Join.Me Reviews

User ratings

4.4

1.5K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.1/10

See full reviews by rating

It's a great product with excellent quality. I have saved time and money by utilizing this tool.
I like the overall ease of use, quality of screen share is almost always great. I like that it easily integrates with google calendar for meetings.
Join.me has been very helpful over the years for our company. It helps us communicate and resolves issues faster than we had in the past.
For some reason part of the stream was blocked by my pihole. It's either a bad entry on the blacklist or join.me is using a bad service to track something but it took time to troubleshoot this.
Meeting quality is often terrible with lag, drop-offs, etc. The desktop app and plugin required fails miserably on windows and needs to be reinstalled at almost every meeting.
They sent me a warning after the billing that I was going to be sent to collections. That was the first I heard from them about this issue.

1,541 reviews

MO

Michael O.

President

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Join.me does just what it says

Transcript

Mchael O.: Hi, this is Michael I'm president of a company. I give Join.Me five stars. Click down below...

Greg P.

Systems and Network Administrator

Construction, 11-50 employees

Join.Me used to be my go to for remote support

Transcript

Greg P.: Hi. My name is Greg. I'm a systems and network administrator. I would get Join.Me a 2 out of...

Dayna T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Join.me has become so much more than a just another chat app

My overall experience with Join.me is very satisfying. Join.me provides all of my personal and professional video conferencing needs thus far.

Pros

The pros about Join.me's free account are having the ability to host up to 10 participants, chat with a group or one-on-one, screen and file sharing, The paid subscriptions include hosting up to 250 participants, the ability to change presenters, URL customization, a telephone conference line, screenshots, and the ability to schedule meetings.

Cons

I have been using Join.me for the last 8 year, and I haven't encountered any cons yet.

MM

Melinda M.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Join.me review

My experience with join.me is overall good, very easy to use.

Pros

The product is easy to use, doesn't lag very often, and saves alot of time.

Cons

I didn't find anything i didnt really like some programs we dont use.

Vanessa W.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Working remotely is easy with Join.me

I find it very easy to use and especially its registration. It has allowed me to have a successful job in my company and has met all my job expectations. In addition, this tool has great performance capabilities, which means that at no time will the platform become slow or congested.

Pros

Join.me has integrated very well into my work because it has helped me to hold videoconferences, audioconferences and has even allowed me to share the screen, which is very useful for our work team since it facilitates its realization and does it in a professional way.

Cons

I find this tool incredible since it does its job correctly and without any inconvenience, its use is very easy and very useful in the workplace since it allows you to carry out various actions that are necessary for the company, so I have nothing wrong or unpleasant what to say about Join.me.

MG

Mohrez G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Like easist rbotusm and high technologie Secure with prospects for all

Easy in terms of traffic, it also brings many dealers in terms of business.

Pros

I liked this program very much, as it is very user-friendly and often smoother with other programs.

Cons

This program has many advertising features, in addition to the lack of files defined with the rest of the programs.

Jacob Ira A.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great when other solutions fail

Pros

That it works without admin rights an can be installed by most users with little technical expertise. You send them to join.me and give them a code and it just works

Cons

That it costs. But we don't need any of the paid features. It is ONLY for emergencies

Thomas F.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Join.me is breaking out to be one of the best!

My overall experience has been incredible with any new software platform you migrate to they're always going to be some small issues but so far I'm extremely happy without everything is working

Pros

I just love the integration of so many third-party applications, the ability to use single sign on and also have 2fa securely built in is exactly what any company needs right now.

Cons

It wasn't the simplest program to use with the amount of features and functions it had there were times it could be difficult finding out how to access something.

Isabel Z.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Join meetings easily.

It has a lot of features that are very important when meeting virtually such as; screen sharing, breakout rooms, In-session chat and drawing tools which make the meetings feel like real-time.

Pros

Does not require downloads to join a meeting.It suppresses background noise so there is no interruption during the meeting.It allows screen sharing during meetings.

Cons

It serves its purpose very well so there is nothing to dislike about it.

AS

Anibal S.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Join.me: Un reemplazo sobre las demas aplicaciones

Pros

Es un software dedicado a hacer negocios y ayuda mucho a el usuario

Cons

No es muy actualizado en su versión movil pero es aceptable

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Abigail G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to setup and use but not sure if I would purchase

Pros

I only use Join.Me if a client is not familiar with Zoom or they prefer to use Join.Me. While it has grown in it's capabilities and interface, it's still not quite on par with Zoom. However, the customer service is excellent

Cons

It is not as trusted in the business world as Zoom. I cannot speak to its security system, but most SMBs use Zoom as their trusted software for screen sharing, video/audio calls, etc.

GB

Griffin B.

Gambling & Casinos, 5,001-10,000 employees

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work...

Cons

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult...

FAIBREY D.

