All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

FileWave Reviews

FileWave Endpoint Management

I've enjoyed using FileWave at my previous job and at my current job with one of our external clients. My supervisors were so impressed with it that we are now adopting it for software deployment for our other clients.

Pros

Some vendors just want to sell you software and once the sale is complete, they stop caring. FileWave has a team of support professionals who make themselves very available to help with setup, deployment, and troubleshooting. They are very knowledgeable and it is evident that they care about the overall experience.

Cons

I would like to be able to manage Linux/BSD endpoints with FileWave

Easy to Use for All

Pros

As a previous user of JAMF, I feel FileWave is amazing. It works seamlessly.

Cons

The server is Linux based. While I am able to work with Linux, I wish it was on a Windows server.

Great tool to have.

We deploy devices to students k - 12. Grades 6 - 12 take their devices home. Filewave allows us to manage student and staff devices no matter where the device connects to the internet.

Pros

Filewave makes life easier managing multiple device types. We manage iOS, Mac OS, and Windows devices with Filewave.

Cons

Everything is working as expected. Don't really have any cons to using Filewave.

Easy to use, but doesn't always work

When it works, this saves so much time. But when it does not want to install updates properly, then it can be pretty frustrating.

Pros

Making filesets is very easy. The process of making a fileset and deploying it to clients is very self-explanatory.

Cons

We have about 30% of clients that randomly stop checking into our FileWave server, and therefore do not get any updates that we push out. It can be frustrating tracking down ~150 devices every time I have an update to push out to make sure that it lands on their devices properly.

We are glad to hear that you find Fileset creation and deployment intuitive, and appreciate your candor on the troubles you are facing. We would be happy to help troubleshoot the client-side issue. Please reach out to us through our support portal at https://www.filewave.com/support/alliance-support. Thank you again for your business, and always feel free to provide direct feedback.

FileWave has killer features not found in competitive tools

Pros

Booster technology (=scalability) Self healing (=lifesaver in support)

Cons

Every feature we needed in our +20y use of this tool is implemented by the dev team.

Diamond in the rough

Saves many labor hours by being able to manage software installs/updates remotely. Inventory queries are also very helpful.

Pros

Comprehensive imaging, inventory, software management solution.

Cons

Lack of publicly available how-to's. (Not on youtube) Too many advanced features require either 3rd party software, or advanced scripting knowledge. Why can't these features be incorporated in the software?

It's a really good MDM and a client software management solution

Pros

The Filewave is really simple to deploy and easy to use. it helps us to deploy all the software and update to whole school. The Kiosk helps students and teachers to install their software without admin permission. and they have really nice tech support.

Cons

No problem at this moment since we migrate to the latest version.

New to Device Management

I love that we can easily push out software to all of our users and have one place to look for getting software onto a large number of machines at once.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can manage not only all of our student laptops but also other things such as Apple TVs

Cons

Some more advanced functions require script writing, which is not my strong suit.

filewave

Pros

using smart groups and custom fields to push changes

Cons

lack of web interface to make changes, not being able to remotely connect to client through admin app

Filewave is marvelous

Mobile Device Management is very fine and detailed with Filewave. I am very pleased with the level of control of devices managed with Filewave.

Pros

Coverage of MANY different platforms under one MDM makes it a very robust solution.

Cons

Some of the initial config and "nitty gritty" is very "geeky" and requires a higher level of systems administration. This can be very disconcerting and daunting for the user who would like a simpler, cleaner interface - more high level.

Sub-par management software

Pros

This management software was pretty good with keeping the software up to date, but the process to get to that point was a bit painful.

Cons

I didn't like that every time you wanted to send out an update, you would have to do a model update and it would take a substantial amount of time for the update to finish. Your administrators using this management software wouldn't be able to use the software while this update was happening.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.