TextUs

SMS platform for sales, recruiting & customer service teams

TextUs Reviews

Pros

Also, the customer service has always been fantastic. Even after making the switch to Next Textus, customer service has really been fantastic (thankfully, that didn't change).

Shannon F.

Dan T.

Overall, TextUs is perfect for the users looking for a software that is less complicated yet useful functionalities. It is simply useful simple software.

Bienvenido G.

Cons

If you selected the wrong number that you wanted, you couldn't go back and you were stuck with it for the duration.

Ash-Lee J.

It is ridiculous, even though it is meant for serious business people.

The app was difficult to track for metrics as it did not communicate with our internal CRM at the time.

Effective & easy product for recruiting in the staffing industry & Tech Support is ALWAYS helpful

Pros

The text blasts - Accessing so many people at 1 time. Customer Service - They are always available really quickly through a chat feature and guide me on how to fix an issue OR answer a simple question. They're also really friendly. Features - scheduling texts for the future, personalizing messages in blasts to include first name of contact, analytics to review it's effectiveness. Just awesome.

Cons

I can't write more than 140 characters in a text blast and the personalized first name feature takes up 22 of those characters. Sending too many blasts in 1 day or at a time delays our messages from being received immediately, but that may have to do more with the cell phone providers than textus.

Game Changer

Identifying text-able numbers and engaging with candidates in their preferred method has increased our candidate satisfaction and retention. The ease of the platform's use has also made training efficient with tutorials and examples abundant for end-users to educate themselves on best practice, tips and tools to help them reach their sales goals.

Pros

The support team is, by far and away, one of the best I've encountered when developing our tech stack. They are always prompt and communicative, no matter which representative you get! We've been working with the new TextUs Next platform since January and could not be happier with our results. Our scalability and volume have never been greater and TextUs has been an integral part in facilitating more responsive, customer-centric communication. The ease of deployment for one or several users is just a quick support chat away. Could not be happier with the product and what is has done for our business.

Cons

The development of 'groups' could stand a bit more attention to facilitate an easier end-user experience. However, this is a VERY minute detail for a newer development of the platform. Like everything else with TextUs, it will only get better with time!

Great for Recruiting!

Overall, TextUs makes my job a lot easier and is an essential part of my day

Pros

I like that I can use my work phone rather than my personal number to text my candidates. I set up almost all my conversations through text and it's one of the main forms of communication I have with candidates. Plus, I have the app and can quickly access it anywhere!

Cons

The extension is slow to load a lot of the times which slows down my day, and sometimes doesn't open at all.

Do not change to Next Textus if currently using Textus

LOVED the standard Textus. Don't "upgrade" unless there are specific features you are looking for that Next Textus provides. For ease of use and multiple users, Next Textus doesn't come anywhere near the great experience we ALWAYS had with the standard Textus. It is far more time consuming now that they made it "individualized".. I wish they had the option to go back, whereas with my company that is the decision they made, but would be great if it weren't "all or nothing". I think it's great if you are an individual user having individual conversations that only you are reading and answering, but if you are in an environment where everyone in the office can and does answer incoming texts (for better response time and customer service), it is simply frustrating now.

Pros

I loved Textus because it was so user friendly and everyone in my office could jump in and see each conversation and make sure that we were giving the correct information. Also, the customer service has always been fantastic. Even after making the switch to Next Textus, customer service has really been fantastic (thankfully, that didn't change)

Cons

They took something that was sooooo user friendly and easy and made it far too time consuming and with virtually zero ease of use. I can see if they were trying to make conversations more private, but now half of my office doesn't know what anyone else is doing unless they change their parameters to open and if someone responds, you have to know where to look and it doesn't update and kicks you off the mobile app, that never had issues (that we knew of)

Love it

overall its good.Specially in my line of work which is recruitment, it plays a major role. it helps to get basic update over text as compare to call again and again to the candidate.

Pros

Its best part is to quick add the number and share any template in a go. also had a good feature to schedule a message which i personally like.

Cons

well is ok but sometime it glitchy and hangs for few second over android but its manageable as mostly it works fine.

Text Us versus Text Us Next

The old Text Us was very user friendly and laid out in a much easier format that just worked for our company. This new TextUs Next has stopped more than half of our employees from using the app as it really is difficult to use. We would love to go back to the original format .

