Mailchimp Transactional Email Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

Reviews by rating

I love how Mailchimp is so easy to use. The custom emails you can write along with how you can track who opens your emails and the percentages of how many times they open it is great.
Overall my experience has been pleasant and supportive for the non profit I work for. We will continue to use this company because they are always updating and making things better for its users.
Totally recommend this set up, and it has the the facilities to set up everything pretty easily. The API documentation is robust, and their service uptime is great, it does what is advertised.
Setting up the API key when your webhost is Godaddy is difficult. But I think it's more of an issue with the webhost and my personal lack of education with technology.
First of all I need to login in Mailchimp account to access Mandrill which is very irritating and secondly there pricing is very high.
Some times it goes wrong gmail box / offers, and customer cant find those emails.

Mike D.

Principal

Internet, self-employed

Very easy mail management for developers

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Mike and I'm an open source evangelist in the web design industry and I give...

Ashton B.

Implementation

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Highly Useful, and Easy to Set Up

Transcript

Ashton B.: My name is Ashton. I am a implementation manager in the auto space, and I give MailChimp transactional...

Soham A.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

One of the most efficient CRM for mailing!

What is not to like about this software. All the way from creating highly customizable emails to having versatility with viewing and analyzing customer bases, Mailchimp is one of the best on the market right now.

Pros

Seemless integrations with websites and marketing flows. The sleek design and functionality makes it possible to link websites and this CRM. Integrations with zapier and mailchimp can do wonders.

Cons

The price tier is a little on the higher end, and for obtaining some features, the user has to pay large amounts. The pricing plan could be more flexible.

Julia D.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Mailchimp for business

We can send email campaigns in real time or scheduled and we can divide these campaigns based on criterias. It lets us measure how interested people are based on the reports of previous campaigns.

Pros

I’ve used a lot of similar services, but Mailchimp is the best when it comes to interface and user-friendliness. There is a free plan up to 2000 subscribers if you wanna try it. You can do some A/B before actually sending emails. You get statistical reports about how many of your emails have been opened.

Cons

It does not have an integrated CRM system, nor is it prepared to help you channel your sales. You can use other programs for it, but that means you are using more programs and paying more.

KH

Kato H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great for email marketing

I use the Mailchimp for email marketing and sending promotional mail campaigns to our contact list

Pros

Mailchimp has good email templates that you can customize and create a professional email that can easily convert, you can add extra CSS to make it more beautiful depending on your needs

Cons

Customer support is only available when you are on paid plan, so if you run into errors and you are on free version, you are likely not to be helped out except when you access the community

Fund-Raising, 201-500 employees

Awful, awful

I am no longer using Mailchimp and would not recommend it to anyone.

Pros

It was free. It did get most emails to our subscribers. It did allow for the insertion of graphics into our emails.

Cons

ZERO customer service. None whatsoever. Some functions were easy to figure out, but not all and, when there was a problem, there was no way to get help to resolve it.

Miguel F.

Retail, 11-50 employees

How i contact my clients

Has been the solution for the company i work at and has been successful every time.

Pros

The ability to send thousands of e-mails in one go to every client, sending out new updates, discounts and promotions.

Cons

The export method brakes everything into a bad format that cant be easily sorted through excel.

DG

Disha G.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Mailchimp Review

Pros

Some of the best features of this application are:1. The Marketing CRM tool that helps you personalize and customize the campaigns according to your customer segment and needs. 2. Create your content with the existing templates and you can also customize your own templates. 3. Making the right decisions using reporting and analytics, dashboards etc. Having data points to drive decisions with MailChimp.

Cons

A few things that could be improved is the use of third-party software which takes a long time to use and set up. The free plan has a fewer number of customers and emails that we can share as well.

NV

Natalie V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A great system for your organization!

Wonderful!

Pros

I love how there are ready-made templates. They make it easy to share information in a timely way.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot schedule send items unless you have a paid membership. For a nonprofit our size, it's hard to pay the cost, so we have to get create or change the time we send items out.

CR

Chelsea R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

If you have simple needs this works very well!

I haven't had any major issues. It works well. The emails look nice, and it integrates with a million things.

Pros

It has a lot of capability and, at this time, is growing with our organization! I like that I can do more as needed.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little convoluted in how to get to some of the features. I have to google or jump through a lot of hoops to figure out how to get to certain features but overall is pretty straightforward.

Manuel A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good E-Mail marketing software but not for Team work

For all together, to use the software for small teams like on user or low IT-Administration rights it´s okey, to work with it and so the software is really great in it´s cases.

