AMPPS

Auto Installer for cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin & InterWorx

AMPPS Reviews

Sven H.

Elizabeth S.

I rely on this to install wordpress. This is an easy to use installer to install software required for my websites.

Cons

Sometimes updates mess up with the installation and backups stop working.

No value to client - company with bad management.

Anand M.

Very bad management client suffers and they don’t care of SOS.

Anand M.

4.2

Softaculous is an app that if very helpful with Wordpress installations.

Pros

I like that the library pairs well with web host management systems and is also self-explanatory to use. The icons that accompany the breakdown of the library's portions help display exactly what you need, which is nice. It's the best way to generate the installation of web applications to a website, particularly Wordpress.

Cons

I like how large of a variety Softaculous encompasses, but I do think it can get kind of confusing if you're not used to working with the applications. Because they partner with so many apps, it can be overwhelming to determine the function of each.

Quick easy 1-2 click installs with Softaculous

Softaculous has been a time saver, as a web developer I install all kinds of software...and Softaculous makes installing any of it much faster and simpler. No manually creating databases and clicking through multi-step installs. Instead, open Cpanel and click on Softaculous, select the software and you're done! I love it!

Pros

Very easy to use, pick one of dozens of available open-source software scripts (including Wordpess, Joomla, Magento and more!) and with 1-2 clicks you are done. Saves time and makes installing software SUPER EASY!

Cons

I actually don't have anything I dislike about Softaculous, the only thing I'd say, is perhaps more scripts?

No value to client - company with bad management

Bad one

Pros

A leading solution provider but still without a phone number. A shared hosting can have off peak hrs support but such a reputed old industry player don’t have anybody for escalation as they enjoying weekends Team member was made aware but other than formal words no help Seems they don’t find a reason to understand customer pain that end users can’t wait for days to have weekend end Company don’t...

Cons

Very bad management client suffers and they don’t care of SOS

Great Way to Easily Install Programs

My experience involves installing programs with Softaculous through a dashboard offered by a web host (a few different hosts). Softaculous makes it easy and fast.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use Softaculous. Most of my experience with it involves installing WordPress and I've found it easier to install with Softaculous as compared to some of the options offered by web hosts.

Cons

There is really nothing I didn't like about Softaculous. I use it for installing programs on my web hosting account, it works great and it's easy to use. No cons.

Works great

It runs along with wordpress, doing what needs done. I've not had any error signs saying anything was wrong.

Pros

I used this along with wordpress, when I had a question they answered quickly and clearly. Since it runs sort of in the background, I know it reccommended using it. I'm still not sure of it's purpose. Since I don't have any error messages, I assume it is doing what it is supposed to.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. It does what it should.

Makes installing Wordpress easy!

Pros

The only software I've ever used Softaculous to install is Wordpress. If your web host has cPanel and you are looking to install Wordpress on your new site, then Softaculous is the way to go. One click and a few fields to fill out and Wordpress is yours!

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I can think of. I have NEVER had to contact their customer support, so I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Easy to use installer

Quite easy to use and straightforward to use as an installer

Pros

Cons

Overall it is quite easy to use and I have no complaints about it. Quite straightforward to use. Quite useful

Very poor support

Very bad experience with support, enormously long response time and even then no real resolution is provided.

Pros

Lost of apps, ease of use, mediocre features on bulk editing the apps.

Cons

Very poor product support, sometimes buggy, old style interface

Best Option for Installing Software

Pros

Large selection of programs to install Most have demos Easy to alert Softaculous of updates

Cons

Interface can be slow Backup option is hidden

Waiting on support

Pros

Fairly easy to use and a lot of well written templates in SitePad

Cons

Last week it was down for 18 hours and we were not notified until we reached out to them. They notified us it was fixed well after the issue was actually resolved. Right now the site is throwing errors - I have logged a ticket and I am waiting for a response.

Easy to use script installer

Overall softaculous saves me a lot of time when setting up a new website, no need to go to the cpanel manually and set up a downloaded wordpress script, this software does it all fast in a few clicks.

Pros

Softaculous offers the easiest possible instalation for the wordpress script on a new website and it's just a breeze to use. There are more functions of this software but this is the most important one for me.

Cons

This software has zero cons that I can think of.

Speed up setup/testing of web CMS

Pros

I was impressed by the amount of software that this tool can install on your hosting server. I've used it to install Wordpress and it relieved me from many boring tasks, and it's especially very easy to test a large number of web applications. Definitely get a hosting that provides Softaculous. It even manages the backups!

Cons

Sometimes updates mess up with the installation and backups stop working. During an installation you may be asked questions that need some knowledge to be answered, and the default answers might not suit your needs. If you're not a provider, Softaculous is not something you should consider installing.

Best to install wordpress for my website

Pros

With Softaculous installing WordPress never been this easy, you just need a few clicks and boom you have installed Wordpress on your website as easy as that.

Cons

The User interface is kinda old I hope they improve the User interface

This reviewer only left a rating