Acronis Cyber Backup Reviews

Acronis Cyber Backup

#1 Hybrid Cloud Backup-as-a-Service Solution for Providers

Acronis Cyber Backup

Review Summary

Pros

The baremetal restore backup is great and it works. I would just like to have better documentation on how to complete that without breaking my head ove rit.

Erika R.

Read the full review
It was very reasonably priced, and it has proven to be such a good tool that I can recommend it to my customers.

Lisa H.

Read the full review
I like how easy and quick it is to make an image of a computer. I also REALLY like the universal restore feature, this is great for restoring a system on dissimilar hardware.

Kevin R.

Read the full review

Cons

What i really don't like about this software is the fact that sometimes, out of nowhere, you get error messages that are not being specific as to what the problem is.

Opeyemi O.

Read the full review
For some reason I've experienced some crashes in the program but not too much to worry about.

Matth G.

Read the full review
Sometimes, when doing cold backup this software does not recognize my external hard drive. There are also times when mounting a backup as a drive takes a few attempts which could be frustrating.

pradeep a.

Acronis Cyber Backup for a safer company

We are keeping our systems secure, up-to-date and backed-up in multiple locations and solving customer problems restoring their systems on different hardware as per their requests.

Pros

We use Acronis Backup on our company's computers mostly to protect our systems from ransomware, because backup is not enough anymore. If the computer gets infected with ransomware the backup files will be uploaded encrypted too. That's why we prefer Acronis Backup because it has ransomware defender. One useful feature that we use very often with our customers is Acronis Universal Restore because it allows to restore a system to dissimilar hardware, which is a feature that many customers with custom systems cannot setup the OS from the beginning in case of computer upgrade or computer failure.

Cons

It may be slower in older computers. Other than that Acronis Backup is perfect, it offers security features that cover modern requirements and technologies.

Great Backup, When You Know How!

I require backup software that is consistently reliable, yet offers the flexibility to backup my entire computer system, including system files. Then, I want to easily restore any of my backup file versions as required, especially if I purchase new computers that need the same configuration as my existing ones. Crucially, if any of my computers should break beyond repair, I want to use my backup files to restore on any new computers. Acronis, delivers on the above. I am very appreciative for this and have had cause to use these features. I am accustomed to a backup routine and do this weekly. I keep three generations of backup. Acronis has a great feature of validating each backup that, I presume checks each file for errors. Comforting to know when your data is important.

Pros

Acronis has an extensive suite of backup features, with a myriad of options. You will find all that you need from backing up all of your hard drive to selected files. You can backup to an external drive or to the cloud, you decide. Your backup files are available whenever you require, for the inevitable disaster, when you will be thankful you backed up regularly. Its one of the few backup software that actually backs up your entire computer system. Very useful if you have a complete breakdown or need to restore to a new computer.

Cons

At first glance, the software can appear daunting to the novice. The Menu looks clean and simple, yet you look around, bemused, because you don't really know what to do. The instructions are not good. I found my way around, more, trial and error. Discovering the features, by exploring the Menu options and reading the prompts. Initially, it took over hours of my time. Now I know what I am doing, I think the software is great. However, if I go on holiday and come back to Acronis after a period of time, it takes a little time to refresh myself on how use it again. Its not intuitive. With this in mind, this is my backup software of choice.

Acronis Backup Solution

Backing up files , databases and the vms has never been easier. The mulitple functionalities show great value for money.

Pros

Acronis Cyber backup has easy initial setup and many agents for integrating various platforms and operating systems. It can backup files, databases and the entire virtual machines.

Cons

The cloud backup feature is limited to Acronis Cloud, and if would be nice to see other Cloud providers platforms , be available to use.

Constant Issues

My experience with Acronis started out great. No issues getting our workstations backing up to our various backup plans for the first year. We've been struggling to get our devices backing up constantly for several months. Customer support has been unable to solve our error messages.

Pros

The ability to see the device's last connection and IP address helps me determine whether their backup plan needs to be switched for a day or so. We have a lot of users that move from site to site.

Cons

Constant issues with registering the deployed agents, applying backup plans and using our licenses.

A powerfull archiving backup suite

Very good , you buy the software , you attach an external drive , you select the drive or folders to be backup and the size of part files and you start it

Pros

You can do many types of backup like incremential backup and split it in many files to make it easier to transfer it

Cons

No support to backup on the same drive or create an disk image like iso or a virtual machine for vmware or virtualbox

Excellent value

Pros

We use this for workstation backups at my company and for this task it works great. The compression and deduplication is pretty good, scheduling options are very robust. I've had very few issues using it and it has been very reliable.

Cons

Compression is pretty good, but not the best out there

Great image software

This has been very beneficial to use with all the laptops and servers we need to image and backup. Switched from Symantec Ghost and it was a very good move

Pros

We have been using this for awhile now and love it's use and that it's very user friendly. We backup and restore all of our images using Acronis and haven't been disappointed

Cons

Switched from Symantec Ghost and haven't found any cons to this software. It's more user friendly and been great to work with

Reliable, Cost Effective Solution For Backup & Recovery Of Business Critical Data"

It is very stable, and reliable solution, I have never run into any kinds of issues with it and we were able to restore backup on some systems without losing any data.

