draw.io Reviews

draw.io

Open platform for creating & sharing diagrams

draw.io

Good Accessible Tool for Notation

I used draw.io for a Process Analysis training in creating Business Process Model Notation, then use it for my next projects in laying out processes that will be used in my projects. It has been easy when it comes to accessibility since I can open my files both in my workstation and in the training room. I also noticed that this is not just used for BPMN but for other forms of notation as well, which makes this a flexible "drawing" tool for business use.

Pros

I think one of its best feature is that it can be accessed via web. This means that I can access my files anywhere and can update it as needed without any worry for accessibility issues. It also has notations for a lot of business needs, like making a simple flowchart or creating a Business Process Notation.

Cons

It is a bit hard to navigate and use some keyboard shortcuts when it comes some of its functionalities. Its default display is very small, especially when you are using a laptop or a computer with a small monitor. Although you can set its zoom or make the text bigger, you have to do this everytime you open or create a new file.

Very easy to use! Great for quick modeling.

I am using draw.io for UML diagrams mainly. But you can use it even for mockups.

Pros

It is completely free and it has lots of templates you need for modeling. I have used it for UML diagrams and it performed very well.

Cons

I think draw.io developers should improve user interface.

Fantastic Flow Chart Tool!

The perfect flow chart tool for Google to easily show graphically the flow of events

Pros

- FREE! - Easy to integrate into Google Products - Easily edit any image with the click of a button inside Google Slides

Cons

- Could be a tad easier to use - Sometimes didn't save properly - Wish more templates were pre-made for use

Very simple and easy to use

Overall, I love using Draw.io whenever I need a charting tool. It is my go-to and it never dissappoints.

Pros

It is very accessible, quick to learn and simple to use. It integrates with other tools, and has good exporting capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit cumbersome to work with a bit more complex and bigger graphs.

Straight-to-the-point diagram software

Draw.io is a great flowchart tool for those who need to get the fundamentals.

Pros

Draw.io is one of the software applications that operates in "what you see is what you get" mode. It lets do the job without breaking a sweat and confusing anyone. For me, it was a great starting point at practicing different diagram composition for different types of workflows and dataflows.

Cons

The user interface might be a bit dense at the start and it takes some time to get used to it. The other downside is that you often get different visuals elements confused due to mechanistic reflexes. But it is more of a matter of habit.

Best browser based free diagrams creator ever !!!

Overall great tool for all software development related diagrams

Pros

Vast set of icons are available for flowcharts, UML diagrams also gantt diagrams and many more. Various export formats are supported like JPG, PNG, PDF also HTML and many more. Desktop clients available for windows and linux also for mac so that we can work offline also. Very good feature, suffices basic needs.

Cons

3D icons are missing, looks very old school need to be more creative while creating diagrams.

My first priority web software of sketching diagram!

This is the software that I would highly recommend! Simple user interface that make every user found it is easy to use!

Pros

draw.io is the online software that i used almost every semester as an IT student! It contain anything that required for me to sketch any diagrams. I found it convenience as I can sketch my diagram using my browser instead of purposely download a software to sketch my diagram. It is able to link to my google drive account or even one drive account, that I am able to access those diagram and do editing in any places. On top of that, it is easy to use, free of charge and you can draw as much diagrams as your can!

Cons

Everything is fine except for the image uploaded cannot be resize as desired. The image uploaded are not able to just adjust either width or height.

Excellent way to create diagrams and graphs for your projects

It helped me a lot with projects for college and my master's degree

Pros

- ease of use: you can drag and drop any kind of components. Then you can link them together using arrows that automatically "snap" to other boxes, text etc. - you can save your diagrams as XML to edit them later or export them as image Most importantly: it's all done in the browser, no installation is needed

Cons

I wish draw.io could save the session if you closed the browser so you could return to it later

The perfect mindmapping tool

I love being able to communicate my ideas quickly with my team and ask for their input on coming to a solution.

Pros

This free software enables your team to get on top of the project by collaborating to create a mindmap that can be edited until it's perfect and lead your team to the goal.

Cons

It's not as easy as some other tools to get started with, but that's because there are more features available in draw.io than other mindmapping software.

Amazing tool. Makes work easy.

Pros

I use draw.io to create flow charts, create diagram for my presentations. It is very easy to work with this and saves a lot of time.

Cons

There is nothing draw.io falls short off, I haven't used other similar tools since I am stuck with this for its simplicity.

Best free online diagramming tool

Pros

draw.io has an impressive level of features for a purely online diagramming tool. Getting a diagram drawn up in a few minutes is incredibly easy.

Cons

It's not the best tool out there, and it can be a little finicky at times. Still, it's free and easy to use.

Free, easy to use and extremely handy

Pros

Draw io is the best free tool for quickly drawing up your flowcharts. It integrates with google drive for good real time collaboration within project teams. A number of file types are supported, which was important for the variety of uses we had for the finished product. This is the great value for the price.

Cons

There could be more templates for users. While I was able to export to all the formats, I wish i was able to import a VSDX files.

An impressive free online UML tool

Pros

It is free, user-friendly, and easy to use. And most useful feature for me is connected to google drive so that my team can use it to share technical designs with other team members online

Cons

It is not good for previewing in google drive. Too small, have to open it in draw.io

Free and easy

I use this as an occasional alternative to Lucidchart. It's great for simple things or if you're not someone who really needs to create diagrams and flowcharts frequently. The biggest drawbacks I've experienced with it (and the reason for upgrading to Lucidchart) is that it's not great for collaborating. It is quite nice though that you don't need to create an account.

