Sideline Reviews - Page 2

Love this

Pros

Some of the best features for outside sales people or a group. Love the text and call auto reply options. I subscribed to the additional voicemail to text feature as well

Cons

You have to be sure you set up your phone correctly to ensure your voicemails go to the correct place. Sort of confusing

Great application to use for additional phone number!

This has been a great app for me overall as I have met some people online that I would rather not keep in contact with. I can just ignore their calls and not have to worry about them harassing me all the time. I recommend it for users who need an additional line for any reason.

Pros

I started online dating about a year ago and found this to be great to create another phone number just for use when my date search. That way I did not have to worry about giving our my real phone number.

Cons

You must have a strong internet connection to properly answer calls. Otherwise, if you're traveling and going through low cellphone reception areas, you will not be able to take calls using this app.

Started using this when it was free and for free it was great. They switched to paid in October.

A headache

Pros

I was able to have a seperate line for my business. It was great when it was free. Thats about the only thing positive I can say. I switched over from another service hoping to get the same type of service. Boy was I wrong.

Cons

Since they switched to paid there is NOTHING different about the app or service. It is NOT worth . In fact, I have had nothing but issues and customer service is almost impossible to reach. They terminated my account and I lost my number because of their own billing issue. It has been near impossible to reach ANYONE to correct. When I have all they want is my credit card number to bill me and offer...

Second phone, fraction of the cost!

Pros

I like how I can customize so many features. Everything from voicemail greetings, to text message signatures. I can also totally cut off my availability. If I do not want to work, I can send calls to voicemail, enable text responder and turn off notifications!

Cons

Its not easy to share content to Sideline. The option is there, but when the message opens, it's blank.

Best option for keeping my phone number

I can keep my US number and still send and receive text messages!

Pros

So far, this has been the best option for me to keep my phone number while overseas. I lost my sim card, so couldn't get anything US based but they were able to port my number. I had to deal with tech support and they were fantastic.

Cons

It's a little clunky, but I am adapting to it. I think I need a sim card in to use it for calls, which isn't ideal.

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience using Sideline!

I Love This Product

I’ve been a sideline user for a while now, and I have to say I’m never looking back! It has amazing call quality and tons of features to keep my business and personal line separate.

Pros

Sideline allows me to have a business line separate from personal line

Cons

I only wish I could do even more with it!

Hey Nathalie, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com if you ever need any assistance.

It Works if you need it!

Great Experience!

Pros

I liked having two lines while carrying one cellphone! I liked it being anonymous to the party I was making business with. You choose the number and the area code. Receive messages through the sideline number!

Cons

No cons actually I did not need it after my free trial expired but I will sure use it again if I ever felt the need for a second line.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Not a good second phone line

I wanted to love it, and while it did it's job for the most part, I switched to Google Voice, which while not perfect, is $10/month cheaper.

Pros

I wanted to love this app, I even paid $10 for it after doing research on second lines for my phone, so I didn't have to carry a second phone around for work. That's what I liked about it. It did the job, but barely.

Cons

It was very confusing how the calls entered into my primary phone line's stream, and made it confusing to realize which line they were calling into, so I would often use the wrong line calling out, therefore removing the usefulness of the app to me - to keep my personal information private. There were also glitches in the app where it would freezer or not send texts, I didn't use this more than a year before I cancelled the service.

Hey Jen, Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest experience, though I'm sorry to hear it wasn't a positive one. It seems you've found another service already, but if you have any questions I'm happy to address them through email at support@sideline.com.

A great product to separate work and personal life

Positive - helpful

Pros

Easy to use, helpful and convenient for a busy Mom

Cons

sometimes there can be an echo when talking on the phone

Hey Jennifer, Thank you for your honest appraisal! Feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com if the trouble with the echo persists - they should be able to get it resolved for you.

This is awful

I feel this was a money making scheme to begin with, the service is not great at all, there are definite issues with the software, which was fine to deal with when it is free. There is no customer service department... good luck!

Pros

I like the fact that you can have an additional phone number on your mobile number.

Cons

when I signed up it was free. I was using it for two years, I gave all my customers that number, then Sideline decided to start charging for their service. How could I change my business number now and let EVERYONE know?

Good When Used For The Right Reasons

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate. The layout is intuitive and the process to obtain a number is simple.

Cons

It can be highly misused/abused by others who continuously create new phone numbers to harass others that have blocked them. Better safeguards should be in place to prevent this.

