GoToWebinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

GoToWebinar Reviews - Page 6

1,451 reviews

As a participant it's pretty straight forward. As an Admin, it can be a bit glitchy.

Pros

When registering, it provides you with everything you need to get connected - the phone # to dial in, the access code, and audio code. Tools to use once entered are easily viewed and straight forward.

Cons

As an admin who also participates in webinars, the software does not do a good job of distinguishing the difference. When logging in as a participant, it will set you as the organizer and take the controls away from the actual organizer. Another oddity is sometimes the audio controls don't work and you have use a different string of commands to activate.

Great option for streaming presentations

Pros

The organization I work for has recently started selling out for certain events due to the size of our conference room so we decided streaming the presentation for people so they could still be apart of it. So far we have had no issues- everyone can hear well and the process seems to be very easy for anyone to figure out. Once we register someone we put in their email and send them the webinar info and they can join the webinar. I like that they are able to interact even when they aren't there, they can ask questions through chat and do different polls. You can have many different users join and I think they love the fact that can all interact.

Cons

The cost is high so I suggest only purchasing if you will use it more than a few times a year. If you are only needing to conference call with a few people I would stick with gotomeeting. It could use a little re design as well.

I like this software

Please make sure to learn how to use it by going over tutorials and FAQs

Pros

This software has served its purpose well for me. It allows for easy online access for people to communicate easily and present effect presentations. It is a great resources for the academic setting and I would highly recommend any education institution to get and implement it into their resources.

Cons

I have experienced connectivity issues but with all online based software that is generally based on your internet access and not the actual software, thus I honestly don’t have many issues with it overall, it’s a must have

Robust tool for hosting and recording webcasts

We've found it to be a relatively cost-effective way to host and broadcast professional presentations with minimal effort. The controls don't require too much thought, meaning you can give your full attention to the content you're presenting instead.

Pros

It's pretty easy to get started, which is always appreciated, and the options to record and distribute recordings are also simple to use.

Cons

Much like any tool of this type, it is susceptible to internet connection issues that create lags, etc. I don't believe that's a problem with the tool itself - it's a common issue that can happen any time you use any tool like this. It's a chance you take!

There are better options, beware contracts!

None now we needed a webinar provider for a while but it will be another year before we can cancel.

Pros

It does webinars, setup is not great. There are much better options now. This might work for a giant company that needs constant webinars.

Cons

Billing is impossible to deal with customer service is nothing but infuriating. The configuration page is confusing.

GoToWebinar

GoToWebinar makes it so easy to accept the invite, and connect to the webinar. I have never had any problems connecting and being able to see and hear the webinars I attend. The Q&A bar is great too - questions go straight through so the host can answer them timely. Great product!

Pros

Webinars are great and GoToWebinar s extremely easy to use. I am basically and end user and find is so much more less time consuming to use this product when attending webinars. So much easier than leaving the office. They make is so simple to connect.

Cons

nothing - ease and convenient for the "on the go" employee

05 Star

Excellent and Brilliant idea

Pros

Can have joint venture meetings with other business partners, clients

Cons

Nothing that I can think off - I just signed in and was there on a webinar with others

Big GoToWebinar Fan

Overally we've had a good experience with this product in all aspects - set up, live webinar, recordings, and reporting.

Pros

GoToWebinar integrates easily with Marketo, making our marketing programming so much easier. Setting up a webinar event is really simple.

Cons

The reporting capabilities in GoToWebinar are significantly stronger than our previous tool (zoom), which required a lot of manual data extraction.

GoTo Webinar Offers Top-of-the-Line Experience

For SMBs that offer more than the occasional webinar or sales meetings and need to accommodate larger groups then GoToWebinar is by far the best solution we have found.

Pros

GoToWebinar provides an outstanding experience for both the presenter and the attendee. It is very easy to use and offer many more features than most products of this kind.

Cons

As far as the product goes there really isn't anything is missing or requires significant improvement. If there is a downside it is the cost for SMBs that don't have a on-going, regular need for a solution this robust.

Software reliable, API is flaky, Support is Worse

We love the reliability. We run a weekly webinar and over the past 9 years have done 210 webinars, with a good attendance. Let down by the API and very poor support, which seems worse since the LogMeIn purchase. Now starting to look for alternative webinar solutions.