Pros

The Software is really easy to setup and to use with a modern interface.

Cons

If you work with a team, the Software needs higher pricing and this is okey, but the higher pricing comes not with flexibel administration. That means you need a much higher pricing for setting up a team to use mailchimp and tha´s not perfect.

Raghu V.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

One tool that manage all the Campaigns.

It's a great Experience so I can make my things and workflow easier as well as non complex. Can't imagine my work without mailchimp

Pros

This tool was so crazy and make the things easier. I can create a lot of followers and subcategories using mailchimp

Cons

The higher pricing should be little lower and then it too put some offers for the regular buyers. Other than that everything looks great

CE

Christine E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Keeping in touch with MailChimp

We use MailChimp for our monthly newsletter (moved to MailChimp from a yearly printed letter) and occasional updates to our full support base. It has allowed us to get information out in a brand-conscious, nicely formatted fashion. We only use it for mass emails, it does not solve acknowledgement processing other one-constituent email transactions.

Pros

Simple yet fairly powerful editing tools for email building (drag and drop blocks) but still have the ability to tweak some HTML if needed (Some occasional glitches when adding images to text blocks.) Mostly consistent look across email clients (gmail can cause issues). Decent analytical information on opens, click rate, and other activity. AB testing support (although we have not used it.) Integration with CRM system (currently using NEON), although unsubscribes and bounces are not returned to CRM. Freemium plan was well worth it! We've been paid customers for several years now and find the price a little high as we gain users (small nonprofit), but still within budget. Ability to schedule emails helps (for those of us who work late at night but don't want to send a blast at midnight!)

Cons

Need more free templates or better ability to make changes to templates. Some limitations on layout design options. Emails go to "Promotions" folder, particularly for gmail users (although hard to avoid), so cannot guarantee receipt. Recent changes to interface have taken lots of time to get used to and do not seem to be an improvement.

rw

rendy w.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reliable Transactional email Provider

I'm really satisfied using mandrill as my provider

Pros

Mandrill is a reliable transactional email provider, I've been using this provider for over 1 year and so far I don't have any problem with that. They also provide complete API documentation so we can easily connect to our project

Cons

The cost for email is quite high compared to their competitor. But I choose Mandrill because I think they are more reliable than the competitor

Juan Pablo B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Mailchimp a flexible email marketing platform

I am very satisfy with the use of MC. Of course could have some more fancy features, but OK with what you have now.

Pros

Mailchimp is easy to start using it from the beginning and has a lot of tutorials that are very well explained in case there are some features you lack experience. I also like there email collecting feature and WP plugin

Cons

There are some features you can not use properly like autoresponders or the average credit system for delivering emails.

Dan O.

Cost effective transactional email

Pros

A transactional email server is setup within minutes and available for you to send out content to your distribution list. The application provides - Graphs to show how many emails you're sending each day - What countries your sending the emails to - Open rates - Mail clients used (useful to optimise content) - Spam rates/unsubscribe rates - Great delivery rates Very cost effective.

Cons

A couple of years ago, Mandrill made it a requirement for you to have a Mailchimp subscription in order to use Mandrill. It would have been better in my opinion to keep the two applications independent, just like Sendgrid. Whilst it doesn't make the cost materially more expensive, it does mean that you have to log into Mandrill via Mailchimp which is annoying.

Dylan E.

Perfect client for managing and sending transactional emails

It allows us to maintain perfect email delivery for all our companies' transactional emails and easily troubleshoot instances where emails were not delivered.

Pros

This application is an addon of MailChimp and is best suited for transactional emails (automated emails, think 'forgot my password' type emails). It allows you to easily manage your sending domains , although you have to verify these before you can send emails. The best feature by far is the ability to view all emails that were sent or failed to arrive, including the contents of the emails and the reason it bounced. This allows us to quickly troubleshoot whenever we get a support ticket regarding an email that did not arrive. During our 6 months of using this feature, there has been zero downtime.

Cons

It is more expensive than some competitors, but its pricing model is very fair and easy to interpret. It does require you to have at least a monthly subscription with Mailchimp, and if you are not using this it is more expensive.

Gedson S.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reliable transactional email

We're using Mandrill for all our transactional email needs, as and endpoint in our API concentrator. It's proven to be very robust and reliable over the years.

Pros

Mandrill (now interated inside Mailchimp) has been a solid and reliable transactional email provider, with great delivery rates, very slow spam scores and ultra-fast reception speed. It provides useful and flexible reports and great dashboards too.

