FirmRoom Logo

FirmRoom

Virtual data room for document management & storage.

FirmRoom Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

Reviews by rating

Whenever I had a question, I found the staff to be super friendly and helpful.
Its easy to work with, its user friendly and always good tips on how to use the room more usefully.
Using it for due diligence projects and I dread having to search for my materials.

Stephen B.

Great Product - Great People

Pros

When looking for a data room - Firm Room and Deal Room was by far the nicest people to work with and they have a very good product. They took the time to learn how I wanted to use their product - suggested the right one and I have had no​ issues - it does what they say it does - Noting in beta that is being delayed.

Cons

no a thing - first rate product - great support

Thank you for the review Stephen! Glad to hear you have had a good experience with our software. Thanks again!

MS

Marshall S.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Easy to use!

Our experience was great given our need to hide other VDR participants from viewing each other. This is something that other low cost products such as Dropbox have not been able to provide. Additionally, the analytics helped us track the overall activity and participation from the VDR participants as a way to view potential interest.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product to use and invite people to the virtual data room. Additionally, the low cost of the FirmRoom product is great for a company like mine that will use it about once per quarter. It is perfect for us as we do not want to pay as much as the other products in the market.

Cons

Some participants received the invites within their spam/junk email which was fairly annoying. However, after sending a reminder to participants this wasn't a problem. Only one participant mentioned the site was blocked internally by their IT and they were not able to resolve the issue. That issue was likely remote to the one company participant.

Thanks for the feedback Marshall! Happy to hear the software was easy to use! Also appreciate the feedback regarding invites going to spam/junk email, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

PJ

Pilar J.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Diligence assistance

using it for due diligence projects and I dread having to search for my materials

Pros

searching for specific topics is relatively easy

Cons

organization of projects is dependent upon the administrator and naming conventions are so inconsistent which makes it challenging for an infrequent user to navigate.

Thank you for your review Pilar! If you have any questions about naming and room organization feel free to reach out to our customer service at any time. Thanks again!

SG

Scott G.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Firmroom Review

Pros

Pretty good set of features for the price. Easy to add users and content, fairly intuitive for the most part.

Cons

I think there are a number of features lacking in comparison to a VDR solution like Intralinks, but that is to be expected at this price point. Reporting and analytics could have more features / be easier to use. Little things like adjusting file paths to fit within the max length or at least making it easier to quickly identify and manually update file names that are over the max length. Users had issues trying to download Excel/PPT/Word files when they only had certain permissions (can't remember exactly what it was called, I think download watermarked), however there didn't seem to be anywhere that explained that they wouldn't be allowed to download files if they had those permissions. It seems like an error message or warning should have shown up when the permissions were set.

Thank you for the review, Scott! Happy to hear you found the software intuitive. Thanks again!

AF

Austin F.

Excellent Product for the Price

Great customer support

Pros

This software has all of the features that I would expect from a Data Room, plus some. As an admin, it is extremely easy to set up and manage user permissions, whether it is by group or individual. The analytics capabilities are also valuable and easy to use. It is so easy to see who has looked, downloaded, uploaded, etc. documents. Uploading and downloading documents, whether one by one or in batches is so simple. And most of all, this product is very affordable compared to other solutions.

Cons

My only complaint is not being able to do a bulk download when the watermark feature is turned on and there are PPT or XLS files in a folder. Instead of a generic error or timeout, it would be great to download all of the available files with a warning or notification about the files that will not be included (because they are PPT/XLS).

Thanks for feedback Austin! Happy to hear setting permissions and using the analytics has been easy and useful for you! Also appreciate the feedback about bulk downloading, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

JE

Jan E.

FirmRoom Review

Pros

The software is the easiest to use of all the data rooms that I have tried. There is the optimal mix of functionality and usability, which makes it easy for both my clients and me to organize our data. The customer support is very responsive and I have always had my issues resolved.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be 'clunky', for instance drag and drop with large folder sizes sometimes doesn't work. Also, the platform as a whole is not visually appealing.

Thanks for the review Jan! Happy to hear the platform is easy for both you and your client to use and that our customer support has responsive :) Appreciate the feedback on the UI as well, thanks!

CW

Craig W.

Excellent Data Room

Pricing benefits are superior to other highly expensive data room providers.

Pros

Ease of functionality is top-notch Price point is unbeatable Much better than data rooms that charge thousands for no better features and less functionality

Cons

Setting up a billing for individual data rooms was difficult, but customer service helped.

Thank you for the feedback Craig! Happy to hear the price and ease of functionality worked well for your team. Also appreciate the feedback about setting up billing for individual rooms, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

JG

Jonathan G.

Capital Markets, 11-50 employees

JG Review

Pros

The capabilities to decipher different buyer groups with different permissions

Cons

It works very well with Chrome but I use Internet Explorer for the most part and the efficiency of the site is being hindered.

Thanks for the great review Jonathan, and for the feedback about IE. Glad to hear you're have a good experience with the platform!

LM

Livingston M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

First time through a deal with Firm Room

This was a long and complicated deal. From Room really sped up the papering part.

Pros

Firm Room is very to pick up on. It is intuitive to use. If I got a bit stumped, a few clicks would show me the way.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a little annoying to have to “accept” all the legal stuff every time you log in. But no big deal.

Appreciate the feedback Livingston! Happy to hear the platform was easy to pick up on your first time using it and it helped speed up your process. Thanks again!

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Wills Review

This really helped with the flow of content during our acquisition.

Pros

Easy to move through files and download necessary documents.

Cons

I can’t say anything negative as I had a great experience.

Thanks for taking time to write a review! Glad to hear you've had a good experience so far, feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help with. Thanks again!

