Hopin Logo

Hopin

Virtual event tool for conducting online webinars & summits

Hopin Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.47/10

Reviews by rating

This was a great platform to help connect our Business Resource Groups members online in a new and exciting way. We were able to leverage the stage, sessions, and networking parts of the platform.
Generally, we love Hopin. Compared to the other solutions out there, it’s extremely effective and affordable.
You can pick up using the software today and have an entire event built out by tomorrow. The speed networking is a fan favorite and the expo is a great value for sponsorships.
That the software couldn't manage the actual day of the event. Speakers and participants reported issues but no information or notification about the problem could be noticed.
Lack of customer service during events (no live customer service?! Really?! In 2020?!). Google Analytics software never worked for us.
This may have been a problem with the font or font size that was used by the presenter.

JH

Julie H.

Vice President - Events

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent value and great user experience for your guests!

Transcript

Julie H.: Hi, I'm Julie. And I'm the vice president of events. I give Hopin a four out of five stars,...

Nardia C.

Senior Manager

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Summit With Over 400 Guests

Transcript

Nardia: Hi, I'm Nardia And I'm an executive advisor. I rate Hopin a four out of five, and for more reviews...

Martin M.

Attendify Over Several Years

Attendify helps us reach audiences that typically do not engage with our Society. In the past, many of our shows have been limited to strictly our members even though the event was free to the public. With Attendify, we have a message to share with tech-savvy users who might otherwise ignore us. The app makes it easy to share show details even with people who cannot attend the event locally. By encouraging attendees to share experiences through the app, we spread the show experience around. Our experience from investigation to set-up to implementation has been excellent. The Attendify team has been responsive, knowledgeable and very professional. We will certainly use this tool again.

Pros

- Ease of adding and updating content - Speed of updates being available - Ability to incorporate external content with WebViews - Notifications tool make last-minute changes easy to communicate - Excel uploads from templates make large updates efficient - There are more tools than we needed, so next year's use will be expanded and more engaging

Cons

- Requires the Attendify shell app - more of a problem created by Apple and Android but still a bit of a frustration for us and our users. - Image dimension requirements are hard rules - no option to upload larger image and crop or smaller image to expand. When it says 180x120, you MUST upload an image at those exact dimensions. - Some areas and headers I would like to change (color, background image, etc) are fixed and cannot be modified.

RB

Ray B.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Today's Virtual Conferencing Facilities Don't meet the needs of an effective Group meeting

I will use Hopin more. However there are some good Open Source platforms that for group learning are very good and I don't understand why they are not used more.

Pros

Hopin is much better than Zoom as an effective group meeting. A Group meeting i much more than hearing one person speaking or presenting and everyone else listening. There is a need to know everyone who is on the call. It is not a matter of the administrator displaying a screen showing everyone who is attending and then taking it away. I want to be able to send messages either to the whole group...

Cons

I thought the software was more collaborative and provided more connectivity between the participants than the other popular virtual conferencing facilities.

Design, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Create simple conference mobile apps

I was able to create and app for my clients in a very short period of time.

Pros

Maybe the fast deployment was the most interesting feature for attendify. In a few weeks you can have your mobile app working in both platforms, IOS and Android.

Cons

The worst things about attendify It's luck of customization. I need it to make it as similar as possible to my clients Identity, but it was very difficult to do it. And another this is they won't provide video upload and streaming.

Hi there, thank you for your review! We're glad to know you enjoyed and found value in our platform's speediness of app delivery. That's one of the things we hang our hat on - the ease of getting an app up and running! In terms of customization options we can definitely understand this need. We appreciate your thoughts and will pass them on to our team for future consideration. Thank you again, and we hope to get the opportunity to work with you again the near future!

TS

Taylor S.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Phenomenal virtual event platform for a great price!

Overall, I've been very happy with Attendify! The value is incredible. And about 99% of our attendees across multiple events (over 700 high school students and families) tell us how great of an experience the platform was to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize the platform for how I used it. It's very intuitive and this same feeling also translates over into the user experience!

Cons

I desire for the attendee analytics to be a bit stronger. I think there's a good opportunity to provide administrators with more useful sets of data on each attendee (i.e. how long they tuned into a specific session - minutes/seconds). This data will help our organization make more informed decisions for future virtual events.

DH

Davian H.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Using Hopin for Corporate Events

Hopin was a solution for a corporate event that I helped manage for an organization that had their own Hopin account. We sent a live stream over to Hopin so that people could see our live studio production mixed in with some discussions that happened over Streamyard. I did find it a little confusing to know when/where I was in preview mode and whether or not my actions were impacting the real event, but in the end, it all went completely smoothly. I also didn't know where to find the recording options.

Pros

I like the functionality where you can add or remove users to the video call on the fly while they sit in a waiting room.