Cons

In order to keep it's spam reputation high it takes some effort to set up a new email domain in Mandrill. You have to prove you own the DNS and configure a SPF/DKIM record.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great for small businesses

Overall I was able to manage and track all email marketing activities in one place but was disappointed in the landing pages

Pros

The software is very affordable and great for email marketing for small businesses. Dashboards and automation are very helpful.

Cons

I found that there weren’t a lot of out-of-the-box landing page templates to choose from. The ones that were available were specific to e-commerce and b2c businesses.

MR

Monisha R.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Checks and balances to make sure automatically generated emails run properly

Great safeguard to make sure customers are interacting with outreach and troubleshoot problems that arise.

Pros

As a SaaS company, we have customers that use our product and depend on automated emails to get information about their account on a daily or weekly basis. Mailchimp allows us to quickly flag whenever something has gone wrong in our system due to abnormal spikes / lapses in emails sent. It also allows our Customer facing team to see how clients are interacting with automated emails (opens, clicks, etc.) with the helpful ability to resend emails that were missed or accidentally deleted.

Cons

The interface can be laggy to load, and not super intuitive how everything is laid out. Overall minor UX improvements could make a big difference between using this tool occasionally to troubleshoot issues, vs. using it more regularly to get proactive insights and reporting.

XM

Xavier M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

My favorite tool of email marketing

I use mailchimp for years, and to me is the best option. Good statistics, good delivery and easy to use in the most of times.

Pros

I send mails everyday. I love the option to write in "text-plane" and schedule the email for later. I love the mail test, because I can send to my team and have feedback previous to deliver to suscribers.

Cons

Maybe the price. Is little expensive versus other options. And the automation is not intuitive. Is complicated create a funnel.

Ricardo A.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mailchimp can help you with all your email needs

We have emails going out regularly and flawlessly, it updates constantly and adds new features which help you in your email marketing needs.

Pros

It can handle automatic workflows, integration with eCommerce, the analytics, helps you with templates and email design, everything.

Cons

It kind of hides you the users that are unsubscribed and are low value to you... While still charging you for them, to me it seems rather fishy tactic.

NG

Nina G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use. Good basic email solution.

Overall a good experience. Easy to use and easy to set up. Easy to add on users.

Pros

Easy to import contacts. Easy to schedule emails to send out. Can customize emails easily and add buttons, photos, videos, very seamlessly. Easy to see stats after sending out emails and heat map of where people clicked.

Cons

Was unable to add sign up form directly from mailchimp onto my website. Had to use hubspot as a work around to get new email sign ups. Initially challenging to find everything but once you are familiar its very easy to navigate, copy emails, edit, and send out quickly.

Jose F. G.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

An alternative to Sendgrid that works as expected

This is a straightforward, plug and play alternative that opens up the option to connect with a more marketing/campaign oriented Mailchimp service. I like that it's exactly what you'd expect as a developer when looking for transactional email services.

Pros

It's very powerful and as simple to use as its alternatives. Integrations make it very powerful and the pricing is fair. This is a no brainer alternative or first choice when looking for transactional email service.

Cons

There's not many improvement opportunities to talk about in transactional email. When it works it works, and Mandrill works as expected.

EM

Elizabeth Michelle O.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The importance of Using Mailchimp to send bulk emails

As we use MailChimp, we are solving the problem of sending bulk emails to subscribers that are less personalized when done in normal emailing. The software also helps to ensure that the communication is neat by use of templates.

Pros

1.I like the way I am able to view a full report of the people that have opened the email and those that haven't. This helps me plan for other ways to communicate in case the open rate is low. 2. I like the templates provided in variety that helps me structure my communication in a simple and effective way. 3. I like contend Studios as it helps me get creative with my communication by adding in the GIF and photos.

Cons

The email inbox of Mailchimp is something I don't understand much.

Rebekah L.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and a great platform for all of your marketing needs

Helps us to keep in contact with our customers and leads!

Pros

One of the great features is there are so many templates to choose from which save a great amount of time!

Cons

Nothing at this time. It is more on the expensive side but works great.

Md Jahan M.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

"MailChimp" is a wonderful email marketing software

Pros

Mailchimp is the most user-friendly email marketing tool.  I've used Mailchimp extensively for email marketing campaigns. By the MailChimp, Able to send bulk emails to targeted leads.  Emails may be readily edited and scheduled on a regular basis. Also, It is simple to understand how to send email campaigns to typical clients and how to keep in touch with them. It's got a fantastic user interface.

Cons

Didn't find any error, when I use it. But the subscription plans little bit higher than the others. It would be great to reduce the subscription fees.