All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Remo Reviews

Pros

With this amazing tool, we succeeded to get to the objective we had initially planned to achieve through a "real" physical event.

Read the full review
Help desk is SUPER responsive and supportive. Presentation mode is so smooth and easy for performers and speakers.

Dean S.

Read the full review
I really love how easy it is to navigate around the virtual rooms on the platform. The help feature was also very quick and helpful.

David D.

Read the full review

Cons

One of our biggest complaints that caused a bit of disruption in our first event was that the table labels were too small for users to read, therefore they were moving around to the wrong tables.

Bethany F.

Emily C.

Read the full review
Have to give people details on how to use Remo because it’s not zoom and people think anything not zoom is automatically too hard to use.

Jennifer U.

Read the full review

Bringing theatre back to the people

Remo is a great virtual conference software option

Virtual events that feel like the real thing

My company Lunchpool found Remo before the holidays last year when looking for a software that would support our “virtual lunch breaks”. I was able to meet with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] directly and hearing his pitch and the reason behind creating Remo. Sinilar to our mission, he wanted to combat the feelings of social isolation that were ever-growing. This intention shines through in the product...

Pros

When first finding Remo in August of last year, I knew it was something special but I wasn’t quite sure why. The 2d floorplan seemed to simulate a “space” similar to an actual networking environment, but, as I discovered, the real value and “secret sauce” is the freedom to move about from table to table. Each “table” is essentially a video breakout. The unique format of events and flexibility of the platform has allowed my company to grow significantly. As others are scrambling to provide webinars, my team has been able to provide meaningful, connective experiences that feel like actual in-person networking.

Cons

The registration page had a bit of friction. Similar tools have an option to log on as a guest, but the profile “business card” does add significant value and the team at Remo is very responsive to customer feedback.

Like networking in real life, but on the computer and not in real life. 🤷‍♂️

Being able to use the platform to network and work on projects with other artists has been amazing. Other than the once-in-a-blue-moon hiccup requiring a refresh and screen sharing being a tad bit laggy at times, this platform has blown me away in terms of how stable it is and how different it is from other platforms. VR networking platforms seem like they may be a neat experience, but for the average user who needs to get work done over extended periods, Remo is the way to go. I've even planted the grape vine at my alma mater to see if Remo would be a good fit for their curriculum. I personally think it will.

Pros

The ability to have numerous different conversations throughout a room is a huge step up from sitting in a video conference with 49 other participants, 48 of which are muted while 2 people talk, and waiting for your turn to talk. Being able to bounce around and talk to various groups of people is just phenomenal.

Cons

I think the chat bar could use a little bit of work to make it more functional for the average user. Being able to see the faces or "chat heads" of your other chats, while in a chat with someone else would be extremely useful. So, say I'm talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a private chat. On the left edge of that chat window you would see a bar that runs the length of the chat window that has a condensed version of the chat overview window (the one that shows General Chat, Table Chat, and Private Chats). Instead of having the full name [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it would just show his tile icon. If any of that makes sense. 🤷‍♂️

Great concept, needs tech/security improvement

Great for networking and getting people to talk to each other. Bought the premium subscription to potentially use for a training program, but cancelled after one month due to tech issues with audio and insufficient security for our purposes. Have since been using Zoom breakout rooms and meetings.

Pros

Excellent graphic interface, concept of tables makes participants feel more connected, good for networking events. Good communication from company about updates and new features, basic user guides are shared for distribution. Company seems honest, will prorate the cost of a subscription if you cancel early. Like that the license is only attributed to the administrator - otherwise, many people can use the service without a designated license, as long as it doesn't exceed the limit set by your plan.

Cons

Common unresolvable tech problems for some users - could only hear one other person, or couldn't be heard, for example. Limits group to 6 - sometimes wanted bigger option. Never figured out advance set-up for events or the concept of event managers - a colleague who reached out to tech support did not receive a clear answer. Security is not as high as it should be to meet our organizational needs.

It is an intuitive, attractive and an enjoyable platform with a lot of possibilities. Sadly, we won't be able to continue at this price point.

Pros

The ability to integrate sessions for socializing and networking while also presenting content in more "keynote" speaker style.

Cons

1) Needs better features to pre-load presentation content, especially video content. It is awkward and unprofessional to have to present, share content, go to Powerpoint, open it, etc. Can one of the sponsor sites or billboards to configured to run preloaded content, such as Powerpoints? 2) Enable attendees to hear the sound of videos pre-loaded into Powerpoint. We could not run our already embedded...

