All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Highfive Reviews

Pros

Additionally I found it to be very user friendly as it helps us in performing various tasks effectively. The thing which impressed me great about it is surely the video conference quality.

Blair F.

Read the full review
Camera quality was superb as well as the audio capturing device. Very good quality for the money.

Mike W.

Lawrence C.

Read the full review

Cons

The only problem you will face with it if you have slow internet connection. You will be automatically disconnected if you have poor connection.

Shrishtee S.

Read the full review
This is a tough space and problem to get right, and as such, Highfive occasionally struggles with bugs.

Ben S.

Jeffrey D.

Great for working remotely

Great for any team that works remotely!

Pros

We have staff that works remotely, and with Highfive it's like there are in the office. The video quality is fantastic, audio is great. At times it's like the monitor is just a window they sit behind. This makes the remote team truly a part of our staff.

Cons

We've tried to utilize this for remote meetings, and as a 1-time meeting solution it's not the easiest. There are things to download, hoops to jump through, etc. However, as a remote-work situation or when you will be utilizing it regularly it's well worth the investment!

Moderno e profissional

Pros

É um bom projeto de videoconferência. Tem pegada moderna, profissional para trabalhadores se sentirem profissionais, tais como são.

Cons

Não é fácil obter acesso ao aplicativo, o que me deixou frustrado.

Works, but constant hiccups

We have both the hardware system and the software. I use it for videocalling user research participants, holding job interviews with remote candidates, and calling colleagues when working from home. Sometime I also use it to display my presentation on the screen. It's ok when used internally.

Pros

It hosts the recording in their cloud, so it doesn't take up your space, and it holds it for 1 year. Has most features that you need for a typical video conferencing software for business use.

Cons

- It doesn't do well when 100 people join. - When I invite people outside the company to join, they struggle to figure out how to connect if they aren't used to videoconferencing systems - instructions are lacking, it's frustrating. - The room system always displays the view super zoomed-out, and makes it look like we're a lot further than we are. So the other participants can feel a lot more...

A Mostly Positive Experience

All in all, I have had a mostly positive experience using Highfive. I myself might prefer Google Meet or Zoom, but I can't argue that it's any better or worse than any of the similar video conferencing softwares I have used.

Pros

Highfive is a highly intuitive video conferencing software. You can join an existing meeting in seconds, with or without a Highfive account, via a simple link. This is especially useful when scheduling meetings with clients outside of our company. I specifically enjoy the Google calendar integration - you can link up Highfive with your Google email account, and when you open the Desktop app, any meetings scheduled in your Google calendar that were scheduled with a Highfive room will appear in a bottom bar. Just click the meeting in the bottom bar and you're in. I also appreciate the "Show Everyone" feature - the ability to see everyone in a meeting, regardless of meeting size.

Cons

About once every few days, joining a Highfive work meeting fails on me, and sets my internet connection offline altogether. I have to restart my internet modem, and then I'm able to join once the connection is remade. I'm still unsure if this is due to my internet or Highfive, but I don't seem to ever have issues joining meetings using other video conferencing softwares, so something tells me it's a Highfive issue.

Big need covered poorly

It feels like I overpay a service that I use as I don't find a more convenient replacement. I think if there was a better competitor on market I would opt out from Highfive

Pros

Idea of having static fixed camera in meeting rooms that can connect to your laptop and create shared conference experience is great. I love the move meeting to TV feature as you can turn off laptop if needed and meeting will stay on air. Share screen option with share window option is great in terms of privacy. Also integration with Slack makes it easy to invite new people fast

Cons

Cold start takes too long. Is highly dependent on high speed internet and glitches when having slight network issues. Screen sharing mostly is pixelated and low FPS. Meetings get interrupted with no reason.

Outstanding tool that has diminished the distances

Overall I would say Highfive is surely the best choice for setting business meetings.

Pros

I have been using this tool for many years and I would say Highfive is no doubt the best ever conferencing tool. I like its simplicity and ease of use. Another biggest advantage is that its mobile app also works amazingly. It also let us share screen with others in reliable ways. It can be perfectly used for making video conferencing all around the globe. So that, multiple teams can conveniently communicate with each other. Furthermore I love its amazing ability of recording meetings that can be forwarded to others.

