Join.me Reviews

Join.me

Online conferencing and meeting tool

Join.me

Review Summary

Pros

So easy to use; works great every time. It's great to have a program where you can share your screen.

Patricia H.

It is a very good app with a really great idea where you can join a meeting on the Street, and invite people to join from there browser by sending a link.

Khalil A.

Used to be amazing and our go-to. Since the pricing structure change, it is very limited software priced commensurate with much better and robust solutions.

Chris P.

Cons

Unfortunately, this is not the developer's fault, but the software is rarely adopted in our sector to where it is obsolete and wasting space in the hard drive.

Kevin I.

Meeting quality is often terrible with lag, drop-offs, etc. The desktop app and plugin required fails miserably on windows and needs to be reinstalled at almost every meeting.

Aaron R.

The only downside is it can be a little hard to explain to the other user who has never used it before when you are trying to get them to install what they need to in order to use it with you.

Sadye M.

1,285 reviews

Conferences and meetings simplified

It covers all our remote working needs as we communicate easily as teams and discuss important developments in a simplified video or audio conferences. We have had no troubles as it is very secure and allows full control of conferences to secure data.

Pros

This software was easy to set up in our organisation as we just uploaded a file containing company log in credentials of everyone and everyone was able to log into the software using their company credentials. In usability, it is convenient because it is available on smart phones, tablets and laptops ensuring that we link up with each other no matter where we are. Anyone can initiate a meeting in the software and invite people to join using a simple memorable link. It also allows editing the background image of the meeting to suit the agenda. We are able to link up within our organisation and also with clients as the software is flexible and easy to use. The quality of both video and audio conferences is very high and it is possible to mute everyone at once as one of its features.

Cons

The whiteboard feature is difficult to use on smart phones to keep the team up to date on what someone is thinking. It needs further development.

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work...

Cons

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult...

Easy to Use

I've been impressed by the amount of features Join.me has but its comparison to other webinar software products is impressive. I prefer it over Zoom because it is always clear when we have a screen share. It's also easy for people to join on the calls and video. We have plenty of numbers for people to use or they can call in through the web if they are located in another country. We've rarely had disconnection...

Pros

Easy to use Use telephone or web call Works with people in other countries Has video and screen share Can pass presenter easily Stays connected, rarely boots off Has way more storage space than other options

Cons

Is a bit clunky Need time to figure it out Not intuitive to use Not automatic video Not as many options as other platforms

Affordable, but lacking

I used it for several years, but it simply didn't meet my company's needs any longer. We needed something more reliable that wouldn't cut out.

Pros

I enjoyed the login screen and the ability to stay logged in. I also enjoyed having a regular meeting invite that I could duplicate and use. You do not have to have join.me downloaded in order to join a meeting which is SO nice.

Cons

The sound quality is not the greatest with join.me. It also requires you to have join.me downloaded if you want to present your screen.

Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Pros

I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Cons

The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

Good but not great

it's been an effective tool for us, but our prospects are often frustrated with how difficult it can be to join the call. There seem to be some performance issues 1-3 times a month as well.

Pros

I like the overall ease of use, quality of screen share is almost always great. I like that it easily integrates with google calendar for meetings.

Cons

call quality is often horrible. (yes, we checked our internet connection) Users also have a hard time joining the call with a link or code.

This is making all the difference during the current pandemic and my success

Wow, in my life this product was a game changer when i was working on setting up new software at my previous job. This allowed me to see what the computer programmer was telling me and allowed us to both make changes with full understanding. Today this just keeps all my side businesses running with a program that is easy to invite even the computer illiterate to join.me.

Pros

I love that I can ask anyone to join.me and we can connect while we are are required to social distance. The human nature needs community and being able to help others during this time is where my heart is. I like that i can customize what my invites see such as my name and photo. I also like that they offer you a 14 day FREE trial.

Cons

I wish the cost for the full version was advertised upfront just to give me something to plan for. I have been using this program for years.. Like probably 5-10 years... I lose track because I have been self employed for 4 year but my previous job I had since 2005 used this during computer programming sessions. Back then the more users .invites the more the software lagged....

Join.me is great for team meetings and remote training

Excellent SaaS based collaboration platform, I was able to train a large number of customer teams on our product, save those trainings and then share them with the customers.

Pros

Join.me is a lightweight web based collaboration platform its easy to set up, use and get team members up to speed/trained on. Its also easy to get customers on the platform as well, especially when they might be behind a corporate firewall.

Cons

Sometimes the saved recording features has voice quality issues, but other than that its an excellent platform for meetings and collaboration

Fairly reliable solution with fair pricing

It's provided a reliable platform for us to use for web conferences internally and with our clients that we can provide recordings for.

Pros

They offer an affordable annual license fee, and a personalized URL. The platform offers a conference line and recordings, as well as screen shares and video conferencing.

Cons

The quality of audio can be iffy, also it's confusing to clients to use sometimes. Video conferencing just shows people's faces in little bubbles instead of large.

Basic but must be a bit tech savvy

Pros

Quick to access and you can use it via a browser which is nice. Has a fee trial and doesn't really have a lot of features so it is a great basic tool.

