SugarSync Reviews

4.21/5 (39 reviews)

Scott Friend

SugarSync has by-far been the most reliable file-sync program I have used to date.

Reviewed 2018-05-05

SugarSync allows me to easily syncronize files between all of my computers without having to move them from their original locations into a central folder.

Pros
The biggest feature of this program, and the one I admire the most, is the ability to sync files and folders anywhere on the computer without having to move them to a specific folder. All the other systems require you to move your data into a specific folder they create, but SugarSync allows you to right click on any file/folder on your computer (including network drives and external drives) and choose to sync the right where they stand. I also like their new backup copy feature that maintains an extra copy of whatever folders you want for safety and versioning changes.

Cons
The price is the worst part of this program - it is far more expensive than any other program like it that I have ever used, and each year I am forced to think hard on whether or not I want to renew them or not. They are at least 5 times more expensive than their closest competitor, and the only justification is syncing files/folder where they sit.

Anonymous

SugarSync offers the folder specific syncing that very few others do.

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Pros
Pretty much what it claims to do is what I like best about it. It's like being asked "What do you like best about a back scratcher?" It scratches my back! This software syncs my files and it does do allowing me to select the folders I want, which allows me to keep my computers set up in the folder structure that I want. (Most others, like Dropbox, which I also like and use, but for different reasons , make you use their folder.)

Cons
Once in a while there is a hiccup and the sync stops working properly for a certain folder. That can be a little nerve wracking to fix, but for the most part, it's a time saver. I also don't like that they went from freemium to pay only at one point; it's not that it wasn't worth it, but it always feels a little sneaky when you become reliant on something and then you're almost "forced" to keep going with it.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jenna Iselin

Great file sharing solution

Reviewed 2018-12-08

Overall, this is a wonderful solution for SMBs to efficiently share files without investing in a complicated enterprise solution that requires IT setup and maintenance.

Pros
The best thing about this software is that I can download the shared folder and sync locally so I don't HAVE to use the web app if I don't want to. I can drag and drop files and sub folders on my desktop and still sync with the cloud.

Cons
One team member in particular can't delete anything, files and folders she deletes keeps reappearing. We think this is because the version we have is older and not supported anymore, honestly. We have it as a legacy and they don't sell it anymore. I don't believe the newer versions have this issue.

Anonymous

Love it but have to troubleshoot regularly

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Really love that I don't have to check files in/out when I work on them. If another user is editing a document in parallel, the SugarSync system saves both versions. Wish it were more reliable.

Pros
Platform is ideal for a small business with a handful of remote users. Files are synced in the cloud and duplicated on a user's hard drive.

Cons
Occasionally it just stops syncing files. Usually I discover this when I'm in the middle of collaborating with a team member or working on a critical document. It is frustrating to have to reboot or refresh which usually fixes the problem but not always.

Anonymous

Great features to sync and backup files in the cloud

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Overall, I love using this software to back up and share my files with others. It was easy to use and has features that other competitors didn't have.

Pros
Sugarsync is easy to use and configure so it's accessible on all devices. Love how you can choose specific folders to sync and backup.

Cons
Over the years the price of the plans have gone up compare to other competitors like Dropbox and Google Drive.

Blaine Merriett

Very nice file sync program.

Reviewed 2018-09-02

Overall we are very happy with sugarsync.

Pros
What i think sets SugarSync apart from other file sync programs is that you can chose to sync any file or folder on your computer. You don't have to change your file structure or drop files in a certain spot to sync.

Cons
I would like the ability to access and restore files of other users in our company account. It would help with support of some users.

Amanda Dominique

Decent resource for multiple users

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Pros
My group has been using this as a repository for file sharing for many years. The app allows us to easily access files on the go. Files and folders can be renamed with ease.

Cons
When a new file is uploaded the date does not change to the most recent date. Moving files is a bit cumbersome as there is no ability to drag and drop to move files among folders.

Stephan Koenig

Runs great, could use a few more features

Reviewed 2018-08-29

It is a great product, support does a lowsy job.

Pros
I can keep my own folder structure. I share folders with my family and they also can keep their structure. All is synchronized. We use Notebooks, so a normal server would not work when we are traveling.

Cons
No option to syncronisze network drives (NAS etc) Iphone App picture sync totally buggy and unreliable.

Samantha Crawford

Love sugarsync for 2 way syncing of files

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Love its usability and how it backs up all my files!

Pros
I have been using sugarsync for over 5 years and I absolutely love it! My files are backup automatically to the cloud and I can select which folders are backed up automatically and can even change this on multiple devices. I backup my cellphone, laptop and tablet with it and have never lost anything!

Marcos Glucksmann

A great way to share files and keep them always updated, anywhere, anytime!

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
In addition to all the features that usually present this type of tools, such as a synchronization folder, share with collaborators, etc. This application allows backups and automatic synchronizations on all devices. Even upload files vía email. Additionally, you can save backup copies of your file structures to prevent accidental fatalities!

Cons
The bad thing, unlike similar ones, is that you can not edit the files online. You can edit them through a program on your computer, but as soon as the file is saved, it can be updated immediately and automatically in all the folders in which it is located. At least that's what they have ...

Bud Hartley

Sync across multiple machines

Reviewed 2018-02-22

The ability to access and change a file from multiple systems and have the change propagated to multiple locations.