Cons

I never face any issue while using Highfive. I am totally having satisfactory experience with it. It fulfills all my expectations. The only limitation is that internet connection should be strong enough then it will work without any interruption.

A Solid Video Conference solution

Highfive is a great video conferencing choice and I have had no real issues using it.

Pros

Highfive has a well-designed interface that makes video conferencing an intuitive experience. The plans include hardware and both mobile and desktop apps though you can also use Highfive through your browser. The audio and video quality with Highfive has always been clear with little or no lag during conferences.

Cons

Meetings are capped at 125 participants which could be a problem for larger companies but otherwise I have no complaints.

Main conference call solution we use at my workplace.

Highfive is very simple to use, you need just several clicks to setup the call and everyone can join easily. I contacted support once regarding an issue and got a swift and fulfilling response which is nice and quite rare.

Pros

Love that you can use the Chrome version and get all the necessary features without downlading the app.

Cons

The audio/video quality is generally okay but there are a lot of stability issues. Also there is no integration with google calendar, even though I am not sure if it just isn't set up properly. It would be nice to have an automatically generated link when you setup a meeting in google calendar, just like hangouts.

Great Service when we used it!

Highfive was a great service when my company used it. We had it for about two years and it worked well. The only reason we stopped using it was we outpaced it in the features needed as we saw explosive scale before COVID.

Pros

Great UI, fairly intuitive to use. Easy to connect to in a conference room. Sound quality was perfect.

Cons

Sometimes could be glitchy. While customer support was friendly and willing, it was sometimes hard to nail down a bug since they needed the a picture of the crash screen.

High quality and good video conferencing option

Benefited me during this covid19 pandemic we continued working and communicating using this service.

Pros

Easy to use, very convenient during this distancing time. the video quality is good and screen sharing is possible. It is mobile phone compatible too.

Cons

It lags when one member in the meeting has poor network

FANTASTIC core product, but beware the usability is alpha grade

My company is Skype heavy, including the now-unusable Skype hardware cameras (support for those has been discontinued to the point where they're literally bricks). There are lots of computer-to-computer video solutions so our core need was a solution to do video conferencing between large televisions in remote conference rooms. The need for high quality video and audio that works through a TV, preferably without a host computer, trumps everything else. HighFive does that with style, but note my Pros and Cons as they really matter.

Pros

1) Extremely low latency on video and audio. This is absolutely critical for meaningful communication. HF blows Skype out of the water, for example. 2) The Dolby audio device that comes with the Pro package is easily the best audio speaker I've ever used. This is literally the hardware that sealed the deal for us (see Cons, too). 3) Customer support is solid. Nice people, good response times, good answers to my very detailed questions.

Cons

1) UI is ridiculous and very buggy. This is alpha grade at best and very far from "it just works." 2) No way to start a room-to-room conference without a computer or phone at each end running a native app (no hardware remote/control). In theory there's a web interface coming soon, though. 3) Built-in audio from the HF camera device is awful. I would not buy anything but the Pro system for that reason...

Distance is not a problem for Highfive

Do you have remote offices or employees who work remotely? Are you planning to have a conference with them? Then I recommend you to use the services of Highfive. It is comfortable to use because you connect the camera to a TV the screen of which is large enough to see it.

Pros

What Highfive differs from other software is that it is supported by a camera and speakers. They are easy to set up and don’t require any professional skills. Usually, they are connected to a TV and produce high-quality picture and sound. You don’t need any app to use Highfive on your computer. The only thing you need is the extension for Chrome. Please note that for using on mobile devices you need to download the application. If you run a company which offices are spread in many cities, countries or even continents and you need to hold a conference with your employees, then Highfive knows how to solve your distance problems. This video conferencing tool will bring all the employees together and save your travelling expenses and time.

