Codenvy Logo

On-Demand Developer Workspaces with a built in cloud IDE.

Codenvy Reviews - Page 6

JW

James W.

Great Cloud IDE.

Pros: Quick to setup and start coding anywhere you would like to via the web. It is very simple and easy to use and understand. I particularly like the added feature of Android and Python lang. support. As stated it's very simple signup, click projects, new project, and click the desire platform/language you would like to code your project in. Con: Big con for me, anyhow is that it does not support cloud C# development. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars for overall.

LA

Luis A.

A great experience with Codenvy

This IDE rocks, really. I have used almost all IDEs that exist from Eclipse to Netbeans to Jetbrains, and some cloud-based IDEs, but Codenvy is the best. It has real-time collaboration, the setup is very easy. It has git support and integrates with GitHub and BitBucket. And if you are a little hipster like me, it uses Docker to isolate workspaces. But the best is the free tier with 512 MB of RAM and unlimited workspaces, free and public projects and developers. That's awesome.

NL

Nick L.

Awesome...Easy, Efficient, and Effective

At my high school, we were having a multitude of issues in my programming class because our computers could not run Python effectively. Thankfully, we found Codenvy and it allowed us to make our projects, save them online, and have them all organized in one portal for easy use. Customer service was great with helping us and the "help" button on the website was surprisingly helpful (given that on most websites they are useless). I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

CK

Caehlin K.

Easy to use when away from computer

I'm a computer science student, and was trying to work on some Java assignments for my class. I was away from my computers which had my regular IDE on it, and really needed to work on an assignment. So I was looking at online IDE's, and found Codenvy! It was beautifully laid out and easy to work with. There are a wide variety of languages you can program in, and even test and run things you create. It's easy to customize and fun to use! Will use codenvy when I need to code ASAP!

Stephen K.

Management Consulting,

Cloud IDE

I tried codenvy for personnal development. It permits to code, link to git small or big software also in C++. It is also very useful to personalize compilation chain using cmake through Docker. I just began trying using it, but now i have an IDE everywhere :D

Pros

- IDE available everywhere - Git integration - Java, C++, Python, A lot of languages - Docker

Cons

- Editor preference not accessible (using spaces instead of tabs, etc.),

AV

Alnoor V.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Really great platform!

I use Codenvy to build my mentoring project and it works so well. I can connect to GitHub and login and save my repositories. As well as sign in with my Google/FB account to not give away too much information.

RL

Ryan L.

Extremely Convenient for on the Go Use

PROS: - Fairly simple to use and navigate - Extremely convenient for on the go us or when on a guest computers - Surprisingly, it had no issues - Saved my files after going offline or disconnecting - Easy to start/set-up programming I have used Codenvy for the last few months and it has worked great, it is obviously a web-based application and thus there are understandable limitations. It gets the job done and being web-based makes it extremely convenient.

HZ

Hong Ze T.

A Thumbs Up!

A useful tool. Can run different projects without installing working environment. It is essential when you come across a brilliant idea but with no compiler around. You may just use any PC available, log in your account and see if your idea works. It is also very convenient when learning a language and try to do a experiment on some points. On top of that, it's FREE! The only cons that I can think of is that Codenvy is not entirely user-friendly.

CH

Casper H.

Splendid way of working!

I have just started using Codenvy, but MAN, I was blown away from the very first go! Accessible, easy to get into, great introduction and all of this or free? Yeh, and on top, the pricing model for paid services seem more than fair, too! You need a place to do development, while working from potentially more computers? Your company laptop does not allow you to install the development tools you need? Then Codenvy is the place for you go be! Just like me :)

FC

Frank C.

Codenvy Experience

I started coding with codenvy , and thought it was pretty good for writing code and also being able to carry them out. however , I believe that is web based so, when my computer runs on slower internet, it lags, I wish it was a program that could be downloaded. The accessibility is pretty good when in good internet. The ease of use is pretty good , but its java editor is not the best especially compared eclipse. OTher wise codenvy is one of my favorites.

LF

Luke F.

Very nice

It's very handy if you are a student with a Chromebook. If you want to develop apps and whatnot on a Chromebook this is for you. It is amazing considering that now you don't have too buy a over-priced Mac or a slow windows note book to code and develop. As far as the pros go that's pretty much it! Its a great way to code on chrome is. And for the cons it could have a better discropton and istructipns. Overall it's very nice and I reccomend it for chrome is users

BD

Bret D.

True cloud IDE!!

I was searching for a coding IDE that was cloud based, with a large variety of supported languages. Codenvy is the one! I just recently started using this, but I really love it so far! It has everything that you could possibly need for development. Pros: -Templates for each language -Saves to the cloud -Ability to code in any web browser -Generally better than any other IDE! Cons: -Time limit on how long you can run applications and programs

HS

Harneet S.

Amazing IDE needs a wee bit more stuff ( greedy me)!!

