diagrams.net Logo

diagrams.net

Open platform for creating & sharing diagrams

diagrams.net Reviews - Page 4

The Better Alternative to Lucid Charts

I love it. Apart from being free of cost, it's easy integration with our GDrive and really flexible building tools make it a no brainer when compared to other paid options on the market. The first thing that really caught my attention is the number of diagram options. Not just shapes, but so many other libraries to design flowcharts for just about any need ranging from high-level processes to technical diagrams.

Pros

Easily one of the most notable pros is that it integrates and saves files directly in our Gdrive. There's also a free app you can install for desktop that I also find handy.

Cons

When sharing diagram drafts, it often will ask multiple times to connect draw.io to your google. Minor thing. You also can't tag team members you've shared within the file comments.

Good flow chart app for free

It has all necessary tools for basic process flow charts

Pros

It's free and it's easy to use. It has all necessary tools for generating flow charts that I paste it to customer's reports and ISO 9001 procedures.

Cons

It's not as handy as MS Visio but for the price of zero, I can't complain about it. When Visio is not available, draw.io is my alternative.

My experience using Draw.io

My experience using draw.io has been superb, I hope they keep up with this standard.

Pros

What I like most about draw.io is that I can do almost all I want as a business analyst, it has a wide range of features that I can use for process modelling, entity relationship diagrams and screen mock-ups. What I also like a lot is that I can create ERDs using SQL scripts. I like that it can be accessed over the internet or via the desktop application.

Cons

I have not seen any feature I do not like, but if any does arises, I will not hesitate to reach out.

draw.io is the best charting and network diagram tool you didn't know you needed.

Recently I decided it was time to replace our aging network diagrams for a disaster recovery scenario and I found myself also tasked with creating a flowchart that would suffice as a partial software roadmap. my first inclination was to go with Visio, but then I remembered draw.io from a hobby project. remind me again of the name of that other free and open source graph/chart application? still thinking? that's ok, you don't have to. it was draw.io.

Pros

you just can't beat the price, the features, and the interface of this product. draw.io makes complicated charting and graphing as easy as clicking and dragging a mouse and hammering a keystroke now and then.

Cons

what's to dislike? possible the color of the icon; i'm not a fan of orange. also, the ability to have it create a chart based on spoken word would be a nice offering as well.

Draw.io free tool

I use the program to make network diagrams, where I can demonstrate to the company's customers how the physical structure of the equipment that served them was the same.

Pros

Draw.io is a free tool that allows you to create diagrams, flowcharts, mockups, schemas, etc., everything from your browser to use it is not necessary to create any specific account, just have a Gmail account, also comes with it is a set of templates that makes it easier to create some diagram.

Cons

Because it is a free tool and do everything that is proposed I believe that this software has no negative points.

Best app for producing diagrams and technical drawing

Pros

Connecting shapes has never been easier! I used this app to draw software diagram and the arrows are just automatically aligned and positioned! It has so many functions: sketching website layout, Gantt charts, etc. The template library is really enormous and helpful. The elements of a drawing (like circles, rectangles, ...) are also well-aligned in integer coordinates, creating little satisfaction in the drawing job.

Cons

Positioning a shape or a group of shapes can be a little painful. When I want two different-size rectangle to be centered position (which means the rectangle centers are vertically aligned), I have to do a little calculations before I could input the coordinates because the coordinates are always the left-top point. That's inconvenient. Draw.io should have nine reference points for each shape (or group of shapes) and setting the coordinates for any of these point will move the shape accordingly. It should be like in Adobe Illustrator. If that's completed, this software will be on another level of perfection.

A superior tool for my projects !

since i need a tool that can describes my projects, i found out that with Draw.io, i can show my projects in it's perfect look as it should !

Pros

1. it has a simple user interface ! 2. it is suitable for all ages ! 3. it totally free tool ! 4. you can upload your projects on your cloud account immediately once you have done :)

Cons

it has to be more optimized for all kind of platforms especially smartphones !

Best for create diagrams for software and easy for developers.

Pros

It's free for anyone and you can save your diagrams on drive git hub and others. very easy to use and create your own diagrams as per your requirements.

Cons

Not provide auto save functionality, some shapes are missing.

Now designing from a diagram, electronic circuits to a model is easy and fast with Deaw io.

