Dotcom-Monitor

Site Uptime | Page Speed | App Functionality

Dotcom-Monitor Reviews

Pros

Joining Dotcom-Monitor was easy and the experience was great as they fulfilled our monitoring needs.

Laura G.

Easy to use and reflects the webpage speeds across the Globe pretty good. Really like that with one click you can test your webpage speeds on more than 20 servers at once.

Ema B.

This was an easy software to get set up and testing. The price was good and the staff was very helpful.

MICHAEL W.

Cons

When we used it to troubleshoot why our website was given an error, we were totally blown away by the diagnosis by the software.

Shadreck V.

Some services were missing. There could be more quota offered.

Nipun A.

The Web Services monitoring sadly did not go as far as I had hoped it would.

Robert M.

4.6

A good monitoring platform

Pros

Easy to set up. Good notification frequency. Good range of monitoring

Cons

Personally I don't like the name. It sounds like it just monitors web -- it actually does a lot more.

dotcom-monitor has grown and evolved since the last time I used it to include some cool features

Pros

Initially, I used this product solely for uptime monitoring but it now offers so much more!

Cons

For now my only blocker is price, and this is only because I only use a small subset of their tools (uptime monitoring)

Irshad -Chase

i used the trial and my experience was good, i was able to see value and get use, but that could not be translated to the management due to fact that it wasnt simple to read or understand to them.

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that i was able to pin point my delays with my web applications, and thus improve the quality of the server

Cons

the lack of simplicity, at times when this needs to be explained to management, its a lil difficult to make them see what you talking about when looking the reports, and when engaging with DEV, if its able to pick up anomolies that would be great

Price vs Features

Pros

The software does what it needs to do very well. The variable types of checks from numerous locations is very beneficial.

Cons

The price of the service has gotten disproportionate to its value. As such I was forced to another tool that might not be as feature packed but gets the job done at a price I can afford.

Great service for multiple reasons

Great! I use it daily to make sure everything is running good

Pros

The amount of servers that test my sites is awesome. Also that they give me an image of the landing page is great.

Cons

Some inconsistency in server response time readings. And you must refresh the page to test another site because otherwise it freaks out and gives you results from the last site you've tested

once you learn - you can master it

once you learn the abilities and capabilities- your life with your site will be much easier

Pros

once you learn the capabilities and how to use them, life can be much easier the ability to monitor server and pages from around the world in an automatic process worth a lot

Cons

the learning process on the product is a little bit harder then “plug & play” so need to dive deep into it

DotCom Insights

We have had a great experience using Dotcom-Monitor, especially with our HLS steams.

Pros

I love the ease of usability and the insights it gives our team into our infrastrucutre on a daily basis.

Cons

There was some questions if we could use DotCom-monitor to monitor streaming video, but we quickly had the questions answered.

love docom

good and brilliant, but the little of dolaars prevent me to get in and advertise my blogger. go ahead

Pros

can decrease the price to get and announce my bloggers and get more visitors

Cons

easy and get more views. it may be a pissing look but at all it si so good

Excellent Tool for Website Monitoring and Performance Testing

Pros

Web Page Monitoring is a great tool to monitor single page load time using real browsers.

Cons

Dotcom-Monitor is designed in a simple, easy to understand, user-friendly way that there is nothing that I dislike.

Great product to monitor a website

I loved dotcom-monitor.

Pros

The reports are very detailed. Love the graphs and pie-charts.

Cons

Would love to see more EU and Asian countries/locations in the "Uptime by location" section.

Good, but missing 1 important option

Mostly positive experiences, just need to eliminate false positives.

Pros

Ease to get up an running, was up less than an hour

Cons

Would like to see an option to allow me to select which source servers are monitoring my servers. Any server outside of the U.S.A will create false positives due to my GeoFilter rules applied. This cause my uptime status to be misleading.

Easy setup, great features

Satisfied.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and helps me track availability of my own app as well as third party apps that are embedded in our product. The configuration setting allow user to control minutest details such as frequency of checks.

Cons

Setting up complex user workflows for SaaS apps and recording performance is slightly difficult and perhaps there are other alternatives that do better.

The top solution for monitoring

It's our one-stop shop for all our monitoring needs.

Pros

Dotcom-Monitor is a very feature rich solution with a lot to offer. I predominantly use the BrowserView to manage an maintain the performance of our web properties and ServerView to monitor uptime and be notified of outages.

Cons

There’s no doubt that Dotcom Monitor has a lot of layers to offer, which can make it seem a little complex at first. However it is easy to get started.

Saved my bacon

Keeping maximum uptime

Pros

All my sites warn me if they go down and I can respond promptly

Cons

None really. It does what it says on they can

Great product

Excellent software for the money. Great Value!

Pros

Easy setup Saves time Great source of stats and information for my sites

Cons

Lacking some features Needs more integration

Experience from a ServiceNow Perspective

Pros

Checks the Uptime of a website every 5 mins from different server locations

Cons

Should provide a live update instead of every 5 mins as this makes a big difference in terms of customer experience. Also, I don't prefer the REST API call to be made from ServiceNow, would prefer a direct integration instead for a quicker configuration, if additional websites need to be tracked using the same tool.

We used Dotcom Monitor for a short time

Pros

We needed our website to be monitored for a short period, so we used it for a couple months. The reports came straight to our inbox and gave us timely notice of when our website was down or not preforming well.

Cons

We only needed the product for a short period.

Best monitoring tool for us

This is a reliable tool which really helped us to monitor and make the necessary adjustments in order to get the best webpage speeds for our platform.

Pros

Cons

For what we use this tool, there are no concerns.

A good tool, make my daily work easy

Pros

It’s easy to use, it’s fast and it helps since the first minute.

Cons

There is not a lot of options yet. Can improve the configurable options

Wasn't Quite What I Was Looking For

Pros

It was fairly easy to get setup in the platform. Less than 5 minutes from finding the site and I had a web services monitor up and running.

Cons

The Web Services monitoring sadly did not go as far as I had hoped it would. I didn't go in to that confidently because I hadn't seen a specific feature I was looking for mentioned on the site, but the detailed UI left me hoping for the possibility. The service is great for doing what I would sanity checks, but I had hoped for more in depth analysis of the assets being monitored to go beyond availability and veer into QC.

testing

Pros

works great for what we need. Lots of testing still going on for it

Cons

no problems in the testing so far, but we continue to eval

Good

Overall Good

Pros

User friendly. I like this product. Easy to install.

Cons

Nothing . Overall good software. Good captured

Amazing service

n/a

Pros

Good people, good practices, good words, good services

Cons

nothin special , best graphical user interface

Good. Lots of data, more than I could access elsewhere.

full performance overview of our online presence

Pros

All of the different reports I can pull using different sets of data. Other programs didn't offer everything I needed.

Cons

Pay as you go is nice to have, but i also miss just putting in a credit card and doing what I need to do and then looking at the bill at the end of the month.

Review for Dotcom Monitor

Happy and operated as needed.

Pros

When the US government updates their websites, I need to know ASAP. This service allows me to be worry-free. I can always count on it for critical and time-sensitive website updates.

Cons

Had no issues with the service. Worked as described.