can download your recorded webinars and send them to where the need to go if need be. Nothing is hard. Nothing takes time it really does the work for you.

Cons

The only problem i have encountered so far is that sometimes the recordings don't record. You will host the webinar and then go to my recordings and for whatever reason it wont be there or you’ll have to sign out and sign back in to see the webinar.

Easy to use, never had any issues

It's a good product and easy to use. If you are going to be hosting or presenting a webinar, I'd recommend this software, as most everyone can use it & not have issues with audio, video, or streaming quality.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use. I use it a lot for listening to/watching webinars for work. All you have to do is click on the link that is auto-generated by the person who creates the webinar and it takes you straight to where you need to go. I've never had connection issues or any complaints really.

Cons

There are not many cons to the software, so the only thing I'd have to say that I like the least is that it opens another window in my browser and has a few pop up windows that I don't think are really necessary.

Great for large meetings, awkward for small ones

The big problem we are having now is social distancing, and yet also holding interactive meetings that folks can be a part of in the same way we did before. GoTo has made it so we can do that.

Pros

The software is impactful because it allows us to conduct large group meetings, with some individuals in control and other folks just watching but having the chance to speak. This would be awkward with a small meeting, but with a large meeting it works really well. It is a little complicated to get going, but it is pretty straight forward. We were regularly holding large meetings that had to go online or get cancelled due to the coronavirus, so this has allowed us to continue doing that.

Cons

If there is a way to use a camera option with GoToMeetings, I do not know it. So I cannot review that aspect of the functionality. It does make things weird with small groups, but that is no issue at all with big groups. I do not think we have had any issues integrating it into our processes, except getting folks used to using it in the first place.

Generally Effective, Could have more useful features

Overall, it is a solid piece of software. It gets the job done in most cases though at times you may want more features within features. It is user friendly and does not require much technological experience.

Pros

GoToWebinar is most helpful because it is easy to use and easy to catch on to. For users participating in a session, once you have the correct link, it's a very simple process to access the webinar or video conference. It also has most of the features you would usually want to use such as the ability to use video(webcam), screen sharing, chat, and the ability to ask questions. It works well for virtual training sessions and workshops. It is also now browser-friendly where you can use the Instant Join App in the browser instead of downloading the software to your computer.

Cons

Some of the integrated features could be more customisable. For example, while you are able to ask questions and solicit answers from the participants, the types and format of the questions is limited. Also, the browser mode is somewhat limited.

Solid but confusing

Solid product that is fairly easy to use and quick to Set Up.

Pros

It’s web based and can be used anywhere with an internet connection. Sessions can be set up quickly and on the fly or Scheduled.

Cons

Setting up sessions as appointments can be a bit confusing, however with use it becomes clearer on how to do them.

Great for webinars as a participant or presenter

I have used GoToWebinar both as a webinar participant and as a presenter, and it's a great interface from either direction. As a participant, the sign in experience is easy and it's easy to tell how to do things like answer a poll question, chat, mute and unmet yourself, etc. As a presenter, it's easy to understand how to share your screen, see who's in the webinar, ask questions, and do everything you need to. I do recommend making sure you do a test run before your first live presentation, just to give yourself a chance to walk through things, and I've seen glitches when transferring between different presenters who are at remote locations from each other, so practicing transitions is a good plan.

Pros

Easy to use for both presenters/hosts and participants. Chat & polling ability allows for interactivity without cross talk. Easy to screenshare.

Cons

It's not as pretty as some other online meeting interfaces, and I feel it sometimes gets a bad rap because it's been around a little longer. You might not seem as "cool" using GoToWebinar as if you use Zoom, but these are fairly minor points because mostly people just want something that works, and GoToMeeting does.

I have been a customer invited to meetings. I enjoyed my experiences when using this product.

Pros

I like the ease and usability of this program. It has always been a pleasant experience when using webinar. I receive an email, accept the invite and the appointment automatically loads into my calendar. This helps me organize my day so I can devote the appropriate time to the webinar appointments. This program has always ran smoothly for me once I have been able to login.

Cons

My one concern is logging in via my mobile phone. This has always been a struggle for me. No matter how I try, I cannot log in as instructed. The only way k have been able to log in had been via calling in. This isn't particularly convenient when I am on the road. Besides this, webinar had been quite efficient for me.

Host monthly presentations for our customers so they get updates about our company.

Hosting monthly webinars with customer with an easy sharing and connection method.

