Join.Me Reviews

Pros

It's a great product with excellent quality. I have saved time and money by utilizing this tool.

I like the overall ease of use, quality of screen share is almost always great. I like that it easily integrates with google calendar for meetings.

Tim E.

Join.me has been very helpful over the years for our company. It helps us communicate and resolves issues faster than we had in the past.

SW

Sarah W.

Cons

For some reason part of the stream was blocked by my pihole. It's either a bad entry on the blacklist or join.me is using a bad service to track something but it took time to troubleshoot this.

AT

Anh Tuan H.

Meeting quality is often terrible with lag, drop-offs, etc. The desktop app and plugin required fails miserably on windows and needs to be reinstalled at almost every meeting.

Aaron R.

They sent me a warning after the billing that I was going to be sent to collections. That was the first I heard from them about this issue.

JS

Joel S.

1,375 reviews

MO

Michael O.

President

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Join.me does just what it says

Transcript

Mchael O.: Hi, this is Michael I'm president of a company. I give Join.Me five stars. Click down below...

Join.Me used to be my go to for remote support

Transcript

Greg P.: Hi. My name is Greg. I'm a systems and network administrator. I would get Join.Me a 2 out of...

Conferences and meetings simplified

It covers all our remote working needs as we communicate easily as teams and discuss important developments in a simplified video or audio conferences. We have had no troubles as it is very secure and allows full control of conferences to secure data.

Pros

This software was easy to set up in our organisation as we just uploaded a file containing company log in credentials of everyone and everyone was able to log into the software using their company credentials. In usability, it is convenient because it is available on smart phones, tablets and laptops ensuring that we link up with each other no matter where we are. Anyone can initiate a meeting in the software and invite people to join using a simple memorable link. It also allows editing the background image of the meeting to suit the agenda. We are able to link up within our organisation and also with clients as the software is flexible and easy to use. The quality of both video and audio conferences is very high and it is possible to mute everyone at once as one of its features.

Cons

The whiteboard feature is difficult to use on smart phones to keep the team up to date on what someone is thinking. It needs further development.

Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Pros

I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Cons

The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

The good and the bad

Pros

This product is so easy to operate, as it can be launch from any web browser and the software is optional to be install. Hosting a weekly virtual meeting or joining a conference with this software is easy to do. I just need the code from the meeting host to be able to enter the meeting room and vise versa.

Cons

Join.Me lacks of manual guidance or video tutorial on how to using some of the feature correctly. This is very critical as not everyone is tech savvy and my client has many problem connecting to the video call and i had to guide them myself as there are no video tutorial that i can sent to them on how to operate the software.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's been okay, but their billing practices have continuously been offensive and unprofessional. Last year they charged me for annual service without forewarning. I didn't need that many licenses anymore. Even though I contacted them on the day I was notified of the charge, they refused a refund! I ended up having to do a chargeback for the licenses I did not want. That's obnoxious. They refused to...

Pros

It used to work well before other, better software came along. Now it's useful occasionally.

Cons

Clients had a difficult time getting into meetings. It was difficult to talk them through joining. Sometimes a username/password or registration was required, other times, not. Also, it asked for email addresses of attendees which I didn't like. They don't have a right to ask for my client's email, so I always found that kind of offensive. Since there was no tutorial showing what a client sees when they tried to join a meeting, there were times where the client would run into trouble and we weren't able to help, so we had to give up on using them for certain meetings.

Remote support and video conference

Pros

Join.me gives a great tools for video conference and the connection is really smooth thus making the video and audio quality better than other software.

Cons

There are some bugs with the audio. The mute button is not quickly responding when i click it, and have delayed of 3-5 second before it responding.

SO GOOOOOOD

It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons

The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

Join.Me used to be my go to for remote support

The overall experience with join.me used to be awesome, now that they've grown and updated the product it has become quite cumbersome to deal with if you ask me. They need to take it back to the basics and make it easy for brand new users that have no computer skills/knowledge so they can access remote support without having to take an hour on the phone .

Pros

I really liked how easy it was to get someone to allow me to remote onto their system. It was amazing until they started making that process way more complicated and filled with ads and other promotions.

Cons

I never used to have any complaints about them, until they changed the way people would use it for initiating a remote session. They now ask them to set up an account, use trials, and made it into a 1000 step process that used to be literally 3-4 steps and then you were done.

Good but not great

it's been an effective tool for us, but our prospects are often frustrated with how difficult it can be to join the call. There seem to be some performance issues 1-3 times a month as well.

Pros

Cons

call quality is often horrible. (yes, we checked our internet connection) Users also have a hard time joining the call with a link or code.

Join.me is great for team meetings and remote training

Excellent SaaS based collaboration platform, I was able to train a large number of customer teams on our product, save those trainings and then share them with the customers.

Pros

Join.me is a lightweight web based collaboration platform its easy to set up, use and get team members up to speed/trained on. Its also easy to get customers on the platform as well, especially when they might be behind a corporate firewall.

Cons

Sometimes the saved recording features has voice quality issues, but other than that its an excellent platform for meetings and collaboration

Do a Meeting with all

Despite the difficulties mentioned, the experience was good. It allowed me to save 16 hours a week of work, which I dedicated to training in small groups of 5. With Join.me i trained groups larger than 24 people and if anyone could not enter the training I scheduled him for another occasion. With these 16 additional hours I was able to perform a lot more and deliver group projects on time.

