Zoom Workplace Logo

Zoom is an all-in-one collaboration platform

Zoom Workplace Reviews - Page 7

13,868 reviews

SP

Suzana P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Modern Meetings Made Easy!

Overall, Zoom Meetings & Chat has become a great way to get work done in a simple manner. Everyone is online now, and in person conferences are outdated. Whether you're working from home, remotely, or need several members in different states to jump on a conference, and watch your screen for training purposes, I would recommend it. Overall it is pretty easy to use, but I would definitely RUN A TEST...

Pros

This is a great time to use modern software like Zoom Meetings & Chat for video conference and meetings. I will try to go over all the features which I believe makes this software customizable. You can use it either through a desktop, ipad or tablet, as well as your cell phone. The cellphone or other tablets may have limited features though. The thing I like the most about Zoom is being able to schedule...

Cons

The host MUST have a strong internet capability otherwise there may be some lagging so keep that in mind. Also, members that are accessing the meeting over a phone or tablet may have a limited amount of features, so I highly recommend a desktop (with camera) and hard internet wired for a more professional approach. I do believe they have currently waived the 40 minute max for meetings, but generally,...

US

Uelinton S.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Our efficiency increased with Zoom

We use Zoom daily for meetings with many participants. The recording feature is very helpful and, provide us with an opportunity to replicate knowledge and to record important meetings.

Pros

Ease of use and quality of video / audio transmission. There is integration available in Zapier, which is very useful to integrate the booking of meetings with, for example, Google Calendar.

Cons

Smartphone version interface. Lack of integration to deliver video recordings directly to, for example, Youtube.

DF

Derek F.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond. The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros

This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software. Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons

In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

ME

Melody E.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great for collaborative meetings where participants are in different locations, easy to use

For a period of time, I solely worked from home because I had young children. Zoom was a game changer for me! I was able to be present for staff meetings, have regular meetings with my boss(es) to discuss tasks & meet with other staff when needed to coordinate projects or train others. It was instrumental in allowing me to work from home and still stay connected to the team and on the right path with my tasks!

Pros

This is an amazing tool that allows you to collaborate and connect with others easily, and you have the convenience of being able to do so from all different locations. In terms of features, one of my personal favorites is to be able to share a screen with the other participants. It's been a great support to be able to use a visual in meetings in addition to the verbal discussion. I also love that...

Cons

Missing features or improvement needed? Difficult to use? As mentioned in the Pros, one of my favorite functions is to be able to share my screen with other participants. However, it's not a true screen share - you're only sharing one item (an open file, document, or website, etc). If you move to a different item on your computer it does update the screen for the other participants. Only the file/website/doc...

RR

Rick R.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

It Works

Not great. It connects and works, as long as you're not using AirPods.

Pros

It generally connects and stays connected despite the network quality. The software is agile enough to know when you're using a sub-par ISP with low bandwidth and tells you to disable features that will drag down the performance. Aside from that, it just works.

Cons

You can not use Apple AirPods with this software. It's a known issue and Zoom has done nothing to fix it. What happens is you will connect your AirPods to the machine you're using via Bluetooth and then when -- which has to happen in that order if you want any slim possibility of it working -- then you connect to Zoom. Once you're in Zoom it "Detects a change to your audio settings" and makes you punch in your computer password to "authorize" the change to your AirPods. Once that's complete, Zoom doesn't like it and disconnects your AirPods from the machine completely and automatically switches to another audio source.

AT

Andy T.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Best audio and video conferencing we've used easily

We needed a reliable audio and video conferencing platform to use for small meetings, all hands meetings, and training, among other things. Zoom has always fit those needs perfectly. Meetings are easy to setup, record and the quality is always top notch.

Pros

Zoom is incredibly easy to implement, use, and administrate. We've used all the major audio and video conferencing platforms out there, and Zoom is by far the best. The biggest thing is it just works and works in a repeatable manner. We used to always have issues with other software of changes we made not sticking, such as audio sources. Zoom just works.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any issues we've had with Zoom or anything that I don't like about it. It's always been rock solid.

