Mixmax Logo

Email communication & sales productivity application

Mixmax Reviews - Page 2

SH

Sam H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great for Inside Sales Cadences

Pros

Overall, Mixmax is pretty awesome. The features we lean on most heavily are mail merge (especially using dynamic fields) and email cadencing. It's a pretty good amount of functionality for the price though.

Cons

There are some features that are left to be desired. It seems like they just need to spend more time understanding how people actually use their product.

MK

Molsy K.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

A perfectly tracked tool for leads and email marketing campaigns.

The MixMax dashboard allows us to track emails sent to contacts on a daily basis and tally customers who are interested in our communications, which helps us find opportunities and close more deals.

Pros

Using MixMax, we can study customer interactions with our email marketing campaigns. MixMax provides powerful options for tracking messages that have been sent to contact lists and enables us to get reports and dashboards that show us how many people have shown interest in our advertising campaigns that have been sent to them. which we can know our ability to reach, and we can thus set accurate expectations of the results. It is also good that we can classify incoming mail from customers and send appropriate responses to it. I love how we can include messages for calendar links to request appointments from clients, as well as the automation to display the weekly or monthly calendar, including appointments after they've been rescheduled.

Cons

I am facing some minor problems with MixMax, especially in scheduling appointments, where a defect may occur in coordinating joint appointments with other parties, which may require additional effort from us to reschedule.

LB

Leniece B.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Great product! A few tweaks can make it Great

Good!

Pros

Love the ease of use and that it’s embedded in gmail

Cons

1) when sending email via Mobile you lose all MixMax features/capabilities. Really huge gap 2) unlike Calendly, the calendar function double books since it doesn’t update your availability in real time e.g. if I send availability to a client for Nov 26th and they don’t read the email until above 28th (and that time gets filled in between it shouldn’t be possible to schedule. Calendly works beautifully...

Thanks for your review! Please let us know what CRMs you would like us to integrate with. You mention Salesforce and we have an integration with Pipedrive and Copper (which are both CRMs for smaller businesses). Feel free to visit success.mixmax.com for more information on these integrations. With regards to the calendar double booking, please make sure that you have the 'prevent double' booking' feature turned on. You can find more information here: https://success.mixmax.com/article/41-prevent-double-booking If you do have this option turned on, let us know. For mobile -will pass those on to our product group.

Laura C.

Consumer Services, self-employed

MixMax gives me my sanity and time back

I run my own coaching business. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without MixMax. I also love how they keep adding features. As my business grows, I know I can keep relying on MixMax to continue adding the functionality I needed, without being pushy or cheesy. I highly recommend to everyone I work with.

Pros

I love the calendaring features and reminders on emails. I completely eliminated any back and forth on scheduling meetings in my personal life and work for 90% of cases. I'm in a services business so I'm scheduling time weekly. I no longer have it on my mind to follow up with people with new times or dates. They can just schedule time at will in really easy to manage times on my calendar. Plus if I really did want to make sure they scheduled, I can just have MixMax remind me in a week to follow-up with them if they haven't responded yet. It frees my mind up SO MUCH.

Cons

I don't like that it has an advertisement on my website for the calendaring widget. I'm fine to endorse MixMax but it just doesn't fit my brand. It's also not the best UI for my clients. It's not super easy to navigate times on mobile past a certain point.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great tool for systemizing outbound sales process

It is great tool for systemazing outbound sales. It has all relevant integrations with CRM and the tool is data-driven. I hope there will be no more bugs in the system.

Pros

The most useful feature - sequences. It automates email sequences for potential clients, we have integration with Salesforce so we can do a lot of cool stuff. For example, we can create automation of tasks in our CRM that are triggered by not replied emails. Also, our email replies are automated using Mixmax templates that are synced with Gmaill, you can reply with a few clicks to frequently asked questions. Also, the tool is data driven, you can track everything - opens, reply rates from any sequence, template and so on. Mixmax just recently introduced a reporting feature which makes this software even more data-driven.

Cons

Customer support is only in USA, so it is not convenient when you are using this software in Europe. Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM. Also, we had problems with removing a contact from the sequence. When a person replied he was not always removed from the sequence which created awkward situations. For example, person replied and Mixmax didn't identified it, so follow-up email was sent to him. We created rules (a feature in Mixmax) and we solved this issue.

Mike F.

Sports, self-employed

Take your E-mail to the MAX! (MixMax Review)

I was an early adopter of Mixmax, and was able to speak directly with the founder via screen share and give feedback about my user experience. It says a lot about an organization when the head honcho is taking time out of their day to personally get data from their customers to improve their product.

Pros

I have pretty basic needs when it comes to emailing, but I do it often. Mixmax helps me stay on top on my many communications, allowing me to see who has opened (viewed) the emails I've sent, and how many times, which better enables me to navigate where things stand in the communication process. I can't tell you how many times that feature alone has saved my behind. I also utilize the templates, as I often need to send out messages with identical content. Templates save me time and energy.

