ClusterControl Reviews

ClusterControl

Database management software with data backup tool

4.32/5 (60 reviews)

Giovanny Gutierrez

Great experience for devops

Reviewed 2018-08-11

To test different distributions and different infrastructure layouts was very easy using cluster control, even with the community version

Pros
Ease of use, monitoring and backup features

Cons
Couldn’t find how to change some configuration settings like the replication lag

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for the kind words!

Paul Masterson

Very beneficial to deploying and managing a n+3 architecture

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
Great for managing and deploying a high availability infrastructure. Also find the interface very easy to manage

Cons
Cost is one limitation, especially when budgets are tight. Integration with devops tools like gitlab would be beneficial

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for the recommendation on gitlab, will pass that onto the team!

Anonymous

Its good, still not fulfil some functionality which required for big production.

Reviewed 2018-06-02

Pros
Its really did many important tasks efficiently. I liked the auto recovery option, backup verification, Restore option, auto upload to cloud. Migration processes very smooth.

Cons
60% ability to handle big production system. The backup operation still has many missing issues which we need to handle big database. Job Schedule functionality is a single thread. Graphs and Optimisation are not perfect for high load environment. Don't have checkup option. I found some major bug like add a new node which is not cloning my my.cnf configuration as like others nodes hand. CC generate a default configuration which had a bug and I was not able to deploy a new node. Without test related this type of updates is very unexpected.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding adding new nodes, we base the configuration from a template. Not sure if you had updated the template, but we have added better help texts in version 1.6.1. Thanks again, we will pass it along to the product team :)

Yuriy Safris

ClusterControl 1.6.2 vs MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster

Reviewed 2018-08-30

Easy to deploy and use system.

Pros
ease of use, deployment, configuration and monitoring good support for MongoDB and MySQL\PerconaDB\GaleraCluster quite user-friendly web interface

Cons
1)lack of ability to import non-standardly deployed instanses of MongoDB 2)Insufficient management capabilities for database, tables, user roles and rights in MySQL

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your feature requests along to the product team! :)

Amar Tiwari

Best product

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-26

i am much impress by using this cc. its provide easy steps to add sql server under single cluster.. i am impressed.

Pros
This is the best product to support SQL cluster and it provide very easy interface to manage the cluster. I always would like to prefer this when my company will setup the sql/mysql cluster in our infrastructure.

Cons
interface and easy to add. interface is good enough.. its provide many option which provide admin time to run a command over this.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your trying out our product and hope you can use it in your infrastructure!

Anonymous

A must have for database management

Reviewed 2018-08-30

I use ClusterControl to deploy and manage galera cluster of my clients. Saved so much time deploying and monitoring clusters with CC.

Pros
Easy to use. You can create a cluster and monitor your database with ease ! No need to worry about boring configuration, CC do the work.

Cons
Price per node is a little bit to expensive but worth it

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for the review, we are very grateful for your kind words!

ClusterControl

Reviewed 2018-09-05

SeveralNines provides helpful insights to database management in their blogs/articles. Their support is professional and knowledgeable.

Pros
The automated features of setting up cluster nodes, maintaining them with auto fail over, maintenance upgrades make management a breeze.

Cons
Pricey for small businesses. Community version missing some of the automated features that would make it viable for small businesses.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback. We feel that our pricing in competitive with the market but understand the small business challenge. I hope you spoke with our sales team as we may have been able to work with you on it.

Kamal Rahmati

My Experience about cluster control

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Pros
- Ease of installation - Good documentation - Ease of cluster recovery - Very good GUI - Very good monitoring features

Cons
- Community version don't have essential features like adding new nodes

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback, Deployment should have allowed you to add a clustered setup with the community version but feel free to open a support ticket if you are running into issues

Lean and clean

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Good experience

Pros
Comprehensive and efficient tool to manage a cluster of Galera servers.

Cons
a few tuning hints would have been great.

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris Paraskeva

A moderate Cluster Control web application with great potential.

Reviewed 2020-06-19

A good attempt to fellow developers for creating a tool for making a part of the DevOps much easier. However, has a long path to walk...

Pros
- Cloud based - Easy deployment - Zero configuration

Cons
- A lot of functionalities don't work (e.g. import a cluster) - False alarms on various event (already opened issue still no actions taken)

Response from Severalnines

We're sorry you were able to get ClusterControl operating on LXC. It's, unfortunately, not a supported environment and we haven't done any testing on it. Because of this, we're not surprised you had issues. Our support team reached out ot you on the 22nd but we didn't get a response. Please reach back out to our support if you would like to talk about it more.

Brandon Smith

I couldn't get your software to work in my deployment.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

After attempting to use this software I benefited from the experience of deployment of my cluster manually.

Pros
I didn't pay any money to use your products. Your user interface is very pretty. You're software installed easily. Everything would have been great if it deployed my cluster.

Cons
Your product did not implement the cluster in my deployment. I ended up deploying the cluster manually.

Response from Severalnines

Very sorry you weren't able to get the cluster working. I wish you had contacted our team as we offer 24/7 support during the enterprise trial period to ensure everyone get's up and running, I hope you'll give us another chance :)

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Judge Gifkins

Great product, large price

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Overall the solution is great. The interface was intuitive and easy to use.

Pros
Being able to implement IaaS services on premise or private cloud, across differing technology stacks is awesome. Preventing vendor lock in while enabling functionality is great.