Pros
The interface is almost intuitive. The program keeps files (and folders) completely in Sync across Windows and MAC systems. Changes on one system appear on others. The Sync can be set so only certain folders are on a given system.

This Software Has Stopped Working with the Latest MacOS

Reviewed 2019-10-14

It had served me well for a long time, although things always seemed a little on the verge of breaking down. Usually it didn't. Now it doesn't work at all. The customer support team are trying and are nice, but they are just being fed lines from their developers and can't offer any information about when an update will be available. What they are relaying indicates that the problem was on the verge of being fixed, but that line has continued to be served up.

Pros
I liked that you can select the folders that you want to sync, back when the software used to work. It used to be a decent product and serve a role in the syncing world that other software didn't.

Cons
It occasionally would get buggy and there would be a need a few times a year to get on the phone with customer service and resolve new issues. But most of all, it is completely useless to me now because it no longer works with the latest MacOS. Mac pushes their users to update frequently to the latest, safest OS. There is no way anyone should not upgrade because they want to keep using SugarSync.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Dan Nguyen

A Hidden Gem

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Pros
I really like how I can right click a file a create a public link. Other software requires to go into the website a get a link, which is many more steps. I also really like the versioning

Cons
I wish it had more integrations to other software.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Easy to Setup, Cheap Backup Solution

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
It was super easy to setup, allows backing up of existing folders (as opposed to Box.com or Dropbox). We really like the version history.

Cons
I didn't find anything that we really disliked about SugarSync. It did everything we were looking for and more.

SugarSync Review

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
Our team loves the flexibility that SugarSync gives us to quickly and easily share documents with each other.

Cons
Occasionally, we run into syncing issues, even when all of us have the desktop app open and the SugarSync icon is green.

Sanel Puthiyath

SugarSync - A Very Useful Cloud Service

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Better for personal use than business usage.

Pros
Very easy to use. Great desktop and mobile environments. Able to share files easily.

Cons
Pricey for a lack of advanced collaboration features.

Yvonne Thomas

Reviewed 2019-08-16

Great way to securely share files with coworkers or clients.

Pros
It is easy to share and access files securely.

Cons
It isn't supported for use with a server.

Jeremy Aho

Was perfect, now not functioning well

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Pros
Can sync any folder, customizable by device. The ability to sync multiple devices across platforms is great, including mobile for true access anywhere. Copy public link is a great, easy way to send a file to someone.

Cons
Lately, the desktop app hogs tons of resources and seems like it's constantly using 30 or more % processor. While it wasn't always this way, it's not completely reliable in terms of keeping files synced- I've had issues with file versions getting mixed up after thinking/expecting they were in sync. This requires a app exit and restart to re-trigger the syncing process.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Md Muhibbul Chowdhury

SugarSync Review

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-22

Overall, SugarSync is a good cloud service to share files with automated notifications setup within a group that makes the communication and sharing easier.

Pros
1) Very good cloud file sharing service with user friendly interface that has industry standard features to be used either for an organization or specific group or individual use cases. 2) Probably little better in price comparison compared to other cloud file sharing services as per experience. 3) Able to add any user with different roles and permissions without any issue.

Cons
It's not free and trial version probably has some limitations. In addition, files will be removed after certain times of inactivity and may not be able to recover.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-31

This software is reliable and versatile in allowing synchronization with only selected folders.

Pros
Very easy to use and share files easily. Great desktop and mobile environments. Works across multiple platforms including Windows, Macintosh, OIS, & Android.

Cons
It isn't supported for use with a server and can be cumbersome with many users. Somewhat pricey compared to other applications.

Alaina Davis

Great cloud file-sharing!

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Sugar Sync's quick file storing and sharing software is a must-have for any business.

Pros
The SugarSync app is great to keep files organized and file share with a team of employees. Keeping files on a cloud base software saves from storing larger files on our computers.

Cons
Sugar Sync seems to require an update every week or two that takes a very long time to complete. Most of the time, we just update before we leave for the day.

Camila Alvarez Ayala

It seems to me an extremely useful tool!

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Pros
I have been using this tool very recently because I met it a short time ago, however, it seems too useful! You can synchronize the files to the cloud without having to have them in a very specific folder, you can also do it from wherever and whenever!

Cons
One of the few things that plays this great tool is its price, I think it is a bit high, however, if you are a person who wants everything to be in the cloud for more protection, in the end you will end up looking for the best quality and ease.

Andrew Rayhons

Perfect cloud based storage application for home users. Uploading by email is a nice feature

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-05-14

Pros
The ability to backup literally anything is nice. You can upload files by email directly to your cloud storage with no file size limit. Setting permissions on the files is easy to do, and they give you a good amount of storage to start with.

Cons
Used to be a free service, now you have to pay for your storage. Cost is relatively cheap, but I lost access to files when I decided not to pay my subscription. Be sure to always have a local backup copy of your data!

N. Jordan Luster

File-syncing and backup across entire sales team

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Pros
Easy way to share sales resources documents in a place where everyone on sales team can access and upload edits.

Cons
Organization can be somewhat cumbersome with so many users

Jason Bedell

Solid product that got the job done

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
I liked the ease of setting up everything. The online tutorial I found was super helpful and had everything done pretty quickly.

Cons
Ultimately, it didn't play nice with some of the other programs we were using. We found another solution that integrates well, but I would still recommend it if someone asked.