SMTP2GO Reviews

4.88/5 (103 reviews)

Dimitri Constantopoulos

Perfect mail relay

Reviewed 2019-05-14

I started using SMTP2GO as my customers starting moving to fibre providers that did not offer an SMTP relay server. Then as customers started moving to MS365 we always had issues integrating scanners and applications that sent email notifications. Although 365 does provide these relay options it is usually a pain to setup and some scanners did not have the required options available in their config. With SMTP2GO there is no guessing involved. 1 minute to setup and works every time. Whenever I add a new customer, within days their support team will contact me if they pick up any issues with my mail server configuration and provide info on how to prevent backscatter or if they pickup my customer is mail bombing. The final big plus in my opinion is that they care about keeping the internet "clean" and not chasing the money by allowing users to send as many emails as possible. I use the dashboard to track down email delivery problems and can get a quick view on the big users. Every single aspect of SMTP2GO is perfect for my needs. SMTP2GO is one of my few service providers that make a huge difference in my job as an IT professional.

Pros
Dashboard for tracking and troubleshooting mail delivery. Ease of use.

Cons
Zero cons. Honestly, this service does exactly everything I need.

Anonymous

easy to use and reliable.

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Using SMTP2Go to solve what was an ongoing headache for my clients with Emails not being delivered due to mis-blacklisted IP addresses where ISP / Hosts share IP's between clients this software has released my time and it worth every penny - in the lats year I have not had to track down a mistaken RBL listings once where as previously this was a monthly occurrence for some co-hosted clients. but every time I move a client over to use SMTP2Go the support overhead vanishes in this respect because it just works, I could not recomend highly enough.

Pros
the web-based interface, and ease of integration made this the natural choice long term - having had problems a with my IPS and hosting company getting shared IP address listed on DNSBL or RBL lists and spending allot of time doing de-listing because of other peoples mistakes rerouting via SMTP2GO made perfect sense, I tried the free package and while this would suffice for 90% of the time I don;t mind paying what is realistically a small fee for piece of mind - my clients don't notice and mail gets delivered.

Cons
As yet I have found no drawbacks, I can't fault the interface or the service.

Steve Pettitt

Powerful SMTP services without the headache!

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
SMTP2GO gave us a simple solution to enable web applications hosted within our own network, so send emails from .NET pages easily. It removed the overheads in setting up and maintaining local email services, plus allowed us to keep our own server IP's away from blacklists - especially useful when providing shared hosting space to many different customers! The web dashboard for SMTP2GO provides simple configuration and online reporting and usgae stats, plus provdes simple logging of mails, deliveries and failures.

Cons
TBH, nothing - it just works! SMTP2GO provide fast reliabel support and there is a wealth of information online to get you sorted, IF you get issues.

SMTP2GO - Well rounded, easy to use MTA service

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Our main client is a animal welfare NGO. They have experienced some issues in balancing service quality with budget. Some of the test/ support features that a fully commercial operation might have access to have yet to happen. Rick - our usual support person has done a really wonderful job of getting us through a few roadblocks Hope the team feels our appreciation

Pros
The main things: * Outstanding service quality * Heavy commitment to quality customer support * Smooth considerate and competent handling of a variety of mission critical incidents * Easy memorable setup process * Caters for a wide range of end user use cases * Adequate metrics -- easy to use and not over complicated

Cons
We're in New Zealand. Sometimes the backend load is a bit slow

Toby Wells

Reliable SMTP Relay

Reviewed 2019-01-09

As we removed internal mail server we discovered issues with Office 365 mail relay for legacy systems and those that could generate high volumes of alerts. SMTP2Go resolves this and gives us the ability to get anything to mail relay from wherever is it based

Pros
Really simple to setup and use. Great solution for legacy devices like older Multifunction printer/copiers, old payroll system that wouldnt talk to Office365 and for bulk alerts from comms room temp sensors, backup apps and building management. Allows us to whitelist source IPs or use usernames/passwords for sites without a static IP. Reporting dashboard makes it easy to troubleshoot delivery issues.

Cons
Cant really think of anything. Havent had a single issue

Luis de Avendaño

The only company that would provide the service we need

Reviewed 2019-01-29

We have spikes in our emailing that most other providers could not accept. As a school we send out regular reports to parents and these have always been sent by one user as fast as the system could produce them. We may have 2,000 emails going out from the server at regular intervals very quickly and no other smtp service would accept this as it looked like spam to them.

Pros
What we need was a service that would not impose limits on emails per user or per hour. With SMTP2go we simply set a monthly maximum for the whole school.

Cons
My only complaint, and I'm told it may be addressed in future, is that I cannot set a common footer for every user. The footers have to be set individually for each user, which is a chore when the footer has to be changed.

