All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Axure Reviews

Critical to our design process.

Pros

It does everything I want it to do, and lets me set things up so that I'm not repeating myself. Amazing how much better the design process is with this app.

Cons

I'm sure I've only scratched the surface of what this software can do. Often times I will set things up, then learn there's a much easier/more organized way to do it and end up starting all over.

Axure is the best prototyping tool for creating high fidelity prototypes for Web / Mobile App

Pros

Axure is easy to use application with great working area and tools. I really like the way one can use its features like dynamic panels, variables etc and create near to actual application prototypes. If you really use Axure to its highest potentials, it provides readymade libraries to make prototyping easy, creative and fun. I love the way one can share prototypes online via axshare & also capture feedback in real time, collaborate with all stakeholders and finalize the prototype. I highly recommend Axure over any other prototyping tool.

Cons

one of the output of prototype is HTML, & it is not useable, I just wish if some upgrade can be done to generate HTML of the high-fidelity wireframes, which eventually can be used in real application & time for frontend slicing can be saved.

My favorite program to design UX

Pros

One of the most cool part of the programm is that you can see the result (in my case the app) on your smatphone in real time, complete with all the features that the UX needs.

Cons

Some features are hidden and conditions often do not have a clear application.

Incredible prototype design tool

Pros

It is a great tool to create prototypes. Along with the ability to download and use widgets libraries (drag and drop precompiled components) you can quickly build eye-catching prototypes.

Cons

Dynamic panels are very complicated to edit when you have many and even more if you need to hide them to give a specific order. Once you have many pages, a change of color scheme is not a simple CSS edition, there are hundreds of small changes made with the format bar.

Amazing prototyping possibilities but at a great time cost

I love the software when I have the time to create prototypes. Specially since the development of the sketch plugin.

Pros

The software allows you to create fantastic prototypes with variables and detailed interactions. Amazing online sharing included. Sketch plugin is now live.

Cons

The software requires much effort to create detailed prototypes, asking you to know a bit of coding logic to work with it. It's also terrible for UI design.

I designed the front end of my website with this and loved the trial so much I bought it.

Pros

The power and simplicity is overwhelming. I can use plugins to generate bootstrap based HTML for my projects, and easily share basic wireframes with my designer who makes them look great.

Cons

It's not easy for a novice to use - I am not a UX designer and it took me a while to figure it out. On the plus side, I was able to figure it out. An expert would probably have a very easy time with it.

A really good tool for prototyping and creating wireframes

Pros

I like the ability to express ideas to my customers by easily creating wireframes for websites, prototypes, etc.

Cons

After I make changes I need to upload files to server. I'd like the ability to instanty see changes online.

Create Working Prototypes

We adopted Axure RP to build a prototype of a site that we wanted to feel real. We wanted to users to interact with a scenario and get real feedback. The tool was great for this, however, we have found that we don't always feel the need to do this. For this one application, it was perfect.

Pros

Powerful Realistic sites

Cons

The learning curve was steeper than some other options

It is a very good tool to create wireframes and prototypes.

Help friends and colleagues to make web prototypes.

Pros

It allows you to create web prototypes professionally and best of all, they work on any computer and the prototypes can be very similar to the final product.

Cons

It has a very high price and if using it for the first time you do not have previous experience it can seem very complex.

Awesome application for screen and mockups designing

My experience had been awesome when using it. Excellent UI intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

I'm not the best graphic designer out there but I learned a lot from using Axure to design my mockups prior development. I'm a developer that was assigned a task of creating some mockups for a client, I did some research and learn about Axure I design the entire UI using Axure allowing me to finish really quick and in an awesome way, it's so intuitive. The way Axure allows the user to simulate how the application will be running is awesome and helps a lot when presenting a product to the client.

Cons

I didn't find any issues with Axure, no negative aspects to talk about.

Great tool to create high quality prototypes

Fast development of web prototype.

Pros

-Lots of features to handle prototypes. -User friendly. -Can generates a HTML prototype. -Great for UX's and UI's.

Cons

-Can take some time to master all the features. -Could be really hard to prototype a mobile APP. -If the prototype has a lot of elements the presentation could flicker.

Excellent but expencive

I used this product as a trial version and i can say it is excellent. Hope some day i will buy it.

Pros

Axure has it all when it comes to prototyping and wireframing . All features that are needed for doing the job good and fast are there. From formatting to drag and drop placement to using cool widgets, everything you need basically to get the job done is present in this software.

Cons

The price of the product is too high in my opinion. And that is the only minus that this product has.

Axure great for UI developer

So far my overall experience with Axure has been great. Its very simple to use and has training within the software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. Also they give you free tutorials not only to start off but to go back to when you are stuck.

