GoCanvas Logo

Easy, flexible & powerful software for service businesses.

GoCanvas Reviews - Page 4

JS

Jeff S.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

Go Canvas

It has been a great experience from day one. great customer support and Go Canvas is with you every sep of the way to get it up and running for your business.

Pros

User interface is great. All of our employees really like how it works in the field. As an admin of the product i like how easy it is to create an app and how much i can personalize it to meet the needs of the guys in the field.

Cons

There is no "Select All" function for trying to copy apps. I have many departments and when i want to copy all aps from one department to transfer them to another it is very time consuming. If this upgrade could be done i would have no complaints about the product. I will go on to say that when i brought this up to Go Canvas they sent a ticket over to the solutions team and they did the transfer for me and it helped a ton.

NK

Nate K.

We use Canvas for our inspection reports and love the way it has streamlined our process.

Pros

I love the time that it saves us. Canvas allows us to be much more efficient with our time. I also like that it keeps our inspectors from forgetting to check certain things while on site, eliminating extra trips out.

Cons

The initial set up phase to get your apps set up takes a lot of effort. Canvas does offer a setup service that would streamline this though. Did not take advantage of this service. Much quicker and cheaper than having custom apps set up though.

Kate D.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Well worth the wait

Building the Customer PDF took 6 months. It was very complicated, and that plus the geographical distance between US/UK meant that this took longer than expected. The result is very good however, and was worth the wait.

Pros

The apps were very easy to set up, in most cases we went live with the apps the same day. The builder is very intuitive and flexible.

Cons

The apps was very easy - no complaints. The custom PDFs are difficult if you need to do handovers etc.

MW

Mel W.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

So far everything has been great.

Pros

The Mobile, PDF Design and the BarCode scanning.

Cons

That it doesn’t connect directly with OneDrive or Microsoft Teams And that you can not group your forms into categories.

JV

Jonathan V.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Advanced form setup

We needed to set up HVAC technicians with the ability to complete detailed site surveys and post installaiton testing. GoCanvas provided us with a workspace to create and generate these surveys to get the information downloaded in a quick and efficient manner.

Pros

The ability to customize the forms based on previous answers. The ability to add high resolution pictures for site surveys.

Cons

Small learning curve for end users and the need for an account for each end user

FF

Felix F.

11-50 employees

It is very user friendly

Pros

It has a contemporary look and feel, great mobile app, easy to integrate 3rd party tools or systems, the collaboration, communication and assessment tools are the best. easy setup to make courses public or private or combined, good support, good availability for integrate with external systems. provides an array of extra features which makes in one of the best LMS on the market

Cons

The layout of the site is well organized but it tends to confuse on certain occasions due to the large number of options and features. it takes a long time to adapt to the environment, Nevertheless, once you get how to use it, worth the effort. the mobile app does not support all types of documents (it is not a recurring error, I have not been able to reproduce the error)

MK

Maggie K.

1-10 employees

Pros

One thing I love about canvas is you don't need to have designer skills to use the software yet it make you look like a pro! Kudos team canvas!

Cons

I wish we had more photos (from the search button) to choose from, more free photos. Otherwise, I love canvas.

CM

Cathy M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Go canvas review

very happy with the product and ease of use

Pros

ease of use has been fabulous , updating our forms . Help desk is prompt courteous and professional

Cons

all the information i needed to gather to begin

JM

Jimmy M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Data entry

My experience using GoCanvas has been good overall.

Pros

For the most part it is efficient to use.

Cons

Some questions are repetitive. Some pictures are as well.

GH

Gregg H.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Easy to use.

Paperless and newer technology.

Pros

East to take care of daily tasks work orders, nice to add pictures of before and after jobs, Paperless.

Cons

Using Different device with canvas, app are not linked together through you're email account- due to offline.

JC

John C.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

I started using Canvas for a specific function, and have since created apps for a number of others.

Consistency of data collected. More efficient use of paper (not entirely paperless, but limits waste). Unique solutions for tasks. Increased communication through auto-generated e-mails. Data collected long-term with little effort or training.

Pros

The app allows me to create a template that captures consistent data no matter what I'm trying to do.

Cons

The way reference data has to be updated (by downloading, editing, and reuploading). It would be nice to edit data on the website.

RR

Renchia R.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

It is easy to build different apps and customize any reports that are needed. The software is very user friendly.

Cons

There really is not anything that I can think of that I don't like.

Tommy N.

GoCanvas is fantastic. We use this system in our service company and it has saved a lot of time.

