Motus Logo

Motus

The champion of work anywhere

Motus Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.69/10

Reviews by rating

Good overall experience. They are good at notifying you when you need to submit your mileage, and notifying you when you will be paid out.
My experience has been very positive. I would recommend this to anyone, especially the less technological like myself.
My complaints are the same as virtually ever other users' complaints.
Only downside is it does not track the previous months mileage.

Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees

Securitas former Stanley Security Client.

I have been using Motus for over 5 years and it is one of the best Mile Trackers I have used.

Pros

It allows me to not have to keep track of each trip I take throughout the Day, Week and Month.

Cons

It is sometimes records the wrong address for a stop.

LD

Lucas D.

Medical Devices, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easiest app and company to use for Mileage Tracking

Great app and company! Thank your for the accuracy and for making mileage reimbursement so simple/ easy.

Pros

Easy to use mobile app. Accurate precision location management to ensure employees are receive full/accurate reimbursement on mileage.

Cons

No complaints honestly. Maybe the mileage reimbursement update frequency based off average gas price.

MC

Matt C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Whose really driving a Ford Focus

I give it a 6.8 out of 10.

Pros

It is easy to track but working with some phones today is not great. Draining extra battery that I need during the day.

Cons

Having to keep the app running all day. That you tax me because my car is 1 year out of compliance when it’s in great shape. That I have to put my precise location on to use app. That you base payment off a FORD FOCUS. DO THEY EVEN MAKE THOSE ANYMORE

MR

Marquet R.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Motus Review

Motus has been a pretty good experience overall. I’ve been using it for 3, maybe 4 years now through my job.

Pros

The history and convenience of tracking my miles on a day to day, even monthly basis.

Cons

The app would freeze or the settings would automatically reset and not track the mileage properly.

SN

Sean N.

Use Motus Daily

I've told friends at different companies using other apps for tracking to bring this to senior leadership once they see the simplicity and overall user experience of Motus.

Pros

Motus is the easiest and most user friendly app in the workplace! I've used multiple apps and the view by day for mileage is phenomenal. It is such an easy view of what you've done so far and how to edit if you notice any errors made.

Cons

none found so far - this app is great! It hits all boxes when it comes to needs

JP

Jenifer P.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Pros

Easy and straight forward to use. Mileage tracking is simple and mapping routes is intuitive to use.

Cons

Uses too much battery to keep on at all times.

JR

Judy R.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Why MOTUS rocks

I was hesitant at first but after the first month I was sold. It was so easy to tranfer the mileage report from motus to my business expense report. I don't put off doing my mileage anymore because it is so easy and efficient

Pros

I have been an on the road sales person for many years. Tracking my own miles for travel reimbursement has always been a hassle and inaccurate at best. Motus gives you an accurate mileage amount each day. This makes it so much easier to submit a mileage report and get reimbursed accurately. Motus in a hug time saver.

Cons

If I forget my phone and have to add miles manually you have to go to a day that already has miles logged. That is a problem as the days I forget my phone are the days that I need to log mileage.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

New to IRS approved FAVR

We have saved on some spend for mileage while increasing employees net pay. We were able to take the savings and invest it in other employee benefits across the whole company. Overall it was such a positive move, I don’t know why we didn’t do it sooner.

Pros

The software interface is very simple and designed to optimize the user experience. The admin portal gives the greater amount of info and is more complex, but that is necessary. This was one of my favorite roll outs I’ve ever done because the process was so easy and painless. As a company, our employees netted more money than our old program, and we paid less. It was a great win/win scenario and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Cons

The mileage tracking app is not perfect. It is something that we have seen improvements on, but tied to OS issues, the difference between Android and iOS users is pretty big. Many employees have struggled with reduced battery life when auto tracking miles, but also there has been a lot of employees uncomfortable with tracking apps in general. Motus does not make it easy to track and input mileage a different way than the app.

PJ

Paul J.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

March Motus review Paul Jenner

Again, please see above it is the only thing I don't like

Pros

Not much to say as the reimbursement should be more - see below

Cons

Reimbursement should be more as national rate per mile

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Motus review

Pros

It is easy to use and very accurate when tracking my mileage and locations.

Cons

The Motus notifications are useful however they are distracting. Less frequent notifications would be helpful.

MG

Matt G.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Efficient Mileage Calculating Software

I truly enjoy the Motus app and am truly pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of this software. I was initially skeptical about this software, but my time utilizing it thus far has proven me wrong. The software is very user friendly.

Pros

I really enjoy the Mileage Capture Mode that is available with this software as it allows me to set it and forget it, while still capturing my work mileage. I then have the convenience of being able to utilize the app or URL to access my account to delete any personal mileage/trips.

Cons

On one occasion my Motus app became disabled without me realizing it and the Mileage Capture Mode did not truly capture my work mileage for a small period of time. However, I was able to manually update this information and reactive my Motus app. I have not determined what caused this, but it could have been a user error and not necessarily the software.

JM

Jeff M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Motus review

It takes time to manually enter but the amount of information on the website is very good and shows accurate data over all my years in the program and I trust that they update fixed and variable costs to reflect real market pricing so employees aren't left holding the bag.

Pros

I use Motus website virtually daily to update my driving history for the work day and I treat it as an important reminder to follow up on those visits whether its calling the customer, scheduling another visit or the final installation, etc.