Cons
Unfortunately my organisation wasn't prepared to spend the necessary funds for the product, despite it's functionality.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, sorry your organization sees us as cost prohibitive. I hope you spoke with our sales to see if we can work something out.

Anonymous

Great product, easy to use

None yet

Pros
It's rich features such as mysql failover, alerts and high availability. Moreover roles of users foynd to be useful too.

Cons
Price is quite high knowing that it works on open source technologies. Price model could be reviewed.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you are taking advantage of our HA functions. I will pass your pricing feedback to the management team

Mouhsen Ibrahim

Easy to use and gives lots of information to help in database management and monitoring.

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Pros
I like its free version used for monitoring and deploying database clusters. The query analyzer is great to get an idea about the type of queries running on the database servers and their execution time. The advisors panel gives a quick and nice advice about the status of the cluster and how it can be improved.

Cons
I think it must provide graphs for query response time as this time is the most important measurement of performance. The update process using ansible role was not so helpful so I needed to update using the shell script.

Pascal Dorion

Best Cluster Manager

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Was a breeze to install and setup. Lots of fun and power!

Pros
Easy to use, it just works and support is top notch.

Cons
Still not fully cloud compatible. Works with public clouds, we are a CSP and would like to have multi-tenant functionalities.

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for the great comments and feedback, we have a great deal of cloud integration on the roadmap, if you have specific requests please send them to us through a support ticket.

Anonymous

It's easy to use and maintain with minimal effort. It also decreases the overall time of deployment.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
Wide range of db support and ease of use. Overall deployment time of database clusters in large environments has decreases significantly.

Cons
Support for more products. Current it only works with Mongo db and myself but I could be a great tool for other dbs.

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for your feedback, I think you meant MySQL (not myself) but we do also support PostgreSQL!

Davide Sereno

HA for everyone

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Using Postgres as an enterprise platform is no more a pain.

Pros
ease of use rapidity of deployement supported platforms monitoring tools

Cons
nothing, the product is really cool. I managed creating a two nodes cluster using postgres in less than two hours.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback, we're planning on adding a lot more support for PostgreSQL in the near future so stay tuned!

Anonymous

It was a very good experience, easy to use, and a good product.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
I really liked this software, the ease of use was tremendous, and the monitoring that is available for the product is stellar. The best part about it is that it works as advertised!

Cons

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your review, I will pass your feedback along to the product team

Jati Nurohman

Review ClusterControl

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Pros
The most i like about this software is the easier to deploy a database cluster with its loadbalancer in only some few steps. I don't need to enter each machine to configure. In other side, clustercontrol also help me to monitor the database cluster realtime and warn me when the cluster goes wrong. really great app

Cons
One thing that severalnines team to improve this software is about the ability to install the cluster without disabling the selinux and/or firewall. Because in this release version, I still need to reenable the selinux and firewall after installation is success.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your input and I will pass it along to the product team.

Chris Boshaw

Excellent product and even better customer support

Reviewed 2015-04-08

Pros: Easiest management of a synchronous, Galera, MySQL cluster. Add, restart or reboot any data node in the cluster. Full notification of node status. Also has graphical displays of node CPU, Drive and RAM usage. It also will manage a HAProxy/Keepalived Load Balancing configuration. Best decision I ever made to setup a Highly Available database for my web-based application, Shop Boss Pro. Cons: None

Arek Bar

Good product, not enough value for small business

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Pros
Ease of use, easy to manage multiple clusters

Cons
The cost is prohibitive for a small business. Free tools perform similarly.

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we know that you can accomplish a lot of what ClusterControl does with multiple tools and scripts but we think the time you save far outweighs the costs

Anonymous

Very reasonable experience, finding information was easy on their site.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-08

I got an easy way to deploy, configure, and monitor a mysql cluster. It was a great help.

Pros
I liked that the company touched base with me after my initial download. It was just the push I needed to keep going and get the software evaluated.

Cons
It was somewhat cumbersome to get installed and running. Installtion instructions were detailed, but for me somewhat hard to follow.

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for the feedback! We are always looking to improve our install experience and will pass along your feedback to the product team.

Manuel Fraga Castro

I build a Mysql cluster with 3 nodes on a customer ibfraestructure

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-01

Talking about clusters, our experience is that it fells more confortable to administrators and users to have a dashboard and automatic task.

Pros
It's easy to understand and deploy. Automatic task makes the setup process more confortable. Users feel sure with automatic backup and guided restore. Data visualization is great to understand whats happening. Software seems very professional.

Cons
It's very expensive, I tried that customer buy it but it's hard to justify a so high cost. If you don't have the pro version some changes on configuration are slow and complex. Alerts like system is swapping repeats over and over, however system is configured as specified in the installation guide

Response from Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we are always evaluating our pricing model hope we can find a package that works for you!

Johnson Gurrea

Friendly and easy to manage

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2020-07-08

Pros
I like the keep active, HA and replication features

Cons
Not supported with latest release of ubuntu 20, i spend time troubleshooting when i check the documents I found it's not yet supported.

Vincent Heinz

Amazing! Just the price friendly system we looked for.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
I like most that you can easily manage your multiple database servers and get a nicd chance to feel like a pro for little money.

Cons
I don`t have much bad to say, I just like it like this. Probably its a bit difficult to handle as an beginner but due to the great bandwith of their wiki you are able to learn fast.

Response from Severalnines

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it!