For me it was love at first sight!

If facilitate several busomess networking meetings with various virtual platforms and the ones growing in this pandemic are the Remo ones.

Pros

When you want to get people talking in thw most authentic way possible online there is no better solution than Remo. No more black screens or brady bunch headaches, just great conversation that feels almost as good as the real thing -- except you don't get hugs. I love how my guests can move freely from table to table as they would in a real event, that the space is completely customizable and links back to my website, and of course the revenue the banner advertising brings. Remo is the most flexible and engaging virtual event platform you will ever use.

Cons

At first it was buggy, but now it is so sweet! My guests love it.

Excelent customer service, and easy to use product

Revolutionary experience, and set a good standard. Keep going, as many other tools are catching up.

Pros

The level of customisation, and the responsiveness of the presale, technical support, especially, when it comes to customer floor plan iterating. I hope to call out a name "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]", [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a hero! It is also good experience working with someone who is based in Asia, so after my revision at night in Europe, the update got reflected in Remo, because of the efficient work. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even helped me solve some problems, when I shared the editable .ai file, apart from the .svg file.

Cons

I hope it can be used more widely, and more people know how to use it, and enjoy using it.

Remo virtual conference platform is the best option on the market

My business eSAX used to host large in-person networking events for entrepreneurs and community leaders. I have pivoted my entire business model and adopted Remo to HOST other people’s events around the world. Without Remo I would have had to shut down. It’s been an absolute game-changer!!

Pros

Every aspect of this forward-thinking and intuitive virtual platform is excellent! The entire program literally mimics a real face-to-face conference, tradeshow and networking event. The breakout rooms are visually appealing, makes it easy to see everyone at once, communicate with others and move-around at the users discretion. The stage or presentation mode is exceptionally well laid-out. Even those who are technologically adverse can still use the platform with ease!

Cons

I just wish it was launched years earlier!

Remo allows for autonomy in virtual events

I've really enjoyed working with the Remo team and they have been very helpful in troubleshooting bugs. As a newer platform, they are working to correct issues as quickly as they can. But it still has a bit of lag compared to more established video platforms. But even with that, I love Remo and it's one of my favorite tools!

Pros

The main reason I use Remo for most of my virtual facilitation is because it allows participants to have autonomy moving around a virtual room and join the small group conversations that matter to them. Most people are 'stuck' in breakout rooms with zoom and other platforms - but Remo allows you flip that dynamic for your participants! I also LOVE being able to upload custom floorplans - many of my clients love that we can match their brand with the event.

Cons

As a new platform for lots of users, there's a learning curve to figure out how to manage the event. Once someone has had familiarity in the platform, I find they love it and want to host a second event - but sometimes that first experience can involve a lot of 'learning the ropes' rather than focused on the specific intent of your event. It can also be challenging not being able to see everyone's video in the main presentation area. I often find myself wanting to have conversations with more people than are allowed in the small groups, but there's no option for that so I sometimes have to refer back to zoom with my group.

Great experience!

Gives the facilitator and participants a fun experience and with much more natural flow than other platforms. The biggest challenge is getting past the set-up issues for participants.

Pros

Remo creates the freedom for participant in an event to move around and network as they please. Its relatively well tolerated by IT departments who may ban Zoom and it creates a far superior experience than the usual video conferencing platforms.

Cons

Participant take on is the biggest barrier - getting folks in the room with microphone and camera working is a challenge. The Deskle whiteboard is not as sophisticated and user friendly as Miro or Mural. My advice would be to reach out to an affiliate like myself and get help for your first few sessions. Pricing has also increased quite a bit recently.

User friendly and fun!

Remo is a user friendly platform, that could work for a variety of businesses. I am really happy with their customer service and in general their passion to keep improving the platform.

Pros

This platform is exactly what we were looking for as a solution to live networking at our digital events. It was super easy to set up and get going, and the free trial was really handy.

Cons

The only negative feedback we'd had from participants using the platform was that it wasn't easy to view other participant details e.g. Name, Job Title & Company. We aren't sure whether we want to make the move from Zoom to Remo for the presentation content as it doesn't seem quite as seamless. But we will give it a go!

A Game changer for networking online

Networking for large groups of people is a major problem that is being solved. Zoom simply does not provide a solution for this problem. - breakout sessions are awkward and require an admin to be present all the time to move people between rooms. Remo enables us to organise an event "hands off" as people can firstly see where everyone is in the different tables and they can move independently between these rooms. It's a fantastic innovation. Most, if not all of our events involve 50+ people getting together and connecting informally. Remo heklpy us to continue to provide this kind of value in an online format. I don't think we could have offered the same value to our attendees if we used multiple zoom chats or breakout sessions.