Farming, 5,001-10,000 employees

Conferences and meetings simplified

It covers all our remote working needs as we communicate easily as teams and discuss important developments in a simplified video or audio conferences. We have had no troubles as it is very secure and allows full control of conferences to secure data.

Pros

This software was easy to set up in our organisation as we just uploaded a file containing company log in credentials of everyone and everyone was able to log into the software using their company credentials. In usability, it is convenient because it is available on smart phones, tablets and laptops ensuring that we link up with each other no matter where we are. Anyone can initiate a meeting in the software and invite people to join using a simple memorable link. It also allows editing the background image of the meeting to suit the agenda. We are able to link up within our organisation and also with clients as the software is flexible and easy to use. The quality of both video and audio conferences is very high and it is possible to mute everyone at once as one of its features.

Cons

The whiteboard feature is difficult to use on smart phones to keep the team up to date on what someone is thinking. It needs further development.

MH

Morgan H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Pros

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Tony B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Pros

I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Cons

The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

JM

Jeff M.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Join.me is Simple and Reliable

It simply works for exactly what we need - so we stick with it. We've tried other software, and the ease of the UI with Join.me is what keeps us using it.

Pros

We've been using this software for many years now to assist in screen takeovers when we need to remote in to work on an employee's computer (updates and such). Simply, Join.me makes it super simple to "install" and get running within a minute. The UI is extremely friendly and basically does exactly what we need it to do (remote takeover) without any hassle.

Cons

Every once in awhile we have an issue where an employee has a problem installing it on a computer that already has issues. Obviously we're trying to fix the issues in the first place, so it's difficult to work with the employee over the phone to get it properly installed so you can continue on.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Easy to use conference and screen share software

I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

CW

Courtney W.

Design, 11-50 employees

Video Conference Made Easy!

We were having trouble finding the most efficient and effective way for our team to connect and host meetings with clients. Join.Me has solved all of those problems.

Pros

This platform is so simple to use, train on and connect with. Our team has never run into issues with it and are able to use it even with clients and customers who are not as "tech savvy" as some. In the world of virtual meetings and remote work, Join.Me is a game changer.

Cons

We had some issues integrating initially, but the customer service team was able to step in and help quickly.

TR

Tom R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Not bad, not great

Our company used Join.Me for less than a year but eventually we switched to other services that worked better for us. We felt join.me had some shortcomings when compared to other similar platforms.

Pros

Join.Me was a good tool for a while before we explored other options. It made screen sharing possible for us which was crucial to our business' success. Essentially, we would email over the Join.Me link and the customer would follow the link to ultimately be able to view our desktop screen. From there, we were able to remotely give a demonstration of our computer software. Once the customer was able to access the meeting, everything work smoothly.

Cons

In some cases, customers were not able to open the Join.Me link to access the meeting. There were many occasions where I needed to reschedule a demonstration because the customer was unable to follow the link to access my screen share. Granted we were only using the base model (at the time it may have been a free trial) so I am sure some of the functions would improve as we used upgraded packages but...

HH

Heath H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros

Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons

I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

CS

Craig S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons

1 – Your ad’s. I pay for your yearly service, not the free version. I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client. 2 – Voice over computer. This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc. When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”). 3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

Richard M.

Printing, 51-200 employees

SO GOOOOOOD

It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons

The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

SZ

Sheila Z.

Graphic Design, self-employed

You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros

Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons

The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

The easy and fun way to team up

We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros

Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons

Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

KB

Kathy B.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Join in for Join.Me!

On multiple occasions we were able to deal with a huge number of video files obtained from competitors or others who were providing research materials. Six of us were able to work on the files together, get our projects done and remain in real time touch with each other's progress, which was a huge help against a deadline!

Pros

What I liked best was the simplicity of use, unlike similar programs that required too many moving parts. Join.Me was ease of use at its best, so even a newbie can host a video conference call with great confidence. The minimal set up needed is why I recommended it to a colleague at a magazine who is not tech-savvy, she needed something that was not complex to use and that gives great results. Join.Me was the perfect choice.

Cons

While there is nothing that I 'like least,' in my experience we can go up to 10 users but looking forward, the ability to loop in additional users beyond that number might be useful. I do not like Zoom for a variety of reasons but it can sustain more users (However I do not like the look of dozens of users appearing like pixelated boxes. I would like Join.Me to up its user interface to perhaps 20 at most!)

Shahirah L.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

The good and the bad

Pros

This product is so easy to operate, as it can be launch from any web browser and the software is optional to be install. Hosting a weekly virtual meeting or joining a conference with this software is easy to do. I just need the code from the meeting host to be able to enter the meeting room and vise versa.

Cons

Join.Me lacks of manual guidance or video tutorial on how to using some of the feature correctly. This is very critical as not everyone is tech savvy and my client has many problem connecting to the video call and i had to guide them myself as there are no video tutorial that i can sent to them on how to operate the software.

Nancy O.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros

I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons

1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback. 2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear. 3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar