diagrams.net Logo

diagrams.net

Open platform for creating & sharing diagrams

diagrams.net Reviews - Page 7

Easiest and best diagramming tool

Quickly create, share and edit diagrams and flows

Pros

This free online tool (and desktop client) is a very underrated Product in my opinion. I use it to do all my flow diagrams, swim-lanes, even screen flows. It allows you to do almost anything. My favourite online app by far.

Cons

the software takes some getting used to, but after spending half an hour with the software, I fell more than competent in it.

Great alternative to Visio - and it's FREE!

Pros

Draw.io offers a fantastic alternative to Visio - and it's completely free! Instead of having to purchase separate licenses for Visio, we can offer our users the same functionality with draw.io. In addition, because it's browser-based we can use it across multiple operating systems.

Cons

I have no problems with this software at all - it's easy for anyone to use and works just as well!

Versatile flowcharts with a cutting-edge program

Pros

It allowed me to update my knowledge about flowcharts, specifically about programs for the realization of these. It is easy to handle, allows collaborative work, is easy to transport. It has a diversity of templates, colors and models that allow you to make contextualized diagrams of different types not only of flow but also of cases of uses, so necessary in programming

Cons

Everything seen in practice, the ability to use the cloud to store and share, excellent. What I like the least and does not depend on the program is that you work in the network, using the internet, and if this fails as it usually happens in my country, it causes a significant delay in the projects that must be carried out

Easy to use for beginners

Pros

I used Draw.io first time when I was designing the block diagram for my final year project. It is a great tool, being easy to use, convenient and light weight makes it much more desirable. Definitely recommended

Cons

Lacks some level of professionalism. some components related to mechanical and electrical engineering are missing in the components list. If an addition is made it can surely compete with top-level professional software.

Great flow chart and diagram maker

Overall I enjoy Draw.io when I need to make some basics diagrams and flow chart to show or explain things to someone. I don't prefer to use it if I have to make some diagrams which are meant to be aesthetically pleasing.

Pros

I love that the web app is very simple to use and practically has all the prerequisite one needs to create diagrams plus it gives output in multiple formats including SVG which is a good thing. Apart from all these, it's completely free software so one need to worry about it in terms of pricing.

Cons

Though it's a great piece of software but as it's free it lacks some features like premade illustrations and doesn't really have a customer support so one needs to get help from the community.

Great for quick diagramming

I have used draw.io mostly for UML Class diagrams and it provides basically everything you need. It has great export features and I have exported my diagrams to png format and had no bad issues about it. It also saves an xml file and downloads it to your local so you can always continue where you left.

Pros

Draw.io is very compact solution for drawing diagrams. It has basically everything you need especially for UML Class diagrams. Exporting to pdf and png is great.

Cons

When you are connecting your classes with relation connections, they don't align at all. You need to manually align it which can take time.

Diagram creating tool which supporting saving media to google cloud.

I use draw.io to create diagrams for my reports and presentations. From the feedback from the supervisor, the same diagram can be revisited. I don't need to worry about backups of the diagrams because they are saved directly to the google drive.

Pros

This online tool has a great collection of templates to boost your diagram with. And it has the capability of saving the editable version of your diagram to the google drive. The interface is very clear and the shapes and icons can be drag and drop. When creating flow charts it has an easy way of interconnecting them. This tool is open source and there are no limitations to the number of diagrams that you can save. They have released a desktop version for frequent users but the web application also very responsive.

Cons

There are no noticeable drawbacks in this tool, even the URL is very easy to remember draw.io. very useful to the students and educators to create diagrams.

I LOVE draw.io!!!

Pros

I need to create a LOT of flow charts of sorts to highlight workflow and processes with our internal team. I have tried Visio many many times and I just do not like using it. I find draw.io to work wonderfully in order to create very custom flow charts (that's the only thing I use it for). You can constantly change, move, reorder, rewrite etc everything on the chart. It has little snapping lines that help you adjust things to create a more aesthetically appealing chart. It's free and a wonderful tool!