Pros

The ease of setting up and sending out campaigns. This process in now streamlined and very easy to do.

Cons

I do not like how many steps it takes to accomplish looking for a text thread with a contact and how many steps to see if this contact has already been put in the system. I also do not like not knowing if I have messages to read without many steps again.

A must have tool for every recruiter

Easy to communicate with my candidates those who are in a situation where there is call connnectivity issue or somewhere they couldn't talk over the phone. Also, helps as a reminder for interview date/time.

Pros

The best part is the data which show the number of sent/delivered messages and bounced ones.

Cons

Great application doesnt requires any dislikes rather I would suggest to make the mobile app a more user friendly which I later came to know that already you guys are working on it.

IT View Point

Overall TextUs is a great product. It allows us to keep in contact with our client/candidate base easily.

Pros

TextUs is easy to use, set up and deploy. Their customer service is thorough, attentive and FRIENDLY! I appreciate their quick response with any questions. We have been using it for about 2 years, and have yet to experience any major problems or downtime.

Cons

No real dislikes, but I would like the option to add or delete users myself.

Game changer

Fantastic

Pros

Easy to use, increases productivity. This allows you to reach out to others without the hassle of trying to just do it by your phone.

Cons

I find no cons with this product and it's software

Valuable asset for connecting

Pros

Desktop software works well, doesn't refresh as often as the previous version. I have to click on another tab, and back to the tab I want in order to see the latest text that I can see in my notifications.

Cons

The mobile app still needs work -- I frequently have to quit and restart in order to gain functionality.

TextUs is incredibly simple yet useful

Overall, TextUs is perfect for the users looking for a software that is less complicated yet useful functionalities. It is simply useful simple software!

Pros

If you are looking for a texting software that you can easily use and manipulate then TextUs is the answer. TextUs is incredibly simple yet very useful because you don't need any high-end device to install this software. This software is best for sending messages with less complexity. Just type your message and click send on the tip of your fingernails. This is the kind of software that has simple texting capabilities that will satisfy your daily communication needs that also let you open multiple screens on the gadget that you are using.

Cons

I know that this software is designed for simplicity so I don't think it has weaknesses. I love using this simple texting software. As long as I can send and receive a message instantly then I think I'm fine with it. Also, this kind of software consumes less bandwidth and so this is a perfect software for all users.

This review is about the TextUs app and NOT TextUsNext.

I loved the TextUs app and I miss it terribly. We moved to the TextUsNext app and I wish we could go back. TextUs is great in it's simplicity. It always worked as expected. The notification pop ups worked, the email notifications worked, it was everything I could have asked for! We used it every day for simple single user texts but also for mass-texting every now and then. The ability to tag and group people by industry or customer was awesome and made it easy to message multiple people for generic messages.

Pros

I loved the ease of use of the TextUs app the most. You can have multiple text windows open at the same time if you need to carry on multiple conversations throughout the day.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that we weren't able to block numbers. The other thing I don't like is that I can't go back to it now that we're using the TextUsNext app which no one in the office likes including myself.

TextUs is a game changer

Phone tag - everyone hates it - with TextUs, it's great to be able to send someone a text to coordinate a good time to chat. We use a text in combination with your standard voicemail and find that people reach back out via text so much more quickly.

Pros

Textus is a great way to get a hold of people so much faster, nowadays people prefer to text for quick items that can easily be addressed in a text. I like that you are able to use your business line instead of personal cell phone. The ease of being able to create templates is great for messages that you send often. The app is great as well to be able to keep texting consistent with your business line. It syncs with our software and automatically documents the text exchange in our system.

Cons

Sometimes the app is a little bit glitchy, and I wish there were a way to put an away message on from the app, but overall a very positive experience.

TextUS

Business problems i am able to solve is getting in touch with individual quicker than sending a email most of the time.

Pros

What I like most about the software is feature offered easy communication option for my clients and other branch locations.

Cons

The feature I like lease about software it does not work if I am text message to client or teammates cell phones .

TextUs Has Been Incredible

Great product with an amazing team behind it. They're always available and always accommodating.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use and works well with our highly customized CRM. More than that though is their support and success team. Wow. They're highly skilled and incredibly attentive people that put our success at the forefront of what they do and we're incredibly grateful to be working with them in a professional capacity.