Cons

As I have already mentioned, the camera and speakers produce quality picture and sound, so it is logical that you require fast internet. It can be irritating if one of the conference participants has slow internet. Unfortunately, I think that the monthly price of Highfive is way too high. The quality is good but the product could be cheaper. Though I mentioned that the equipment is easy to set up, there still can be people who have troubles.

Okay, but has some audio issues

Highfive allows our company to communicate face to face from different locations around the country, making it possible for team members in other offices to stay on the same page.

Pros

I like that Highfive allows our team to hold meetings with people in office and those working remotely. We use it weekly to hold meetings between our New York and California offices. The interface is user-friendly and straightforward and allows for both camera feed and screen sharing simultaneously. I also like that you can create specific URLs for specific teams or recurring meetings, so I always know where to go to find my regular meeting - I don't need to search or ask the admin for a new link every week.

Cons

I dislike the fairly frequent audio issues I encounter when using Highfive. If more than one team member has their mic on, it becomes nearly impossible to hear the person speaking, so we often have to pause while everyone checks to ensure they are muted before the speaker can continue. Also, the sensitivity to wifi strength is very high, so even if I am connected to wifi, if the signal dips even the slightest bit, the Highfive connection drops and I have to rejoin the meeting.

IT CROWD - "High Five"

Highfivehelps us to connect with a lot of our remote colleagues and provides face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Our department is split across to offices one on each coast, and it's easy to start feeling disconnected/independent from each other. High five is used to help bridge that gap giving us the ability to easily have a joint team meeting between the two offices in our respective conference rooms. Its use of screen sharing helps us in being able to provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow.

Pros

Highfive is great for connecting with remote colleagues and providing face to face interaction and screen sharing capability. Perfect for companies with multiple offices, or employees out in the field. It's useful even if you don't have remote reps. High Five's screen sharing capabilities provide an easy way to quickly walk through powerpoint presentations or even show the team how to accomplish a particular workflow. Lastly, High five is great for Rick-Rolling your co-workers in other rooms when they least expect it.

Cons

1. Getting Rick-Rolled by your co-workers... 2. High five can at times lag, or run slowly if you or one of the participants in the meeting has slow internet.

Quality video conferencing made easy.

Overall experience has been great. Calls have had amazing audio quality and good video quality. Meetings are easy to setup and start in a rush. Outlook plugin has been handy to easily add conference information to the meeting request. Some technical issues with the desktop HighFive application have detracted from the overall experience.

Pros

Great sound quality. Have not experienced anything better for conference calls. Super easy to start call (used Desktop and Android app) and move to nearby TV / speaker system.

Cons

Issues with "infinite" update loop. On 2 separate occasions, after working fine earlier in the day, the HighFive software could not locate the MSVCP120.dll. As a result, I end up in an infinite update loop. I did not install / update / remove any other software on my machine in between HighFive working and not working. Using the script supplied by HighFive, doing an uninstall / reinstall (plus removing HighFive appdata folder) did not fix the issue. Both times, the app just started working again later in the day. As a result, I am always starting HighFive well in advance of a meeting, as I am never sure if it is going to work.

Well worth the money

Ease of use and the amazing audio and video quality

Pros

-Video and Audio quality are industry leading -Easy to set up -The new recording feature is fanominal. One-button recording with an instant video link emailed.

Cons

-Square orientation for anyone not using the proprietary camera set up is frustrating as we have many on our team who work together and are forced to each have a laptop open instead of using one computer for the small group. -It's inhibitive to invite have to download an app to allow somebody to join the call. Allowing in-browser viewing would be better. -Cost. This is an expensive service and the hardware is not cheap either. It's very high quality but will cost an arm and a leg.

Literally the best video conference experience if you are literally made of money

Love it and love working with them. We use it to maintain constant communication connections to our offices around the world.

Pros

SO EASY. They have refined the UI over years and years of hard work and everything just WORKS. It's such a good experience. And its pretty, and your brand looks good on it. The audio quality is astounding and there is minimal lag even on spotty connections. Plus screen sharing.

Cons

SO EXPENSIVE. Gobs of money. Zoom doesn't do half as good a job, but its almost a 10th the cost.

Highfive review

The benefits of Highfive, is the easy use that it provides.

