Duda Reviews

4.59/5 (153 reviews)

Pros
  • I love the platform and love the contant updates and improvements.
  • Ease of use, great tutorials and information, SEO, widgets, speed, SSL
  • I love the White Label features and how quickly I can launch sites with Duda
  • This the easiest and most importantly fastest platform for building websites.
Cons
  • Would love to see more design templates.
  • Wish I could have more items in the store for free.
  • There are some limitations. I came from "code my own"...
  • + High Hosting Fees - Need To Be More Competitive + Coding Compatibility Limited
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
John Sisler

Excellent product!

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Our overall experience with Duda has been amazing. It is a great product and a great value for the price. We will continue to use it in the future!

Pros
This software is extremely easy to use and very intuitive. We had our first website up and running in minutes! The offering of widgets, templates and sections makes it very easy to create a stunning responsive website. Customer service is very knowledgeable and good at pinpointing the issue for quick resolution.

Cons
I would like to see more integration with different social platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram and Google My Business.

Mark Reisinger

Duda suits 90% of my project requirements

Reviewed 2019-03-31

I've received really good support from Duda both from accounts and technical questions. They typically respond within 24 hours. Overall the software meets my requirements for small-medium projects and allows me to complete projects in a fraction of the time it used to take me using other programs.

Pros
Duda is the website builder that I've been searching for a while. My prerequisites in choosing a new platform were - 1. Fast build of websites 2. Easy to train clients on how to use 3. Fast & easy set up of SSL Certificate & 4. Hosted solution for hassle-free updates. Duda delivers on all these with flying colours.

Cons
The standard page design layouts are narrower in width than templates I've used in the past so can be a little inflexible for the novice user.

Robin Abbate

Duda blows away the competition

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Nothing, but good. A client turned them onto them in 2015. I have slowly been moving older clients over to this. 18 clients so far. :)

Pros
I like that it is intuitive and easy to use. I like all the bells and whistles and the lifetime purchase. The support staff totally ROCKS. I can get slick beautiful websites with a nice backend and a great support staff which is wonderful. The SSL is included in the price. I actually will not build a new website for a new client without them.

Cons
Wish I could have more items in the store for free.

Anonymous

Top of the line product!

Reviewed 2019-03-30

I have been a Duda Pro since they only provided a mobile platform and they have done nothing but improve since they started the D1 platform.

Pros
It is easy to use, does not require knowledge of coding, yet if you are knowledgeable in coding, you are able to get to the code. The product is always evolving and they pay attention to their customers and their wants and needs.

Cons
There is really nothing that I can say that I don't like as they listen when there is a problem and work with their Pros until the issue is resolved or fixed.

Overall very happy

Reviewed 2019-03-29

I have used the Duda platform for over 6 years and I love it.

Pros
I love the platform and love the contant updates and improvements.

Cons
Only, two real issues: One, I am an invoiced used so I never get the special discounted rate for my sites. It seems that if I have earned the ability to be invoiced I should receive the best pricing. Two, I wish we were able to add some wordpress plugins to the site. There are a lot of tools I word love to add if I can please let me know how.

Fantastic Company

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Pros
+ Easy to Use + Beautiful Design Features + Great Selection of Templates and Pre-designed Sections to Use + Wide Arrange of Features + Fantastic Customer Support + Amazing and Helpful Support Centre with Great Resources + Pleasure To Work With + Reliable and Secure Hosting + Fantastic Bank of Free Images + Frequent and Amazing Upgrades + On Hand Analytics

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Rick Nichols

Duda ease of use

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Excellent except when an online store customer comes along. We have to resort to using woocommerce which is much more cumbersom and difficult to use than ecwid. The problem is not with ecwid but with Duda restricting use of apps that ecwid offers to add additional capabilities that customers demand.

Pros
This the easiest and most importantly fastest platform for building websites.

Cons
The e-commerce platform is only ecwid. Duda restricts use of essential addons necessary to build a competitive store design that ecwid offers.

Matt McLelland

Best site builder for Agencies

Reviewed 2019-03-29

We've built over 100 sites on the platform and it's been a very reliable tool. My main complaint is that the white label features are not powerful enough for me to offer their builder as a standalone tool for my clients.