Pros

1- It is Reliable, cost effective and has many useful options to backup and restore mission critical data 2- Acronis Backup plans are very easy to configure

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike about Acronis. It does everything we need and more, without issues however below are some points where it need some improvements.

Good Backup and DR Solution

We've been using Acronis to backup one of our servers. It is very stable , we've never run into any kinds of issues with it and restoring information from a backup is very simple.

Pros

Backup plans are very easy to setup. It lets you choose different types of backups like incremental and differential backups as well as image/drive or file backups.

Cons

I don't have any bad reviews for this solution. It works right for went it does.

Clasic Acronis aplication

Positive, i would recommend it to anyone in need of backup, especially from different platforms

Pros

Easy to use, implement, intuitive interface. Restoring from backup works like a charm.

Cons

Actually none. Did have some issues with Ubuntu, but it was due to problem with Linux itself. After cleaning customized distro from 3rd party apps, worked like a charm

Good product but room for improvement of the customer service

The software stores back-ups in different locations and does this quite well. Customer support could be much more efficiënt.

Pros

The software is easy to use, versatile and has many useful options. I run back-ups to an external hard drive and a NAS, also I use it for protection against ransomware. It works quite well in the background and gives me the option to restore files and more when there is a problem. Also, I like the option to be able to restore an image to different hardware

Cons

Customer support could be better. Recently I send in a question about an error. I got the request to send in a log file and screenshots, and then a couple of days later, I receive the solution to install the latest update. Which, of course, I already had. After I informed the same person of having previously installed the most recent update, then he sent me the request to send log files and screenshots again. That is one example, but my experience is that the support often works like this. Also, they can ask me for information, schedule a remote control session (which in itself is quite nice), and do exactly what we already discussed themselves. They are but not always very efficiënt.

For me the most important program ever

Pros

Due to frequent changes in the software, such as Updates and new installations or even the risk of viruses make it absolutely necessary to make regular backups. I have been using Acronis for many years and have never been disappointed When I had to restore the system it worked great! I like it best that you can search the backups at any time and copy data from it. Thus one can repair small problems...

Cons

Some years ago there was the possibility to buy a Plus version. In this one got additional futures. This was later abolished and the futures were so available. For some reason, parts of it did not exist one or two years later. That was not enjoyable then. In the meantime, the best futures are back and everything is fine!

Ideal for recovery and backup of business data

Acronis has been really useful since at a business level it is always under risk, since it can fail some server or be attacked in a cybernetic way that is why thanks to the implementation of this software we have backup copies of the business data more important as well as an immediate recovery of them.

Pros

One of the things I like most about this information backup software is that it allows users to back up any location, that is, it does not matter if their data is in the cloud or if it is on another platform. the same way you can protect them, its interface is highly customizable so the user can choose the type of backup that you want to implement, it also offers different types of data encryption which is really advantageous, because if they are stored out of its platform there is no risk of loss or theft and the best or my favorite aspect is that it does not matter since part of the world wants to carry out the backup of information since it is a platform that only requires internet access and a user account to protect your data.

Cons

Acronis is not a completely perfect platform because its learning curve is quite high so it is recommended only for companies with a large amount of data to support.

I'm a big fan of Acronis for business backup. Very efficient in bringing back up images of servers.

Like I said in my review, the virtual image backups are really easy to work with once set up correctly, and can definitely save you from headaches when a server blows up on you. You basically just point to your image, and spin it back up when disaster happens.

Pros

Our Acronis backup scheme works very well in protecting our main file server. The backup process is quick and offers a lot of options, across a number of different backup devices. It's also very easy to spin up another image of a downed server in a short amount of time. It has saved me when one of our VM's was corrupted, and it was very easy to retrieve files from archived images.

Cons

The set up can be a little daunting, especially when working with virtual server technology. Also, there customer support site can be a little overwhelming to wade through for the uninitiated. You have to really identify your issue before sifting through all the support articles. The online manuals were pretty straightforward but did require some study before getting started.

Great backup software!

I received a free version of Acronis TrueImage software with a hard drive that I purchased, and I liked it so much, I bought the full version. It was very reasonably priced, and it has proven to be such a good tool that I can recommend it to my customers!

Pros

It is very simple to use, and has some features I haven't seen in other backup software -- at least not working! I have tried many different backup programs, and many of them say that they're backing up a full system image while it is running. No other software has actually given me a system image in this way that could be successfully and completely restored to a hard disk. Acronis did, and very quickly, as well. It's also easy to set up scheduled backups and to choose different folders to include. I now recommend it to my customers as backup software, especially for Windows 10. It will do a clone of a Windows 10 system on a new hard drive that works perfectly. Add to that its affordability and the fact that it runs well on Windows 7, 8 and 10, and it's practically perfect!

Cons

Well, the only problem I've had was solved pretty easily: I changed to a new workstation and tried to install the Acronis software I had purchased. The activation process said that I had installed it on too many computers, so I had to deactivate the previous installation before it would work. I did, and it did!