Cons

Even with the privacy assurances, there is something a bit unnerving to click buttons to "Allow" an outside app complete control over your email communications. If I was sending any information I deemed even remotely sensitive, I might think twice about using this, or any outside service.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Promising - but needs work

Most of my email marketing activities are run through Mixmax. It is really economical because it doesn't have a cap or limit on number of contacts you can upload unlike most of it's competitors. But be warned, there are a few annoying bugs with the tool that you might consider before choosing to lock down on Mixmax.

Pros

Been using Mixmax for almost a year now. It is very economical given the whole slew of features it has got. My most used feature is the Sequence and the ease of putting out templates for the same. It's smooth and runs like a breeze from uploaing your CSV file to running targeted campaigns.

Cons

Although, it solves my primary requirement of scheduling drip campaigns using the Sequence feature, but it fails to give accurate results. In more than one occasion, I have found detail analytics to be not very accurate. Have also come across other bugs which has compromised my client relations at times. But there support team is very active would help you resolve these issues - in case you find them. Also, not a big fan of their UI. Not much of a complaint but a suggestion to the product guys at Mixmax - come up with designs that inspire the user. As of today, it's quite dull.

DL

Dylan L.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect sales and partner engagement tracking software

It's been great. I have used Mixmax at 3 companies now and will continue to use the software.

Pros

I love the email tracking feature that details open and clicks down to the type of device the recipient used and their location. I also use templates a lot to help automate processes.

Cons

I wish there were an easier way to log emails from Gmail Mixmax to Salesforce CRM. Right now have to bcc salesforce.

FD

Fernando D.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Great option for small to medium organizations.

It's a great tool, but it is not hard to outgrow. As things ramp up, and campaigns become larger, another tool would be better to handle a larger volume of outbound emails.

Pros

It's really easy to set up and get it going since it integrates easily with Gmail.

Cons

It depends on having several users within Google Workspace, which makes the price ramp up fast.

KA

Khadesha A.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Helps Accelerate Revenue

Pros

Mixmax has helped me and my Partners move faster daily, which in turn has accelerated revenue. We use email tracking and sequences the most. I love the stats under "Insights." It helps to switch gears and do AB testing when sending out marketing material/information.

Cons

We would love it if it integrated with more systems.

Christa C.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

I couldn't run my business without MixMax

Pros

The ability to create templates and "sequences" (automated series of templates) is crucial in this Chrome extension that takes gmail to a whole new level. Additionally, the ability to set follow-up reminders and next action steps automatically on an individual email make this a life saver. Email boxes aren't meant to be to-do lists... Mixmax allows me to review, reply, and set a next action all at once in an email and then file it away so it's not sitting in my inbox. There are fun aspects as well with 'enhancements' that allow me to insert gifs, polls, emojis, videos etc right into my emails.

Cons

This software is great for sending one-off meeting time/date options to someone via email. It doesn't have enough full calendar functionality to replace something like Acuity or Calendly as an outside meeting planner tool when you have many different types of standard meetings on a regular basis.

Thanks for your review. Would be interested in learning more about your calendar requirements.

ES

Emma S.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Buy this! Best platform for this I have used in 10 years!

My team would produce much less without this! Genuinely saves us time and money!

Pros

Timesaving, easy to use. Easy to train others to use and easy to share resources

Cons

Sometimes you get phantom clicks and due to timezones customer service can take a while but is always good when it comes!

CS

Christos S.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

Reliable for tracking and communicating better with prospects

Great!

Pros

Great tracking capabilitiesIt enriches your texts with giphs, emojis that provide a friendlier approach

Cons

Sequences (campaigns) once they start it's hard to adjust or add new steps in-betweenNo ability to find emails

Federico D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great company, with a great group of people behind

Amazing! Special mention to [sensitive content hidden]

Pros

Mixmax has a great platform and an incredible Customer Success/Support/Tech Support team. They are very open to hearing feedback and working on recommendations provided

Cons

The grass is always greener in the neighbor's garden. I believe that Mixmax lacks some features (such as automations to update accounts on the rules), but honestly, nothing big. Mixmax is a great and very complete platform.

Megan C.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Every High Achiever Needs Mixmax

Any pro who starts the day with email deserves Mixmax!

Pros

I love Mixmax because it complements all of the things I'm already doing with email, marketing, sales and scheduling apps. Mixmax supercharges my GMail inbox as an extension of my most used apps, like Salesforce, and makes it easy to see how I'm performing. Recipients of my Mixmax-powered emails are A LOT more likely to interact with my content, polls and scheduler than on other similar providers. I'm a free agent expert and work with a LOT of companies. I only wish more of my colleagues used Mixmax so we could implement some of the workflows in more situations.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I've encountered about Mixmax is that not enough people are using it yet. My projects usually have digital transformation as a key driver, but my SME partners aren't yet using it. It's hard to imagine email without Mixmax. Every digital pro with a customer- or client-facing email workflow should get it!