Pros
I love the White Label features and how quickly I can launch sites with Duda

Cons
I wish that the per site cost would be much cheaper for reseller. It makes it hard to compete with our platforms that are essentially the same price when we still have to add our markups

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Claudia Loens

A great white label solution for agencies

Reviewed 2019-05-03

I'm very pleased with Duda! I was tired of dealing with Wordpress - it's too complicated and I'm not a developer. This is an inexpensive solution that I can offer my clients who are just starting out or don't have a big budget to get a website. I'm able to provide them with a gorgeous, modern website that helps them convert visitors into customers. Big thumbs up!

Pros
It's easy to use and provides nearly everything a company could want for a nice looking website. I like the templates and they continue to add more of everything - templates, features, etc. It has helped me grow my business.

Cons
Some things are restrictive, like the ecommerce solution and the blog, but it's getting better. The customer service has lagged a bit since I started with them a couple of years ago, and I guess it's due to growing pains. Still, they respond and are helpful.

Barry Lee Parker

The creative choice

Reviewed 2019-03-30

The speed in which i can produce, edit and submit white labelled content to my clients is a game-changer. So impressed with Duda, its staff and its UI.

Pros
Merging from Adobe products, i have found, although sometimes glitchy, the overall performance of the software has assisted me in producing websites faster and with more features than previous.

Cons
It can be glitchy and there are some limitations within the 'plugins' such as store front and the blog.

BrianD hALLAM

The Best Builder by Far

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Pros
It's quite simply the best website builder available. I have used Wix, Godaddy and Wordpress and nothing comes close. It's so easy to use, and once you get the hang of it, the sky's the limit. It's packed with features that you would normally have to pay extra for. Duda include them all. The biggest bonus is the free ssl certificate which is a dream to install.

Cons
My only beef would be customer care. Working in Africa and not being able to get support until America wakes up. Generally speaking the support is good, always friendly, patient staff manning the chat.

Wardell Sims Jr.

Duda is a beast!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

I am solving my clients turnkey website needs.

Pros
I've been using for several years! It is by far the best development platform on the market. The ease of use, the exceptional support team, and the continued evolvement of the platform is why I will use Duda as long as I am developing websites!

Cons
I can't say I dislike anything about Duda. They always improving their software and keeping it ahead of its competitors!

Thomas Joel

Time to expand

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Good experience, decent customer service, but I recommend Duda improve the functions behind the blogging engine.

Pros
All my customers found the tools to edit their site very easy to use. As a designer, I found the ability to access the HTML of not just the pages, but also any element very helpful. In many other platforms the access to code is just bizarre.

Cons
Your blogging engine is odd. Two different pages to admin the same post and the lack of tools to further design the blog pages prevents me from selling this platform to my customers that blog often.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Barbara Pearn

Duda is great and there are many great things about it.

Reviewed 2019-04-05

It is great for simple sites. I'm happy to be working with it. I find the customer support is great. I hope that never changes. Putting a lot of locations on a map isn't great. It seems to bog down when there are too many items. It seems to have limitations. I'm still learning the ins and outs. Great for simple sites not so much for complex sites with a lot of data to display.

Pros
Duda is easy to use and great for simple to medium complexity sites. The images are sized to fit the space and that is great. The menus are easy to use. The sliders are easy to set up. There are lots of great things about it.

Cons
I don't like the way it displays the form emails on the site. I wish it would just give me a list that I could click on and look at the entire message. The e-commerce is limited in some customizations and the way it displays the images in a lightroom. The image displays in a large black box. I wish we could customize that a bit. I don't understand the way the code is written, so it makes it hard to customize anything. It is easy to customize images etc as long as that is set up. To do anything different isn't easy.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Henry Warner

Duda is always our first option for new website creation

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Pros
Duda's website builder offers a unique experience for entry level designers and site owners to build and maintain a professional, polished website, while allowing the custom flexibility for advanced developers to created a unique, beautiful design.

Cons
The CSS transfer from desktop to mobile is not the best. Lack of indepth Events widget. Cannot integrate a database

Debbie Walker

Duda Platform

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Pros
Easy to use and affordable - Building sites are simple with this platform. No plug-ins to update, no themes to update which makes sites easier to manage. They also use Amazon web hosting which helps with site speed.

Cons
Sometimes run into little quirks when building sites but nothing that is not fixable. The Blog portion could use some updating but works.

Ivey Patton, Durango Digital Marketing

Love Duda white label

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Love this easy to use software. Fast, responsive, and easy sites with excellent SEO and great optimization for all devices built in!