Cons

I wish they had more mobile tutorial that line up with Google's material design.

Axure RP

I think it is a very complete tool, designed to design wireframes and basic or advanced prototypes easily and has a wide range of widgets with which you can easily and quickly design interfaces for websites or mobile applications.

Pros

It is very easy to start working with Axure, the tool is very intuitive and we can start producing almost immediately without needing to follow a manual, although if you are new to this sowtware I would highly recommend reading manuals or at least watch some videos on the internet

Cons

Considering all of the available softwares and the cost / benefit, I believe that Axure its a bit pricy, at the end if you get to use all of the features it might be worth it.

Great tools - Hard to Find

Overall, I think the Axure needs to introduce new UI to make it a bit more user friendly to use, especially for people that are considering using it for the first time. The tools are there, they are just hard to find.

Pros

Axure is great for wireframing. I've tried so many different tools for wireframing, but the built in components in the library are a huge plus. This has made wireframing and user flows seamlessly fast. I don't like spending too much time on this phase because its always subject to change, so going back and revisitng

Cons

The user interface is very hard to use and there is a big learning curve. The interface itself feels a bit outdated, and the light theme and grey tones makes it difficult to look at. The array of tools available are great, but I find myself having a harder time narrowing down an action, like linking different components to each other, because it's visually hard to find.

A rich prototyping tool ideal for testing features ideas with your audience.

Pros

You can create user flows and the actual prototype from the same tool and also publish to an easily accessible web link that makes sharing really easy.

Cons

All tho Axure has fantastic features, the price was a bit to high to acquire given the free prototyping tool landscape.

Take your time, it's worth it!!

Pros

Took me a bit to wrap my head around the in's and out's of how to use Axure RP productively. Now that I've figured it out I can't live without it!

Cons

Axure Rp took me a long time to get comfortable in. Steep learning curve.

Axure For Rapid Prototyping

We were trying to create a user interface for a tool, that accelerates the performance in revit.

Pros

Its a very easy to use software for digital prototyping user-interfaces and to dish out ideas fast. With the help of the vast library of tools such as radio buttons and sliders, things are so much easier. With the collaborate function we have the ability to work as a team remotely.

Cons

The collaborate function is a bit hard to figure out and use as a team, it would be more helpful if there were more tutorials.

Lifesaver!

This is a fantastic wireframing tool for web and desktop applications. It's easy to use and has been an indispensable tool for us as we work with our customers to visualize their requirements. By creating protoypes before starting software development we have avoided costly code revisions since the customer usually realizes they need to make design changes once they see their requirements "live". In my experience, a picture is really worth 1000 words - especially when it comes to UX development.

Cons

Axure RP is good software to create modern prototypes.

Application that I have used for the creation of prototypes of applications and websites and mobile. I like the interface, the colors, the components and the easy handling. I do not like that you have to buy many components to design simple applications, and the license also has a high cost.

Pros

Its quality is incomparable, the elements are very well defined in the interface. The use and management of it is easy and intuitive, also the components available.

Cons

Creating prototypes is easy, it is difficult to show them because there are browsers that do not support their features.

Very good software for creating mockups

Pros

Creating template and re-usable items is very easy and really speeds up creating mockups. Big library of built-in controls.

Cons

You need some time to start doing things right - your first few projects will be worth only putting in the trash bin - you need it to really master using this software and use it right. It will be great to have better tutorials.

One of the best UX wireframe tools

Axure is one of the best out there. It's excellent for creating quick wireframes that are interactive for websites. It greatly helps to uncover potential UX issues. The tool set is.... good enough. Too many features and tools and it could easily grow to be too complicated. Wireframe tools need to be simple and straightforward, just like wireframes. It's a bit expensive considering that there are a lot of online tools that do almost the exact same thing for cheaper.

Cons

Axure has a lot of functionality, not the most user friendly

Pros

Axure RP is a bit complicated and there is a pretty steep learning curve for new users, but it does have a lot of functionality.

Cons

Clunky interface and big learning curve

Prototyping for Pros, but you may not need all of it

Wireframed prototypes for our customers and internal development teams.

Pros

There are a ton of fancy features that justify the cost, but, like me, you might find that more a sign of bloat more than benefit.

Cons

The high price, and nature of the software means that it isn't the best tool for fast, simple wireframes.

Experience with Axure

This is an awesome tool. It does not make you realize that you are prototyping, feels as if creating the actual product. It provides ultimate features and functionalities. I have been working with this tool for nearly 3 years now and would always recommend to use this.

Pros

Conditional Formatting Dynamic Panels Collaborative Easy to use

Cons

Wish those HTML pages could be directly used and hope to see this work on Ubuntu soon!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.