Zoom Workplace Logo

Zoom is an all-in-one collaboration platform

Zoom Workplace Reviews - Page 5

13,866 reviews

MS

Mohammed S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

for effective remote collaboration and remote communication, nothing has worked as well as Zoom

From using zoom to conduct interviews of job applicants, to sharing screens for remote self-troubleshooting, to live broadcast of our events via multiple platforms, zoom has been a very valuable resource to us. It has made communication with field teams much more productive and helped us save considerable time of field monitoring and visits.

Pros

The virtual backgrounds and filters always added a touch of fun to our video conference meetings. In terms of more useful features, there are just too many to choose from, but one of my favorites has been being able to share my presentation slides as my virtual background. Also being able to record meetings and generate near-perfect transcripts saves us a lot of time and money otherwise spent on secretarial services.

Cons

There should be more lower video resolution options available to allow for easier usage in areas with low internet connectivity.

Gal Z.

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Benefits and struggles of a daily user of Zoom

I use Zoom every single day. I used to use it at my previous job as an IT specialist and now i use it with my classmates as a student.

Pros

I have my possible group meetings in contact groups so it is super easy to call everyone at the same time, without having to invite each person individually. We use the screen sharing feature the most, being able to see what the other is doing, to know where the mouse is clicking and in case we need to help, we can control the other person's mouse. What makes zoom different from the other softwares (which isn't a huge deal but clearly makes the difference) is to be able to see the other people in the conference, even when i have another program open. It allows me to work on my project while still being an active member of the meeting with no issues.

Cons

The video quality, compared to other softwares (using the same camera without changing the settings) is lower. When i enter a new meeting, i can choose to have my camera on or not but i can not choose the same for the microphone. When i have a meeting with my classmates and coworkers, i want the microphone on, but when i am joining a class, i do not want to disturb and have my microphone. When i am the host of the meeting, i have to either wait for everyone to join and allow them individually or disable the waiting room manually. On top of that, if i have another program open and zoom minimized, there is no notification (not sound nor visual) that someone is trying to join the meeting, so i have to constantly check until everyone has joined

Omar T.

Translation and Localization, 1-10 employees

Zoom: an expensive version of Skype

My overall experience with Zoom meetings has not been the best. Whether I'm having an audio problem and sound like Darth Vader or whether I cannot pay the full version and my time runs out, Zoom is just a software that can be replaced with at least four other software and for free. I'm not going to tell you not to use it. If you have the money to pay for a full version and you don't experience the same audio problems I have, so, go for it and tell your friends you are able to have video calls in an expensive way, maybe just to feel a little better than them. Which, honestly, you shouldn't.

Pros

I'm going to be very honest. There are several softwares that offer what Zoom offers, but for free. I can't mention any pros over any other software, such as Skype or Microsoft Teams. Don't get me wrong, Zoom is a very cool way to communicate or present a class or conference, as long as you pay a full version. Of course, there is a free-trial version, in which you have a limited amount of time per call, which is a little annoying if you need more time. There is particularly a characteristic that I really enjoy in this software, and that is backgrounds. Of course, this trait is now available on other softwares, but I first enountered it here. So if you enjoy changing backgrounds whil you're in class or during a meeting, just for fun, you'll enjoy Zoom.

Cons

Honestly, Zoom is the rich people's Skype. When I think about it, because my bosses use it for their meetings, I'm like... wait a second... they could have this exact same meeting on Skype and for free... Then I remember... oh well... they just don't know what to do with their money. So yeah. I understand the necessity of different softwares for communication during quarantine, and that teachers and...

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

"Zoom, Our Favorite Business Meeting Place"

Its been a great experience using Zoom. We love it. The waiting room is a good feature, as it allows the host to choose who to admit to the meeting despite them having a link to the meeting. It ensures that no intruders participate in the meeting in the event that the link is accessed by some unintended audience. Our use of Zoom increased during the lockdowns and stay-at-home period due to the Corona Virus and I can foresee it going on even post-pandemic.

