Balsamiq Reviews - Page 5

Almost too good.

Pros

This software allows me to take an idea and throw it into the screen. I'm not a design person. I have a hard time putting my thoughts into reality when it comes to designing software, but this is a great place to start. I have the ability to make something look like I want it without having to worry about the technical side of things.

Cons

I'm able to make something look the way I want it without having to worry about the technical side of things...which means when it's time to make my idea happen in real life I'm usually disappointed. :)

Magical time saver

I've been using this app for over 7 years and couldn't be happier, one of things I like the most is the customer service quality, real humans behind the company makes a lot of difference.

Pros

Super easy to use and it feels magical because in a matter of minutes you can build an entire UI mock

Cons

I would rather have the UI elements on the left side, so you can scroll vertically instead of having them on top and do a horizontal scrolling.

Amazing way to mockup

In my experience using it, is the best way I found to mockup the designs and ideas for websites. I used it when I was a Freelancer and it was one of my primary tools. Hardly I could find a better tool.

Pros

1) Easy 2) Have almost anything I need to mockup 3) complete 3) A lot of options 4) Export the designs is so easy.

Cons

1) a little bit cheaper would be great. 2) Or maybe a single payment with support for updates for a period of time.

Design tool for non-designers

Pros

One of the most intuitive design tools for “dummies” out there. I know that some product managers are more design-skilled than others, I’m not. And that’s why I love Balsamiq so much. It allows me to take my ideas and concepts and turn them into an something my designers/devs can work with and understand exactly what I want.

Cons

Interactive mockups abilities are somewhat limited. Old-fashioned look which some love (I don’t). Even though I said it's easy-to-use, some non-technical users may find it challenging at times.

Prototype quickly and simply

Pros

Really basic tool, which offers exact amount of features as you can tell from the way it looks. Learning curve is as low as possible and it has everything needed to start learning how to prototype.

Cons

If you are building a big system the software can be too basic and sometimes look non-professional. Besides, I wish you could manage a group of objects more efficiently

Being a QA person , using Balsamiq was an amazing experience for all mockups listings as per project

Pros

It allow the user to construct a working prototype using native presentation tools found in software they already have installed.

Cons

Its kind of very difficult to create customized elements for your own app. Because it's more focused on mimicking the behavior of real mobile devices, it doesn't have a strong set of tools for designing UI elements

The way to go to save money before wasting time on design

Pros

Balsamiqs are so easy to use and understand regardless of your level of experience in working with design tools. All of the potential items that you would draw or design up before sending to a client or end user are grouped together and easy to display and showcase initial options before time and money is wasted by physically drawing up the design of a website or paying a graphic designer to mock up a web page.

Cons

Some of the mock ups can appear very rough as if someone has designed them with a very pressured hand on a piece of paper. Additional customisations would be great or the ability to create your own that you may use and potentially upload and sell via a balsamiq store would be ideal.

Simple & Intuitive UI

Huge fan of democratizing design for all levels of artists. I just wish it was easier to design on the go - inspiration can hit anywhere with an iPad & I want to design on the go.

Pros

Anyone can use this software & it focuses on big picture vs the details. Helps my PM team communicate ideas

Cons

No iOS or iPadOS native app which would be helpful for designing on the go.

Create awesome mockups for your page

I use Balsamiq Mockups for all of my projects to make mockups for my clients. It is highly reliable and easy to use for anyone. Balsamiq Mockups is used by many of my colleagues and they have been never disappointed with it.

Pros

Balsamiq Mockups is a perfect tool for creating mockup designs for any webpage. It is really easy to use and have many features. Anyone can learn to use it easily because of the user-friendly interface.

Cons

Actually there is nothing to dislike in this software, except the fact that it is a little outdated from modern web designs.

Easy, efficient and quick mockup tool

Pros

Balsamiq Mockups is easy to use, efficient and quick wireframing tool. It provides lots of tools, shapes and options to export the design. Moreover, it is handy tool to transfer the ideas especially for non designers or an early learner.

Cons

I would love to see more options for export, form fields and integration with other designing tools

Design with ease

We do mobile games, so sometimes making the UI artist do some job on a screen, for example, the game user interface can look good on an idea, but when we incorporate everything, it wasn't looking as good as we though, with Balsamiq we changed this, we first check if the actual interface is good enough, and then we start doing it. Avoid making double work!

Pros

Balsamiq is a great tool for doing mock ups on design, this way you can totally check if your design fits your job, for example, if you want to do a web page, you can design it here to see how it looks, it would be much faster than actually coding and then rewritting.

Cons

Nothing, the software is really useful and easy to use. I cannot thing of something that is missing.

Great for Wireframes

I am overall happy with my experience with Balsamiq. I was able to create great Wireframes to show research participants that helped me with my research.

Pros

Balsamiq is great for creating lo-fi prototypes like wireframes. There are a lot of simple options to add to the mock up that allow clients and research participants to have a good understanding of how the actual website will look.

Cons

Although the software is meant to create wireframes, I wish there was a way to add actual buttons to the mock ups that lead to another wireframe. I used the free trial version and could not find that option.

