mFax Logo

Cloud-based solution for streamlining fax operations

mFax Reviews - Page 2

CE

Charles E B.

truly no support

Good systrempoor supportleary of support knowledge

Pros

Easy to useApp availableOnline portal available

Cons

Found out they had issues with a few of the numbers they had provided us - worked with them AT& T and local reseller of lines in our rural area and they just kept needing and needing from the others (100 plus days) - and stated they could do nothing unless these were provided. THEIR NUMBERS AND THEY WANTED EVERYONE ELSE to find their problems...we ended our association with them immediately upon their pithy responses to the problem of theirs that noone locally in 17 years of being in the business had been asked to provide..

JK

Jeff K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Fax Client

Good platform and overall very usefull with pre-filled default cover pages that can be modified via placeholders to represent different areas of a business or different entities or companies working in one location or under one master company and helps by allowing customized cover sheets available for the company and the user; and that the user can set their default cover page. The email faxing works well as does the regular faxing via the portal and are nearly indistinguishable from a fax sent from a physical fax machine except the added clarity and quality of the document attached,

Pros

The Fax from email users for user's with an account is extremely useful as they only need to use the number with the customized email domain; and then you get a processing and completed/error report email sent back depending on if it succeeded or not. That allows users to keep track of sent faxes and their success without any additional effort. Capability to either invite users to directly setup their info and credentials or setup user accounts manually as admin and then provide the password or have them reset it afterwards. The optional Drive storage capability is super useful as well as the document/image converter for faxes that are on the user's fax home page.

Cons

The invite user doesn't allow the admin to specify their information until after the user activates the account; where as inviting the user to an account with their info already configured would be more useful as an administrator.

AB

Alex B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to use virtual faxing - tailored to actual users

We tried a number of virtual fax systems before selecting this one. The price package was perfect for a blend of heavy and light users and allowed us to offer faxing as an extra to our home office teams without worrying about large costs if they didn't use it much. It handled our 50+ page contracts to legal and healthcare customers with ease.

Pros

All the common settings can be built into user templates - ranging from cover sheets to default call display info. Adding and deleteing users is easy and you can assign North American (or toll-free) fax numbers to one or even to several users, so that it can work as a distribution group. Faxes can be archived for 12 mths, with admin access to check completed delivery and run reports on errors and fax delivery. The users have a choice of faxing by email for the low-tech end of the spectrum or using teh web portal for full customization.

Cons

The porting process was the usual pain point, since our previous carrier was not cooperative, but the Documo team were able to provide work arounds of forwarding toll-free numbers until the local numebrs were all resolved.

KM

Kevin M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

White Label fax service filled a need

We have about 25 business customers on board now, including a reseller of ours who now has his own reseller portal and can create his own accounts - but still under our master account. Yes, it gets complicated, but it works.

Pros

We deliver VoIP service to our customer base via public internet trunk connections - but faxing is not going to work consistently on VoIP. Until we signed up with mFax/Documo we were sending our phone customers to efax or other providers. Now we have a branded fax solution and we don't have to refer business to competitors. Support has been awesome!

Cons

It takes some getting used to, to understand the hierarchy of child accounts and how they are managed.

SA

Sam A.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

mFax Review

My overall experience with mFax has been positive. Our organization is using it to facilitate the communication to doctors office and other service providers.

Pros

I liked that there are several options to send a fax (Web portal, print driver, and email). I am also very happy with the customer support when we are having any type of technical issue.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the current software is not being able to send multiple documents using the print driver. That is a feature we had in our old system.

BH

Byron H.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Best Faxing Service!

Pros

The product is easy to configure, the UI is very user-friendly and the support has been 10x better than anything I have experienced with HelloFax which we were using before we changed to mFax. The best feature is the "Log In As" button that allows administrators to access a user profile and do troubleshooting without bothering the user.

Cons

So far I cannot state any con of this product. Everything about it has been a Pro so far!