Pros

It is an incredible application of Google Drive that allows us to draw and customize diagrams online and we do not need to register, an interesting point of this web tool, we can insert the diagram made in any website using a code generated by the application. It is quite simple and easy to use.

Cons

Definitely it is an interesting tool, and very complete that can be of great help for anyone without the need of extensive professional knowledge, it is not complicated that I do not see any negative aspect.

Your Secret Weapon for Excellent Flow Charts and Diagrams

I have been using draw.io for years and whenever I even think about trying a new software just because its new on the market, I regret it as it never meets the full potential that draw.io already has. If you have the opportunity to use draw.io and you have requirements for making diagrams, flow charts, or any visual aids, draw.io is your tool.

Pros

Draw.io is so easy to use that you'll feel like an expert who has been using it for years right off the bat. Its so simple and intuitive you'll be making excellent diagrams to fill any need in absolutely no time whatsoever. Its easily accessible and allows you to save instantly as well as connect with many widely used applications to make your job even easier. Best of all, collaboration is just as easy so you can work with anyone or just yourself and share. Draw.io is a hidden GEM!

Cons

none. Literally I have faced zero issues with draw.io. It meets all my needs, its fast, its lightweight, and best of all its accessible just about anywhere especially if you have an internet connection. The makers of draw.io made it too easy.

Amazing drawing tool

Overall this is the ultimate tool if you are looking to create highly efficient network diagrams. The Cisco tab is even the best in te market

Pros

If you are looking for workflow for processes or network architecture this is the best tool by far. I use it for network diagrams and by far it is the best. having access to a lot of objects to start your diagrams. using the templates are simply intuitive. real time collaboration is simply amazing as well

Cons

There are some funtion that could be improved. for example the images section is great however from time to time you may need to import your own design to help you with your projects. There is compatibility with Microsoft Office suit

Draw.io helping to do my assignment since day one

draw.io was supporting me through all my assignments on graphs charts and flow charts and still help me i really like it as it allows to embed the design in wiki pages and confluence as well

Pros

This software is so cool as it allows us to design various types of diagrams graphs, flow charts and so on with use of its inbuilt tools set or by simply importing external tools. And we can take the link and embed what we created in some other application. And also we can save the output in many different formats and if we save the xml we can reuse and add more items to the same design

Cons

Sometimes it does not let us customize the graph according to our need or it does not allow us to use externally imported tools as well.

Favorite visualizer

draw.io is my go-to tool for creating charts and diagrams. It's a beginner-friendly app with a lot of power-user features.

Pros

I'm a big fan of this graph design software. It makes the process of creating charts really intuitive. I'm mostly using it for designing flow charts for managing the support department and visualizing processes for my team and, occasionally, for clients who need a nicely visualized onboarding process in the app.

Cons

There's very little I don't like about draw.io. It's nice and simple, but the integration process with some other services isn't as straight-forward as the main app. Other than that, draw.io is a really good piece of software.

Creating flowcharts become easier with draw.io

Convenient and effective way to draw flow diagrams with draw.io

Pros

Main positive point is it has both Windows application and also the web application which makes things sync.

Cons

It's a bit slow in the web application compared to the Windows application and it makes the user experience a bit laggy.

Easy to use but...

overall a good experience, easy to pickup. Customer service response however is poor. Takes a long time to get back. Had a few incidents of lost maps, customer service took 4-6 weeks to respond, and at times didn't even respond

Pros

Easy to use, Easy to search. Ability to have collaboration between users. Workflow enabled to have process approved

Cons

Hard to maintain from an enterprise perspective. To an extent hard in create a standard within an organization, Hard to Audit and update versions Lost maps on occasion

Praticamente perfetto

Con diagrams.net ho risolto i problemi dei diagrammi di flusso per siti web e app. Lo uso anche per rudimentali wireframe e per generare mind map.

Pros

Software open source, gratuito, leggero e veloce. Ottimo per diagrammi di flusso e per qualunque altra idea venga in mente

Cons

Le funzioni di export potrebbero essere implementate meglio, e comunque tradisce la sua natura di web app con un look&feel non proprio nativo (io lo uso su un MacOs)

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Great tool for drawing diagrams

I use draw.io to draw software design diagrams at my work.

Pros

darw.io is a very nice app for the drawing diagrams, very quick and easy to use. The ability to export diagrams is very useful.