Pros

Remo provides a fantastic platform for making networking easy online. The ability to have multiple tables in one view, with the ability to see who is chatting with who is a complete gamechanger for networking online. As an admin organizing large networking events there is simply no other tool that provides this kind of value.

Cons

Barrier free entry would be the best new feature for new people joining a remo event for the first time. There are often issues with people accidently selecting "join as speaker" when they are only an attendee. This blocks them from entering and causes a lot of confusion. I would also like to see an easiersystem for entering the timing of the event (during the pre-event setup). The current method of using the clock is not easy to use and after entering the starting time it almost always give me an error that my finishing time is before the starting time. This happens when I clone an event and change the time and date of the start first.

Remo- built for events!

Our Virtual events and programs have now separated us from many of our competitors. The initial reaction when people enter the room is priceless and although some are intimidated, they feel like experts after a quick tutorial. Although the platform has a lot of great features, perhaps the thing we love the most is the community of users. Ideas are shared openly, there is collaboration between people and organizations from Hong Kong to Canada and everywhere in between.

Pros

- it was built for events, not for meetings. - actually has the feel of an in person event. - you attend an event, not a broadcast or webinar. The interaction and networking is so simple and cannot be done on other platforms. I recently attended an event on Zoom (after trying to get them to use Remo) and they assured me the breakout rooms would work just fine....then I was moved to the wrong breakout...

Cons

- some of the tech aspects with tablets/mobile are hit and miss -

Great Networking Platform

The overall experience has been ok. When getting speakers to use this platform they find it a bit confusing so we need to do a few run throughs on how to use it.

Pros

The software allows individuals from different countries be in the same place at the same time. Allowing attendees to jump around to different tables.

Cons

The software is not mobile responsive and there are a few features that it doesn't have. ie automatically registers an attendee.

The Best Platform for Dynamic Virtual Events

Even with some of the bugs we experienced, it was still better than comparable alternatives. The ability to customize the look and feel of the event map added to the overall event experience. We have found Remo to be extremely versatile and adaptability for just about any virtual event.

Pros

There is something that those of us who use the platform call "Remo Magic". It captures the imagination of the user in a way that other platforms (even the ones with similar functionality) can't. The ability for users to freely navigate an event map and have autonomous small group video chats makes it feel like an in-person event.

Cons

Audio quality without headphones is not as good as Zoom. If users use headphones there is never an issue, but occasionally there can be feedback or echoes.

Long on Remo

Super long on the platform because of call quality -- feel like their UI/UX team needs to directly connect more end users of software. Needs more features like icebreaker has.

Pros

Remo provides the best audio and video quality of any platform we've used -- better than Zoom. The ability to switch rooms is also relatively seamless.

Cons

* screen share sometimes locks up * no waiting room capability to let someone next meeting is waiting * switching between buildings and some other things don't feel seamless

Best software for recreating coffee break/reception interactions

Events are a huge part of our business, so when COVID-19 ended our ability to host them in person, we quickly had to pivot to virtual events. Remo recreated the in-person experience better than any other platform we reviewed and are really happy with it thus far.

Pros

We loved the ease of use, the simple yet engaging layout, and the fact that it recreates the natural interactions of conference participants in the most natural way. We also like that the either/or function of presentation and conversation mode. It helps overcome the issues we have with in person events where sessions will not be well attended but the break room is full. The ability to track interaction with sponsors ads is also a great plus.

Cons

There are some features that are missing: ability to assign seats, customization of automated emails, better Zapier app to integrate with Salesforce, custom fields on registration, ability to spotlight one screen/speaker in presentation mode.

Why I Jumped In with Both Feet

It has been great. I invested in the Studio Licence so I could launch a virtual event venue on the platform. I immediately saw the potential for supporting the events industry with a virtual space that would be managed by an event professional with my experience and understanding of how best to maximize the platform for a successful event experience.

Pros

I was looking to help a client transition an event from live to virtual. This platform felt the closest to live and checked the most boxes on our needs list. The ability to network at the tables and the ability to customize the look and feel of the virtual space were big for me.

Cons

The inability to use RTMP link for streaming onto the stage and the on-boarding/registration page.

Remo Conference Review

It has been pretty good overall, in that for our needs (switching or moving away from hosting large scale, in-person events for obvious reasons) the form of the platform itself has worked well generally, i.e. a serviceable virtual event platform.

