Docparser Reviews

4.78/5 (77 reviews)
Pros
  • Ability to create flexible rules and multiple models
  • Very easy to set up and once it is set up it is mostly automatic.
  • Simple, Easy, and clean interface. Make the job very easy. Helpful support when needed.
  • Ability to extract data from documents that was impossible with much more complicated & expensive solutions.
Cons
  • Nothing comes to mind, all my needs were met
  • No ability to import directly into a google sheet.
  • Haven’t used it long enough to find any real faults
  • Mostly good, some improvement for easier testing may be required.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Samantha Lange

Easy to use and usefull

Reviewed 2018-03-15

It was really easy to learn how to use it.

Pros
It is well organized and intuitive, and it is really fast to find what i am looking for and allows me to save time.

Cons
The colours in the page are limited and i was not be able to find tutorials in differents languages, like spanish.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Makes CRM integration easy

Reviewed 2019-04-01

This has save hours every week performing data entry and eliminate human error.

Pros
The interface and functions are easy to navigate and it is flexible enough to take data provided by a business partner in PDF form and convert it for easy import into our CRM with a Zapier Zap. This previously took hours every week of manually data entry. Now the process is completely automated.

Cons
The regular expression search and replace doesn't work exactly as I would expect. I had to create multiple regex search and replace filters that should be possible in one. It could be a misunderstanding on my part.

Great product

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Pros
It's relatively quick to set up parsing jobs with a minimum of technical ability. I'm always looking for low-code ways to automate workflows. There isn't another solution out there that is really comparable as far as I know.

Cons
It's not meant for high production short term jobs, their pricing is set up more for a steady volume, and the credits purchased each month don't roll over. But for creating multiple, recurring, steady volume jobs it's extremely well worth it.

Response from Docparser

Thanks for the review! I just wanted to let you know that we actually offer one-time purchases for jobs starting at around 20k+ documents.

Dan Browning

Saves the hiring of another employee

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-23

As an event videographer and producer of live webcasts I need information in a uniform spreadsheet format. At two of the events I do the office can only export in a .csv format that is never uniform or a PDF which is always formatted the same. This application made it easy to set up one template at the beginning of the event and have it automatically reformat the information into an excel format where it could then be easily converted to a google sheet which was the final goal. Without this app it would have been many hours of data entry by hand.

Pros
Very easy to set up and once it is set up it is mostly automatic.

Cons
No ability to import directly into a google sheet.

Johnette Hassell

Parsing .pdf files

Reviewed 2019-03-10

Pros
This is one of the coolest and fun to use tools I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone who has lots of invoices or other documents to parse.

Cons
This software is not ready for big time users. I had 50k+ files to parse, and the constraints around input set size and output set size were too restrictive for me to work effectively. If you are going to be a big time user, I suggest you have a discussion with their support about the various limits. Admittedly, my situation is not their standard use case. But it works beautifully if you fit within their limits.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Andy Morris

Sweet software. Easy to use. Very effective. Hugely labor saving.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

We saved 60 man hours per month.

Pros
This was designed like I would have designed it except even better. These guys are visionary. We quickly designed a process that saved us 80 hours per month in labor.

Phil Parrish

Great Service for Processing Documents and Building Custom Workflows

Reviewed 2019-02-22

The overall experience is great. Pretty solid results and no loss of data that I know of.

Pros
This is pretty easy to use and makes processing documents easy. The features are robust and the possibilities are endless. It does take some experimenting to get the forms to parse correctly but the website makes it easy to see your results when testing your data filters

Cons
The cost seems a bit high for how we are using it but the value of what it does is there. We don't use it to its fullest potential.

Mikkel Bjarrum

Docparser is very powerfull in its ways of setting up robust rules to extract correct data

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Pros
Docparser has alot of rule options which makes it very easy to create robust rules so you are sure you get the correct data extracted even if the documents are not exactly the same. There are also alot of integration options. I use webhooks and it works perfect and is easy to use. I integrate to integromat with the webhook.

Cons
The pricing is a little bit too high for small business in my opinion. I cannot really find anything else :-)

charles lunden

amazing

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
It makes office jobs easier by formatting what ever PDF files you want into EXCEL with a blink of an eye. It's quick, it's super easy and anyone can do it. So reliable. I just wish I would have found this site years ago it would have saved me so much time.

Cons
The only thing I do not like is the fact that you can only drop 100 files at a time. It would be even quicker if you can just drop all of your files and just wait for it to save.

Isaac Szijjarto

Full Marks; Lifesaver

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Saved a ton of time.

Pros
I loved the ease of use. The process of dragging and dropping, identifying which columns of the bank statements I needed to extract into Excel, and then converting PDF scans into a flexible Excel that could then be adjusted into a CSV for importing into QBO became super simple and efficient with DocParser.

Cons
My only complaint is that DocParser collects its fees in USD which is a bit inconvenient for us Canadians.

Akash Patro

Document parsing made easy

Reviewed 2019-02-05

We were looking for pdf parser solution, started with custom code, but not able get the get the accuracy of docparser. It does one thing and does that really well.

Pros
Easy to use UI tool to write parsers. It takes very less time for me to write a new parser and integrate with the system

Cons
- lack of version control for a parser. - lack of support for password protected documents. Now it only supports for a static password that can be configured in docparser.