Pros

The top thing for me about this software is that it doesn't require creating an account and you can save right to Google Drive and a few other services.

Cons

It's fairly limited in what it can do. It's not ideal for building out complex processes from my experience.

A good product that need more tutorials.

It is a good product if you know what you are doing and wanna make mind maps but mind maps are not like word documents where they have such high use that it's obvious to know why you need to have them yet theres more tutorials on word than draw.io

Pros

Mind maps are a very good way to organize your thoughts. The best part of draw.io allows you to make simple to comprehensive maps.

Cons

The software does not come with clear enough instructions. At the beginning I had to research on how to make more comprehensive mind maps on paper before recreating them on the map. If you want to LEARN how to make mind maps or even see why you would do not buy this!

Drawing made easy

Used it to work on my project paper along side Google slides and Google docs

Pros

Very easy and stable drawing platform It's free and it can be easily integrated with Google docs

Cons

It's an online platform which makes it unaccessible for people without internet

Thanks for the feedback. There is an offline/desktop version at get.diagrams.net

draw.io integrated diagramming application review

Pros

draw.io's integrated diagramming application is an easy to use tool that can be used from professional board design to casual drawings for fun. As an engineer, my scope comes into using draw.io for designing state diagrams and integrated circuits. I love the ability to search up whatever I need and being able to interact with the diagrams I have selected like formulating connections between integrated circuits for the breadboard.

Cons

There was little I disliked about the software except the entry UI could look better.

Good free alternative to Visio

Overall I am very pleased with Draw.io. I have never started a project on it that I was not able to finish on it.

Pros

It is free, and it has many of the core functions that Visio has, so I am able to usually make decent diagrams/drawings with it without having to purchase anything. I don't have to download any software but can access it from any browser.

Cons

It does not have as large of a database of images/elements as Visio has, so it is sometimes hard to find something that I am looking for. It also seems difficult to edit a stock image, for example reducing the line width or changing the color (I use this for patent drawings and all images need to be in black and white). I also have not found an easy way to export all tabs to a single PDF - rather I have to export each tab individually as a PDF and then combine them. There is no autosave function, so if I do not save consistently and my browser has a hiccup I may lose some of my work.

Great for Creating Visual Charts!

The business problems that we solved with Draw.io was being able to draw visual charts that helped in demonstrating the points that we wanted to make in presentations. For example, one of the biggest projects that was done though Draw.io was an organizational structure chart where we were able to break down the structure of our organization through the use of a diagram created on Draw.io.

Pros

Draw.io is really great and I have had a great experience with using it on different occasions thus far. I really like how versatile it is and can be used to create different types of projects with visual elements. What I really like about Draw.io in particular is how well integrated it is with Google Drive. This makes it absolutely amazing for teamwork as well as multiple people can easily work on Draw.io together through sharing it on Google Drive. This helps get projects done in a much more efficient manner!

Cons

What I liked the least about this software is that time is definitely required to get used to learning how to use this. At first, I definitely struggled with being able to grasp how to connect the different boxes to create a organizational structure chart. However, once I got the hang of it, it definitely got easier to use and I was able to do much more things than I was previously able to do.

Great for creating

Pros

I use Draw.io to create patterns for inlays, and jewelry designs for my chainmaille business. I think it in my head, put it on Draw.io and then create it in metal. It makes my life easier because I don't have to use a pen and paper (I can't draw to save my life) but this makes things easy to design. I could see where an architect would use it, or anyone who crafts and creates things for a living. Definitely worth checking out!

Cons

It was a little confusing at first, but once you figure it out, its simple.

Just What You Need

Pros

I looked around forever to find a good way to draw flowcharts for no fee, and this is it. My students use it without any tutorial and create tasteful images.

Cons

It's slightly not user-friendly in that it doesn't take you through everything when you start.

fast, functional, efficient

draw.io is fast both on the web and desktop, it has a wide range of tools to visualize whatever you need to.

Pros

It is very easy to visualize your thoughts with draw.io. I started using to design databases but then started using it to organize my thoughts and make plans.

Cons

It takes effort to get something that looks good. It is very user-dependent and does not help you at all with the looks.

The best diagram and mind-mapping tool on the market

The best diagram drawing and app mapping tool on the market.

Pros

Ease of use is a big benefit when it comes to drawing diagrams or mapping an app. Draw.io is absolutely the best when it comes to understanding the process and putting it into diagrams.

Cons

More functionalities and integrations with other software should be included (Slack, Trello, etc.) and the UI/UX could get better.

Good tools for creating flowcharts

Pros

Creating flow chars are quita a tedious taks but can be made easy with draw.io. The interface is easy to use and it is possible to save the charts for future use.

Cons

There could be an explanation on how to use the different types of charts

One more missing part of Google G-suite

Pros

Draw.io is a very powerful addition to Google G-suite as an addition to Google Drawings. Due to the limitation of the Google Drawings, we needed an alternative to create infographics, idea maps, complex graphs. That is where we met draw.io online Google Docs-like tool. The interface is very similar what you would find on regular Google Docs or Google Slides. This makes it very easy to learn the tool. Not to mention great flexibility to store the information, connect the accounts.

Cons

As a free tool, it is difficult to come up with cons for draw.io. The only con for me would be some icons or buttons you see which lack few design elements. I am talking about Material design implementation which not many people would notice anyway.