Pros

Probably the way that the event platform itself can be modified or "tailored" to meet the needs of the hosts, especially regarding specific and different looks of events (per event). That is what the best takeaway for me is.

Cons

The functionality or UX of the software seems rigid or limited in scope, and that more attention perhaps goes into the interface than anything else, seemingly.

A very useful platform for blending social and business functions

Since we organize, plan and host virtual events, we have chosen Remo as one of our preferred vendors. They provide us the tools we need to allow Our Virtual Event.Space to host satisfying and productive events worldwide.

Pros

We appreciate the fact that we can attract customers wishing to conduct both social and business events, and host their events with the special coordination that makes them amazing. Because we are innovative in our production values, we are able to blend in-person and virtual experiences for maximum effect smoothly, creating the powerful illusion of being "in the room" with presenters, even when the presenters are remote from each other.

Cons

Limitations arise when clients desire customized floor-plans that include effects such as table-top sponsor logos. Only a single floor-plan will function per event, causing duplication. Up to three interconnected 'buildings' allow us more flexibility.

Remo made our conference one-of-a-kind!

We had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Remo. Their customer service team was incredibly attentive and responsive. Their virtual tours, strategy sessions and other training opportunities really helped us get the most out of the platform. While the platform is still evolving, it continues to get better and better, adapting to the needs of their users. We would 10/10 choose Remo again for a virtual Conference.

Pros

I love how interactive and unique the Remo platform is. All our attendees remarked how neat it was, and that they had never seen anything like it.More than a conference platform, it is a virtual simulation of a conference hall and experience. We heard it be compared to a video game, like Sims. Our attendees could see the layout of the event floor, who was there, move around, and interact with multiple people. There is an element to Remo, unlike any other platform we considered, that is simply fun and amusing.

Cons

It felt that the platform was very new and still evolving from day to day. The week before we purchased a plan, the pricing structure completely changed. Over the course of the month, new features were rolled out - though it was too late for us to use some of them. Some users had overwhelming issues accessing the platform or allowing access to their cameras and microphones, due to firewall or other...

Excellent software!

Thanks Remo, you saved our annual hackathon. Usually we would hold this event in the office but due to COVID restrictions, we were unable to do that this year. Remo helped to better connect us all and allowed us to successfully run the two-day event remotely.

Pros

- The customisable layouts. - Extensive whiteboard/screen sharing functions. - Presentation/broadcast function with chat/Q&A window, YouTube etc. - Easy to use and set up.

Cons

- The lack of polling/voting systems. - The fact that Remo automatically puts you on a random table when you enter the event/a new floor. - The fact that chat messages disappear and don't save for very long. - The audio didn't always work very well when using headphones

Beautifully created platform

It has been a wonderful addition to our organization. It has been great during conferences and general presentations.

Pros

I love the tables. Being able to have a little discussion table with 4 people and to be able to get up and go to another table once you are done is great and has been a huge benefit especially during lockdown and working from home.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was having to leave your present table to see the other tables and who is on them. I would love the ability to see the other tables and participants without having to leave my table.

Feels like you are there!

we are solving the problem of a physical event for our customers. Great experience with customer service and pre-sales. Your guided Tours are excellent!

Pros

enter in to a room with tables and chairs is a great feeling

Cons

More floorplans or an easy "DIY" step-by-step guide... i.e. 1) click here to chose your color, 2) click here to chose #of sponsors, 3)... and so on.

Remo is a great concept! But it's buggy.

I would give Remo and 7/10. I would say 10/10 if it was less buggy. It's really is great software but it still needs some work under the hood.

Pros

Awesome virtual solution for networking and farmer's market type events. Love the layout. Customer service/Tech support has been awesome so far! Love that it is browser-based, not an app, or software-based like zoom. Many of our attendees are Chromebook users and are unable to download software.

Cons

The biggest issue is the performance is very inconsistent. My organization has run 12 events so far. Some have gone flawlessly and others we've run into a lot of bugs. We've had issues where people kept getting kicked out and having to rejoin, flickering cameras, chat not working, and presentation mode glitches quite a bit. For some folks who are less tech-savvy, it is very confusing at first....

A Refreshing Option in Video Conferencing

I am delightfully excited by REMO. It is a refreshing option and an enjoyable business experience! THANK YOU!

Pros

I love the upstairs Breakout Rooms! The ability to go to different "tables" and speak with diverse and different people is brilliant.

Cons

It takes a little while to figure out how to get up and downstairs and understand how to "table-switch."

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.