Pros

I have had a great experience with Zoom since I started using it. It is easy to learn, deploy and use. The mobile access makes it all the more attractive. One can host or join a meeting from anywhere using their phone. Screen sharing, company branding, cloud storage, and local recording with transcripts are really great features. I love that camera and audio are off when one is joining a meeting and they only turn them on when they are ready to participate. Zoom has really revolutionized the way we do meetings, especially in the last fifteen months when remote working became the norm due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Cons

The only concern I have is on screen sharing, other portions of the screen that you did not intend to share become visible. When working on sensitive information, I will sometimes have to close everything else and only remain with what I intend to share which is too much work. Also, sometimes it can be heavy on the computer but it is manageable.

JW

Joel W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Zoom for Virtual Meetings and Teleconferencing

The pandemic minimized physical meetings. Zoom meetings facilitated the continuity of my business since I could train my students online without a hassle. Again, the free subscription enabled me to grow my business till I could afford to pay for the premium package. Zoom for me, Zoom for you, Zoom for everyone!

Pros

Zoom is one of the most effective software for holding meetings and classes, for tutors, entrepreneurs, freelancers, among other people. As a freelance writer, Zoom Meetings enables me to hold virtual meetings with other writers and discuss important things about the industry trends, effective writing technics, among other things. During such meetings, we can perfectly share screens, files, and texts...

Cons

There are two things I think should be improved. Firstly, the software should be optimized or refined so that it can operate equally well even when the internet speed is a bit slow. Voice breaks are common when the internet speed is low. Secondly, the mobile interface should be made easier to use. It is quite complicated.

Ah

Aaron h.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great Product for Every Day Office Use

Being able to host weekly meetings with all of our staff and volunteers has been so easy with Zoom. We have also used it for interviewing potential candidates. Having the recording feature so that we can go back and listen to the audio or watch the video playback has been crucial to take notes on things we may have missed for candidate interviews or meeting minutes.

Pros

Zoom makes it easy to set up meetings of all kinds, whether it's call conferencing, presentation-style meetings, or just face-to-face chats. Being able to have a standard meeting ID that you can use time and again allows us to easily share the link and password to our participants, rather than having to hunt for the unique link every time.

Cons

The biggest issue we have had with zoom is in its breakout rooms feature for large audiences. The idea is simple and logical, before the event, you can pre-assign individuals based on their email address to specific rooms. We used this feature for our first virtual Gala dinner in September of 2020. We purchased the large audience upgrade as well as the breakout room feature. We set up around 10 rooms...

Steven L.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zoom and The Workplace.

Using proper security software and network configurations you can deter the possibility of leaking company information or delicate subject matter(s). Which when done correctly makes the use of Zoom fun, informative and entertaining as you can use (with the right hardware setup) video for your background without the use of a greenscreen virtual or otherwise I have enjoyed it myself on several occasions.

Pros

The default benefit is that you can do face to face meetings through Zoom. At the same time however, you have the ability to NOT use the camera if you chose not to. A Added bonus is zoom over a phone call through the mobile application edition. You can share your screen with your employee(er) your students, it is easy to walk them through the install on the computer/mac. You can collaborate and share your screens to review and go over Business, or Class lessons or check out projects you or they may be working on.

Cons

Zoom allows users to share the entirety of their computer monitors, or a portion of their monitors, or specific program windows with other users in the same session/meeting. However there have been discussions that for a brief moment, the monitor itself as a whole could be visible a Zoom user sharing the monitor intends that only sections of the monitor to be. That means any user(s) recording the...

JL

Jonathan L.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Saved Our Company

I covered this in the pros section, but overall Zoom has been a pretty stable product to work with. Much better user interface. More novice friendly. Seems less glitchy. As I said before, our proceeds from using Zoom quite literally saved our company from closing during the pandemic.

Pros

Compared to similar products, Zoom was much easier to implement at a higher level. We were able to pivot quickly with the pandemic from solely relying on our teams providing services to being able to take on an educational and consulting role. Zoom was the easiest by far to teach to even the three septuagenarians in the office. We have been using it to teach classes to other companies in our industry, the revenue from which singlehandedly paid several payrolls during the most locked down times of the pandemic.