Pros

I have been using GotoWebinar software for the past 9 years and have found the basic service to be very reliable and have done over 210 webinars using it. The video functionality that they have recently added has been a good addition. Over the years that have made it easier for people to dial in, we get few problems. They also offer a phone dial in number for people to listen to the webinar audio.

Cons

- The API is the worst API that we have used. Most products provide a simple REST API with a reasonable amount of instructions. The Gotowebinar API is badly documented and is difficult to work with. Just found out that the current API expires on 31 Jan 2019 and you have to move to Oauth2 - a costly migration. - Support for the API is awful. In November we were unable to use the API for 10 days. - The chat function is limited - we developed a chat room to run alongside GotoWebinar, but cannot integrate it with the webinar software - Takes a while to convert the recording

Good service

Overall, I'll continue using the service. I think it is worth it and makes web conferences much easier!

Pros

I have used GoToWebinar many times for work-related as well as school-related meetings and webinars. It's a great service to have a phone conference. I also like that it allows you to share your screen and share documents and PDF's for everyone to see as well.

Cons

Sometimes the sound on the webinars/conferences can be choppy or go in and out. It's usually an issue that resolves itself, but it can be a hassle sometimes to troubleshoot.

The standard for your webinars!

A great product overall with stellar customer support makes this the gold standard in online webinars!

Pros

If you're looking for an easy platform to host a webinar that may have hundreds of visitors. Look no further than GoToWebinar!

Cons

The applet take a while to load. Seems like it gets worse and worse. 2 weeks ago I had to contact Customer Service for the first time ever in 5 years because the applet wouldn't start and someone had to remote login to remove it. At least they have fast and great customer service!

Webinar looks more professional

Good webinar tool recommended for corporate environment.

Pros

Host can give audio, presenting access attendees on webinar based the attendees role in webinar. It has user friendly User Interface.

Cons

Not able present the screen if we have the moderate connectivity , chat box is not good in GoToWebinar.

Good To Go Online Webinar Software

Very good. I've been using this software for several years, like many people, and I'm sure to still be using it for online webinars many years from now. Lives up to it's name, as the 'go to' webinar software, for me.

Pros

Ease of use. Quality of service. Software works very well overall. Screenshot function is my most used of the many tools available when on webinar calls with other groups. Group chat function is also excellent. Calendar scheduling function very reliable.

Cons

Webinar hosts using email reminders for webinar events relentlessly.

Very popular

Pros

This is a very popular online conference and webinar hosting program and application. It is easy to download and easy to use. Instructions are easy to follow and they offer a variety of ways participants can attend the webinar, such as dialing in by phone while running video content through their computer. Or they can choose to run both the audio and video through their computer. There is a chat feature for attendees to ask the presenter or moderator questions. They have a separate way for attendees to contact technical support if they run into any problems.

Cons

I’ve run into problems installing the program depending on which computer operating system I’m using. It opens several windows before the conference is launched. If you’re not careful, closing one of the “extra” windows will disconnect you from the webinar.

GoToWebinar

Pros

It`s very similar to GoToMeeting, so if you used that, then it will be very easy for you to work with this tool too. Key difference is that you can have way more attendees on the webinar online, all other features are in place, you can share your screen, you can record your self, you can manage your attendees, so very beneficial tool to share information with a big audience.

Cons

Takes lot`s of time to export your recorded meeting. Could be quite complex to set up a very first webinar if you not familiar with those tools.

Administrator Review of GoToWebinar

Useful to provider users/customers regular updates in a personal and controlled environment. There are also a number of interactive features that can be used to gather information from users/customers as well as automation features for follow up post webinar to save time

Pros

GoToWebinar has a number of features that are really helpful to deliver webinars to large groups in a controlled manner for example raise hand feature for attendees to ask a question.

Cons

Breakout rooms would be a very useful addition and the ability to blur your background without downloading a third party application.

With help, using it was a breeze

Pros

We have done numerous webinars with GTW, and each one has gone very well, technically speaking. Each time we have had a third party to basically run the webinar and do most of the technical stuff for us, but it has been easy for us each time. Muting all participants, screening questions, and presenting has been straightforward and we have not had any problems.