Philip Kahn

A reliable solution for problems sending e-mail

Reviewed 2019-05-15

I previously used the SMTP servers from my web host and my ISP and both would have occasional but annoying problems; I would send e-mails to certain recipients that wouldn't arrive. When this happened the companies would blame other people and be generally unhelpful. With SMTP2GO, I never have any problems and can trace everything.

Pros
It is easy to set up and provides excellent and complete reports. Also the company is the most responsive provider I deal with. Any e-mails to them are responded to by a human within minutes.

Cons
Ideally, my ISP or web hosts should provide a better service and I shouldn't need to pay extra for SMTP2GO. But since I made the choice, sending e-mail has been flawless and so I consider it to be worth the money.

service is impeccable!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

our ISP didn't provide an SMTP server with any reliability. our emails stopped going out and as our business is very much email driven it was vital to find a service provider that would be beyond reproach. Success was received once we were given a referral to smtp20 by our software providers. The referral proved to be perfect, and we have not looked back once since moving to smtp2go and nor will we. The very small issues regarding billing and service that we have had, were rectified immediately with 0 down time and superb & expeditious customer service.

Pros
No down time, superior service and communication is awesome!

Cons
my con for the software would only be price. I don't find it unreasonable but if i have to provide a negative, then this would be the only thing i could think of.

Christophe Gilabert

Perfect Tool

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I am very datacentric. I am CEO and old programmer at the same time. So I like to drive the company by data, and I push all the company to drive their services by data. So I did some programs which daily extract data in the ERP, compile these datas, write the data in XL and send XL to the approriate users via email. Previously I did it with a classic SMTP, and as there were too many emails, the smtp servers banned me for abuse detection. So a lot of time lost to reset, to reconfigure.... Since SMTP2Go, nothing to do, work smoothly.

Pros
What I like the most, is that it is invisible. It works all the time. I send 20.000 / months. Smooth, no issues. It is easy to set-up, easy to program in any language. I use VBA or VBScript, so easy.

Cons
I do not know. I didn't have any issues. I hope, the company and this service will remain active for a long time. You never know who purchase who.

Matt Mastracci

Excellent SMTP service

Reviewed 2019-01-22

I've used SMTP2GO as a way to improve my domain's email deliverability (for standard email messing) and it's been very effective in that regard.

Pros
Setup was easy, supported DKIM and SPF out of the box and basically "just worked". Deliverability through SMTP2GO is better than Google for individuals as your actual sending IP is masked. I was having issue with my Google Domain until I switched here and have been here since. Would recommend the service for smaller senders (like me) or larger senders that need to deliver larger amounts.

Cons
None. Support was fast when I thought I had a DKIM issue at the start, no issues since.

Ian Skinner

SMTP2GO for reliable email delivery

Reviewed 2019-03-05

I started using SMTP2GO when my ISP's shared server I use to host my website wasn't getting emails through to the users. It turned out that the server appeared on various blacklists and it's reputation was not being maintained by the ISP. I switched to SMTP2GO and have never looked back. Emails are delivered reliably and with ease, and the comprehensive reporting allows me to troubleshoot in the event that email isn't delivered for some reason.

Pros
The fact that my email is delivered reliably, while I don't have to worry about maintaining the reputation of my outgoing email server.

Cons
I don't really have any least liked things; the product just works once set up properly.

John Byers

Ironic Timing for a review request

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Up to the above issue we have had no issues

Pros
Easy to set up and maintain Reasonable cost

Cons
Ironically we have recently received several emails from SMTP2GO regarding a scam email. We did have a legitimate change in our credit card info and received an email requesting to update and we did so. It has left us feeling uneasy and concerned our credit card may be compromised. We attempted to call customer support and it rang and rang without answer. We are monitoring our card and uneasy about attempting to log into our account.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

James Waddell

A simply solution to sending as many emails as you want. Side step ISP email limitations.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Overcoming ISP email monthly and daily limitations at a modest cost. Not more I can say to that is there?

Pros
No limits on the number of emails you can send from your email client. Overcomes the email limitations of many ISPs. Good metrics and support if there are issue with blacklisting. They are strict that only opt-in listsare used and that there are clear opt-out instructions.

Cons
Nothing. It does what it says on the tin. Sometimes there can be issues with blacklisting, but support always are responsive and help fix the issue quickly.

Hartley Hyman

We couldn't send outgoing emails with our ERP software / or scanner before using SMTP2G0

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
SMTP2G0 cured our issues of not being able to get outgoing emails from ERP software or scanner to send. once we setup SMTP2GO our emails have not had any outgoing issues since. We were trying to resolve these sending issues with ERP software company, email hosting company, outside IT provider, and internet provider. No one could resolve, but once SMTP2GO was suggested by another user, boom, our issues were resolved.

Cons
I have no cons to report on - we are very happy with SMTP2GO!

Vance Chung

Use SMTP2GO for our mass email systems. They do a great job and we get all the reports we need.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Being able to use email marketing which is essential.