Pros
This easy to use web builder offers beautiful websites that check all the boxes. All of my clients love their sites...from ecommerce to landing pages to blogs and Duda is able to 'grow' with their changing needs.

Cons
Would love to see more design templates.

Erin Perry Borron

Great agency website solution

Reviewed 2019-04-11

We chose Duda to replace Squarespace websites as a faster, lower-cost option compared to WordPress. It's been great for us and has allowed us to very quickly create professional websites without any of the overhead work or maintenance of WordPress. Much more flexible and powerful than Squarespace or Wix, easy to white label, easy to train clients on.

Pros
It's built for an agency's needs: easy to use for clients, fast to work in for designers, has the ability to edit the actual code easily if necessary, and is built decently for SEO. There are plenty of good starter templates and everything is very customizable.

Cons
The templates are basically built with 5 breakpoints and if your device isn't in one of those, it might look a bit off and there's nothing you can do about it. I think the builder also generates quite messy CSS but that tends to be the case with WYSIWYG like this. The form builder could be greatly improved as well.

Libby Sara Day

The Duda Website Editor

Reviewed 2019-04-01

The software allows me to manage my client's sites all in one place. Duda has been very helpful when I have run into any technical issues. I would definitely recommend this product/software.

Pros
I love the fact that once I have completed a site, my clients are able to go in and make small edits easily-such as the blog features. Having the developer section allows for complete customization also. The editor is fairly easy to use and the extra features such as the stats function is great.

Cons
I don't really have any cons, the software adapts the look of the main site to tablet and mobile. I often have to edit the text size on the tablet and mobile versions-as they often don't adapt correctly.

Euna Jee

Easy to Use, Core functionalities offered for simple personal, intro website, Great Customer service

Reviewed 2019-04-10

Once you can reach to tech support or customer success team, they are very helpful and friendly. But initially, they were a bit harder to reach. The product offers some beautiful template to begin designing , and they are very easy to use and simple to follow. I wish they have more options to build more functionalities at ease, more templates to use, import and export functions for the templates.

Pros
-The product is simple and easy to use. Similar to Wix, Squarespace and some other drag and drop website builder tools, but you hardly need to know any coding to build the website. -Easy to navigate around the backend

Cons
-limitation on functionalities offered -Need more improvement on eCommerce functionalities -Need clear product costs, add on costs. (There are lots of additional costs for an upgrade, but they are not specified in advance) -Limited options for the template. -Inability to upload template files from other sources.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

DUDA converts your site into a mobile version if it's not already

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Your current site in mobile format in a quick and easy fashion.

Pros
A really handy tool if you're worried about being penalised for not having a mobile friendly site which is quick, effective and not overly expensive.

Cons
The design is limited - so whilst a mobile version will be possible it might not look as aesthetically pleasing as you'd like.

David Brewer

Duda is among the best

Reviewed 2019-04-06

Exceptional over all experience and increased income while providing superior results for my clients.

Pros
Duda provides incredible support and a white label solution to web professionals.

Cons
too much innovation implemented? No, that would not be a con, although they are constantly adding so many granular improvements it's hard to keep up at times.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

AUDRA SHIELDS

Quick Development

very positive experience with Duda, I've been with them since 2011

Pros
Easy to use means a very quick development time, I can offer finished product to clients at a better price point. Plus clients who manage their own find it easy to use also, easier than Wordpress

Cons
There are some limitations. I came from "code my own"...

Gabe Gibitz

A Fantastic Solution for Agencies

Reviewed 2019-04-08

I'm building websites for small businesses and nonprofits, and it has been a wonderful experience. It gets better every month.

Pros
I love Duda's attention to SEO, load speeds, Google Page Speed scores, etc. I also love how well they cater to agencies with fast, secure white label solutions for agencies like mine.

Cons
The lack of third party integration with other widgets is difficult to navigate, at times. It fits a very specific solution and does it well, however. My clients love their sites.

Sherri Winkler

Duda is best I've tried

Reviewed 2019-06-21

I have my own small business and I have always used Duda for building websites. My clients have been happy with their websites, which makes me happy.

Pros
Ease of use, great tutorials and information, SEO, widgets, speed, SSL

Cons
Unable to assign different credit cards to different accounts, don't like the blog set-up at all, not intuitive