RC

Robert C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Zoom

We have two department using this exclusively for meetings, and event conferencing.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You are able to send multiple invitations for meetings, and have access to all standard meeting tools. You can also view recorded meetings.

Cons

I do not like the subscription schedule, and renewal process. It has been very hard to get them to line up the accounts to coincide with the fiscal year. Other than that, the product is great.

MZ

Marki Z.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Zoom: Easy to Learn and Should Replace Any Other Video Conferencing Software You Have

Overall my experience with Zoom has been overwhelmingly positive. Once you get over the initial bumps in the road to figure out how to best use it, it shines as a software. I have never had a dropped, stalled, or buffered call, I have never had audio issues, it really is a cut above the rest in that regard. After using Zoom I can't imagine going back to competitors like Skype or Google Hangouts for video conferencing.

Pros

It's honestly very easy to use. Even our clients who don't necessarily have Zoom downloaded prior to a Zoom Meeting find it easy to get up and running which really takes the burden off of us and relieves any back and forth having to explain how to work the program during time that should be spent already on a call. The functionality of the software does not change very much between the free version...

Cons

I think if Zoom created a handbook or user guide that they sent to each person or business who purchases their software, it would really put them above the rest. The software is user-friendly, but I did have to google a few things to figure out how to work certain elements of the software. I understand the reasoning behind defaulting every call to password protected, but I think it should be optional,...

JM

Jason M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Zoom Review

I am very happy with our choice to move to Zoom. It is not very resource intensive and is more cost effective than Webex. No additional 'Firewall work' was needed to get it going on our network and the interface is clean. The web admin console is easy to use and makes managing licenses a breeze. We are able to save on the amount of licenses needed as non licensed user still has 45 minutes of meeting time. Users are normally prompted very clearly about how soon the 45min time will elapse and it helps to wrap up meetings. I highly recommend Zoom for any size organization.

Pros

I like the fact that Zoom is not very resource intensive and runs very well within our virtual environment. Video rendering is surprisingly good on a virtual machine with 1 core and 2Gb of memory. We opted to install the client on the base image which did not affect performance negatively in any way. The web version is compatible with IE11, Chrome and Firefox and users do not feel restricted by choosing to use the browser vs the client.

Cons

Migrating from Webex, our users did not seem to "figure it out" right away. There were a little hand-holding initially especially with the "sharing screen" portion. What we would find is that users would click "share screen" and nothing happens as there is another step to the process where the decision needs to be confirmed. Confirming this decision is essentially, I am in no way advocating for it's removal, but maybe adding a dialogue box as a prompt, that makes the rest of Zoom inactive, so the user sees that confirmation is needed before doing anything else.

MM

Miguel M.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

User friendly and great features

Overall our team loves it. We use it everyday, haven't had any major issues, and they constantly update their features and fix minor bug issues.

Pros

Our office loves Zoom Meeting for the main following reasons: - Others can join the call remotely - Can share Zoom meeting without others having to download the software - Can make notes on the screen - People can chat during meeting on the screen - Can share desktop screen, other windows, phone screen, and more - User friendly - More

Cons

It's hard to say what there is not to like about this software since in our eyes, they are the leaders in the industry for the pricing and features.

JL

Jorge L.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Smoothness almost guaranteed

It just works. It's so easy to integrate with Google Calendar to schedule and send a link, and also in the paid version we use, the call recording feature is a lifesaver. Everything is made to fit most businesses needs.

Pros

In most videoconference services the first question you ask is "Do you hear me?". In Zoom, this is not needed as it always works right from the beginning of the call. If your internet service is stable, you can be sure you'll experience the best video communication you can get as the level of compression is so well balanced that it seems magical.

Cons

I didn't like the recent privacy problem that it faced, when it was proved that the macOS version installed a web server without the user knowledge or permission, but the company retracted and made it right after it was publicly known.

SP

Suzie P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Zoom Review

Overall, I really like Zoom a lot. It's now my main software tool for business and video conferences. It's got great video quality, and it works great on my devices. I also like that there isn't this huge ordeal to use it's system. It's got a great reputation, and almost all of the people I do business with know what Zoom is, and also already use it, so that makes it extremely easy on me as well!