Cons

My only con which is why I gave it 8 stars for would I rec commend, is that it takes a little while to get use to using. It's not the most user friendly and intuitive application so I did spend a good 20 minutes to learn where all the tools and functionality was. 20 minutes is not a long time, however for what I use the tool for it was longer than I was expecting.

I Love using Draw.io

Great tool for developing all types of diagrams.

Pros

Draw.io is my go-to tool for developing all sorts of diagrams. From flow charts, sequence diagram to structure diagrams, among others. The software is easy to use and have a lot of shapes. The fact that it is online is great ... and free ... whoppee! Files can be exported in a number of formats and can be saved and work continue at a later date.Will recommend this tool to any and everyone.

Cons

Maybe if I could save the files online and continue work from there ... but I might just be pushing it.

Review for diagrams.net

draw.io has come a long way and hope that it gets more improved and continue to provide this service as it is now.

Pros

I like the fact that this is completely free software(at least for now) with many useful features. Also now this can be used as a native application on several platforms. It has the ability to integrate 3rd party application (which I haven't used till now) which is very appealing.

Cons

UI/UX of this product is pretty basic and there is a lot more room to improve but can't blame considering the service it does.

Awesome tool

To create any outline, schema, diagram for any project all the time.

Pros

very useful to create wireframes or Mock-Up, with many kind of schemas and diagrams to use it on many kind of projects,also is capable to use it using google drive.

Cons

I consider that needs an offline version, you need internet all the time to use it, the good news is that you you can connect with google drive to save anytime.

a must for diagram

This is a great tool that I recommend to draw diagram, very easy and free !

Pros

This software can be online or on desktop ; I personnaly do not use the desktop version of it and use it only online ; Very easily, you can draw your diagram for a software development, a network organisation, whatever you need ! Library can be integrated, export in many different format

Cons

I wish we could have more library or the possibility to create our own ; I used a lot of time the same block, but well, it is free and super easy !

Very easy to learn, intuitive interface, clean diagrams

Easy, good looking diagrams that were fast to create! Software that is free, and easy sharing capabilities with collaborators. I've used it for making quick patent diagrams and for complex diagrams which need to go into reports or presentations.

Pros

It was extremely easy to learn to use draw.io without any training or tutorials. The interface was intuitive. I've used it primarily to make complicated flow charts, and they look extremely clean and readable; it's much easier than trying to make flow charts on powerpoint or other microsoft office tools. There are a decent number of options for customization. Colors and styles can be changed, images can be imported, etc. In general, it's a free tool that you can start using quickly! Additionally, the sharing features are great. It's easy to save your diagrams to google drive, or to generate links to share them with others.

Cons

While it's great for basic diagrams, it is somewhat limited in the number of different shapes that can be used. For everyday diagramming may be better to use a paid software with more flexibility.

Best alternative to visio

automatics form positioning improve the schematic building. integration into PowerPoint simplify diagram usage

Pros

The best alternative to visio, free to use and opensource help to create you daily diagrams and schematics

Cons

schematics export doesn't work well sometimes when images are not in the right format. not easy also to find the right element to put into your diagram.

A simple and cost effective software to send out visual ideas.

I love the software since it is an essential part of the ways I can communicate with my colleagues when I want to share my ideas.

Pros

Working together as a team in a remote setting can be hard since there is no white board in front of us. However, with diagrams.net I can fully incorporate my thoughts by putting math work and diagram down. This allows for better communication.

Cons

I think the app design is way too simple, I believe that there can be more features to enhance the overall feature and function of the software.

Quick and simple drawing tool especially to prepare flowcharts

Good tool in the price range to collaborate on collectively and deliver great results. Easy to integrate on the cloud and can be shared as a Google document as well as edited within the shared file.

Pros

Can be worked on in collaboration as it has an extension on Google and can be shared as a google file. Grid snap is possible Can edit styles either via html code or using the UI

Cons

It lacks the ability to fix the arrows or connectors to a single component, which is really annoying as it breaks the diagram when a component is moved on the page.