Cons

For all the functionality with adding and removing users from the live room, I still wish that it was even more customizable to allow for greater variability in video layout.

KK

Kimberly K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Hopin Delivers!

Hopin is helping us deliver a collaborative message to our membership. It is keeping us connected in these 'de-conneted days'. We are appreciative of the fantastic customer service and dedication of the Hopin Team to make improvements to the platform each and every week!

Pros

An amazing event platform to deliver true collaboration with a main stage feature. The networking is a quick favorite and the breakouts are useful to get additional information shared.

Cons

Limited ability to control who attends when; cannot see who is in the meeting, cannot see people coming into the backstage.

PG

Patrick G.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Hopin is the Killer Virtual Event App

Has enabled DevNetwork to successfully weather the Covid Storm

Pros

Video Chat Based System Ease of Use for Attendee and Sponsor Hopin open to suggestions and feature adjustments

Cons

Inability to allow attendees to immediately video chat in booth - requiring moderator acceptance of a video chat should be an option not an absolute

ML

Marcela L.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great event platform

Overall all was fast to set up and to follow through with OBS. Our reviews were on average 4.5 from 5 stars. The best comment was that it was a better event than previous taking into account corona measures. It was pretty easy to use for our fans and mute bad or useful comments in our chat.

Pros

I liked the way it makes easy people to talk to each other. It also allowed to make a similar experience to what we should have had face to face.

Cons

The random 1-on-1 calls were only for the daring. Many of our users didn't want to be paired with strangers. We needed to put some extra effort for people to try it.

Hoon S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Exactly what we needed

When I started looking at apps for our first conference I started calling around to a lot of vendors and started with Attendify and they stood out significantly against the competition. Much better price, features, customizability and whenever I mentioned them as a someone I was looking to other competitors they would try to talk trash and would repeatedly heard "You'll get what you pay for..." which was a great value/experience! We were running behind with our conference prep and Pedro and the team were able to get our app ready with only 2 weeks to go before the conference. Even though it was not our ideal timeline they were able to help us get a great looking app together that took our conference to the next level and allowed for many of our attendees to network and make friends.

Pros

Great customer support! Of all the calls to the competition they were the only ones to provide an app mockup for us. Custom branded app with a great, clean design and extremely easy to update content at a price that was $1000's of less than the competition Networking/messaging features Easily create accounts by syncing with Linkedin, Eventbrite or social media Easy to load contact info for attendees...

Cons

Even though the app easily integrated with Slido for moderated Q&A through the app I would love to see this feature added to have it all in the app. Would rather pay the extra $200 to have the feature in Attendify

ERIC O.

Internet, self-employed

HOPIN TO THE FUTURE

I have enjoyed my experience of using the Hopin platform and I look forward to an online Symposium in July using this platform. I have used this software since booking my ticket for attendance early in the year. I have logged in to view, and to listen to speakers ahead of the main event. I have every confidence that this event will be excellent from a technical point of view, and that it will give me an experience as life-like as it could be short of an actual physical conference. The availability of the Hopin platform means that I can learn from countless experts in the natural resources business without having to fly from the UK to North America to attend a " physical" conference.

Pros

The Hopin virtual platform is intuitive and easy to use. In my view, the platform offers an excellent internet communication platform that will continue to grow in popularity post-pandemic because its various features combine to create an interesting experience- whether in listening to key speakers or hopping into a booth for a company presentation, or even for one-on-one discussions.

Cons

Whilst it is my experience that the Hopin platform is excellent, I wonder whether more could be done to encourage or to teach users how to benefit more from the various features of the software.

JR

Jay R.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Have been using Hopin since March 2020 - still love it

Really positive experience and we have grown our online offerings because of Hopin.

Pros

The ease of set up and the comfort our users have in logging in, attending, engaging and networking.

Cons

As with any tech - there are ways to improve. Having a speaker green room within Streamyard would be incredibly helpful to manage multiple speakers throughout an event.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Social Abitily Plus For Attending Business Functions and Confrences

Over all we have had a lot of success using Attendify. In the handfull of times using the event app development software out events have sold old, we have had more people show up to our events and have had more time to plan and organize the actual events than worry about how we were going to promote, sell and other wise get the word out about the events all because of Attendify helping develope our event apps and keeping people informed and intouch with each other.

Pros

I love how Attendify makes it quick, simple and easy for everyone to create affordable events, apps in just a matter of mins to few hours. They also make it affordable and trustworthy so that people can engage with people that maybe attending and get their feedback and communicate with those who will be sharing in the fun and excitment of the upcoming events around them. It is very easy to use and if you have any question about how to use or develope your event app the customer service staff is always there to help via the chat window provided or through email if you are in a hurry. I was able to get our weeknd confrence set up on a monday and everyone was able to see and get started by the following weekend for the confrence which was held the first weekend of the following month.