Pros

One of the coolest thing about Join.me is the ability to include a large group of people in a call. It allowed me to reach the entire writing team in a training call and share a screen with them to teach in detail. It is quite simple to use and its consumption of resources is not high.

Cons

Although one of the best features is the ability to include many people in a call, I think it also becomes a weakness. It presents connection problems, some workers entered the trainings and did not have sound or video. Some disconnected despite having a good connection.

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work...

Cons

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult...

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Pros

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Join.me is Simple and Reliable

It simply works for exactly what we need - so we stick with it. We've tried other software, and the ease of the UI with Join.me is what keeps us using it.

Pros

We've been using this software for many years now to assist in screen takeovers when we need to remote in to work on an employee's computer (updates and such). Simply, Join.me makes it super simple to "install" and get running within a minute. The UI is extremely friendly and basically does exactly what we need it to do (remote takeover) without any hassle.

Cons

Every once in awhile we have an issue where an employee has a problem installing it on a computer that already has issues. Obviously we're trying to fix the issues in the first place, so it's difficult to work with the employee over the phone to get it properly installed so you can continue on.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

Not bad, not great

Our company used Join.Me for less than a year but eventually we switched to other services that worked better for us. We felt join.me had some shortcomings when compared to other similar platforms.

Pros

Join.Me was a good tool for a while before we explored other options. It made screen sharing possible for us which was crucial to our business' success. Essentially, we would email over the Join.Me link and the customer would follow the link to ultimately be able to view our desktop screen. From there, we were able to remotely give a demonstration of our computer software. Once the customer was able to access the meeting, everything work smoothly.

Cons

In some cases, customers were not able to open the Join.Me link to access the meeting. There were many occasions where I needed to reschedule a demonstration because the customer was unable to follow the link to access my screen share. Granted we were only using the base model (at the time it may have been a free trial) so I am sure some of the functions would improve as we used upgraded packages but...

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros

Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons

I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons

1 – Your ad’s. I pay for your yearly service, not the free version. I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client. 2 – Voice over computer. This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc. When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”). 3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros

Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons

The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

The easy and fun way to team up

We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros

Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons

Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Easiest way to connect

Join.me is a great tool for all professionals who need an easy way to connect with users via screenshare. It is simple and straightforward. Highly recommended.

Pros

I’ve used join.me for years now, and it’s refreshingly easy to use. I like that people don’t need to have a join.me account in order to use the website to connect for live meetings. I’ll frequently need to connect with users in order to troubleshoot issues they’re having. They only need to enter a meeting code to join the meeting. Couldn’t be easier.

Cons

I wish there was a video option similar to zoom meetings, which I also use. That would take this product to the next level.

Remote meetings

It works very will with out the full cost like Cisco Webex. I don't have any issues with it.

Pros

I like that we can get up to 10 video feeds going at on time. That make it convenient for out size of company we can get all leaders on one meeting and not have to expose anyone to each other.

Cons

the white board is a little bit temperamental sometimes. Also there is differences between windows and mac layout and user interface that make end-user support interesting at times.

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros

I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons

1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback. 2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear. 3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users. Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation. In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Pros

This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it. It has solid basic control and features to get its job done. You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Cons

1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products. 2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client. 3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared. However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.

Overall it has been a great experience

Join.me has made joint effort feasible. Despite the fact that colleagues haven't been prepared to be inside a similar room, we've been prepared to get an equal measure of work done. We discovered this product moderately simple to utilize. it's numerous bundles with a spread of highlights. The adjustable foundations were fun and our gatherings ran easily.

Pros

I like that there's one stage for entering the gathering. Enter the gathering code, and that I am in. Downloading the product is moreover pretty facilitating. We thought that it was anything but difficult to utilize and enjoyable to play with. The gatherings went easily. In any case, we, at last, chose to go with a contender on account of cost issues. By and by, I may suggest this program for those that can bear the cost of it. The product is sweet and fair an incentive for the value.

Cons

I might want the product to require up less space for putting away. We weren't satisfied with the worth. Every client must compensation a month to month expense and along these lines the lesser bundles will in general be lacking, leaving just the costlier alternatives.

Great Online Meeting Software

I started using Join.me as a simple meeting system for working with remote staff. Quickly I fell in love with and started using it frequently in my daily meetings. I now use it to also train staff for using software and have even started using it to troubleshoot their computers remotely using the ability to control their mouse and keyboard once they have approved it. The software and service are rock solid, although they do depend on Internet connections. That said, I have only had an issue once over years of using their system. I cannot recommend them enough to other users.

Pros

- Excellent quality for screens (relies on Internet connection) - Allows for presenters to be switched - Meetings can be locked or open to the public easily - Offers vanity URLS to simplify joining meetings - Record online meetings - In-line chat, control users in meetings (mute, kick-out etc) - Allows meeting presenter to control other user's computers if they allow it

Cons

- Requires that the full software be installed prior to use if you are trying to control another user's computer (does not take long, but can be difficult for less technical users) - If Internet is unsteady the software becomes unusable