Cons

There are restrictions on the number of text blasts that are able to be sent per hour, which can create a bottleneck for us at times.

Effective and Easy to use

I use Textus every day for recruiting and managing employees. It allows me to reach large groups of people with minimal effort. It is great for setting up interviews, sending directions, reminders, thank you's, etc. In a time where most people don't pick up their phones, Textus provides an easy effective way to connect with people.

Pros

It allows me to connect with large numbers of potential candidates and current employees without taking up too much time. It helps me be more productive.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software... I do wish that I could send out group broadcasts containing JPGs

Reaching the unreachable

Overall, this application is a game changer for us in communication and reaching out with the right people for the right opportunities.

Pros

1. Using textus for us recuiters, making the imposaible possible. Traditional calling and emailing no longer works, specially with people who is working 2 jobs at a time. So by having a chance to text people, you get to reach out with more candidates and jobless candidates. 2. Integration with the ATS thatos setup with our firm is also a big thing. You get to ensure the accuracy of documentation and interaction with each candidates 3. Get to confirm the effectivity if this tools with the set statistics in the application

Cons

This is not proven, but there were times that candidates claim that they have not received the message.

Next Level Communications

In staffing, the phone call has long been the communications medium of choice. The text message has quickly replaced a call as the most effective method as well and a means of getting a much higher percentage of response from our candidates.

Pros

The admin panel allows us to carry on multiple conversations at the same time without confusion as to which discussion thread you are replying to.

Cons

The user administration is a little lacking but support makes up for this with their rapid response to support tickets.

Simple

Overall it was a fairly good experience however we'd prefer to use our new setup.

Pros

I liked the ability to be able to use software that would allow us to have conversational text messages despite us having a landline.

Cons

TextUs is a fabulous tool!

TextUs was able to quickly adapt to the way my teammates and I reach out to people, and mesh their system with our existing database. The customer service is top notch - responses are immediate to any concern, and generally they have a solution to problems within moments.

Pros

I love the convenience of being able to text using my computer keyboard and having that connect directly with our database. I don't have to waste time copying and pasting my communication notes - TextUs auto-populates my communication in database notes whenever I use it!

Cons

I'd love it if there were a way to combine individual texts into a single "conversation note" in my database.

Quick And Useful

I personally text my candidates when ever they are busy or if they do not receive my emails. This is so quick and reliable you can even send emoticons as well.

Pros

TextUS is very useful messaging and texting software. This could be used for texting the people across the world from virtual number. We can make use of it in our professional life by texting the message on the client's mobile so that they can see that and can revert to us.

Cons

The only drawback is that you need to use this regularly otherwise the number given to you will be lost. Although you can purchase a premium to get save from this issue. Everything is good though.

I have always had a pleasant experience with any customer service representative I have reached.

We get the ability to reach out to anyone in a moments notice.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I love the App. It is effective and easy. In this age of mobile devices texting is about the best way to get anyone quickly. We are able to reach a large number of people with just a little time put in.

Cons

I have no problems to list as a con. It works smoothly and we get no spam from using it. We are completely satisfied from a user stand point.

My thoughts on TextUs

My experieince has been very good overall. Customer Support is excellent and I use TextUs every day

Pros

Easy way to reach the nurses I work with. So I can let them know about new contracts available. In todays world I find texting the best way to reach people, better then the phone or email in most cases.

Cons

Still not happy with the attchments they are to small to read and I have been unable to enlarge them and still read the content

Is TextUs really helpful to recruiters?

I've been using TextUs since I started recruiting and this tool is my bestfriend. Without it i think my recruiting life is incomplete.

Pros

I really like the interface of TextUs it is very easy to use. You can save contacts especially for recruiters like me so that I can track my candidates. It also has a feature where you can send in groups and of course templates to make the recruiters life easier.And of course you can send unlimited text who doesn't want that?

Cons

Nothing really I think this product is perfect.

TEXTUS: Business Texting

Pros

TextUs is one software that makes life a lot easier in terms of sending out text blast. Interface is very easy to use, even your grandmother can use it with almost no training at all required. You can easily send a text blast and not worried about missing a reply. Add to the cool integration with chrome you get notified almost real time in any replies come in which is important for recruiters like me.

Cons

I just wish it allowed more characters for the broadcast feature.