Cons

It seems like it might become a little complex if you go off the beaten path. As​ I said, most of the technical stuff was done for us but when I tried to poke around myself, I quickly became overwhelmed at how to do basic functions like mute the audience, set up multiple people to screen audience questions, etc.

Not the best webinar option out there

GoToWebinar might be the option for you if you're needing a customizable solution for webinars and videoconferencing and you have significant time to invest in learning how to use it. For me, webinars are just a small part of what I do, so my time was better spend elsewhere.

Pros

GoToWebinar is an okay option if you're looking for a simple, easy-to-implement webinar solution. The features are reasonably useful (recording, analytics, polls, etc.), and it's pretty easy to set up. (This was a must for me, as I'm not exactly a tech-y person.)

Cons

But when I needed to produce webinars for up to 100 people, I knew that I needed software that was easy to use but still had the robust features I needed. GoToWebinar wasn't that software. I know it kind of makes me a dinosaur, but Adobe Connect had much more of the features I was looking for, and I found them more quickly (for instance, being able to upload files for participants to download). GoToWebinar might have those features, too, but I spent so long looking for them that I felt like I was wasting my time.

Super easy to use UI, great hosting tool, good bang for buck!

Video conferencing, private rooms, hosted webinars, a good deal of attendee space

Pros

The pricing structure is just simple. You get everything (webinars, meeting rooms, and free audio. The UI is incredibly easy to use. It also comes with attendee lists and basically attention meters that tell who paid attention.

Cons

The big downside is that your attendees have to download a software, which can be a problem for some enterprises. It also does not working with smartphones nor tablets, so users have to be on desktops.

GotoWebinar, powerful tool for effective communication.

Pros

With GoToWebinar, what the interlocutor says is truly respected. Everyone has the opportunity to talk and comment on their points of view. The tool allows effective conferences, internal chat and focused conversational topics. Promotes communication, more when the work team operates remotely.

Cons

It is important that GoToWebinar notifies you when the microphone device is on, it is not clear if it is closed or dirty and if unexpected events occur.

I love it!

Pros

I've used it with paid and Free version.It allows you to have meetings, conferences, webinars etc. I've used it to have meetings and I plan to use it for webinars for my online business as well! You can record the whole meeting, you can write notes, draw on the screen, share screens, you can call/dial in if you don't want to speak over the online portal. Its easy to use, very convenient, professional, nice interface tools.

Cons

The interface is cool, BUT when you are in a meeting, there is an X in the floating box that is your meeting, and if you open the chat, I sometimes think, if I click that X will it close my chat or the whole meeting!? So, I always have anxiety about that dang X. I wish the interface would be a bit more specific. Of course, Free version is limited. You can have like only 3 people in a meeting, no support,

Best Web Conferencing Product We've Found

Our overall experience has been excellent. Very Satisfied.

Pros

GoToWebinar is a workhorse when it comes to webinars and online conferencing. It is powerful and feature-packed, but also easy to use. Administrators and presenters can make the app sign, while users and conference attendees interface with the product easily and intuitively.

Cons

It takes up a fair amount of bandwidth and may require users to turn off their VPN software to improve the app's performance.

Easy to Use with Lots of Features

Overall, it's a great product that's cost effective for our organization not just from a software services cost but also for our users that can avoid long distance charges by dialing in via wifi.

Pros

This software not only makes phone calls and webinars easy for large groups of people from around the globe to communicate. It can record sessions for future playback. It allows you to see who's talking and people can join via wifi avoiding international phone costs. GoToWebinar integrates seamlessly with our website and CMS.

Cons

We've had a few occasions where people were unable to dial in and no reason/issue could be identified or given.

NEW WAY TO DO CONFERENCES

Overall it's a very usefull app to attend conferences and run business meetings.

Pros

As a specialist doctor we attend conferences online because of COVID-19 and GoToWebinar is the most easy way to do it. You can schedule your meetings easily and attend conferences without any problem.

Cons

In my opinion the UI can be better. Especially the chat section should be better. Except these problems there aren't any problems that I can tell.