Pros

Attendees connect in muted mode. Attendees can join before the meeting has started. Presenters can share screen and record. Recorded webinars can be converted to movies and shared on websites. The system reports on the users attentiveness so you can see how effective the presentation was. Simple to start up and connect to meeting for attendees. Easy method to unmute a participant so they can speak and ask a question. Question system has handy option to just reply to that one customer or you can reply to all.

Cons

You can't disable features like raising hand, which has no real purpose that I can see. If something goes wrong it can be difficult to know. E.g. how can you know if the audio stops or if you forgot to share your screen. (some of this is user error). As you often share your screen the window is a bit cluttered. Ideally you need two computers. One to connect share screen the other to administer the webinar.

Happy

With GoToWebinar our department is able to connect with other agencies during inclement weather and have briefing with the State. We ask questions and share info about whating is happening or about to happen with other department.

Pros

GoToWebinar has worked great for us for the years we have been using it. We use it when we have weather briefing whenever there is bad weather in the area. When connecting to GoToWebinar, the connection is easy and simply. There is never a problem with the volume or the videos. I think it's great.

Cons

At this time since we have been using GoToWebinar we have not found anyting that we can say that we like least about it. It is doing evenything we expected it to do. Sorry

A good, sturdy option for webinars

GoToWebinar allows me to attend webinars that help me increase my skill levels or learn new things.

Pros

I have only used GoToWebinar as a webinar attendee, and never as a host or participant. Because of this, I can only speak to the platform as an attendee. The platform is reliable and I have been happy with the performance and stability of it as a whole.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit clunky to use, for example at times I have experienced the sign-in process taking longer than expected (i.e. a couple of minutes or more) and when switching from one kind of audio device to another, it can take a while to switch. On occasion I have had to sign out and sign back in to accomplish this.

I have clients who use GoTo Webinar and I find the user experience quite easy

I get an easy experience that encourages me to join a meeting or a learning opportunity via the internet.

Pros

It costs the invitee nothing and I rarely have trouble getting connected. This keeps me from having to drive to the city to be in a meeting. We can join learning sessions from the comfort or home or office. It is a good way for my clients to have me join their "events" so I can support them better.

Cons

Some webinars are easier to participate in than others and being only the user and not the driver, that might be a function of how they have set up the session. I don't deliver them myself so I'm not sure how everything works behind the curtain. Sometimes we can see each others and other times we cannot.

Don't Miss out on your meeting or training!!

Overall I have been super pleased with Go ToWebinar and would recommend it anyone that has a busy schedule or who would just like a smoother way to meet, train and record!

Pros

I love Go ToWebinar because we are able to be keyed into many different partners that use Go ToWebinar. With busy schedules and all the meetings we have to attend. Having some office time to just sit and watch a training, meeting or group report is so nice.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed about some of the streaming webinars I have attended is that it gets hard to get everyone off the sound. Sometimes if you have more than 40 people it gets a little hard to start the meetings. Otherwise when everything settles down on the users side, it is great!!

GoToWebinar - my go to webinar software

We use this software to connect meetings across our various offices. It helps to quickly set up and host meetings thus improving collaboration and efficiency

Pros

There's no learning curve with this software. Anyone can get going with it in no time as it's really well built to be easy to set up and use. I like the ability to easily record any presentation. Another feature that's really good is the ability to conduct polls even in the middle of a presentation The video and audio quality is also almost always very good.

Cons

One complaint is that the software sometimes freezes and has to be restarted to fix it. Another issue is that it's a bit pricier than its competitors

From a set up and integrations side, it's great

Pros

Main reason why we use GTW is that it integrates with Hubspot. This is probably the best webinar integration that is compatible with Hubspot. We're able to report on registrants, attendees, as well as use forms to push contacts to GTW. It also has more robust webinar features compared to Zoom webinars.

Cons

We just implemented GTW a month ago, and I work more on the set up/digital marketing side, so I haven't tuned into a webinar just yet, but from what I remember the platform is a little old school for attendees. However, since it's so widely used, it's pretty easy to use regardless.

GoToWebinar

overall GoToWebinar is a good software for online meetings.

Pros

me and my colleagues use GoToWebinar for our company meetings and to schedule a meetings with clients. It is very convenient to give a presentation to the clients using this software. I can even record my meetings using GoToWebinar.

Cons

I have no dislikes about this software because it is very easy and straight forward to use and so far all my meetings went so well!

Works great

A good, albeit pricey'ish product that gets the job done. In a larger organization I think it's a must for the stability and product you get.

Pros

Stable and reliable software that gets the job done. We have had 400 on at once and went without a hitch.

Cons

I think it's a bit difficult to handle several users at once with licenses that gets quite troublesome sometimes when switching around.