Swiftic Reviews

Misty S.

Very good interface, good instructions, good tutorials. Good tools, explanations of how to use them.

Tari D.

Great for small businesses that want to promote their organization via mobile application.

Cons

However their sales tactics made it an awful experience for me.

Jakota W.

Ricardo R.

Disappointing Sales Tactics, and rip you off when you sign up as a reseller.

Jakota W.

2.8

Most Affordable Way to Develop a Mobile App for a Small Business

As a software developer and a previous small business owner I wanted to combine two of my strengths so I became a Como reseller. I have built several apps under my label and a few for a local website developer. As a developer I found it easy to use and was patient enough to wait for the 1 day turn around on priority support when needed. I think because I my technical background I was able to leverage the many API's they have for integrating with other systems such as Eventbrite events and Soundcloud music. I think the average person off the street would have some difficulties. As a technical person I am having trouble marketing my services and connecting to those who want to purchase/build an app. The product gets updated on a regular basis as well so I see tiny improvements.

Pros

You see the app on a phone emulator as you are building it, customer dashboard, built in landing page, push notification, decent support (for resellers). I sell it as a tool in your marketing toolkit to compliment your website and marketing effort.

Cons

Have to buy 10 apps at a time whether you sell them or not. No back end database so the functionality is limited - you can't use it to build the zillion $ app that everyone is going to download.

Barbara, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! At the moment, we’re in the process of expanding our platform with new and exciting features that we’re sure will not only make the platform more user-friendly, but will bring tremendous value to our users’ businesses. We also have a comprehensive Help Center with how-to articles, instructional videos, and a customer support team that is always available to help users with any technical issues that might arise. We’re very happy that you’ve partnered up with Como and we truly appreciate your feedback! Always at your service, The Como Team

Improved Communication

Upon reading my first review, the tech support of Como contacted me right away. There were in extremely helpful in making sure the app process was done correctly and finished in the proper manner. They insisted it was a miscommunication and that someone on their end had let the ball drop with tech support. I was very encouraged and grateful for the step by step help and ultimate progress.

Pros

Once in contact with a person on the phone, the process was explained and they were very helpful

Cons

It can be very frustrating if not tech savvy.

Thank you, Jackie. We’re glad to hear that our customer support team was able to quickly resolve the issue and that your experience with Como has been much improved. If you have any trouble in the future, we’re always happy to help! Please also feel free to check out our comprehensive Help Center which offers informative articles, instructional videos, and more to make the app creation process easier for all users. Always at your service, The Como Team

App Process is Great - Not-Real-Time Customer Service Severely Lagging

I'm a solo designer and made a tour app for a winery. I saw this app creation process as straightforward and it worked well right out of the box. And the submission process would probably have gone well too, if I hadn't tried to submit it myself, and when the certificate file wouldn't load, and then I clicked the friendly green button that said "we'll submit it for you if you upgrade". So I upgraded....

Pros

Cons

Remote customer service with limited knowledge of how to solve true technical problems.

Hi Tari, Sorry to hear that your current frustrations with our Support Process so far. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the relevant department so we may improve our customers experience moving forward. As there was an issue in confirming the Apple log in credentials, we apologize for the delay in submitting the app to iTunes. The app is now live in Google Play and has been submitted to iTunes and is currently awaiting review . As soon as the app is published you will be notified via email. Please contact our Support Team via http://www.como.com/help-center-contact-us/ regarding any inquires for your app and Como Account. Best Regards, The Como Team

Great for small businesses

Pros

Cons

A bit buggy need to work harder to clear out all the bugs

Disappointed with Customer Service

I have tried to resolve some issues via email as that is the only way to contact them, apparently. I needed to change my credit card on file. The ""Help" desk referred me to my invoice (which I never received) for an account number for a billing service 'BluSnap". I emailed and received no response regarding how to find my 'BluSnap' account number. I had quit using the debit card on file...

Pros

I like the app and it was relatively easy to create for a non-techie. I like that I can use my own background for branding with my website. It was awesome to have the team do all the 'coding' and such to submit after the lay-out was completed.

Cons

I submitted my App to Google and Apple with a purchased image I was using temporarily that I created as a Favicon since I couldn't figure out how to scale my logo to fit. I now have to resubmit my App to both Google and Apple AND pay again to simply change the logo. Not sure if that is a Como thing or an App thing but I don't recall any warning that the image could not be changed...sigh...

Every changing sales tactics to get more money out of you

I have used Como services since they were promoting it as "Conduit". Their app building service is great, and they do provide the service. However their sales tactics made it an awful experience for me. I received a call from their sales guys about 16-18 months ago, they can offer a package deal of 30 apps for US $300 per month, with an option to purchase more if I wanted in blocks of 30 apps...

Pros

EASE of use, and fast building

Cons

Disappointing Sales Tactics, and rip you off when you sign up as a reseller. ( they really should be helping resellers promote their business, instead you will be ripped off)

POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I liked Como's app maker and format and found it easy to use. But their program still has bugs in them to be worked out and I agree with Jackie Smart about the customer assistance, as I am having the exact same problems trying to get help in fixing these errors which almost seems hopeless. They do not answer my many emails, and while I found sending messages on their facebook page did work all I...

Cons

Hi Evan, we’re sorry to hear about the issues you recently experienced! We are eager to be of immediate assistance—however, we could not find your details in our system. Is it possible to send us your contact information through our contact form (hyperlink: https://help.como.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) so that we can respond to you directly? Please note that our customer success specialists are...

Snarky customer support

Not for the faint of heart. Even though it is a premium service, they offer no phone support and when they respond to email it is often days later with a dash of attitude.

Pros

Intuitive interface. Some very nice features, and basic templates.

Cons

Can not customize CSS or Template. No phone support. Allowed style changes too limiting.

Trash customer service

I am having a problem to submit my app on Apple Store. It keeps saying that I don't have Apple developer ID, but I have it! I also called Apple to see if there any problem with my ID and they said that is ok. This has been going on now for a few weeks. Very hard to get hold of someone from your company to help me with this problem. I need submit my app to keep my marketing campaign and this problem has made me lose money. It also happened with the Google Play, but I already submit it manually. Is there an issue with the photo section on the app? It is saying my instagram is unidentified which is not so.

Truffa

Pros

Nulla , davvero un pessimo servizio, non la consiglierei mai a nessuno visto che non ho ottenuto nulla a parte il continuo scalare dei soldi dalla mia carta

Cons

mi hanno continuato a scalare i soldi senza che io abbia ancora l’applicazione dopo 2 mesi che l’ho fatta e ora non riesco ad eliminarla, se non mi ridanno i soldi e non eliminano l’app vado a denunciarli all’istante

Frustrating

Pros

You can build your own app. The fact that you can actually make an app and have it available for download is good.

Cons

Every time I go to their website either to update an app or to find an invoice my blood pressure rises. Just finding and printing an invoice is difficult. Then it prints one invoice on 18 pages because it hasn't been set up to print. Need an answer from customer service on something that seems simple? You'll have to wait at least 24 hours. I dread every time I have to deal with that app.

The most complete loyalty tool

We tried with many different loyalty models with our customers, but non of them were fully customizable. ComoSense helped us build a complete loyalty program integrated to our POS, with direct communication with our customers,