Cons

While I certainly understand that some compression is necessary to allow it to work on slow connections I do feel that the audio quality is sometimes kinda crummy. Ditto for video quality. I would also love to see integration for external audio processing (VSTs and such) to allow the

Music, 51-200 employees

One of the Best Ways to Meet Virtually

Overall, it's been fantastic. It's incredibly easy to use at a moment's notice, when integrated with Slack you get the option of calling people through either Slack or Zoom, it's typically quite reliable in terms of service, and has helped us maintain a level of connectedness since we moved to working from home last March. I also enjoy the option to pick which locations to include dial-in numbers for on the invite as my company is world-wide. It's been a fantastic platform to conduct meetings from.

Pros

Honestly, I think the functionality is my favorite part of Zoom. It integrates into Slack and Outlook, it's easy to use even for those less tech-savvy, the desktop app is wonderful for reminding you of upcoming meetings and makes it easy to schedule through Outlook, Gmail, or another calendar, and the Zoom settings when in a meeting are easy to use as well. The background options are both very helpful...

Cons

My least favorite aspect is the Outlook plug-in for Zoom. This is just based on my personal preferences, because the functionality itself is great; however, I like the body of invites set up a particular way and do not like how, when using the plug-in, Zoom auto-populates its own invite into the body. This just means that I have to create an invite, schedule through Zoom, and then erase the auto-populated...

Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

Critical tool for my business

Especially during COVID, most of what I needed to do for my business went virtual. I'm having initial consults with clients, reviewing/signing documents, and even doing virtual video tours of homes on this platform. I can't imagine doing business without it. It has become the most commonplace video software. Little to no learning curve.

Pros

I love that Zoom is available on so many different platforms/devices. There are no compatibility issues. Windows, Mac, Iphone, Android, whatever people can use. I love being able to use it from my phone or my computer. I love being able to screenshare and mark up on the screen. Cloud recording is also super helpful.

Cons

I know there were some issues earlier on about data security. I haven't heard much about this, so I'm going to assume it has since been resolved.

Anjan M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

An amazing platform for web conferencing

Overall extremely satisfied with this product - we evaluated Teams and Google meet and this was the winner overall in terms of price, ease of launch and being able to accommodate the large number of users.

Pros

The ease of deployment as well as the integration with Google calendar. It has become very easy to schedule meetings as well as invite attendees from both inside and outside the organization.

Cons

Easier integration with outlook. Currently I find it extremely cumbersome to book zoom meetings with the outlook application especially in my Apple MacBook. This need to be addressed - in my opinion.

AP

Aniket P.

Research, 201-500 employees

From offline meetings to Zoom meetings!

We had to switch to video conferencing classrooms due to the covid-19 pandemic which gave us an opportunity to try out a lot of video conferencing applications. Zoom was simple to use, and offered desktop applications for Windows/Mac/Linux and a web-based platform for easy access to meetings. We could also host a webinar with a large audience using Zoom, making easy knowledge transfer amongst large teams.

Pros

Breakout Rooms. I have never seen this feature in other video conferencing tools. Zoom offers a breakout rooms feature where we would split the participants into small different groups where they could work upon problems together, rather than listen to one instructor in the meeting. This makes interaction in the online classrooms more interesting and facilitates healthy conversation with their peers.

Cons

There's no feature to request desktop control from the users who are sharing their screens. This feature sometimes becomes important when collaborating amongst a team. This feature is also available in other applications, but would be really good if Zoom includes the same.

JK

Julie K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Zoom Not Designed for Education

Zoom Meetings has allowed continuous education for students in all different locations without interruptions which could have such far-reaching capabilities for many locations around the world. However, as mentioned in the review it is designed for adults and meetings and not for continuous all-day "meeting" while working with students so it has many limitations for use in the education field.

Pros

I have been using the Zoom platform to teach for over a year now. The simple fact we can use this platform to connect and educate students in all different locations is a huge plus of the software. There are some pros to the platform such as breakout rooms that allow for small group discussion, a chat feature to allows a stream of conscious thinking from students, and the ability to put timers on breakout rooms as well as broadcast messages. The fact that the software is continually updated is another plus.

