ClusterControl

Database management software with data backup tool

ClusterControl Reviews - Page 3

It was a very good experience, easy to use, and a good product.

Pros

I really liked this software, the ease of use was tremendous, and the monitoring that is available for the product is stellar. The best part about it is that it works as advertised!

Cons

I think it must provide graphs for query response time as this time is the most important measurement of performance. The update process using ansible role was not so helpful so I needed to update using the shell script.

Thank you for your review, I will pass your feedback along to the product team

Excellent product and even better customer support

Pros: Easiest management of a synchronous, Galera, MySQL cluster. Add, restart or reboot any data node in the cluster. Full notification of node status. Also has graphical displays of node CPU, Drive and RAM usage. It also will manage a HAProxy/Keepalived Load Balancing configuration. Best decision I ever made to setup a Highly Available database for my web-based application, Shop Boss Pro. Cons: None

Cons

Good product, not enough value for small business

Pros

Ease of use, easy to manage multiple clusters

Cons

The cost is prohibitive for a small business. Free tools perform similarly.

Thank you for your feedback, we know that you can accomplish a lot of what ClusterControl does with multiple tools and scripts but we think the time you save far outweighs the costs

Very reasonable experience, finding information was easy on their site.

I got an easy way to deploy, configure, and monitor a mysql cluster. It was a great help.

Pros

I liked that the company touched base with me after my initial download. It was just the push I needed to keep going and get the software evaluated.

Cons

It was somewhat cumbersome to get installed and running. Installtion instructions were detailed, but for me somewhat hard to follow.

Thanks for the feedback! We are always looking to improve our install experience and will pass along your feedback to the product team.

I build a Mysql cluster with 3 nodes on a customer ibfraestructure

Talking about clusters, our experience is that it fells more confortable to administrators and users to have a dashboard and automatic task.

Pros

It's easy to understand and deploy. Automatic task makes the setup process more confortable. Users feel sure with automatic backup and guided restore. Data visualization is great to understand whats happening. Software seems very professional.

Cons

It's very expensive, I tried that customer buy it but it's hard to justify a so high cost. If you don't have the pro version some changes on configuration are slow and complex. Alerts like system is swapping repeats over and over, however system is configured as specified in the installation guide

Thank you for your feedback, we are always evaluating our pricing model hope we can find a package that works for you!

Amazing! Just the price friendly system we looked for.

Pros

I like most that you can easily manage your multiple database servers and get a nicd chance to feel like a pro for little money.

Cons

I don`t have much bad to say, I just like it like this. Probably its a bit difficult to handle as an beginner but due to the great bandwith of their wiki you are able to learn fast.

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it!

hard to install, not working with nginx out of the box.

Pros

Cons

while i have already webstack installed and running, this app is trying to install own webstack packages, like mariadb, httpd php etc... it breaks. no proper nginx configuration, so you have to dig into errors, obviously not working.

We're sorry you were not able to get ClusterControl up and running on your setup. I checked and did not find any support requests from you, we offer 24/7 support for those in our trial period and wish we had the opportunity to help you get it working

ClusterControl Observations

Deploying master-slave replication was straightforward and managing the individual nodes is intuitive

Pros

The point -and-click environment makes administrating databases easier than from the command line interface.

Cons

Currently using the community version, so cannot say at this point

Thank you for your feedback, we value our community users a lot!

Excelent platform...

Pros

The graphical interface makes easy the db replication managment, and the monitoring system is the best tha I am used...

Cons

The cost is only limit to develop on more proyects her on my country the cost is very expensive and are some proyects that could be use this software if the cost could be more cheap...

Thank you for your feedback, we are always trying to find the balance between pricing and features and are constantly brainstorming ways to make the software more cost effective.

The solution doesnt work

Pros

We have not got a chance to evaluate it due to configuration issues

Cons

th solution doesnt work, unable to make it work, even after thoroughly following instructions and your support

I am very sorry you were unable to get the solution to install correctly. We will look into your support request and see if there is anyway we can improve the configuration process

good tool

Pros

This is a very good tool to manage cluster from GUI. deploying nodes and monitoring performance is very good. user flexibility is also very good.

Cons

Adding some extra hints for every option will help for the users

Thank you for the feedback, that is some great feedback and I will pass it along to the team!

great

Pros

good software. easy to manage cluster and database

Cons

monitoring of database.. query advisor.. ssh console to nodes

Thanks for your review, Would love to hear more details about the issues you had with monitoring.

Cluster control is easy to use database system we can easily manage, monitor and autoscale cluster

Pros

we can repeatedly deploy the database also we can choose technology stack by our self. Complete Lifecycle Management. Automate failovers, recovery and day to day tasks uniformly across polyglot databases and dynamic infrastructures.

Cons

This software is having highest cost, ClusterControl does the above trick when pulling and parsing the Slow Query log to overcome the problems with offsets. because of that continuous sampling might miss some queries during steps 3 to 5.

Thank you for your review and feedback, we will pass it along to the product team

Cluster Control is a great Software

Pros

I like they full control of Cluster Control to make a hight availability environment.

Cons

The price for the license yo the users that works Freelance.

Thanks for your feedback!

Need more functionnalities to evaluate

Nothing really huge, just a tried native clustering setup with MongoDB 4 and Mysql Community 5. 50% of success.

Pros

Looks easy for the setup, and full of good features

Cons

Some errors are really blocking and can demotivate a newbie

Sorry you ran into challenges, I'd encourage you to reach out to our team for support.

very easy to use

Pros

very easy to use and u can acces a lot of things like the scripts and the jobs are easy to make, it was helpful.

Cons

Thank you for your feedback, best of luck in your studies!