ShoreTel Reviews

4.26/5 (187 reviews)

Chase Long

From the perspective of a Call Center Quality Assurance Specialist.

Reviewed 2017-11-14
Review Source: Software Advice

If you are a business who is not concerned about Quality Assurance for their call center, or if cost is an immediate issue, then this is a great, affordable option for you with some awesome features (silent monitor, silent coaching, call barging) that some other business VOIP systems don't allow/offer (note: costs may be an issue right away, but it can be more costly to have to switch your businesses entire VOIP system later). If you're concerned about the quality of your customer service or sales reps for your call center, or plan to grow big enough to have the need for a Quality Assurance department, it would be wise to look into other options that will streamline that department and work in tandem with your customer service/sales telephony system. This product has a lot of great features that make it worthwhile to businesses: - the lowest price on the market (they guarantee the lowest price for their service) - option to "barge" calls (3-way the call without being transferred in) - option to silent monitor reps (monitor the reps with your phone on mute) - option to silent coach reps (talk to or coach your reps without the customer hearing) - see who is not on the phone, on a call, or has their phone set to do not disturb/busy/etc.

Easy to Use Phone System and Cost Effective

Reviewed 2018-06-04

I found this product to have a user-friendly interface when managing the phones in our organization. What I liked the most about the product is the ease in knowing which phone blocks are available for use, as well as the number of phone numbers available in that specific block. Additionally (unlike Cisco Call Manager) it shows the full phone number. This is VERY useful if you are forced to have different call blocks with different prefixes. Not to mention, the call communicator for each user was AMAZING. We could easily make calls to other extensions (or outside numbers) from our desktop using the communicator. Also, if you wanted to call someone in your organization, it will indicate if the person is available (green) or on a call (red). Also great for our call center that had a call queue available.

Shae Jackson, PHR, SHRM-CP, MBA

Complex Implementation - Low Key Day-to-Day Maintenance

Reviewed 2018-12-12

We were lacking quite a bit with our prior phone system. So the transition to shoretel was much needed. I was involved with the RFP and pricing discussion with a multitude of vendors. In all cases, Shoretel offered the greatest amount of features, including integration with our CRM (Dynamics) all while having the lowest price point. As the Director of HR, I am able to act as system admin with zero technical background, which is also greatly appreciated.

Julie George

Everything I need.

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I'd say we've had a seamless integration of ShortTel at our firm. I love the added features and how easy they are to use. Fits very well in my day-to-day operations. Our company switched to ShoreTel a few years ago, and I've noticed a significant difference in how I use my phone and voice services. The desktop application makes it extremely easy to track missed calls, know the status of people I'm trying to get a hold of, and forward any calls when I'm out of the office.

William Runner, MSM

Shoretel Communicator: Making Communication Easy

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Shoretel has really helped to streamline and make our communication efforts more effective. I rarely type in anyone's phone number; I simply look them up in the system or reference my saved contacts. I like the line redirection feature the most. You can configure and redirect your line to your mobile phone with one click, which is great and convenient for remote or offsite days. I also like the messaging feature because not everyone in my company uses Skype, but most everyone uses Shoretel. Shoretel also replaced all of our physical phone directory sheets, which is a nice step into the 21st century.

Mekesha Gibbs

Contact center solution that is easy to use.

Reviewed 2016-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

The product is very easy for supervisors or managers in your call center to use. You are able to manage several calls groups and CSR's easily by looking at one screen. Its very easy to add new agents using the contact center director. The agent toolbar is very easy to configure at the agents workstations as long as you know the IP address. You are able to easily move agents in and out of the contact center groups. The reports are easy to access, create, and modify to obtain the data that you need to analyze daily.

Michael L'Archeveque

I use ShoreTel Connect as our company's main method of communication for outside candidates/clients.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

ShoreTel allows me to connect quickly and efficiently with candidates and colleagues.ShoreTel Connect integrates seamlessly with our Salesforce databases, allowing me to quickly call candidates and clients by simply clicking the number on the screen. When making 100+ calls per day, this small quality of life assist is very welcome.

Natalie Greaves

Shoretel truly makes the communication process easier

Reviewed 2015-05-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I rarely actually use my voicemail, but I understand that it's a necessary part of doing business with some. I appreciate that when I'm on the go, Shoretel's transcription allows me to still read voicemails, and the IM function is so necessary for intra-office communication. I love that I can access my voicemails via email and I never have to call in!