BA

Brian A.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Very Good Product to Go From Traditional Fax to E-Fax

We are able to get rid of regular phone lines with a monthly charge and long-distance costs for an unlimited plan with several users. The cost savings for us are in the several hundred dollars for us, while value-adding features that traditional faxes do not have. I would love to do away with fax technology and have only secure scan/email, but change can be hard with some places! :)

Pros

I like the ability to get faxes to my e-mail.

Cons

Not being able to block spam fax numbers. The delay in getting fax bridges this year.

BJ

Blake J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

This software works very well!

Overall, it's been a very easy solution to manage. With the large amount of fax #'s, I need something that is easy to manage and navigate.

Pros

The integration of MFax with Skyetel integration was a very easy process. MFax allows you to easily use the Skyetel fax #'s within their interface. Training of our staff has been an easy process, and they have caught on to it very well.

Cons

For the most part, I am completely satisfied with the product.

KD

Karen D.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Efficient, Safe, and Easy to Use Fax Service

Please see above on likes.

Pros

What I appreciate most: it is reasonably-priced, easy to use, fast and efficient, HIPPA-compliant (they are able to provide a BAA if needed), allows me to easily meet the professional requirements I have for exchanging certain types of information for my business, without having to have a dedicated land-line and the bulk and mess of a fax machine. It's also easy to look up old faxes if needed for reference. I like how it alerts me when something arrives or is successfully sent via my forwarded email as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like, actually.

Marla G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Most Bang for Your Buck

I love mFax. They are always looking at innovative ways to improve their product and stay ahead of the game. They listen to their customers and have excellent customer service. They have managed to produce a product that serves a wide variety of consumers at a low cost point.

Pros

I have been with mfax for over 2 years. During this time I have had the pleasure of watching this company grow from an internet faxing service to a full scale business faxing company, servicing both small & large companies. I use mfax at least once monthly. My favorite feature of this software is the ability to fax documents via email. Customer service is excellent, responsive, and courteous. They send out email updates when new features are added. There are many bells and whistles that I do not use because I have no need for it, such as the ability to fax documents from other cloud drives. There is no other product on the market with this many features that you can get at their price point.

Cons

My only con is not being able to fax documents from my camera roll on my iPhone. I would really like for them to update this feature.

JF

Jason F.

Fantastic Saas and Support

We replaced a seperate vendor with mfax and immediately began to reap the benefits of that decision. In the healthcare industry, it is essential for us to have reliable and consistent performance with regard to incoming faxes from our providers. Not only do they have amazingly capable and rapid customer service that offers a live chat support feature, but since making the switch to them, we have reduced costs and improved our revenue directly from the incoming faxes.

Pros

The fact that the software retains partially received faxes and delivers them is crucial to our business.

Cons

Originally it had fewer features, but the platform continues to be improved and the previous issues I experienced have all been resolved or removed.

JK

Joan K.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Sylvan office

Have had a great experience as we had trouble porting my number from Teamlink and the help group at Mfax was great with helping me get the information that I needed to get my number finally set up and running. It took a few months but in the mean time I was able to have an alternate number that I could use for my needs until my original number got set up and then I was able to cancel the alternate number so I wasn't paying for 2 numbers. Overall it is very easy to use for sending and receiving faxes.

Pros

It is easy to use and can be done from anywhere

Cons

That the default is the USA when preparing to send a fax, I have to change the country to Canada every time I send a fax. As a Canadian I would like to have my country as the defualt rather than the USA so I don't always have to remember to change it to Canada. Other than that it is a great site.

KS

Ken S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

No nonsense workhorse

Solved reporting issues from the ‘field’ to keep track of written incoming requests, disbursements, and facilitate internal communications. Service questions, and even some ‘dumb’ questions were all dealt with in less than 5 minutes!

Pros

The ease of operation and clarity. For my very small operation I have found this to be not only the best value, but also the most intuitive package that I have used.

Cons

My issues with customizing my cover sheet. But I got it done ...