RS

Rajan S.

Easy and convenient setup

Pros

Mixmax is easy to set up and implement. Our team uses it to use pre-built templates so we don't have to write identical copies for numerous clients. Also, the schedule a meeting feature is super helpful and we don't use any other tool for scheduling meetings.

Cons

Honestly, none. The tool is very straightforward with the offerings and user experience.

RB

Ryan B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Probably better if you only use one email address

I liked Mixmax and it did everything I needed it to, but I think it's a bit convoluted and I experienced bugs pretty frequently. If you can use something simpler, it's probably in your best interest. However, if you need a lot of features, give it a try.

Pros

MixMax integrated a lot of useful features. I used the booking on my website, scheduled emails using the recommended send-times, and tracked when emails had been opened. It was nice to have everything in one software.

Cons

I have no fewer than 3 email addresses that I use daily. A couple more that I use periodically. Mixmax was a mess when it came to trying to set up across every email address. I should have just stuck with one.

SF

Simon F.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Fantastic range of capabilities, terrible execution

Our growth team has been using Mixmax for about 2 years, and I've personally used it almost ever since the company was founded. But the past months, while trying out their "Rules" and "Sequences", the system has given the entire team loads of headache. Nothing really works, and some bugs that were reported months ago still haven't been resolved.

Pros

- Ability to automate standardized email-related tasks (if they would work)

Cons

- All the bugs. It just doesn't work and despite reporting bugs months ago, they still haven't been resolved. We've tried almost the entire range of features and - frankly - I love the whole concept with Mixmax. Everything we've used (or tried to use) in the software would actually be useful if it worked as intended.

Hi Simon -- Sorry for your experience with product issues. I definitely understand your frustration with functionality not working the way it should work. Please email me directly.

FM

Fred M.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Why I love Mixmax

Pros

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten. The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response! What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on. And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Jorge C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great concept just tons of bugs

Pros

I really liked how you could create a cadence for your clients. Also that you were able to create different templates. I also liked the ability to read receipts right from our inbox. I also liked how it would add attachments. It made it so you could attach more documents in your inbox and also made them "links". Meaning- if someone downloaded the PDF you could see which PDF they downloaded. Tons of value.

Cons

The only issue I had with this software was of how often it was down. It seemed like every month it had issues. This was a huge issue because all our email templates were stored in the system. After a year and half of use, I switched providers. Though I miss a lot of the functions that Mix Max had it wasn't very reliable.

KI

Kevin I.

Management Consulting, self-employed

When technology actually works for you

As someone who works as an individual consultant, MixMax has given me bandwidth I didn't have before in calendaring, managing email, and other administrative tasks generally relegated to an assistant. I've tried many applications that promise to increase productivity, but few have like this one.

Pros

The product seamlessly integrates into Gmail, and makes tasks that would be back-and-forth such as calendaring and templates nearly instant. The functionality around email reminders has made inbox management effortless, and it makes me look like I have a better memory and follow-up capability than I really do. It expands my own capacity immensely.

Cons

The only complain I have about this software is one that I was able to address with the help of the customer support, notably that the email tracking can lead to emails hitting others spam filters. With the help of customer service FAQ, I was able to get past this with a few tweaks.

KF

Kara F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

Pros

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

Cons

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

KB

Karlan B.

Least clunky Gmail plug-in I've used

Pros

Super easy to log emails to SFDC without slowing down my Gmail account. Additionally, tons of additional features that I wasn't expecting, like a meeting scheduling link, email templates, etc.

Cons

Nothing jarring comes to mind - if I had to nit-pick, MixMax has error'd out one or two times when I've tried to add new contacts to SFDC from Gmail, but nothing that a quick Gmail refresh can't fix.

BA

Bekah A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Modernized Workflow

Have appreciated being introduced to Mixmax when it was in beta testing. My day would be tremendously longer if I did not have this service.

Pros

We use Mixmax daily to schedule meetings, and arrange the best meeting time for a group, email templates have saved us so much time, and productivity has increased, and this has helped to streamline our workflow and manage communications.

Cons

Sometimes, emails are sent to spam when using this software. At times, the service has glitches but they are worked through quickly.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Very satisfied

People spend a lot of time doing emails - most business goes through emails. Mixmax has helped us be more efficient and build scalable processes.

Pros

The feature we enjoy the most is being able to predict the best time send an email. This improves the response rate. Scheduling call by sharing the calendar on the body of the email is tremendous help as well. Support has also been super quick and extremely informative. They know what they are doing.

Cons

Sometimes the chrome extension for gmail does not display clicks and other metrics and one has to login to the mixmax website for a detailed view. In addition, it is not always straightforward adding special packages (e.g., custom branding).