ClusterControl

Database management software with data backup tool

ClusterControl Reviews - Page 2

Cluster Control- One of the best all in 1 DB system

Enterprise solutions - multi tenant, multi vendors

Pros

Great usability and feature rich with umpteen DBs in one place Good in monitoring and scalability

Cons

More help or info in the GUI would be great

Thank you for the feedback on the UI, we've made a ton of changes this year and plan on many more to make it more user friendly

Great experience for devops

To test different distributions and different infrastructure layouts was very easy using cluster control, even with the community version

Pros

Ease of use, monitoring and backup features

Cons

Couldn’t find how to change some configuration settings like the replication lag

Thanks for the kind words!

Its good, still not fulfil some functionality which required for big production.

Pros

Its really did many important tasks efficiently. I liked the auto recovery option, backup verification, Restore option, auto upload to cloud. Migration processes very smooth.

Cons

60% ability to handle big production system. The backup operation still has many missing issues which we need to handle big database. Job Schedule functionality is a single thread. Graphs and Optimisation are not perfect for high load environment. Don't have checkup option. I found some major bug like add a new node which is not cloning my my.cnf configuration as like others nodes hand. CC generate a default configuration which had a bug and I was not able to deploy a new node. Without test related this type of updates is very unexpected.

Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding adding new nodes, we base the configuration from a template. Not sure if you had updated the template, but we have added better help texts in version 1.6.1. Thanks again, we will pass it along to the product team :)

Complete solution for Database provisioning and monitoring

ClusterControl helped me having a default provisioning process for my MySQL database and gave me a deeper vision on what is happening on the service

Pros

ClusterControl has default dashboards that come with a really useful variety of graphs that helps the DBAs to analyze what is happening with the databases

Cons

I couldn't see what are the limitations of the Community version as I had a free trial during my tests I feel like it's missing an option to turn off the free trial and test the limited Community version

Thank you for your review! We are constantly working on our user experience, including making it clearer to differentiate Community vs Enterprise. I have passed your feedback onto the product team

Very beneficial to deploying and managing a n+3 architecture

Pros

Great for managing and deploying a high availability infrastructure. Also find the interface very easy to manage

Cons

Cost is one limitation, especially when budgets are tight. Integration with devops tools like gitlab would be beneficial

Thanks for the recommendation on gitlab, will pass that onto the team!

CC review (Kendart Systems )

Very good and would have liked to acquire a full license however right now our budget is very restricted.

Pros

The ability to have a single point of truth with RDBMS based clusters, in terms of HA, SSL traffic, backup activities, etc.

Cons

ACLs integration with LDAP based directories could be better.

Thank you for your feedback on LDAP, as for pricing, talk to our sales team we have several license options that might better fit your budget.

ClusterControl 1.6.2 vs MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster

Easy to deploy and use system.

Pros

ease of use, deployment, configuration and monitoring good support for MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster quite user-friendly web interface

Cons

1)lack of ability to import non-standardly deployed instanses of MongoDB 2)Insufficient management capabilities for database, tables, user roles and rights in MySQL

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your feature requests along to the product team! :)

Best product

i am much impress by using this cc. its provide easy steps to add sql server under single cluster.. i am impressed.

Pros

This is the best product to support SQL cluster and it provide very easy interface to manage the cluster. I always would like to prefer this when my company will setup the sql/mysql cluster in our infrastructure.

Cons

interface and easy to add. interface is good enough.. its provide many option which provide admin time to run a command over this.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your trying out our product and hope you can use it in your infrastructure!

A must have for database management

I use ClusterControl to deploy and manage galera cluster of my clients. Saved so much time deploying and monitoring clusters with CC.

Pros

Easy to use. You can create a cluster and monitor your database with ease ! No need to worry about boring configuration, CC do the work.

Cons

Price per node is a little bit to expensive but worth it

Thank you for the review, we are very grateful for your kind words!

Lean and clean

Good experience

Pros

Comprehensive and efficient tool to manage a cluster of Galera servers.

Cons

a few tuning hints would have been great.

Thanks for the feedback!

ClusterControl

SeveralNines provides helpful insights to database management in their blogs/articles. Their support is professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

The automated features of setting up cluster nodes, maintaining them with auto fail over, maintenance upgrades make management a breeze.

Cons

Pricey for small businesses. Community version missing some of the automated features that would make it viable for small businesses.

Thank you for your feedback. We feel that our pricing in competitive with the market but understand the small business challenge. I hope you spoke with our sales team as we may have been able to work with you on it.

A moderate Cluster Control web application with great potential.

A good attempt to fellow developers for creating a tool for making a part of the DevOps much easier. However, has a long path to walk...

Pros

- Cloud based - Easy deployment - Zero configuration

Cons

- A lot of functionalities don't work (e.g. import a cluster) - False alarms on various event (already opened issue still no actions taken)

We're sorry you were able to get ClusterControl operating on LXC. It's, unfortunately, not a supported environment and we haven't done any testing on it. Because of this, we're not surprised you had issues. Our support team reached out ot you on the 22nd but we didn't get a response. Please reach back out to our support if you would like to talk about it more.

