AMPPS Reviews

AMPPS

4.15/5 (13 reviews)

Pros
  • The icons that accompany the breakdown of the library's portions help display exactly what you need, which is nice.Carney Z.Read the full review
  • I was impressed by the amount of software that this tool can install on your hosting server.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • A leading solution provider but still without a phone number.Anand M.Read the full review
Cons
  • It runs along with wordpress, doing what needs done. Ve not had any error signs saying anything was wrong.Elizabeth S.Read the full review
  • No value to client - company with bad management.Anand M.Read the full review
  • Very bad management client suffers and they don’t care of SOS.Anand M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Carney Ziegler

Softaculous is an app that if very helpful with Wordpress installations.

Reviewed 2018-04-07

Pros
I like that the library pairs well with web host management systems and is also self-explanatory to use. The icons that accompany the breakdown of the library's portions help display exactly what you need, which is nice. It's the best way to generate the installation of web applications to a website, particularly Wordpress.

Cons
I like how large of a variety Softaculous encompasses, but I do think it can get kind of confusing if you're not used to working with the applications. Because they partner with so many apps, it can be overwhelming to determine the function of each.

Quick easy 1-2 click installs with Softaculous

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Softaculous has been a time saver, as a web developer I install all kinds of software...and Softaculous makes installing any of it much faster and simpler. No manually creating databases and clicking through multi-step installs. Instead, open Cpanel and click on Softaculous, select the software and you're done! I love it!

Pros
Very easy to use, pick one of dozens of available open-source software scripts (including Wordpess, Joomla, Magento and more!) and with 1-2 clicks you are done. Saves time and makes installing software SUPER EASY!

Cons
I actually don't have anything I dislike about Softaculous, the only thing I'd say, is perhaps more scripts?

Anand Maheshwari

No value to client - company with bad management

Reviewed 2020-02-02

Bad one

Pros
A leading solution provider but still without a phone number. A shared hosting can have off peak hrs support but such a reputed old industry player don’t have anybody for escalation as they enjoying weekends Team member was made aware but other than formal words no help Seems they don’t find a reason to understand customer pain that end users can’t wait for days to have weekend end Company don’t have any phone number but may have 100s of people working shows the kind of detachment of customer from main stream Technical support was requested with all details and screenshot shared but still did or unsuspend the account even when all details of payment shared with screenshot Go and sleep and may be only time will tell and cost you for your karma. Karma has to be paid a day. if you drop in unpleasantness you will have to suffer for what you did May you realise the value of word client and word business values soon. Nobody can survive without client and business factor in service industry better know before it’s late. Hiring someone for SOS is not that big issue as far as you know what’s missing. They don’t know others are still having TDS and still have online payment mode they don’t have much time with their own complicated payment modes. You have no common sense that even when TDS payment can be still made online. When you have manual payment mode why no sos arrangements for people paid the amount. Very bad mgt.

Cons
Very bad management client suffers and they don’t care of SOS

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Easy to use installer

Reviewed 2020-04-17

Quite easy to use and straightforward to use as an installer

Pros
I rely on this to install wordpress. This is an easy to use installer to install software required for my websites

Cons
Overall it is quite easy to use and I have no complaints about it. Quite straightforward to use. Quite useful

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Great Way to Easily Install Programs

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-29

My experience involves installing programs with Softaculous through a dashboard offered by a web host (a few different hosts). Softaculous makes it easy and fast.

Pros
I like how easy it is to use Softaculous. Most of my experience with it involves installing WordPress and I've found it easier to install with Softaculous as compared to some of the options offered by web hosts.

Cons
There is really nothing I didn't like about Softaculous. I use it for installing programs on my web hosting account, it works great and it's easy to use. No cons.

Elizabeth Smith

Works great

Reviewed 2019-08-16

It runs along with wordpress, doing what needs done. I've not had any error signs saying anything was wrong.

Pros
I used this along with wordpress, when I had a question they answered quickly and clearly. Since it runs sort of in the background, I know it reccommended using it. I'm still not sure of it's purpose. Since I don't have any error messages, I assume it is doing what it is supposed to.

Cons
I don't have any complaints. It does what it should.

Nicholas Koch

Makes installing Wordpress easy!

Reviewed 2018-04-08

Pros
The only software I've ever used Softaculous to install is Wordpress. If your web host has cPanel and you are looking to install Wordpress on your new site, then Softaculous is the way to go. One click and a few fields to fill out and Wordpress is yours!

Cons
Honestly there is nothing I can think of. I have NEVER had to contact their customer support, so I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Vytautas B

Very poor support

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Very bad experience with support, enormously long response time and even then no real resolution is provided.

Pros
Lost of apps, ease of use, mediocre features on bulk editing the apps.

Cons
Very poor product support, sometimes buggy, old style interface

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Best Option for Installing Software

Reviewed 2018-09-17

Pros
Large selection of programs to install Most have demos Easy to alert Softaculous of updates

Cons
Interface can be slow Backup option is hidden

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Benjamin Monro

Waiting on support

Reviewed 2019-11-05

Pros
Fairly easy to use and a lot of well written templates in SitePad

Cons
Last week it was down for 18 hours and we were not notified until we reached out to them. They notified us it was fixed well after the issue was actually resolved. Right now the site is throwing errors - I have logged a ticket and I am waiting for a response.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Anonymous

Speed up setup/testing of web CMS

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
I was impressed by the amount of software that this tool can install on your hosting server. I've used it to install Wordpress and it relieved me from many boring tasks, and it's especially very easy to test a large number of web applications. Definitely get a hosting that provides Softaculous. It even manages the backups!

Cons
Sometimes updates mess up with the installation and backups stop working. During an installation you may be asked questions that need some knowledge to be answered, and the default answers might not suit your needs. If you're not a provider, Softaculous is not something you should consider installing.

Alvin Aufar

Best to install wordpress for my website

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Pros
With Softaculous installing WordPress never been this easy, you just need a few clicks and boom you have installed Wordpress on your website as easy as that.

Cons
The User interface is kinda old I hope they improve the User interface

Victor Alves de Assis