Cons

I haven't really played with the mobile app since the very beginning because I don't particularly care for the level of tracking this allows my office to know my every whereabouts all the time.

CS

Charlie S.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Efficient mileage tracking

As a user and administrator the accuracy in reporting is helpful to optimize expenses and allow my team to become more efficient.

Pros

The ease of use on the mobile phone is helpful for daily use and then the specific breakdowns of drive time help when reviewing drive time.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out as a downside here.

JC

Jack C.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mileage Tracking

Excellent app and customer service have been easy as well

Pros

The mobile app is so easy to use. You can do multiple lines at the same time. You can also go back in your history for addresses, etc. The ease-of-use makes it.

Cons

The only con I have is, it’s constantly tracking you. You can set it up for certain hours during the day. It does affect battery life.

SA

Scott A.

My Everyday use of my Motus App

Pros

Extremely easy to use. The app is critical to my daily functions of my job. I cover 6 different states and I am on the road 4-5 days a week.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I don't like about this App. It is easy to use, it is easy to update my car and insurance information. Just a great tool for business

TB

Thomas B.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Motus Review

My experience has been truly great. Really love using this app.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. Ability to navigate and make changes as necessary. I think the GPS tracking is spot on and never fails.

Cons

I would like the ability to automatically set this so it doesnt stay on during certain days of the week like sat/sun

JT

John T.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Motus User

Pros

Motus is always running in the background recording my business mileage making it easy for me to submit expense reports. Motus is a very easy and convenient tool to use.

Cons

I really have no complaints. The app works well and does all the work for me. I just hit submit and it's done.

MP

Mark P.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Plain simple

Tracking mileage used to be a headache. Now it just isn’t.

Pros

Motus is awesome because it is so simple to use. Having tracked miles manually before, Motus has freed up time and reduced stress in my job significantly.

Cons

There’s nothing that comes to mind that I don’t like about Motus.

WS

William S.

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use and saves time

Pros

I like that it has many options that you can adjust according to what you need it for, say like amount of time stopped at a location to count as a visit. It makes it so I don't have to log paperwork files and submit them for reimbursement.

Cons

The only issue I ever run in to, is that sometimes when you pass near emergency vehicles, it interferes and causes a disruption in recording. Other than that I have no other cons.

Renewables & Environment, 10,001+ employees

Its incredibly hard to use if you don't want to allow the system to track you

Terrible interface with very little thought in to using the minimal aspects of it. I am sure it works great if you remember to turn it on every day, and then

Pros

Really, there is nothing I like about this software except it does what it needs to

Cons

It is so hard to manually enter mileage. It takes forever. Adding additional stops. Finishing at "home" every day. The norm is to drive to a location and then back again. That should be the default. I shouldn't have to enter I left Home, went to customer site X, and then have to reenter I went home. Each day should just finish with going back to home or office. If I didn't go home, that should be the extra step.

BC

Brian C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Let's Go Boston Celtics - Would love to take my Son to his first game. :)

It is an easy platform to navigate, allowing you real-time information.

Pros

The ease to enter and track mileage. User can track mileage and usage.

Cons

Not really a "con", but wished my monthly stipend was more, to assist in paying more of my monthly car payment.

JB

J Bryan T.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Useless Waste of Time

The associates I have interacted with at their "App Support" have all been very professional and nice and as helpful as they can be. Beyond those interactions, absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the app.

Pros

What I will like most about this software is not having to use it ever again. From the standpoint of a daily user, there is nothing positive to say about the software. The only entities benefitting from my use of this software are the company for which I work and Motus. I am LOSING significant money every month on gas.

Cons

Hmmm, let's see. My complaints are the same as virtually ever other users' complaints. The software is unreliable and inaccurate. I've been forced to use it for about six months now and it has never tracked mileage accurately. It is ALWAYS in the favor of the company and is always off by at least several hundred miles. Aside from this, if one reads the complaints, these are the exact same complaints that many others have expressed about this app for years. YEARS! And those complaints have never been addressed. There are only two possible conclusions here: 1-Motus is incapable of fixing their own app or 2-Motus just doesn't care. Either way, if you're using it to track and get reimbursed for your mileage, it is very likely you are getting screwed.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. Issues like this can typically be resolved with a simple settings change on your mobile device. Please contact our member services team for assistance. We look forward to supporting you!

JC

Jim C.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

User Friendly Application

Fantastic

Pros

Everything about the app is very easy to use. The best part is the customer service. They handled my questions and took care of everything I needed the first time. Highly recommend for individuals and companies of all sizes to keep accurate mileage usage.

Cons

I don’t have anything at this time I didn’t like. There are times the address is off by a small distance.

JH

Joel H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

User Friendly

Pros

It’s very user friendly for the intended use of tracking and submitting monthly miles for company purposes. Ease of use

Cons

Sometimes if I forget to track trips it’s hard to search some addresses to enter manual trips

ED

Esther D.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Motus App

Never had any issues with the app I always checked the whole month usage with my calendar to make sure it was correct.

Pros

I liked that it saved my past locations that I would visit weekly for easier tracking at the end of the month when it came time to submit milage very helpful.

Cons

dont think anything was missing for Motus I was happy with the way it was being used easier for tarcking and keeping that accountability on track and piece of mind.