Cons

There are SO many limitations to this software while trying to use it with students. The software was clearly meant for an adult work environment with quick meets and not used for all-day instruction so you can imagine it has many many limitations. Probably one of the biggest dislikes is, many schools and students have Chromebooks however not all the functions of Zoom Meetings work on the Chromebooks...

Annie Guo V.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Zoomed Out in this Post-Pandemic World

I work for a virtual company so using Zoom is absolutely critical for the work we do. We jump on Zoom quickly for one on one conversations with teammates. We also host webinars for over 1,000 individuals -- all through Zoom Meetings. Zoom has many functions in addition to sharing your screen, participants can also type messages through the chat box (send directly to each or to everyone), take polls, and annotate the conversation by putting marks/symbols on the screen. At the present moment, I can't think of a new feature that I'd like Zoom Meetings to add. I feel like they've thought of it all!

Pros

I like that Zoom is available for any user with a laptop/computer, tablet or phone. It is downloadable across all of these platforms. I also like that it is free if you are looking for a free video conferencing option for 40 minutes or less. Sharing screen has made it very easy and accessible to work from home/remotely. I used platforms such awe WebEx and Skype before Zoom came into the picture. And by far, Zoom took video conferencing to the next level. It is my preferred software now even though I also frequently use Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Zoom feels the most intuitive and straightforward to me.

Cons

Sometimes Zoom doesn't have the best connection because it takes so much bandwidth to run your video. There have been times I've been kicked off of a meeting and/or people can't hear me or I cut in and out. It's not perfect and it's probably because my internet isn't always the best, but otherwise I have no complaints!

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Reliable product for online meetings

Having been hit by the pandemic, zoom meetings was our rescue. The ministry of health had given a directive that we maintain social distance and also avoid crowded places. To ensure we observed this directive we resolved to work from home. We were able to meet online and carry out our usual meetings with no problem with the help of zoom meetings. Some of our customers also preferred online meetings since it had cut transportation costs to our offices and saved their travel time. The ability to share screens is so fantastic since everybody in the meeting is able to follow what is being presented. One is able to choose between using audio and video when joining meetings.

Pros

Zoom meetings is easy to use. Integrating zoom meetings in our business was not that problematic to us as users in our organization. Some of the features that we found helpful include: 1. Screen sharing. 2. Recording of meeting proceedings for future reference. 3. Ability of the host to mute all meeting attendees to avoid interruptions during the meeting. 4. Chat section for questions and answers.

Cons

We experienced droppings from the meeting especially when our network connectivity was down and when one has limited storage. Sometimes when one drops from the meeting and maybe there were questions and issues raised in the chat section, when he/she joins back he/she cannot retrieve them.

Yann I.

Online Media, self-employed

If you'd like to host any type of virtual meetings, start with Zoom!

I can say without doubts that Zoom Meetings has been my go-to platform for hosting all types of video conferencing calls and its pros definitely outweigh the (couple of) cons.

Pros

I have been using Zoom Meetings for video conferencing calls for years, even before the pandemic hit. There are a few things that, in my opinion, really sets Zoom apart from similar platforms. First of all, there's its connection stability. I have tested quite many other solutions and none has had a stable connection as reliable as Zoom. Additionally, I like the fact that you can host and initiate,...

Cons

While Zoom Meetings is a very solid platform and can be used for recording content too, I have often found that the audio quality of the recordings isn't the greatest... I'm not sure exactly why that's the case but I have noticed this in different contexts in which I , and others, have used Zoom to record video content (e.g. interviews, roundtable conversations, etc.)

CE

Crystal E.

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to use & learn

Not being able to travel or be in close contact with people has been hard for my job but Zoom has changed the way i do training. I can pop in an office in Boise in the morning and one in Lake Chelan in the afternoon. The ability to reach so many people across our footprint within a matter of minutes has be such a huge help!

Pros

I train people for a living and not being able to travel Zoom has been a huge life saver. I love that it is so easy to use and you can even access others computers if they are having trouble. Total game changer for me!