Pros

What I like most about Zoom is that it's pretty capable to have clear video's no matter what device I'm using it on. I usually have issues with my work laptop freezing up on me, and that's always been a problem with video conferences, until I started using zoom. I haven't had a problem with the video quality yet!

Cons

Sometimes it get's confusing to figure out who's generating the conference ID. This could definitely be on my and the other people's end, but sometimes I wish Zoom didn't have so many steps to get to the actual video conference itself. There tends to be way too many unnecessary windows that pop up that make things confusing to know when your actually in the video conference or not.

RB

Robert B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Easy To Use With Consistent Performance

A great solution for calls with more than 2 parties. Screen sharing is easy to use and can be passed between attendees quickly and easily. Online chat lets you post links for everyone to find/follow. Software is fast and doesn't require constant updating/downloading. Launches quickly.

Pros

Setting up a call is as easy as dropping your Zoom link into a calendar invite. Attendees don't need to download or constantly update the software on their end and join easily and quickly. The call quality is always good and screen sharing is very easy to use, even switching between multiple people. With the chat feature you can easily share links to let all attendees see what you're referencing.

Cons

No complaints really. The only problems I've had stemmed from the internet connectivity on my end, which is inherent in any web-based tool. I don't often use the call-in feature so I can't speak to that.

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

Ease Of Video Calling

Zoom Meeting is a really good application for a new or existing user, You can dial PM for any particular person n u will be ib VC call. If you need to support remotly you can use the Zoom meeting. By using the chat option you can chat with private mode or you can broadcast your message.

Pros

Screen sharing, Join meeting without any knowledge of Zoom application, Taking remote control of the user, Chat option, Better video quality, session recording.

Cons

Sharing screen using the Zoom Room application is really good but sometimes it shows lag. Sometimes Zoom Meeting application gets hang in Ubuntu system

Ivan M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!

My overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.

Cons

This is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available

Again, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)

Pros

So lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.

Cons

Couple of areas for improvement: - It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue) - Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful - The...

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Highly suggested for healthcare professionals since it is HIPAA Compliant

Using Zoom was great especially for organizations that need to take HIPAA compliance into consideration. Since Zoom encrypts connections end to end, it works out great. It also was really easy to use their API, and it was very well documented. We rarely had issues with reliability through Zoom being used directly within our software. I thought it was very easy to use, and a much better option than...

Pros

- HIPAA compliance for mental health care professionals - ease of use and low learning curve - accessibility features such as captioning - integration with Microsoft Outlook to generate meetings easily - secure, safe, fast, and bug-free - easy to use API for integrations directly into your software - highly customizable settings across the organization - good reporting tools to indicate usage

Cons

- generating a meeting invite should be easier. usually was copying and pasting way too much meeting invite info into emails

Bob T.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.

By using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!

Pros

Zoom is the most stable platform I have used. Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview. Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.

Cons

I wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.

BM

Ben M.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me

We have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.

Cons

The only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.

Leif E.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great conferencing software, couple annoyances

Overall really positive experience with the software as well as the sales and support teams.

Pros

I've tested a bunch of video conferencing options and landed on Zoom as the best. Quality is good (better than any other, but still could use improvement) and it has tons of features that I like. Really enjoy Zoom Rooms for conference rooms. I like that they are hardware agnostic. I got a Polycom Trio 8800 which acts as both the audio and the controller. Paired that with a cheapo PC from Amazon, an existing projector, and an inexpensive web cam to create a really nice solution. We add meetings to a conference room calendar and when you show up you can start the meeting with a single button from the Polycom. Very slick, although it took me a bit to get it configured properly.

Cons

It's frustrating that I have to buy both a Zoom Room license AND a pro user just to setup that room. The pro user should be included with the room since it is necessary to make it work. I really wish there was an option to start meetings with the video in the corner instead of full screen when you are the only person in the meeting. Sharing video is a bit glitchy and the audio lags. Outside of those issues it is great.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

It actually works smoothly, unlike its competition

I could not be happier. Our institution has standardized on it, and it was one of the best I.T. business decisions we have made in the last 5 years.

