All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

One Call Now Reviews

Pros

I like the ease of use and reliability is great. It has an app I can easily use from my android phone.

Dan R.

Darrell N.

Read the full review
Ease of use / this is a great communication tool - second to none.

Darrell N.

Read the full review

Cons

We have one person who is not receiving the calls, but I think she may have inadvertently blocked the number.

Karen L.

Read the full review
The smartphone app is very limited in its features.

Read the full review
Using a web browser on a smartphone is very difficult.

4.6

Excellent way to communicate with church members

We use One Call Now at least once a week, sometimes almost daily, to keep our members informed of deaths, events, announcements, schedules, etc. It's a great tool that keeps everyone apprised of what's happening in the church.

Pros

Our church has used One Call Now for several years, and it has continually improved. We use it to send out phone calls, emails, and text messages. You can schedule your messages, send to specific groups that you set up, or to everyone in the system. I've found the easiest way is via phone app as you can use your phone mic to record your voice messages. Sound quality is pretty good, too.

Cons

The phone app used to be buggy but it has greatly improved. The program does cost, but saves so much time and keeps your congregation informed and updated.

One Call Now contacts EVERYONE how they like to be contacted.

In today's day and age, the old "phone tree" system does not work. But One Call Now calls everyone on your list and keeps recalling. You get a report showing who was contacted and who was unreachable. With the church having so many subgroups, it is nice to be able to select only certain people or groups to call with meeting updates and event reminders; rather than calling everyone at the church, every time.

Pros

One Call Now will call, text or email your group, whichever they prefer. You can set-up sub groups to call only certain people so that the whole church doesn't need to be called when a youth meeting time is changed.

Cons

One Call Now charges based on the number of phone numbers that you have in your database. So if you have a home phone and a cell phone for someone, that counts as two numbers.

Wasn’t what we needed

We enjoyed it while we used it. The price increased over the years. It just wasn’t useful for us as times changed.

Pros

We used One Call for almost 10 years. We liked the ability to communicate with our congregation.

Cons

Lack of options. Inability to converse with congregants. Low ‘open’ rate (they wouldn’t pick up or after they hear the chime they’d hang up) No option to text instead.

Not very reliable

I am currently looking for alternatives.

Pros

Able to contact multiple people with a single phone call

Cons

Not very reliable. Many times the report states I was contacted with the message, but I never even got a call! Several people say the message starts, stops then restarts with out ever completing the message. Several people reported that the message starts in the middle so full information is not conveyed.

Customer Service

Besides the service itself, I would like to say that I have always had good experiences when discussing my accounts and business needs with customer service. For example, my discussion with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional and friendly. She answered all of my questions quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed my talk with her.

Pros

The service that One Call Now provides has been a great addition to the tools that we use. Having the ability to reach our fellow union sisters and brothers in a single call allows use to get information and facts out quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I cannot really say that there are any things that I do not like with this service.

One Call Now

One Call is great to reach our congregation through phone, email, and text. I can get on the website immediatley. It is wonderful that when we have a prayer request that we can put it out to our prayer groups and the people receive it immediately so they can begin praying for that person or situation. Some people complain they can't understand the voice when they get the phone message, probably talks a little faster than we do, even though I use the voice I think is the slowest.

Pros

I am the office assistant and this is used for our church. I like it that I can go on the internet at home in the evening if needed and put out a prayer request to our congregation instead of having to go back to the church to put out the message.

Cons

The pronunciation on some words is not how we say them. I have to keep changing the spelling of the work until I can get the word to sound the way we pronounce it. An example: Blountville. For it to pronounce it correctly I have to change the spelling to Bluntville. And there are some other words that occasionally will come up that way.

Reaching the Masses!

I am pastor of a church that averages 80 people in attendance. One Call Now is the best way I know of to effectively communicate information to each member in the quickest amount of time. Within 5 minutes everyone receives information they need to stay up to date with our church. I used this service at a prior church and fell in love with it. Upon coming to my current position I encouraged the church to subscribe to this service and am glad i did. Members are amazed at the clarity of the messages and the options available. THANK YOU ONE CALL NOW!!

Pros

Ease of use / this is a great communication tool - second to none!