Cons

Once the diagrams get quite big, the interface is not the best to handle them, but besides that draw.io is a good piece of software.

Software Architecture modelling

if you need to create neat software architecture model, draw io is the one to go

Pros

you can use draw.io free of charge on the browser. It's easy to use and has a really big Pallet of objects to create good models.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to connect it with some other services, like dropbox. But they get better each day.

draw.io - Create flowcharts and diagrams easily online

Pros

* Easy to use WYSIWYG(What You Say Is What You Get) editor to create flowcharts/diagrams. * Completely web based and is very fast and responsive. * Many templates are provided to kick start our mockups and flowcharts. * Can export to HTML, PDF and other formats. * Works with major file storage and file sync providers like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc. * One the best tool to create UML diagrams which helps software architects and engineers. * All diagrams are SVG based and we can zoom in to great extent.

Cons

* Not possible to create UI mockups. It would be great if we get option in future to create UI mockups.

Amazing for quick sketches and the workflow creation

I needed to created several workflow tables and draw.io was the best solution out there. I always use this tool now for those kind of works.

Pros

I really like the simplisity of the tool and the ease of access. I have started using draw.io and right away solved all my needs for sketching ideas and the workflow creation.

Cons

The integrations and designs are biggest issues with this tool. Even though it integrated within Google Drive ecosystem, it has lots of bugs and needs some additional sophistication. Of course, it is not needed for master users, but I believe it would be nicer if the design became more pleasing.

A perfect free online diagram software

Pros

What I liked the most about this software are the almost unlimited option in creating diagrams, flowcharts, organisation charts, UML diagrams and many more. This software gives you the ability to load any template of their own or even upload your own template using a url. You can also find many guidelines and manuals as to how you can use the software, though it does not seem that necessary as the software is really easy to use if you know how to create in general a diagram.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes regarding this software. I can honestly say that whenever I needed to create any diagram or flowchart, this is my go to. I can save, recover and open what I was previously editing or creating and it is online, no need for unnecessary downloads, therefore you can access your diagram at any time, from anywhere.

Best solution for all your diagrams

Overall experience is satisfactory. It's great for drawing basic charts. but if you're planning on using this many times a day , I suggest using a paid tool as the features a kinda limited

Pros

I've used this online tool for several occasions for creating UML diagrams and and some other flowcharts. From the start it's very easy for anyone to use it. You can save your chart or diagram in the google drive , onedrive or even to your local hard drive. there's no login you just go there and start drawing. Simplest of the simple UIs I've ever seen. Plus it's free to use. And this tool offers a whole variety of charts and diagrams that are categorized based on the type of work such as engineering, maps related and so on. And you can save the chart in different formats such as PDF , JPG etc.

Cons

Adjusting shapes and re positioning is a bit of a mess. And the usage of different shapes is limited , so unless you're using it daily this is a pretty good tool. Otherwise it's good to use a paid tool.

One of the best diagramming service on internet!

Just simply use the draw.io if you are looking for a user-friendly platform, with the tools needed to create the diagrams you need!

Pros

With draw.io, you can draw any diagram you want, that is required mostly during higher education and when you're working. There's a lot of integrations of the tool with the Google apps environment: this allows you to create your diagrams and save it, automatically, on your Google Drive!

Cons

Precision! Sometimes, you want to create a vertical or horizontal line, and you have to make it a lot of times until you get it! And when you zoom out, lines doesn't look vertical or horizontal, which they really are when you zoom in. Otherwise, perfect!

Best Flowchart Application

It makes creating flowcharts relatively easy to demonstrate environments that are important to your company.

Pros

This application is a great flowchart for the value. Presenting complex work diagrams has never been easier.

Cons

This program does take some time to getting use too just like any other flowchart software however time invested is well worth it!

A MUST HAVE DRAWING TOOL

I am using it almost all day for all my software architecture needs.

Pros

Has all the required capabilities to draw: Archimate, BPMN, Cloud Architecture, Flow Charts, UML, UI Wireframe used for Software architecture. It is free It is easy to use It has both Cloud & App versions, which makes it easy for usage. File Sizes are small, which is very efficient.

Cons

Nothing much to complain. The Software lacks enterprise capabilities similar to one's found with Sparks EA, Visual Paradim etc, but it is understood to be just a generic tool, and not meant specifically for Enterprise Architecture.