Nate Cannon

Docparser was a lifesaver in saving me hundreds of hours of manual data extraction work.

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Pros
A had several thousand complicated PDF files that I needed to extract data from, and Docparser ended up being the perfect tool. I greatly appreciate the clean and modern design aesthetic and the dead simple usability and intuitiveness of the tools. In stark contrast to many of the other services out there (and I've dabbled with several), the learning curve here is very minimal. Don't let the simplicity and ease of use fool you though--there is also depth to the tool that easily handled all of my parsing needs. I was also impressed with the customer service, which I have used several times as questions have popped up.

Cons
The customer service email responses weren't always fast, but they were always helpful and thoughtful.

Greg Joelson

Docpaser

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-30

Very pleased with the functionality and integration options. Simple to use.

Pros

Cons
Haven’t used it long enough to find any real faults

Rishi Pattar

So far, so good. I like the ability of being able to turn paper into Excel on the spot!

Reviewed 2018-04-11

Pros
Easy to use, great price for the value. We used to use AutoEntry, which is a great product, but the having to wait however long it might take would bottleneck us at times when we needed fast conversion. This solves the problem

Cons
As I have not utilized nearly the full breadth of the capabilities of this software, I think my only issue is that sometimes the rules can be a bit confusing.

Tony DP

Makes my work life a lot less stressful

Reviewed 2018-02-17

Pros
Converting my documents like PDF and JPG into exel format, the software allows you to fully extract the data over to excel. Also allows you to customize what you want to extract.

Best Tool We Never Knew We Needed

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Docparser is a great tool for people who have a large volume of incoming documents/forms. I never realized that something like this even existed, and I certainly wouldn't have expected it to be so reliable and smart. This has been a HUGE time-saver for us and is more than worth it.

Pros
In short, this software is smart and ridiculously reliable. We have been using this software to extract the pertinent data from incoming documents, and assembling the data into compartmentalized sections. I have particularly enjoyed its functionality with Google Docs and other Google files.

Cons
I have only encountered a couple of issues that I didn't know how to solve, and their customer service team was prompt to explain what I was misunderstanding. I have no complaints about Docparser.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Howard Abrams

Very impressed with functionality

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Time saved. More accurate data.

Pros
Very flexible and powerful options to extract the data I need from multiple vendors' invoice formats. It is saving significant amounts of data entry time.

Cons
Would like the ability to easily search for documents that have been uploaded. Also would like to specific what documents get parsed after making any modifications to layout rules.

Megan Bolanos

Perfect solution for data entry at our small business

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Saves time we wasted doing manual data entry.

Pros
It is very easy to use most importantly during the setup phase. No unnecessary frills. I really like that it gives the option to modify data that it parses before it is downloaded.

Cons
Monthly rates can be a little bit expensive for large batches of documents, but it works really well so I'm happy to pay it.

Kevin K

Automation made easy

Reviewed 2018-08-29

The set up was much easier than I initially thought and it just works as mentioned on the website!

Pros
Fast processing, powerful custom parsing rules, integration to my workflow apps allowed me to automate repetitive data entry workflow.

Cons
I think some people may find pricing to be high side of their budget but if you have use case it will worth the money.

David Abercrombie

Saves Time

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Pros
I love the ability to take different types of documents(mainly Purchase Orders) and parse the data from them. Now instead of manually entering all of that data, it is automatically uploaded to sheets and then to our database.

Cons
It does take some time to learn but it is pretty intuitive. Just stick with it and you'll figure it out.

Michael Galkovsky

Value from Unstructured Mess

Reviewed 2018-12-18

With docparser we took control of flood of customer emails and extracted order out of it including various messy pdfs and word docs. Now our docparser based processes allows us to focus on customer service, instead of randomized response by various team members.

Pros
Ability to create flexible rules and multiple models

Cons
Mostly good, some improvement for easier testing may be required.

Stephen Farkas

I was very impressed with the capabilities of Docparser which exceeded the more expensive options

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Extract data from complicated documents automatically saved lots of time, and and allowed for quicker turnaround times.

Pros

Cons
There is no phone support, which would be nice but its understandable though to keep costs low. Email support has been sufficient

Omar Moustafa

Amazing! looked everywhere for some sort of software for OCR and found an ONLINE VERSION!

Reviewed 2018-06-25

saves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get

Pros
It's Online and not slow at all and honestly does the same as OCR software if not better. No hassle of installation and maintenance.

Cons
it can't do fax's well, but yet again most OCRs cant. anything other than that I cant see any CONs.

Stefan N

Extracting structured data from PDF was never so easy

Reviewed 2019-01-20

Docparser solves my problem of extracting structured data from a scanned PDF

Pros
The software can be used also by non technical people. The whole extraction / parser process can be configured in an easy way.

Cons
I would really appreciate, if unused credits will be transferred to my account for the next months

Richard Starkey (CA)SA

Great solution, more flexible than other options so great for problem solving

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-12-23

I have a huge number of customer PO's in pdf format to convert to data for uploading to the accounting system. This saves me 20 hours per month so well worth it!

Pros
The flexibility and different parse options, other solutions were very limited in their setup and document type options. Also the uploading and processing were incredibly fast, as well as being easy to use and setup as well as trouble shoot where needed.

Cons
Nothing comes to mind, all my needs were met