Pros

Zoom video conferences are just smooth, and not loaded with an annoying amount of jitter like the other products in the field. That results in a natural meeting, as close as you can get other than physical face-to-face. It's well maintained. Unfortunately people still buy Cisco's option because of Cisco's name, not Cisco's functionality and performance.

Cons

It would be good to see more significant integration with G Suite and Office365.

Andrew P.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Webconferencing for the agile workplace

I use this product for countless meetings and I have always recommended it to co-workers. As a project manager, I often throw together meetings to have quick agile discussions with stakeholders and ZOOM allows me to do just that. Even external clients with no experience using ZOOM can access it and use it with little issue. As with all products, the more people are comfortable with the tools that ZOOM provides, the greater collaboration can be. Once people understand this, they find ZOOM to be one of the best tools for their day-to-day and begin scheduling their own web conferences. I think that alone demonstrates how useful ZOOM can be.

Pros

ZOOM is incredibly easy to use. The product is intuitive for the average user and can get you started with a web conference in little time. Most industries rely on some sort of off-site conferencing tool, particularly for large organizations with multiple locations. ZOOM has a quick turnaround, you can have you conference set-up and details to attendees right away. The ZOOM UI during a meeting is very...

Cons

Audio can be tricky depending on how you have your conference rooms set-up. When using at home or at a desk, this is not an issue, but in conference rooms with in-room audio connected to the presenting computer, there can be echo. This is mostly user-caused and can be easily fixed, but it is something that has come up more than once. Some users have trouble figuring out how to mute or turn their camera off, and the web conference client at times requires refreshing when it doesn't launch initially.

DW

David W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A great alternative to GoToMeeting and WebEx

Zoom is a worthy competitor to GoToMeeting and Webex even if it still lacks some useful features. It does excel in large group environments and video screen participation.

Pros

Zoom is a full featured virtual meeting/collaboration software. As a long-time user of GoToMeeting, I found Zoom to be an excellent alternative. One of the great things about Zoom is the extent that it can be customized to each individual user. Zoom leverages most of its strengths if it’s applied within a large organization. Each user gets to customized how they engage Zoom at startup. For instance...

Cons

One of the glaring defects of Zoom is not being able to share controls.. While users may designate another meeting attendee as a host, it doesn’t allow for passing off of controls. Which is not the same thing. Several users of competitor titles like GoToMeeting or WebEx, find this feature very useful as it lets other meeting attendees manipulate their screen while still retaining overall control of the meeting. The control elements are a bit more spread out on the desktop app than users may be used to with GoToMeeting and WebEx.  in some cases this means more screen real estate is available for actual meeting content, but it can also make things a little bit harder to find.

Jeremy F.

Financial Services, self-employed

Virtual meetings with lots of features

As a coach, I did not want to limit my clients to driving distance, nor do I want to keep a dedicated office that I can bring "strangers" into, outside of my home. Zoom not only allows me to meet seamlessly but allows my clients to meet comfortably in their own home (and not have to worry about baby sitters, etc). The ease of use and multi-platform support removes any compatibility worries when setting meetings.

Pros

This software is easy for my clients to set up for a meeting with me virtually. I love that I can share my whole desktop, one window on it, a selected part, or even share the screen of my phone. I've used this to meet on a Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. This has options for recording meetings, setting defaults for audio/video, etc. You can do group meetings and allow client(s) to share or control my desktop. One thing I've only used occasionally is assigning a unique meeting ID for each meeting. I just use my standard ID so I can incorporate it into form emails and my scheduling software.

Cons

The free version limits group meetings to 40 min (but it's the free version; I do meet with others who have the paid version and it's great)

Jordan D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Is it healthy to like a meeting and chat software this much?

Try the demo and see if it works best for your business. I know that I don't have any regrets.

Pros

I was introduced to Zoom at my first job, and I was surprised with all of the in-chat features and integrations (Outlook, Google Chrome plugins, etc). After speaking with my finance team, it seems more simple than most for billing and subscription purposes as well. I use Zoom for both my personal and work life, and hope that they continue to keep improving the software in the future.

Cons

There's a couple of glitches here and there as the company continues to scale. It's not too big of a complaint though.