Cons

I dont really have much to complain about, we have only used a handful of times and other than one incodent where the program crashed in the middle of setting everything up and developing our event , which we were able to get help with right away. There is nothing to really complain about.

Thanks for the feedback! We're so thrilled to hear you found Attendify easy to use and that it allowed you and your team to focus your efforts on other important aspects of your event. Please reach out to our support team or your dedicated success manager if you ever have questions or need assistance with the setup process. We look forward to partnering with you on future events :D

Music, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

A strong product for a good price

2018 was our third national event using Attendify, and we are very happy with it. Our members have come to look forward to the app launch, and we noticed many leaving their bulky program book behind and instead just relying on the app. Thanks for a great product!

Pros

We most liked the fact that our Conference attendees not only adopted using it, but were enthusiastic about having an event app, and offered thanks and compliments as part of their Conference evaluations. The banner ads and push notifications added significant value to our sponsors. And the real-time notices and schedule update were VERY helpful when we had unexpected venue and presenter changes. It also helped get the word out about a campus security incident. The hyperlink to our evaluation survey was also very handy.

Cons

In some ways it is labor-intensive for setup, particularly linking the interactive maps. But the process is logical and thorough, and we have refined our own process for doing the setup tasks in the most efficient order. We were also disappointed with the Apple Store changes this year that added a step for attendees to locate and download our specific app. But this was likely not within Attendify's control.

MI

Matt Internship P.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Great App for the Money!

I really enjoyed using this app and creating something really cool utilizing the pre-built templates and customizing it for my event. For me, I consider this the best entry-level event app, if your on the line as to whether or not to use an app, try this one first and then you can always look into what others offer.

Pros

This app is the best price I've come across through numerous demos with competitors. It works about the same, is easy to set up and use. Can't go wrong here, depending on your needs.

Cons

Because the cost is low, you can't expect to have ALL the features that the other apps offer. You do get all your basic features and everything you would need to share details of your event, but as your needs grow I feel you eventually grow out of this app and pay more for another one with extras.

Thanks so much for your positive review, Matt! We really appreciate the feedback, and would love to learn what features you feel are still needed, for the app to provide the most value for you. Please reach out to us at any time!

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

An amazing Conference App

Pros

This platform gives the most bang for your buck. Many features and personalized sections makes attendees extremely happy without breaking the bank.

Cons

There are many features that will go down as updates roll out which while on-site can prove as a challenge.

Thanks so much for your awesome feedback and review! We're thrilled that the app added value for you, and we hear you on the need for feature reliability. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience, so feel free to contact us at support@attendify.com, if there's anything we can help you with :)

EC

Emanuela C.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great event app for large conferences

Pros

Great event app to use during live events and engage attendees with a social stream. I used it for a large business conference to show the agenda with multi tracks, more than 100 sessions and speakers. Attendees can favorite the sessions they would like to attend and build their own agenda and set alerts on the phone. The social stream was successful, attendees posted pictures and comments of the event and we used it to promote some special sessions or other contents. The backoffice is very easy to use and in few days I set up the app. The cost is very competitive compared the other event app.

Cons

It was missing a ticketing tool but they have just released it so next year I will take advantage of it to sell the conference ticket to my attendees and automatically grant the access to the event app.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Solid Comprehensive Platform with Areas for Improvement

Positive. I love how much it's grown and being invested in, in the times I've used it. I'm excited to see where it will be in a couple months as more features are rolled out.

Pros

The ability to manage the back stage, main stage, side sessions, chats, and interactive expo booths is a bug plus in a period where people are tired of webinars or virtual events masquerading as webinars. Hopin allows people to "discover" the same way they would at a physical event.

Cons

The lack of customizations in two areas — the front end, like how you choose to design your event homepage. It's limited and for a premium event it doesn't look as premium which is why I know users who will build custom LPs, use HeySummit, or Splash to manage the frontend experience and visuals while Hopin manages day-of. The second area is ad hoc email deployment. There are basic triggers but any additional communications requires a secondary platform (e.g., how to use the platform, or emails leading up to the event not just the one or two days before if it's a long reg. period).

Jorge A M.

Utilities, 5,001-10,000 employees

event management easy

Very good overall experience. It has more features than guidebook at lower price. It take some time to learn how to navigate during setting up and populating your event on app.

Pros

This tool allows you to easily create your event schedule and meeting details in one phone app. It also has a web version for those who do not wish to use phone app.

Cons

There is no printing feature to have your event program on paper although the idea is to avoid a paper program but sometimes you have a few attendees that will not have a phone. Inserting images could be better.