I was looking for something to quickly create and debug python scripts !! just the came across codenvy and I am glad that I did gave it a shot. I would not be reviewing each and every feature of the IDE , as I have only used a handful of them. Whatever feature I have seen and used are amazing. however I would like it to support c# as language and also have offline capabilities. Once I got those I will make it my default IDE!!! Cheers!! and happy coding

Vijay R.

Not very user friendly for a beginner

I used Codenvy to hone my coding skills and to gain some practice before a job interview. However, I felt the user interface to be a bit confusing. For instance, I had difficulty finding the command window for compiling my code (I really wanted to practice compiling rather than hitting the Build button), as I wanted to try out various compiler switches, etc. But otherwise, the tool has been very useful and has a good scope for improvement.

JM

Jacek M.

Application programing

Cons: requires internet to be reachable :) Pros: creating new project and setting its properties takes seconds, simple and very intuitive GUI, almost no time to learn how to use mostly needed functions, integrated with Maven and Ant. Overall: one of the best (i think it's the best) online IDE, and if you use multiple computers and you want to have all your projects together, there is no other platform that would fit it better than Codeenvy for you.

PS

Paul S.

Love the product but it's not ready to replace my IDE of choice.

Pros Love having my workspace anywhere. Easy to be sure everyone on a team has the same workspace. Pretty close the experience I have in my IDE of choice but still not quite there Cons I use keyboard shortcuts for everything. I need my mouse too much with Codeenvy Need to have more code generation options. Like automating the creation of get and set methods for properties and such. Refactoring tools are not rich enough yet.

BM

Branodn M.

Great Program, devolpers should take a look

This is one of the coolest IDE's i have ever used, I love the cloud integration. Although the basic version doesn't have everything it is great, for finding our if this is the right program for you to use. Something that I wish that it would have eventually is drag and drop support and for some languages, it isn't all that well supported, but im sure in time they will offer full support. Codenvy is my go to cloud IDE when im in need of one!

AY

Aaron Y.

Codenvy == Good to Go

Firstly I would like to say thank you for a beautiful product. Codenvy was a great tool to utilize and discover how to utilize. I recently had a group project for my baccalaureate class and was able to effectively manage all my team through the use of Codenvy. I believe that this product has the ability to be the standard for small business who really cannot afford application licensing as they only have so few developers. Again great product.

JS

Jake S.

Cloud IDE done right

I just started using Codenvy but already couldn't think of my Chromebook without it. It's a very versatile IDE with cloud integration done right. Great for college courses with their different requirements. At first it's a bit confusing with Gigabyte Hours, Runners and Charges, as well as the Pricing model but easy to get used to it. Mostly because starting an example project is easy and everything makes sense when in action.

FB

Flemming B.

10,001+ employees

Great Cloud IDE

The Codeenvy was really easy for us to use, and we were quickly up and running. We have tried with other cloud solutions but this one was really the best ones. As we are several developers working on the project is really a benefit for us to have it in the "Cloud"

Pros

fast setup, easy to use and just great!

Cons

websocket requirement.... in one of our developer officer the firewall is blocking websocket :(

DW

Drew W.

Codenvy is almost there

I haven't dived deeply into Codenvy yet (mainly because it doesn't support our in-house revision management system), but for projects that need consistency, support when you need it and deep integration features Codenvy is what you need. PROS: -> Clean UI -> Easy to figure out -> Reasonable pricing CONS: -> No FTP/FTPS/SFTP support -> Inability to define your own revision management system (ours is just a bash script)

ĀM

Āarồus M.

Computer Software,

Developing on Codenvy

I like Codenvy environment because it's simple free and secure, in fact it too easy to begin with. If you're trying to develop your projects on multiple computers but saving them into one safe place Codenvy is the best choice for you. Codenvy has lot of features like syntax highlight and line numbers to make the development more clear and easy...

Pros

syntax highlight. line numbers. dark theme XD. and much more...

TY

Terry Y.

Codenvy Newbie!

I like the IDE environment. As a new user, I must say, running the javascript "Hello world" simple program did not go off without a hitch. However, the company was very helpful in sending some training/tutorial information and so I hope to be coding better soon. I am hoping to use this with my students who are (two) doing some math assignments as programming projects. Thanks Codenvy for your work on this project!

FW

Florian W.

Information Technology and Services,

Missing mobile-apps

Overall, codenvy is a really cool tool for developers to collaborate with teammates. But there´s one thing i really would like to see in the future: Mobile-Apps for iPhone & iPad.. Because when i´m on my way to a client, i often have to change something.. A mobile-app would help me out with this issue.

Pros

Collaborating with teammates, it´s easy to use, access from "everywhere"

Cons

Missing mobile apps..

DR

Deepika R.

If you are into programming, you really need to take a look at Codenvy.

I feel very glad that I am one amongst thousands of code envy users. If you are looking for a tool to empower your coding anytime, anywhere, without going throught the hassle of downloading, installing, and configuring any IDE on your computer, Codenvy is definitely what you are looking for. Codenvy has a huge language support, and a sleek GUI. However, there is still a need to improve some things here and there.