Acronis Backup

Overall, this is one of the best backup programs I have used. I have had to do several bare metals restores using it and it has always performed perfectly.

Pros

Acronis backup is something I have been using for years. I switched to it after using another major Vendor's backup solution after it became very costly. Acronis has only become better over the years. Their agents deploy nicely to servers, the workstation backups are flexible, and they have a Mac client.

Cons

The only downside I see is that their cost for their online backup is a bit high. If you catch a sale or discount then it isn't too bad.

The best backup software I've ever used

I had a very old Windows 7 laptop that had a hard drive that was failing. I installed the Acronis software and used it to clone the internal drive to an external USB drive with an SSD hard drive in it. Although the drive was failing and had many errors, Acronis was able to successfully clone the drive. I replaced the failing drive with the newly cloned SSD and the system booted right up. I had to reinstall a couple of drivers that were corrupted on the original drive but other than that the new drive works perfectly. I was concerned cloning a traditional drive to an SSD but Acronis handled it with no problems.

Pros

This program is very easy to use and very powerful. It performs traditional backups including full, incremental and diffierential as well as cloning entire drives. It also supports building the recovery software into your backup drive so that if you need to do a bare metal restore, the software is all there.

Cons

When cloning a drive with many errors, it seems to wait a long time before it asks you if you want to ignore them. Once I told it to ignore the errors, the clone worked great.

Fast restoration of the most important business data and information

Since the use of this software has been implemented, our information is kept secure and backed up so that in the event of any failure of one of our servers we no longer have to worry because we only have to go from anywhere to the cloud and thus restore that information to may our business continue to stand.

Pros

I love Acronis Backup, since it is a software that allows you to quickly restore commercial and personal information, it is also easy to use and beyond restoring and supporting data, it also protects them against ransomware attacks what really It gives us peace of mind because we can not only back up our data but also protect it, which is why I consider it a really complete and quite flexible software, since it offers its users a free 30-day trial, and is also compatible with Linux systems and Windows

Cons

More than upset I consider it a suggestion, it would be ideal if your interface could be improved to make it much more modern.

Worry-free Backup Solutions

Pros

We have implemented Acronis backup tools in many customers with the purpose of automating workstation and server backup processes. Acronis is consistent in the scheduled tasks and provides a reliable backup (and recovery) solution for organizations of different sizes. On a personal note, I have also used the Acronis Ransomware Protection Tool which is free and a great resource for protecting against the loss of important files. Their software tools, in general, are easy to use with a friendly and intuitive user interface.

Cons

Setting up the business tools takes some time and requires attention to detail. You can easily misconfigure important tasks if you are not careful.

Having Acronis will ensure you get a bonus

My overall experience with this software has been nothing but excellent. I can sleep rest assured that our back ups are completing and were able to restore if we need to.

Pros

Acronis By far the best most robust and easiest to use back up software I have ever used. The jobs are easy to set up in the restores our seamless.

Cons

I struggle to find any cons with the software. As compared to our previous backup software this is far and away the best. This is outperformed anything that comes to my mind.

Great for Daily Backups

We have had to use the restore feature a few times. On one occasion the backup did not complete and we lost a weeks worth of work when we restored the files. I periodically do a verification to make sure the backup is running correctly. Otherwise its a must have when your computer crashes.

Pros

Can be set up for daily backups Runs in the background Easy computer restore feature

Cons

Some 3red party software has to be reinstalled If for some reason the backup does not complete your backs from that day forward are not usable

Simple and effective for my budget

Pros

The web based console to control all my backups in one place, and not having to remote onto a machine to start a backup or create a backup profile is great. The fact that incomplete backups can resume from where they left off, and i have the option of target locations to do backups

Cons

Initially the software upgrades can take quite long or not complete at all. Sometimes the seed load is seen as a separate backup, and the incremental backups take up more space than they should.

Acronis backup - value for money

Overall I think this software is every bit worth the money it costs because if you don't have a backup then it will definitely cost you more to recover the data and maybe you may never be able to recover the data. Apps can always be installed, but imagine losing all precious family photos and videos.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the capability to make hot backup. Not long ago, I had problems with my laptop and I had to send it to the manufacturer and since I had Acronis backup I was able to restore my data and apps after I got my laptop back. This software will save a lot of trouble and money in case something goes wrong with laptop/PC.

Cons

Overall solid and full featured. Can be confusing for less savvy end users

A reliable backup software that can be precisely configured as needed

Pros

Acronis has been my personal backup software of choice for my own office for several years, it has a huge degree of configurability, could look for in a backup product. I find that it does though, require some degree of technical awareness to configure and utilize properly

Cons

Interface can be intimidating and /or confusing, for less technically proficient and users. Can present them with too many options and choices.

Acronis Backup for Server

Pros

I really like the software as far as dependability and reliability. I've used this software on multiple platforms for over a decade, one of the most respected names in my mind when it comes to backup/recovery solution providers.

Cons

The cost of the server platform and the feature set it offers for that price point is really expensive. But compared to other providers like Veeam it does a much better job and is dependable.