SC

Simone C.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Fantastic Software for Virtual Faxes

I need to get medical records fast so I can review them as quickly as possible. I don't even have to get up from my desk! My letters and authorizations are scanned in and I can easily send them through this virtual faxing system.

Pros

Fast, efficient, can personalize cover sheet, what's there not to love?

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. I wish there were an inexpensive home version I can use, I suppose...

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Faxing Made Easy

I compared many different faxing platforms before I selected mFax. We needed a flexible and dependable platform that was easy to use. Also, we needed to incorporate physical fax machines in some cases. mFax fit the bill for us and has fulfilled their promise of an excellent fax platform that works. Also, the continual addition of features has been a welcomed benefit.

Pros

What I like most about mFax is its ease of use. The interface is very friendly and I am able to navigate it with no trouble. Since it's so intuitive, I am able to get in to it and send/review faxes quickly.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of faxing in general as it's more difficult to deal with than an email is. That said, some communications demand fax.

mFax Has Saved me

was looking for a good fax platform to get all my clients that was easy to use and even that, the program need to be HIPPA Complaint and cost effective. I thinks I hit the lotto when I found this company.

Pros

- The most I have liked is the console management, the ease of use of the interface. The ease of management of multiple accounts and the excellent support.

Cons

- The error resolutions book is a lil bit tricky to get used to.

AB

Amanda B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use and Staff Helpful

Customer Service has been very helpful and respond quickly. They were nice in helping us set up our accounts and asking silly questions. The transition from efax was very simple

Pros

The online user interface is very user friendly. All of the icons and process is intuative and very easy to understand.

Cons

I do not really have any cons to report.

KJ

Kevin J.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Great product for a specialized niche

The FaxBlast feature allows me to quickly message a select group of customers at once. This has saved a tremendous amount of time with phone calls and visits to communicate with them.

Pros

All of my customer utilize their fax machine as a way to order and communicate. Using mFax has allowed us to place our advertising in front of our customers without interrupting their day. It also allows us to quickly send a message from our desktop to their fax machine without interrupting our workflow. I would highly recommend this product for ease of use.

Cons

This product is so easy to use the amount of faxes that were sent quickly piled up. Especially when using the FaxBlast feature. I would highly recommend counting your fax usage among the group and purchase the right package.

JJ

Jennifer J.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent, easy set-up and easy to use!

Pros

I like the ability to sent multiple faxes at a time, also love the drag and drop features.

Cons

None so far, everything seems to be good

KW

Katie W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Make your faxing life easier!

It's been crucial for managing my healthcare. Well worth the $9 a month.

Pros

I have been needing to manage and coordinate my own health care for the past year, faxing orders and test results from office to office, as the doctors I am working with do not communicate directly, and results are critically time-sensitive. Being able to do this without an actual fax machine has been crucial, and mfax is reliable and has made this challenging job doable.

Cons

Occasionally faxes will not go through, but this usually seems to be a problem on the receiving end.

MB

Michael B.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

health care office

overall the use of mFax has helped out our office, by streamlining the faxing process for the front desk and the nurses

Pros

the ability to import the faxes into the charts with out printing cut down on a lot of double work and seed the process up

Cons

i have not found an issue with the software yet

JC

Julie C.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

I recommend mFax

Very happy with mFax; I use it daily and highly recommend it.

Pros

I really like the ease of use, especially with resends.

Cons

Not as easy to personalize as paper faxes

JS

James S.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

The ease of use is top notch, our end users are very happy with this product.

Cons

Once we got through the end user training we haven't had an issue.

JP

Johnathan P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Software for the Legacy Fax Services

Being able to continue to still fax in this decade.

Pros

Simple interface and works as it is supposed to. Never had an issue.

Cons

No con with mFax, mostly still asking myself why I email to fax, just to have the other side fax to email. Why could they just accept my email, guess that is why I use mFax.

RH

Rachel H.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

simple

Pros

user interface is fairly simple to use, easy set up

Cons

porting process - finding scheduled ports and orders