Cons

Even when using it in a browser it has to install a service on your computer which can be hard to explain to someone who isn't tech savvy as sometimes the option to install the service doesn't just pop up on it's own. It also doesn't have as many features as a lot of the other screen share programs available.

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Pros

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros

Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons

I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons

1 – Your ad’s. I pay for your yearly service, not the free version. I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client. 2 – Voice over computer. This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc. When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”). 3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

SO GOOOOOOD

It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons

The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros

Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons

The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

The easy and fun way to team up

We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros

Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons

Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros

I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons

1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback. 2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear. 3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users. Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation. In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Pros

This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it. It has solid basic control and features to get its job done. You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Cons

1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products. 2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client. 3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared. However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.

Easiest way to connect

Join.me is a great tool for all professionals who need an easy way to connect with users via screenshare. It is simple and straightforward. Highly recommended.

Pros

I’ve used join.me for years now, and it’s refreshingly easy to use. I like that people don’t need to have a join.me account in order to use the website to connect for live meetings. I’ll frequently need to connect with users in order to troubleshoot issues they’re having. They only need to enter a meeting code to join the meeting. Couldn’t be easier.

Cons

I wish there was a video option similar to zoom meetings, which I also use. That would take this product to the next level.

Remote meetings

It works very will with out the full cost like Cisco Webex. I don't have any issues with it.

Pros

I like that we can get up to 10 video feeds going at on time. That make it convenient for out size of company we can get all leaders on one meeting and not have to expose anyone to each other.

Cons

the white board is a little bit temperamental sometimes. Also there is differences between windows and mac layout and user interface that make end-user support interesting at times.

Great Online Meeting Software

I started using Join.me as a simple meeting system for working with remote staff. Quickly I fell in love with and started using it frequently in my daily meetings. I now use it to also train staff for using software and have even started using it to troubleshoot their computers remotely using the ability to control their mouse and keyboard once they have approved it. The software and service are rock solid, although they do depend on Internet connections. That said, I have only had an issue once over years of using their system. I cannot recommend them enough to other users.

Pros

- Excellent quality for screens (relies on Internet connection) - Allows for presenters to be switched - Meetings can be locked or open to the public easily - Offers vanity URLS to simplify joining meetings - Record online meetings - In-line chat, control users in meetings (mute, kick-out etc) - Allows meeting presenter to control other user's computers if they allow it

Cons

- Requires that the full software be installed prior to use if you are trying to control another user's computer (does not take long, but can be difficult for less technical users) - If Internet is unsteady the software becomes unusable

Simple and Effective Presentations

Join Me makes it extremely easy to perform impromptu training sessions and provide support by quickly sharing screens.

Pros

I've used join.me for over 5 years and really enjoy how easy it is to start an online meeting. It is very simple to either send a participant a link, or tell them to visit join.me and enter in a code. I love that I can have a pre-defined code and not have to use a set of numbers.

Cons

join.me make is very easy to start a meeting and passing presenter control to a participant, however in order for the participant to share their screen they need to download the app. This is confusing to my non technical audience. I'd like the ability for participant to share their screens either without having to download the app, or require the app to join the meeting. Additionally, users have been confused when they visit join.me, sometimes it asks them to create an account.

Overall it has been a great experience

Join.me has made joint effort feasible. Despite the fact that colleagues haven't been prepared to be inside a similar room, we've been prepared to get an equal measure of work done. We discovered this product moderately simple to utilize. it's numerous bundles with a spread of highlights. The adjustable foundations were fun and our gatherings ran easily.

Pros

I like that there's one stage for entering the gathering. Enter the gathering code, and that I am in. Downloading the product is moreover pretty facilitating. We thought that it was anything but difficult to utilize and enjoyable to play with. The gatherings went easily. In any case, we, at last, chose to go with a contender on account of cost issues. By and by, I may suggest this program for those that can bear the cost of it. The product is sweet and fair an incentive for the value.

Cons

I might want the product to require up less space for putting away. We weren't satisfied with the worth. Every client must compensation a month to month expense and along these lines the lesser bundles will in general be lacking, leaving just the costlier alternatives.

JoinMe, the ideal solution to manage online meetings and video conferences.

Join Me, is a tool that provides a lot of benefits to its users, stressing that it is an ideal communication tool to manage online meetings and video conferences in high definition. In addition, Join Me is a totally free application, which makes it quite attractive, due to the great profitability it gives to those who wish to use such a wonderful tool. Join Me offers the possibility to chat and perform file transfers, as well as pause the video conferences and resume them at any time you want.

Pros

What I like most about Join Me, is that users can hold online meetings and video conferences in real time, achieving totally effective communication thanks to the excellent audio and video quality it offers. Join Me also provides a convenient and intuitive interface, which allows it to be used as simple, fast and totally safe.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Join Me is that on certain occasions, when there are many online participants simultaneously, video conferencing tends to get slow, their audio and video quality decreases by significantly interrupting communication between the Users. Similarly, Join Me does not have audio support.