Cons

I wish you could create different templates with different settings. There are times when i want no chat and no Q&A option and others when i do but unless i go in an change those settings prior to scheduling the meeting i cannot undo them. So template options or the ability's to change settings while a meeting is running would be a huge help!

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Zoom Excellence

Zoom has been a rocky road but where it's currently at today I'm very pleased to make the most out of it, on top of all of that I can use it for business or just to keep in touch with relatives especially during this pandemic and it's made a huge difference than the average phone call.

Pros

Great easy to use very reliably, I remember when it first came out it was a little buggy. Since then a few years have passed and gotten more into the business use of it and it just is a game changer you can see the other person in high quality, share your screen, and even set annotation to point things out. amazing! On top of all of that when it comes to business calls are very easy to manage and my clients can access them effortlessly which makes a huge difference since a higher close rate can be credited to face-to-face calls.

Cons

I'm usually very picky but when it comes down to this product I have 0 complaints, does as it promises.

TS

Timothy S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

A teacher's perspective

Overall, I am a fan of the product (even if I am extremely tired of teaching through this medium-I know its temporary). I have used Google Meet (incredibly glitchy and very limited), WEBEX, though admittedly my familiarity is limited here. Zoom tops them all in my book. The embedded tools and ease of use with calendar invited and integration into my Google Suite makes it even easier to use.

Pros

Zoom is an easy application to use and navigate. It allows a host of actions and provides a myraid of controls for the user/account holder. As a teacher, it allows lots of controls for classroom purposes such as control of the chat function, and control of almost all user functions after meeting has started. Of course, within the preferences, you can control much more of the meeting and its users prior to the meeting/session starting. It has become a welcome addtion for distance learning.

Cons

The two primary complaints have to do with the toolbar to do things like annotating a screen/document when sharing a screen or using the whiteboard function. One part of that function makes some sense given what technical aspects. You are basically layering something on top of a document, so if you move the document around on the screen the annotations DO NOT move with the document. This is frustrating...

Olive M.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Zoom Meeting Review

The business problems I have solved using Zoom include the safety of employees and employers amidst the current Covid-19 pandemic. The restriction of travel in order to have an online meeting in the sense of following the WHO protocols amidst the Covid-19 pandemic has saved many lives.

Pros

Zoom has the capacity to hold huge meeting capacities and can be easily supported on Android, iPhone, Mac, iPad, and web platforms. Zoom has impressive features which enable the hosts and participants to effectively participate in the sessions especially the emojis which are required for the meeting interactions. Zoom has clarity of sound and image, the audio and picture quality features can be improved depending on one's personal preference.

Cons

Zoom should make it easier for the main speaker to be the main "character" and the size of the screen for them to be bigger and not to be small like the rest of the attendees in the meeting. Neither the Speaker view nor the Gallery view does this. It is difficult to determine who is speaking. Zoom should have a brief "profiles" option showing the attendees' brief biography and contact information if comfortable sharing as a form of networking. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between display names. The time limit for a meeting time (45 minutes) in one session for non-premium members should be extended.

Josip L.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Work from home in a team with the right tool

Zoom offers us the ability to be flexible in today's modern lifestyle. It has a variety of features and integrations packed in - surveys, webinars, chat, private chat, connecting to the conference using the phone number (something a lot of competitors don't offer but is handy sometimes). Because of its friendliness to the average user and overall quality of video and sound, Zoom is the only choice that has all of the features that we are looking for.

Pros

As said in the title, Zoom is a must-have if you work from home in a team. In the time of epidemics, the noun Zoom has become as popular as the noun Google is nowadays - everyone is using it one way or another. And Zoom deserved this right way. With Zoom everything is simple and easy to use with a nice and simple user interface. Zoom allows you to communicate with your team like a champ. You can create...

Cons

Pricing is somewhat in my opinion overrated if you are planning to use Zoom professionally. It features a free plan but you can have conferences of only 40 mins and with a limited number of participants. Also, sometimes recorded sessions take a long to encode on a local computer but maybe is that because of a little older hardware in my current PC I use Zoom with. I miss the feature to trim cloud recording. Sometimes I or my colleagues start recording a little too early and if they chose cloud recording there is no cloud trim function and then we have to download the replay and trim it manually and then upload it to some other service. Not a big deal but it would be a lot easier with few clicks.