Hi Ajay and thanks for your review! I just wanted to mention that you can link wireframes together using the dedicated option, as mentioned on this page: https://balsamiq.com/wireframes/cloud/docs/linking/ Any questions, we're here (support@balsamiq.com)! -Virgin

Basic wireframes — nothing more, nothing less

Overall, Balsamiq a solid product and does what it promises: makes it easy to build and share low-fi wireframes.

Pros

Balsamic makes it quick and easy to build wireframes at a relatively low cost. Doesn't allow much in way of formatting, so it forces you to focus on just structure and function — which is exactly what some projects need. Balsamiq's web app is awesome, and it allows you to build/access wireframes even if you don't have the app on hand.

Cons

Just as a personal preference, the standard font that Balsamiq uses is a bit childish and it can make it hard to focus on the structure. Balsamiq only produces low-fi wireframes, so if you need something more robust, use another software.

Great features at a cost

Working on a group wireframe, this is a very beneficial tool as it means everyone can work on within their own locations.

Pros

The great collaboration tools provide strong benefits – especially combined with the nice UI, shortcuts and functionalities.

Cons

The cost of the product for its functionalities makes it not very beneficial for smaller personal projects.

Best Wireframe tool for quick output

Pros

Usability, feasibility and quickness. If you need to create design very quickly this is the best tool in the market. Your team will be able to view the output within hours.

Cons

Interaction between the element are not upto the mark. If you want to give interactive demo this is not the tool which will give proper output.

Easy to use effective efficient

Pros

I used it to make a mockup project, where I needed to design layout for a mobile app, and it was excellent, it had all the required elements u just needed to drag-drop and you can simulate a real-life UI

Cons

the UI was a bit dull if it had been a bit vibrant, it would have been a pleasure to work for. maybe that's only by my point of view

Hi Manikanth and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool. If you have time, would you mind sharing more details about what could be improved in the UI? We always like to hear about things like this, it helps us make the app better! While it's totally fine if you don't have time for this, we'll be here to help if you'd like! :) -Virgin

Solid tool

Very good and very, very Fast prototyping tool, that is very easy to work with and use.

Pros

I like that balsamiq is light wireframing tool, fast and most importantly very easy to learn. The price for the product is also very fair , considering what you get for the money. I use it non-stop at work and it saved me hours and hours time.

Cons

I would like to see more features added in the future, so i would never want to switch to another product of the same type.

Great for simple/ Low fidelity mockups

Pros

It is a good desktop and mobile mock-up tool with a good quantity of functionalities. For sure is one of the best free solutions for small projects in LF stages

Cons

The app is not this good and the design tools are a little poor: designers, in my company, started doodling the low fidelity in real life and discuss all together instead of using Balsamiq.

Very quick way to test ideas of frontend solutions

Pros

It's quicker than drawing on paper (probably even if you're good at it), much easier to save and share, and above all you can make the mockups interactive, which of course you can't on paper. If you're not a graphic designer or a full time UX designer, it's great to quickly test ideas and show them to your clients. If you use Confluence, there's a nice plugin that allows to embed mockups in your pages and is possibly cheaper than the standard plans.

Cons

It's a quick and dirty mockup tool, don't expect to give any preview of style. Not the cheapest tool around, and the free account provides very limited storage. The interactivity is somewhat limited. Eg: you can't show a popup on the same page, you have to link to a copy of the first page, with the popup added. You can end up with lots of pages...

Simple Software for Fast and Easy Wireframes

My experience with balsamiq is great. Although it's not my primary design tool, I always come back to it when I want to make a wireframe really quickly. I absolutely adore the wireframe style they use.

Pros

Balsamiq is the fastest and simplest wireframing tool out there. It does exactly what it sets out to do-nothing more nothing less. Balsamiq creates lo-fi wireframes at record speed. All the components are already there for you to resize and configure, you don't need to download anything else. Sure you can use Figma or Sketch but to achieve the same speed, there's a bigger learning curve or some assets you have to download. Balsamiq is also a one time purchase which is great in this era of subscription-based software

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to scroll between it's large library of components. Also it's harder to create some more complex site maps when you're trying to make site maps using balsamiq, but that's not its main feature so it's okay.

Project mockup

Good software for your design mockup of applications. We used it in a good way and really found a good result and it helped us to develop our application in faster way

Pros

This software is really good for your design mockups of application. I have used this for our company mobile application design mockups and it helped us for making a good and efficient design with ease

Cons

There is nothing which i do not like about it. Good software

Handful website wireframe builder

I would say your imagination is your limit in order to design and to wireframe the website you want to built

Pros

It is very useful and simple to use. It is almost unlimited the options to wireframe your website

Cons

Sometimes it is not very easy to navigate through the options

Great and simple to use

Pros

The free trial has a lot of features available and the price for the paid version is not expensive. I like the most how easy is to use to select any type of option to create a wireframe in very short time.

Cons

The lack of mobile application to use it. But thats not a big issue

Great for people with no design skills

Pros

Is a great software to sketch out mock ups if you have no knowledge of photoshop, sketch or any design tool. Is also a great tool if you are just looking to do a quick sketch before designing a high fidelity mock up in another software.

Cons

The look of the software could use some improvement. Their design looks old.

Good but can be better

Pros

The visualization of the prototypes makes data easy to comprehend . The end files are easy to export and you can also store backups online .

Cons

The rigid interface structure makes Balsamiq hard to navigate . The change log isn't very detailed and it isn't always clear when edits were made .