Hey Kenneth, Thanks for reaching out. Sideline does actively work to combat misuse and abuse of our services. However, if you're being harassed by a Sideline number, please report it to support@sideline.com so that we can disable the number and block you from receiving any additional harassing communications. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Great for side business

Considering this product is free, it has great features. I use it to run my part-time business, that doesn't warrant another line.

Pros

Cheap and easy to use.

Cons

Calls and texts don't always come/go through. Slightly unreliable.

An affordable and easy solution to having a dedicated business number

Pros

You don't need a separate phone or dedicated hardline, and it makes it easy to distinguish incoming calls.

Cons

Probably only a good solution if you're a small business owner or sole proprietor, otherwise a dedicated phone line and answering system would be more practical.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience and feedback, Jamey!

My go to choice for adding a 2nd phone number to my phone.

They provide me an exclusive phone number for my business on my existing phone so that I don't have to carry and 2nd.

Pros

Sideline seemed like the obvious choice for me when I reviewed a few options for having a 2nd phone number for my business. I wanted to use the same phone for both my personal and business number and Sideline works seamlessly for me on my iPhone in that way. Was very easy to set up and configure, and I have had no issues with using it whatsoever.

Cons

Not reliable enough for business

Pros

Customer support is good, though problems keep cropping up.

Cons

Delayed or lost voicemails. Customers complain they can not leave voicemail consistently. Missed calls with voicemail of call arriving much later.

Hey Nicholas, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! If you have any additional trouble, please feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com and we'll be happy to assist you.

They lie it is not ad free even when you pay

was good, now bad

Pros

it works, but so do others if their ads continue I will have no choice but to cancel

Cons

They lie it is not ad free even when you pay, just talked to support they told me that sideline ads will continue from them even if you pay for the account

Thought I had free version

Pros

Cons

Had to pay for what I thought was a free version. again as I said voice quality call and nothing about this app is superior to the ones that I am actually found out there that are truly free.

Keeps me safe with a second, anonymous phone number!

Pros

It was extremely easy to download the app and get it connected to my phone, and it was a breeze to set up!

Cons

Nothing - it worked perfectly and I didn't run into any issues using the app on my phone!

Thanks for sharing, Tim!

Great Second Number

I use Sideline on my personal cell phone in order to have two numbers on one phone. This allows me to accept calls on my second number for the non-profit organization I am a part of. This keeps my personal life and work life separated and makes it easy to identify who is calling me. This saves me from having to carry two phones with me at all times.

Communication

It’s easy to use, safe, and well organized

Pros

It’s easy to use and I feel safer having a number I can use through the app to give to my clients to contact me

Cons

I haven’t used the app for too long yet, but I would say so far, I like everything I’ve seen in terms of features in Sideline

Thanks for sharing, Elleywe're so glad to hear that you're enjoying Sideline!

Really great small business phone number services

Im a small business and always on the go. I wanted a way to seperate business calls from personal and this is a great way to do it. I get a separate phone number that rings to my cell phone and the graphics on the home screen tell me its a business call. Its been awesome so far.

Sideline Review

Pros

I used to love Sideline. It came in handy to use if I didn’t want to use my real phone number.

Cons

Only con is when they stopped the free version completely.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Customer service is the absolute worst. Go somewhere else for your own sanity!

Pros

Con outweighs any pro. If customer service was better I would rate this probable 4 but it is terrible to say the least.

Cons

Worst customer service I have ever found! Cannot contact anyone via phone and no response via email. My business needs customer support

Frustrated with sideline

My first concern I can never speak to anybody. I'm not great at texting email I'm 68 years old and the internet computers are not very easy for me. I'm an old fashion guy got involved with sideline. I thought this was going to be easy I get numbers that I had received on Google. Big mistake I was told. The number googol a very long time to reroute my first original number. I want to upgrade premium. Not feeling comfortable about using my credit card over the internet. I was under the impression that would added to my Verizon bill. How do I do that I cannot figure out. Very frustrating Harold

Pros

Two numbers on One phone

Cons

Not very easy to understand how to use it

Buisness number

I've realized its easier to use than to carry two phones around everywhere

Pros

I could use my same personal phone with a buisness line that way I didn't need two phones.

Cons

The voice line some applications won't except your number if its a voip line .

Thanks for your feedback, Stephen!