Pros

We at PicsArt use Highfive every single day for our video and audio meeting calls. Highfive is very easy to use and very practical. I can either log in on my laptop or my mobile. I can get on my meeting calls at anytime, anywhere, which is great for me.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software, is that it crashes sometimes. When they internet is a bit low quality, the software laggs and disconnects instantly.

Nice conferencing tool

Pros

We use Highfive for our regular calls with our colleagues in different offices/countries. It's simple and easy to use, and the mobile app also works well. I like that you can schedule a meeting through Highfive and link it to Google calendar so that the meeting link and all the details show on other members' calendars. Built-in chat is useful in cases you can't hear each other and don't have to jump into another app to ping the call participants.

Cons

I have often experienced issues with sound and screen share. Lately, I haven't been able to share my screen no matter what I do, and no matter if I'm on the desktop app or calling from browser. Even after multiple reinstalls this problem persists and has caused some delays in workflow and discussions.

EXPENSIVE but oh so good

Their customer service is exceptional, product warranties are honored well and effective, they've become a common term at our business.

Pros

The best video conferencing system on the market, flat out. The equipment is gorgeous, easy to use, and super high quality. The UI is delightful and the UX is well thought out.

Cons

Price. Price. Price. So damn expensive its really hard to justify. We need it for our daily global meetings, but for a smaller company its a tough sell.

My Highfive experience

I was introduced to HighFive during my transition into a new company. I had spent countless hours in previous businesses fussing with dongles, cords in walls and other nonsense to effectively display and conference. Within five minutes of being introduced to HighFive., I was able to operate effectively and was impressed with its functionality. I would certainly bring this piece of technology with me wherever my career takes me next.

Pros

How quickly it can be installed and in use, and how friendly the interface is to use.

Cons

Right now the only drawback is some glitching with the launch window, and requiring the user to click leave call instead of closing out the window.

So happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience with Highfive! Thank you for your feedback regarding the end of call experience. I'll make sure to share that with our engineering team.

Highfive- Connect Around The World

Highfive is a fantastic tool for doing video conferencing all around the world and it is very easy to install and use. The best part is that you can connect it with any device you want to and all the device delivers HD video and very good audio. One can also share the screen of their device with all the people attending the meeting.

Pros

Cons

I have not found anything bad until now.

Connecting classrooms

The highfive experience for us has been great. We utilize the systems,(we currently now have 3), for expanding our distance learning programs throughout 3 counties. The video is clear with little to no latency and the Dolby audio is a must-have addition!

Pros

Zero latency, Dolby audio system, cost, equipment size

Cons

We have to repair the Dolby audio unit every time it isdiconnecterfrom power source to reuse it. Need to have ability to record through unit (highfive) a session . Rather than third party unit.

Glad to hear you're having a good experience with Highfive, especially our audio quality thanks to our partnership with Dolby Voice. In terms of recording, I'm happy to say our team is currently working on to extend our feature set to include it.

Nice software for conferencing

Pros

I have been using Highfive for half a year for my conference calls, and it's been quite helpful. The interface is minimalistic and simple, which makes the software really easy to use. The quality of sound and video largely depends on the internet connection, but overall it's been quite satisfactory. I use the scheduling feature quite a lot and it's very handy - you can schedule meetings in high-five, sync those in Google Calendar and invite guests. Sharing screen option is also very useful. I also like how it shows the upcoming meetings at the bottom, in case you forget anything.

Cons

I haven't had any serious issues with this software.

In the room on the road!

Highfive is a video conferencing tool that is stacked with features and does it better than any of the other conferencing tools I've used. High quality audio, easy to use, and many features make it easy to feel like you're in the office when you're home or traveling. The program allows for screen sharing which is crucial given how often we're sharing or presenting information. It also allows for recording and saving conferences allowing for you to review meetings in case you have to miss a session. Strongly recommend!

Pros

Highfive does seamless high end video conferencing with ease. Screen sharing is simple to use and responsive eliminating most lag that typically presents in a screen sharing environment.

Cons

There isn't anything I can complain about regarding Highfive

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.