Patty Egenlauf

My employer currently uses shoretel for our call center it works great for the most part

Reviewed 2018-06-22

I get to do my job as a support agent without interuption for the most part, for a while we had alot of problems but now we seem to be doing good with no problems in the last couple of months.usually on most days it works great, the call quality is good and their are no issues. i like the ease of use and it connects instantly. I like how it gives us options to break, without having to log out and the timer helps me know how long i have been on my break or lunch break,

jamison oishi

This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

You are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.Pros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer. Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.

Great product!

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I highly recommend this product. I use the Shore Tel phone system everyday and till now very satisfied with its performance. I like the ease of recording any incoming or outgoing calls. You get a copy of the recordings to your email as well. It got the caller id feature which is really helpful too.

Jean Franco

Telephony done right with all the bells and whistles

Reviewed 2018-10-23
Review Source: Software Advice

A well thought system and with phones that are made to last. The phones are ergonomic and with unique design.Well designed product and made to last. The integration with all the other products, chat system, desktop and the different phone's models.

Jay Brackman

Simply The Best

Reviewed 2016-05-25
Review Source: Software Advice

ShoreTel's TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is the lowest in the industry, and part of that reason is because so many ShoreTel features come right out of the box. With other phone systems, you have to buy a different package or have to pay individually for features to be used. Not with ShoreTel. Also, I like the fact that ShoreTel is just a phone company. All of their R&D budget goes into making their system better, not just supporting what part of their product line is making the most revenue.

Rob Jerkins

Our experience here has been very good. Such an upgrade from our last one!

Reviewed 2017-11-16

The thing I like most about the software is how user friendly it is. Maybe its because what we had previously was so bad and old but this is a light and day difference!

Jen Salvesen

Telephone software that cost way more than it was worth.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

This software was an upgrade to our previous system, so the functionality of being able to perform changes /additions/deletions on line through a browser was very helpful. This was quite an upgrade from our previous telephone software, so many of the features are an upgrade from what we had before. The software that each employee uses on a daily basis for their individual phones is helpful. It gives you minimal information, but is helpful in connection with each user and desk phone.

Cory Stewart

Mitel Solutions

Reviewed 2018-11-09
Review Source: Software Advice

They offer a full suite of solutions depending on what type of business you are and your exact needs. We have used them for a software/hardware phone solution and have had great success with them.

Sookhee Hahn

Very good phone for office use

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Easy to make a call using computer keyboard and never to reach out the phone itself. Also good to track all voice mail and phone history.

Anonymous

Easy to use phone management system

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Phone software that allows us to integrate calls into our email and has been easy to use for even our least tech-savvy employees.

Kate Ronan

I use Shoretel to make all of my inbound and outbound calls. This is helpful to track my efforts

Reviewed 2017-08-08

-easy to make calls to clients -easy to type in numbers to make calls (or paste in numbers) -easy reporting to see how many calls were made -FWD calls to cell phone is very handy when working remotely

Rhett Nutter

Great phone system

Reviewed 2018-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Great phone system and phones, we have been using them for a long time.We have been using these phones and phone system for awhile. It is a vast improvement over our old phone system. They provide a lot of functionality.

Scott Conklin

Connects to Everything!

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pretty easy initial setup - but can get quite technical and difficult the further you dive in to do substantial changes to how it connects to other programs and phones.I love the fact the Shoretel will connect to just about everything. It goes through anything connected through a Microsoft product and can get all contact information you need to import.

Zak Gunnells

Constant problems, inconsistent reporting, terrible support

Reviewed 2017-08-04
Review Source: Software Advice

This is about Shoretel's new "Connect" system. We were on Shoretel Sky, and had no issues at all. We were told Shoretel Connect had better reporting and integration with our CRM. The switch from Sky to Connect was a nightmare and filled with issues. Four months after the transition and we still have issues pop up every week. As far as support, prior to 2016 Shoretel had one of the best support departments we had the pleasure of interacting with. Sometime during 2016, however, the hold times started getting longer and longer, and the support reps newer. The current hold time, we are experiencing, averages about 45 minutes.. just to get someone on the phone. Pros: * It is fully cloud based * Ability to rent equipment so no excess inventory is required * they try... but fail

Diane Lunde

ShoreTel is a great product

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Ease of use and ability to contact employees without picking up my phone!I love the ease of using ShoreTel from my computer screen. It makes it much easier to call other employees when I need help with something

Riccardo Francese

Great Phone System!!

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a fantastic phone system for large or medium enterprise, very high quality and nice phones Good messaging system

Emily Gartland

good phone software

Reviewed 2017-11-01
Review Source: Software Advice

visual voicemail, call queues, history, address book, I can copy and paste phone numbers from the web, easy to use