Cons

I have found no problems with this service.

GREAT CALL SYSTEM TO USE

OneCall has excellent customer service! Rep is my service representative and always takes the time to answer your questions and walk you through any problem you may have.

Pros

Very user friendly, organized and easy to use.

Cons

Haven't found an issue yet. But, if you have a problem, they want to know about it.

Great Time Saver!

We use this at church to deliver prayer requests and reminders of upcoming events. I find the program easy to navigate for the most part. We have about 10 groups set up which makes it even easier. This has saved us much time and allowed the message to be communicated in the same way to everyone who listens to it. I highly recommend this program!

Pros

The smartphone app is very convenient for making calls.

Cons

The smartphone app is very limited in its features. It would be much better if it functioned like the One Call Now web site where I could manage the entire program from the app. Using a web browser on a smartphone is very difficult.

time saver/frustration saver

See Pros

Pros

One Call Now has saved our church countless hours of making phone calls. Instead of having several people making calls, and having the information change from caller to caller, every message is the same! It is quick, accurate, and user-friendly.

Cons

When I use my phone app, I have to use another app to find my group ID. When I use other apps, my username is pre-entered. The group ID should also be.

David, thank you for your review of One Call Now! We appreciate you taking the time and for your business. We will pass along your recommendation regarding the group ID - thank you again!

Review from Ossining Public Library

Pros

One Call Now has made such a difference in how much time it takes us to handle emergency closings or late openings. Before, we used an old-fashioned phone tree. It was time consuming and we sometimes missed people, which was not good. Now we just have to make one call and we know that all of our staff and volunteers have been notified.

Ripoff Artists, Buyer Beware

I had an account with One Call Now for over 6 years. I recently went to create message blast and quickly found out that upon logging in, my account had been expired. I called customer service was informed that the account is auto renewed on an annual basis. I told the guy I had been a customer for 6 years and he had no explanation other than to say call back tomorrow when the renewal team was back...

Pros

Software is fairly reliable. Takes a while to learn to use it but works pretty well once you learn it.

Cons

Difficult uploading process for lists

One call now

I am very pleased. I researched other options and was pleased with one call now.

Pros

Cons

I wish I could select text message instead of voice. But other than that I can no think of anything.

One Call Now

Pros

The software is reliable and easy to use.

Cons

I can not find any problems with your product.

Does what it says it will do.

The price seems high for what it does but maybe I'm not using all the features.

Pros

Is it software? I always just called in and did it over the phone. I'm sure there is a computer involved so yeah, it's software. But I like how it does the job efficiently.

Cons

That I can only access it over the phone. Seems tedious, wish I had the data in front of me to see. Also wish it integrated with my Church Management Software.

Time Saver!!!

Awesome! Very helpful. This truly saves me time. Thank you One Call!

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Able to voice a message from an app on my phone and send it immediately or I can schedule it for future delivery.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that I can't change my User name. Even after using it for over two years, I constantly forget it and have to look it up.

I Love This Service

it has allow me to execute task much faster.

Pros

It is very simple to use and get the job done.

Cons

It need more characters in text messaging

One Call Now

Our church provided use of One Call Now for the church daycare. Although messages were sent through the system, our parents still said they did not get some of the messages sent. On calls that I have received from the system, I have had no issues so as a "user" there have not been any challenges. As an "administrator," there were underlying questions of parents receiving calls. Overall, this product is recommended without any regard.

Pros

One Call Now offers the ability to create a message and call all users on your call or text everyone on your specific call list. Users have the ability to opt-out if they desire.

Cons

There is a small learning curve in how to use One Call Now. There have been issues with using the mobile application.

Covers most of what we were looking for

Pros

Ability to add/subtract employees as they fluctuate. Can make "all calls" from a phone, doesn't have to be at a computer. Fairly simple and easy to use.

Cons

The voice over for messages is hard to understand at times, you are better off recording your own messages. You have to enter your message in the messages folder before you start a new alert. The process of filling shifts or getting the quota call doesn't seem as effective as it was advertised.

One Call Now is easy to use

We use One Call Now to send out messages to our congregation. It is easy to use and very efficient. It gets the word out quickly and effortlessly.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.