Pros
The simplicity and how easy it is to use their services. Mass emails are essential and they help make sure everything is sent. I also like their dashboard and being able to see everything in the website.

Cons
Not really too much. At most the set-up in the beginning was slightly difficult. But that comes with most of these types of services. Also, upgrading the services, I haven't been notified or communicated on any new updates they have done to improve their product.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Nicholas Coad

Our internet connection is bad, so we're glad SMTP2GO is so good

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Everything is great with SMTP2GO.

Pros
We use SMTP2GO as a solution to a bad internet connection. Because of our industry, we need to host our own email servers. However people trying to email us often ended up getting bounces and undeliverables while our internet was down or flakey. The solution is to relay our email through SMTP2GO. They accept our email and hold it for delivery when we're back up and ready to receive.

Cons
I really don't have any complaints to be honest.

John Brendle

SMTP2GO has been my go to for out bound email delivery for years.

Reviewed 2019-01-23

With large copiers being used for scanning becoming the norm, I have used SMTP2GO to resolve issues that the tech delivering the machine could not get the scanning to work consistantly

Pros
I have only had to call tech support once over the 5 plus years I have used the service. The call was quick and my issue was resolved very quickly. There are very detailed reports that can be tweaked to you needs.

Cons
No Complaints. The one call I had to tech support was resolved so quickly I don't even remember what it was.

Anonymous

Does what it says on the tin!

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Excellent, they are fast to respond to queries, alert you to any problems and best of all seem to continually invest in the platform

Pros
Smtp2go is a simple & easy to use product that is packed full of features making IT admin nice and easy.

Cons
The only thing I can think of (and it took me a while) is probably down to the policies as opposed to the software it’s self, such as the dislike to people using autoforwarding of emails - but this may be just my understanding as to how it should work

Jason Langsner

Our organization is a heavy user for SMTP2Go to process thousands of messages.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

BIPAC would not be able to do business without SMTP2Go. If we had to switch to another vendor it would require a significant time expense to have our developers rebuild applications and then to create the level of analytics provided by your platform.

Pros
Great analytics and openness of the platform. It provides us a lot of intelligence for how our messages are sent to companies and government officials.

Cons
It seems expensive for our monthly contract as compared to other solutions in the marketplace (e.g. mailgun).

Ken Richardson

No drama, ever!

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Pros
Have found SMTP2GO extremely reliable and have never experienced any issues with the service. email delivery. User interface is simply, clear and easy to use. There is a good level of detail available in the log files that is useful in tracking email delivery issues.

Cons
Only minor request would be to have the option to retain email logs for up to 12 months. This is functionality I would be happy to be a small additional charge for access to.

Lars Grijsen

SMTP2GO as a worry free mail service

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I experienced problems with sending mail from my own server. Often they didn't arrive. Therefore I wanted to have a solid worry-free, reliable solution for sending mail instead of configuring and maintain a smtp-server myself. The quality is very good for the prices. I would recommend SMPT2GO to everyone.

Pros
I like the ease of adding new users in a very short time. The multiple ports and protocols are a big pro. Also the stats / reports are nice to have.

Cons
You cannot assign a webhook to a single user.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tim Troy

Sends our emails exactly as expected.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Pros
Decent reporting so I can see who is sending how much mail. I am able to generate spreadsheets over whatever time period is relevant that show who send mail to who with what subject line at what time.

Cons
Stop emailing me about SFP configurations. One of the people in our SFP record has theirs configured to be more wide-open than SMTP2GO likes, so it harasses me about it weekly, but I can't make that other company change their record.

Excellent Value

Reviewed 2019-05-14

We're using their outgoing mail server service. It's flawless and a life saver. We look forward to growing our business with them in the future.

Pros
SMTP2GO has been reliable, straightforward with billing, and responsive to my issues. Their pricing is also flexible for lulls and surges of service requirements.

Cons
No complaints. Honest! It works. It's fairly priced. ...and they are there when I need them. One minor con... Their summary reporting of email status isn't ideal for large deliveries. I believe they could use a redesign. I'm sure they know it and are probably working on one.

Giovanni Della Valle

Very good Service

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I solve the problem to configure the email once and mantain it always working even if we change service provider. From the business point of view, it means the possibility to easly manage requests, messages, wherever I'm and with any provider.

Pros
The capability to be use my email account on my laptop, mobile, table wherever in the world without to change any configuration.

Cons
Nothing, I found the service easy to set up, and easy to use.

John Melloche

I have been using smtp2go for many years now. Has been a great service.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

I provide SMTP solutions to many of my key customers in an effort to ensure inbox delivery.

Pros
Simplicity and they do not charge me for each smtp user is a huge plus. I love how they recently made it easy to manage my approved sending domains and testing the configuration within their panel. Up time is great.

Cons
Sometimes negotiations on TLS is slower than I would hope, but then i just use SSL. No complaints really.