Saves the company time and the presentation to the customer has helped our close rates greatly.

Pros

The customer support is wonderful as well as the ease of use. It also integrates with a lot of other programs on the market.

Cons

No cons at this point. The implementation was very easy and the support has been first class. This software is a wonderful to have and makes doing business much easier.

DN

Diana N.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

customer service is great

Its great!

Pros

I have only ever had one issue and it was fixed promptly

Cons

Would like to be friendlier when I have it saved and need to go back and add additional information

TH

Traci H.

A couple of days to get a response on a ticket, but once I did my problem was resolved quickly.

Quick turn around time to get something on line without waiting on an internal IT team to work it into their already busy schedule.

Pros

Ease of use. I've been able to design it exactly like we wanted and make multiple changes through our testing process and immediately see the changes. Pricing is reasonable too.

Cons

I've struggled a bit with the calendar/dispatch feature. Maybe some more clarifying help files on this will do the trick, but there doesn't appear to be very robust options on pre-scheduling dispatches across the country.

KW

KAREN W.

51-200 employees

My experience with Canvas software has been very positive

Pros

My experience with Canvas software compared to other similar software has been very favorable. The features of Canvas is very user friendly and great support. There is a link that provides additional Help when needed

Cons

There are no negative features that I can think of at this time with Canvas. The positive features outweigh anything that may be missing in its features.

RH

Ray H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Go Canvas Experience

having the ability now to have forms created on site and emailed to our server once complete is a game changer

Pros

turning key paper forms into digital applications. speeding up the return

Cons

Converting apps to PDF so they looked better when printed was a pain at first. although the support from Go Canvas was great to guide us through

VP

Vanitha P.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Go Canvas

Good

Pros

Easy use . Friendly customer support . Can make custom changes .

Cons

Can't make a bulk changes . Further improvement required based on organization requirements .

Michael P.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Canvas Review

It has gone very well for our team to utilize this program!

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to customize it to our needs. I appreciate the support offered by the GoCanvas team as well. (Special thanks to our rep)

Cons

I would like a little more ability to customize some of the fields.

Mike P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Easy to create apps and deploy to devices

We needed to do multiple apps for our Security Guards for checking in/out of our truck as they come on the yard. Created the app in less than an hour, revised it quickly and had it deployed and working by the end of the day.

Pros

App building is very easy to use and has a lot of functionality. Cloud storage and emailing of forms is part of the reason we decided to try this app builder. Covers most basic app options you could want and the PDF designer for forms is an added bonus.

Cons

I would like more editing capabilities with colors on the fields or even different font types. I did post this to their community board and they were very responsive to follow up and consider the enhancements.

Michael P.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Automated process to ensure our safety

Pros

I love how simple it is to use and make adjustments to maintain COVID19 daily submission for office safety.

Cons

No, everything is awesome. I do wish I could receive a text when one of my team answers yes to a COVID form question in addition to an email.

MM

Marcus M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Horrible Customer Service

See above

Pros

The software requires customization thenits okay. The customer service is terrible. My account was billed 4,000.00 in advance for this year in error and they won't even pretend to care. I am hopelessly trapped in dispute. Buyers Beware

Cons

Customer sercvice is absolutely horrible.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Easy to use mobile app for completing forms

Pros

The forms are easy to complete and scale well on any mobile device. You can capture GPS coordinates, camera information, time stamps, etc. You can implement 'if' conditions in the form editor to only display necessary information based on user selections.

Cons

The drag and drop interface of the online forms editor is cumbersome to use. For example, let's say a section of a form has a title, text box, and a dropdown field. If there are 5 sections, then each of the elements in each section have to be copied and then moved to the new sections of the form. There is no way to select the 3 elements as a group and paste them 5 times

CC

Clarence C.

Construction, self-employed

One call to support and without waiting in a queue my issue was resolved in minutes.

Increased productivity and accuracy while completing reports for clients.

Pros

Paperwork reduction is the main reason for trying the software. I love the fact that you can create and customize the individual apps to my industries specific needs. It has enabled me to be more productive.

DC

Dale C.

Uncertain value for us

Pros

Admin team receives PDF via email of field data collected which becomes a valuable reference document Easily adjusted and reconfigured

Cons

Pricing scheme of per user gets very expensive. We had one user account that several employees would use to submit the same form. A busy week would see 4 submissions by 3 employees. Canvas insisted we pay for multiple users which in fairness meant 5 users at a discounted rate (depending on USD exchange)...simply not practical