Simple drawings and not only

Pros

I used it for the application of some diagrams. I love that. Another benefit is learning the curve is soft, but you need to master it. You can work with drawings online for different operation systems (Windows, IOS, Linux).

Cons

When you work with big drawings sometimes there is render error and elements are not in same place. The problem disappears when you zoom in.

Draw.io saves time.

Pros

Draw.IO is a really intelligent service that allows me stay productive, I can crate good looking Diagrams and Flow charts without any trouble, it has a great number of shapes and tools.

Cons

It only supports Google Drive and OneDrive, i would like to see that list expand to couple more Cloud Storage services, such as Dropbox.

Drawing Diagrams easily with Draw.io

Draw.io has given all the features and tools which needed for drawing diagrams for free and fully satisfied with the experience.

Pros

Draw.io gives you tools and features to draw diagrams , charts with easy access. This contains all the tools need to draw diagrams regards to many fields. You can export diagrams directly to third party platforms like Google drive , GitLab etc. And also can be exported as number of different file types. And most importantly its free.

Cons

I don't have any issues with this product.

Excellent tool for most diagrams and drawing

Draw.io provided me a way to produce engineering drawings after my company's MS Visio license expired.

Pros

All the features of full-stack drawing software in a free, web-based, mostly easy to use tool. Interface is intuitive for anyone with prior Visio experience.

Cons

The snap-to points do not always cooperate when drawing complex shapes, and I have not found a way to adjust their location on the shape. Be careful to save your work--nothing is saved in the browser; files must be saved on your PC and opened from there.

Draw.io is great for planning and presentation

This is probably the best free tool to use to create any kind of flow chart/diagram chart, the ease of use is perfect to roll out to the whole company with no training needed.

Pros

Draw.io has great templates to choose from, these are so easy to edit and customize to display exactly what we need, this tool has loads of graphical features to get charts/diagrams looking perfect.

Cons

The user interface could look a bit better, and loading times when reopening a document that is being worked on can be faster. But overall a great tool.

great free tool that can save a day

Pros

It is easy to use and free. I use it for sketching my thoughts as I think visually. It can also export to a Visio format (In beta at the time I write this) and I think it's the only free tool capable of doing so. Also, the integration with Google Drive and Google suite is very good.

Cons

Not too many templates, not a problem for me, really. Not as easy to use as some other (Paid) apps. Text and forms can be integrated better. Look at the Libre Office Draw. Sometimes a bit clumsy to use. Otherwise - great!

draw.io provides more than advertised; a great help to any visual representation needs

Pros

I have been using different software to create diagrams for company reports and other uses. With draw.io, everything comes easier, creation is fast, the formation of desired shapes and charts are very user-friendly. The software allows more customization more than other software that I have tried with similar features. The best part is the possibility of using the finished diagram with ease just by using a code generated by the software.

Cons

There are not many disadvantages to this software so far.

Get your flowcharts right

draw.io has proved extremely useful in creating good-looking flowcharts presenting the logic of a system I was implementing for my client. Many templates for element shapes and colours allow you to build visual associations with certain elements throughout a presentation. It would certainly also do well to visualise decision making of time flow.

Pros

Easy to learn interface for moving around and adding graph elements. A variety of styles suiting more or less formal presentations/documentation. Well-designed tools to control layout and style of elements, like 'copy size', 'align', 'copy style', 'distribute horizontally'. A system that allows 'docking' arrows to other graph elements which makes rearranging pieces without messing up the connections. Decent export facilities, together with Google Drive integration. A lot of keyboard shortcuts allowing to speed up common tasks and control the interface.

Cons

There could be more engaging colour schemes. Adoption of elements brought from a different theme is often difficult as there are many properties to be manually changed.

My go-to tool for designing workflow visualizations

Pros

- Easy to use and customize - Integrates with G Suite - Minimal learning curve - Lets you easily save as a file (PFD) or on the cloud - Great for designing email sequence diagrams and workflows - Free!

Cons

- Not the prettiest tool in the world - File version management can be tricky - Doesn't integrate easily with many well-known tools besides G Suite