A nice software for System Admins

It's fine, we've been using it to create and monitor a MariaDB Galera cluster, with perfect results

Pros

The capability of creating a DB cluster with minimun effort

Cons

The high price of the non-free version, that is too much for a start-up, even with their special plan for small companies.

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it along to our leadership team

Really good solution !

Before trying ClusterControl, I installed my MariaDB Galera clusters manually. it was longer and I haven't a real time monitor with the Web GUI.

Pros

I like the simplicity to install and manage clusters. The GUI is splendid and readable. Nodes management and dashboard are a plus compared to manual install and management. Adopted ! :)

Cons

I don't really find features missing. I will need more time to appreciate pros and cons in depth. 30 days free trial is not enough. 60 days would be better ;)

My Experience about cluster control

Pros

- Ease of installation - Good documentation - Ease of cluster recovery - Very good GUI - Very good monitoring features

Cons

- Community version don't have essential features like adding new nodes

Thank you for the feedback, Deployment should have allowed you to add a clustered setup with the community version but feel free to open a support ticket if you are running into issues

I couldn't get your software to work in my deployment.

After attempting to use this software I benefited from the experience of deployment of my cluster manually.

Pros

I didn't pay any money to use your products. Your user interface is very pretty. You're software installed easily. Everything would have been great if it deployed my cluster.

Cons

Your product did not implement the cluster in my deployment. I ended up deploying the cluster manually.

Very sorry you weren't able to get the cluster working. I wish you had contacted our team as we offer 24/7 support during the enterprise trial period to ensure everyone get's up and running, I hope you'll give us another chance :)

Good Product But....

good function for trial user.

Pros

you had good interface good function but eitherway i think we can not afford for each database with those price even you discount it with current business condition (self assumption).

Cons

i just trial user. still those function help me create master and slave easily and monitor those postgre master & slave

Thank you for your feedback, We do not charge by the database but by the node and we offer special packages for startups. Talk to our sales team, we may be able to work within your budget

Great product, large price

Overall the solution is great. The interface was intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Being able to implement IaaS services on premise or private cloud, across differing technology stacks is awesome. Preventing vendor lock in while enabling functionality is great.

Cons

Unfortunately my organisation wasn't prepared to spend the necessary funds for the product, despite it's functionality.

Thank you for your feedback, sorry your organization sees us as cost prohibitive. I hope you spoke with our sales to see if we can work something out.

Great product, easy to use

None yet

Pros

It's rich features such as mysql failover, alerts and high availability. Moreover roles of users foynd to be useful too.

Cons

Price is quite high knowing that it works on open source technologies. Price model could be reviewed.

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you are taking advantage of our HA functions. I will pass your pricing feedback to the management team

Easy to use and gives lots of information to help in database management and monitoring.

Pros

I like its free version used for monitoring and deploying database clusters. The query analyzer is great to get an idea about the type of queries running on the database servers and their execution time. The advisors panel gives a quick and nice advice about the status of the cluster and how it can be improved.

Cons

I think it must provide graphs for query response time as this time is the most important measurement of performance. The update process using ansible role was not so helpful so I needed to update using the shell script.

Best Cluster Manager

Was a breeze to install and setup. Lots of fun and power!

Pros

Easy to use, it just works and support is top notch.

Cons

Still not fully cloud compatible. Works with public clouds, we are a CSP and would like to have multi-tenant functionalities.

Thanks for the great comments and feedback, we have a great deal of cloud integration on the roadmap, if you have specific requests please send them to us through a support ticket.

Friendly and easy to manage

Pros

I like the keep active, HA and replication features

Cons

Not supported with latest release of ubuntu 20, i spend time troubleshooting when i check the documents I found it's not yet supported.

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your request for Ubuntu 20 support to the product team

It's easy to use and maintain with minimal effort. It also decreases the overall time of deployment.

Pros

Wide range of db support and ease of use. Overall deployment time of database clusters in large environments has decreases significantly.

Cons

Support for more products. Current it only works with Mongo db and myself but I could be a great tool for other dbs.

Thanks for your feedback, I think you meant MySQL (not myself) but we do also support PostgreSQL!

HA for everyone

Using Postgres as an enterprise platform is no more a pain.

Pros

ease of use rapidity of deployement supported platforms monitoring tools

Cons

nothing, the product is really cool. I managed creating a two nodes cluster using postgres in less than two hours.

Thank you for the feedback, we're planning on adding a lot more support for PostgreSQL in the near future so stay tuned!

Review ClusterControl

Pros

The most i like about this software is the easier to deploy a database cluster with its loadbalancer in only some few steps. I don't need to enter each machine to configure. In other side, clustercontrol also help me to monitor the database cluster realtime and warn me when the cluster goes wrong. really great app

Cons

One thing that severalnines team to improve this software is about the ability to install the cluster without disabling the selinux and/or firewall. Because in this release version, I still need to reenable the selinux and firewall after installation is success.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your input and I will pass it along to the product team.