NP

Nadia P.

Photography, self-employed

Best video conferencing available

Overall, really good! Connectivity can get wonky sometimes, but that's probably more to do with internet connections than anything. Like I mentioned, starting a meeting as a host is also a little less intuitive (or I'm just missing something obvious). But other than those things, I find Zoom pleasurable to use and easy.

Pros

Zoom has, by far, been the best video conferencing software I've ever used. It's not perfect, but it's far and away the best in terms of video quality, connectivity, ease of setup, and fun features. What I like most is the intuitive nature of setting up video and audio settings. It's simple to make changes to things like brightness or microphone volume, whereas with other video software I've used, I feel that I usually have to guess and search for those settings.

Cons

Zoom can be wonky in terms of starting a call specifically. For example, for almost every scheduled Zoom meeting that I make, if I try to start the meeting through the app, I somehow always end up in a different room than the one that my invitees are in. So, I usually end up just using the same link that I send to my invitees, which means our meeting usually has no host, but it works so *shrug*. Not ideal, but it's a workaround that hasn't proven to have any cons, so I'll take it.

BD

Bethany D.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Gets the job done!

Very positive! I use Zoom for 4–5 meetings daily, both hosted and attended, and find that it works quite well for the majority.

Pros

At this point, Zoom is universal enough that it's invaluable to be able to suggest a Zoom meeting with a client or even a stranger and know that all parties will easily be able to set up and communicate via the software. That alone is a huge strength! Thank you, Zoom, for normalizing video chat. The desktop interface is also very intuitive, which is a great plus. Setting up, joining, and leaving meetings is very straightforward, as is chatting nonverbally in the sidebar. Since these are the features most of my clients use most often, that's a win in my book! On a personal note, I also greatly appreciate the new reactions feature. It's a great way for a larger group to participate and weigh in on a conversation without verbally distracting from what's being discussed.

Cons

Additional mute controls would be wonderful—the ability for a host to mute all if desired would help avoid the need for an additional admit moderating big calls. More importantly, though, I feel the phone interface leaves a lot to be desired. Flipping screen to screen to access features is confusing, and often this leads to clients who have joined a call via mobile feeling frustrated or embarrassed by tech snafus. Along those lines, I feel that the decision to switch the ability to offer a dial-in number to paid-only plans was a mistake. Until the Zoom app is accessible and easy to use, dialing in is by far the most straightforward way for mobile users to join a Zoom meeting.

Brent W P.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great software but a resource hog on computers

My experience with Zoom has been positive and nearly all users are able to use the software for our meetings. This has not always been the case with competitors where you have to fiddle around for 5-10 minutes trying to get your local software to work.

Pros

We use both Zoom for meetings and Zoom for phones. The meetings software has been fantastic for years now, but in the last couple of years it has become heavier and heavier on our computers. My MacBook Pro with 16gb RAM will start spinning fans during nearly every meeting. If you don’t use an external mic then you will hear the fans spinning in your meeting! The phone system integration is good and we use it everyday

Cons

Support has been an issue, especially on the phone side. We had one person who was moving phones and they removed a user and accidentally removed a phone number. The big problem is they deleted the phone number and released the phone into the general pool. This is a big problem that any admin can do this. Fortunately we were able to get our main number back but we did loose other numbers in the system.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Great Solution with Excellent Features

Overall I have been able to build stronger relationships with customers which has been crucial during the pandemic. The ability to still be connected with each other allows me to continue growing my business and moving towards success. I would highly recommend utilizing Zoom Meetings.

Pros

The features I find most impactful is the ability to share screens. The option to select which window or multiple windows I want to share makes this software the best choice for me. The ability to have a free account is amazing to leverage for quick meetings with customers and is simple for customers to get started with.

Cons

The feature I feel this software is lacking is the ability to share a file while in a meeting. Sometimes I'll be working with a customer and need to just transfer a small file for the customer to utilize during the session. I'm not able to do this and therefore I need to send the file separately via email.