PB

Pamela B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Firmroom Has Been Amazing

We are using FirmRoom to upload important company documents to share with employees who work remotely across the country.

Pros

FirmRoom is very user friendly and has made sharing files with remote employees very easy.

Cons

I have not run in to anything I did not like about the software.

Thanks for the review Pamela! Glad to hear you are having a positive experience with the platform! Appreciate the great feedback!

DB

David B.

Investment Banking, 1-10 employees

David Burke review of FirmRoom

I use FirmRoom for sell side M&A due diligence.

Pros

The product is intuitive and easy to use. This product is comparable to other data rooms I've used at a significantly better price and flexibility in pricing plans make it easier to sell to my clients which are usually smaller sized companies. File trees are easy to create and manage. Downloading is easy and my clients can use this without a lot of training like some other products I've used.

Cons

I ran into some issues adding and inviting members that I solved by closing out and restarting. I don't know if this was a glitch or my error.

Thanks for the review David! Glad to hear the interface was easy to use! We appreciate the high recommendation.

JS

Jeanna S.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

FirmRoom is great!

The simplicity of document organization has been key to our success in FirmRoom

Pros

The format is easy to use as both an administrator and end-user.

Cons

It could be more aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you for the feedback Jeanna! Happy to hear the software was easy to use for admins and end-users. And we appreciate the feedback on user design, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

KH

Kendra H.

Human Resources, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Data Room

Pros

Cons

Sometimes its hard to download in bulk..

Thank you for the review Kendra! We are happy to hear that FirmRoom has been easy to use!

MS

Matt S.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Just like the others

Neutral - It didn't blow me away, but it also didn't get aggravating.

Pros

Very simple UI. Sign up process was not the clearest - I think there were more than 1 email sent separately? Not sure. Had to go through it because it was the only way to access the files, but nevertheless it was added friction.

Cons

UI was simple - it did not "delight", but definitely did its job. At one point, we could not download files as their original format and only downloadble as pdfs? We had to contact the administrator and explain to him the issue. We got it resolved, but it caused a bit of friction and wasted time. The point of a data room is to go in, see all files, extract data and download if allowed, and be on my way. No text search function? Not one that I recall anyway

Thank you for the review, Matt! We do have a text search function - please let our customer service know if you have any feature questions in the future. Thanks again!

DK

Daniel K.

Best M&A Data Room - Middle Market I-Bank

We have used a dozen or more data room providers in the last 5 years. FirmRoom by far exceeds anything else we have used in terms of feature/functionality and overall value.

Pros

Simplicity (everything needed and nothing else) Speed (upload and download) Value / Pricing (nothing else compares) Ability to easily manage multiple data rooms at once

Cons

Really no complaints yet and we have used it across our firm on multiple deals.

Thanks for the great review Daniel We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback!

JP

James P.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Passmore Review

Very pleased

Pros

Integration with our business procedures.

Cons

Difficulty with workflow automation and user documentation.

Thank you for your review James! If you ever have questions about workflow automation and user documentation feel free to reach out to our customer support. Thanks again!

JB

John B.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Great Deal Tool

We used FirmRoom for corporate deal due diligence. It made our due diligence reviews more efficient and ensured documents were organized and accessible by all parties.

Pros

The functionality, ease of navigation and responsiveness.

Cons

The software has an older look...could do with a few more modern touches.

Thanks for the review John! Glad the interface was easy to use and you had a positive experience. Appreciate the feedback on the design. Thanks again!

HH

Hayley H.

Investment Banking, 11-50 employees

Multiple rooms and very happy so far

Wonderful. Having a set price with simple drag and drop and advanced search capabilities is great

Pros

Ease of use and simple, clean user interface

Cons

I have yet to have any real problems. An increase to potential reports is all I can think of

Thanks for the feedback Hayley! Happy to hear that the interface was easy to use. Appreciate the high recommendation and hope to work with you again!

KY

Kevin Y.

Investment Banking, 1-10 employees

Healthcare Services Investment Bank

Pros

Unlimited storage for a fixed fee is key. Reasonable pricing and overall interface is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

It is not highly adopted yet, so a lot of clients and buyers need to learn the platform.

Thanks for the review Kevin! Happy to hear our pricing is favorable for you and that the platform in intuitive to use. Appreciate the feedback!

RT

Rodrigo T.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Smooth use

Pros

Very simple and easy to go through, also very fast navigation for a cloud based solution

Cons

Design, colours could potentially be improved

Thanks for the feedback Rodrigo! Glad the platform was simple and easy to use. We appreciate the design feedback. Admins are now actually able to customize the colors!

DB

Diana B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

FirmRoom

Pros

Ease of use; ability to create sub-folders

Cons

Search feature is OK, but could be improved - would like to have a better listing of finds.

Thank you for the review Diana! Glad to hear you have had a good experience with our software. And thank you for the feedback regarding the search feature!

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Great Product

I was really happy with the features

Pros

Ease of us and very fast and responsive.

Cons

I didn't find anything I didn't like. Everything was good.

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the positive feedback, and are happy to hear you are pleased with the features!

CB

Catalina B.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Extremely easy to use and great value for your money!

Great value for your money!

Pros

Super easy to use! Intuitive layout and easy setup

Cons

Tracking tool seems to be wrong sometimes

Thanks Catalina! Great to hear the room was easy to use and intuitive. We appreciate the feedback on the tracking tool!

TF

Thiago F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Upsides are possible but the Firmroom is good if we mensure de P&L.

Pros

Cheaper than of the competitive platforms and user-friendly

Cons

If we can block the files anytime, like we can when we use the intralinks

Thanks for the review Thiago! Glad to hear the interface was user-friendly and affordable.