Thanks so much for your positive review, Jorge! We're so glad that our platform made things easier for you as an event organizer, and that it added value for your attendees. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help in the future :)

EF

Eugene F.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great Platform

Overall I'm very satisfied with Hopin and will use it again.

Pros

Hopin is really straightforward to use and has loads of great features. My team used it for the virtual networking which was a roulette-style video chat.

Cons

Some members of our group weren't thrilled to have to create a profile with Hopin to view the event; they would've rather just registered for the event.

Cori P.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

I love Attendify and so do my members!!

I found Attendify a few years ago and I love it! Our members love it as well and find it really easy to use. Seriously, such a great product.

Pros

This software is so user friendly and the cost fits within my tight budget!

Cons

I used to wish there were other features, but every time I turn around lately there are more and more which is actually a great thing because it gives me options!

Thanks so much for this awesome shout out, Cori! It's great to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and that your members love interacting with it. We're also thrilled to know that you find the work we've done on our new features valuable and useful - jeep an eye on our product roadmap to see what's coming next: https://attendify.com/company/roadmap All the best!!

NW

Nancy W.

Very simple to use!

I have used the app for a event and now the registration for a event. For a non profit events, it was a great experience for our first time. We definitely will use again.

Pros

Very easy to set up and update. Participants found it easy to use.

Cons

More reporting options. Use of a database function would be great added feature.

Hi Nancy, thanks for the positive feedback! It's awesome to hear that you've had great experiences with both our event app and registration products. If you'd like to reach out to our support team we'd love to help you maximize the use of the reporting options we currently have, and we'd be happy to submit any feedback to our developers on how we could improve it. Looking forward to partnering with you on future events!

Andrew H.

Used other for less than 6 months

An amazing app for conference interaction and content!

I recently used the app to attend the Empower to Connect conference and was greatly impressed with how well it brought the whole experience together!

Pros

There are several things that I love about using Attendify - interaction with other attendees and speakers in real time, availability of speaker presentations that can be downloadable, one place to see scheduling details of the conference, downloadable conference workbooks and other custom event resources are available though the app and links to social media.

Cons

No real negatives from my experience except perhaps how the app handles a live event across multiple time zones. If I recall correctly, all times are listed in the app in the time zone there the event is occurring. It would be nice if the app could adjust for the time zone you are presently in.

Hi Andrew! We really appreciate your thorough and meaningful review of our platform. If we have two primary focuses, it's that attendees would find it easy to access and navigate event content, and be empowered to connect with others by sharing their event experience - we're thrilled that you found both of these to be true. We also hear you on the difficulty of managing different time zones within the app - and we're always looking to improve on this function and will pass your feedback on to our team. Thanks again, and we hope to add value to your event experiences in the future!

Jessica D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great conference app!

Pros

We've used Attendify for our 1,000 person conference for the past 2 years. The set-up and dashboard are very user friendly. You're able to schedule posts and edit on the fly. They even copied over the event for year 2, so I didn't have to start from scratch.

Cons

My only complaint is that you cannot ask multiple choice questions. We did not realize it forced you to choose 1 until after the conference when we got complaints.

Thanks so much for your review and feedback, Jessica! We're so glad that partnering with us for those events has been such a positive experience, and hope to partner with you on more to come :) We'd also love to show you some creative ways to gather feedback from your attendees, aside from the basic polling feature. Get in touch with us any time at support@attendify.com!

RC

Ricardo C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Lack of features

Its nice I am looking forward to use it again

Pros

That's easy to use, friendly, is Available in the App stores, is private and secure.

Cons

Lack of features like posting videos, live videos, live polls, erase photos of the timeline, photo correction when you take a side photos, etc

We appreciate the review, Ricardo! We're glad you found the app easy to use! Happy to report that we can fulfill many of the features you are looking for - check out our help center for tutorials on how to post a video album and how to create interactive Polls to boost attendee engagement through the roof! Better yet, partner with your dedicated success manager or our always-ready support team if you want an in-depth overview. Our aim is to continue to come up with exciting and meaningful new features, and we truly value all of your suggestions. All the best!

TH

Tadeh H.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Using Hopin for conference events

Hopin was a smooth platform with a lot of good features. I enjoyed trying it out and would use it again.

Pros

I was using this service for conference streaming events. The platform contained all the live scheduled content. Presentations, breakout rooms, chat rooms and so on. I liked that it was so easy to move between different parts of the event seamlessly and it was easy to navigate. It is a new platform for me so the complexity felt low which helped me feel comfortable with using it.

Cons

Until I went from one section of the streaming event to another I wasn't sure what was going on anywhere. I had to jump from the live presentation to the breakout rooms. It would be nice to see some HUD level breakdown of what is live in different sections of the event so I can get a sense of the activity without jumping around.