All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

germain APM

APM solution for identifying the root cause of bugs & issues

germain APM Reviews

Pros

It will help IT infrastructure both front and back to run smoothly and to prevent breakdown. Using this software is a huge advantage, it will save employee time and company profit.

Alexandre C.

Read the full review
What I like most in GermainAPM are the complete data sources for both hardware and software. The ability to analyze user experience and business processes is amazing.

Alexandre C.

Read the full review
I liked the ability to view activities in real time, as well as the video mode of user actions on the site. I also liked the ability to integrate the service directly into Microsoft IIS.

Ivan K.

Read the full review

Cons

It is a pity that there is no plug-in for angular 9 yet.

Anastasiia S.

Read the full review
The learning curve is a bit steep, probably expected from a fully featured monitoring platform. I struggled to get started and it took a lot of time to find my way in the documentation.

Adiel C.

Read the full review
The amount of visual elements displayed by default can be a bit intimidating for non-tech savvy users (suggesting fewer metrics during the initial use of the platform may help here).

Fabio L.

Read the full review

Best ever APM found till yet

Pros

I have been using new relic APM since time but I got something that has more that we want in Germain APM. The best thing is that it is supporting many frameworks/databases/features. Also, easy user management is there in Germain APM. so you can share it with your team which you want. I got a very useful feature with a browser and a real user experience. So based on it I will design my site. Indeed, SSH/alerts and click automation is adding beauty with this software.

Cons

If they can improve better UI(design) then it will be more understandable with my team.

Thank you Sachin. We are working on improving our UI (much easier as this UI is new/built with one of the greatest js framework) stay tune! :)

Germain APM Cloud Application

Dashboard UI is easy to use and configurable. Its really use to lookup what happen on weekly basis. Scheduler functionality available in automation help us to save more money instead of running cronjob. After trial period usage, i got confidence to use this system for my future projects.

Pros

Angular and React applications traffic can be easily monitored with embed javascript from Germainapm.I like the way its integrated out of box.Automation is very simple and useful for triggering our cpu usage details, this help us to reduce our downtime, thanks to germainapm for this Automation.Existing SMS and Email Alert Template give us more flexibility and possiblity to use.

Cons

Adding a wizard for python app will make it easier to "monitor" a python application.

thank you. Python wizard will be there shortly.

Awesome Product

The UI of the product is little hard to understand for new customers. Sometimes login system takes too much time to response.

Pros

Germain APM have many features. User session tracking feature one of them. It's very advance tracking system that track user's every event in in his application. I like the feature.

Cons

It is a very useful product. I used their user session tracking system and it works great. It can help people to get analytics of the user session events in the application.

Hi Mohammad, thanks so much!

Review for APM product

Overall experience is good.

Pros

1. Easy to use interface. All resources(like Automation, Data Sources, Analytics etc) at one place. 2. Easy documentation and large no of languages support. 3. Cheaper price packages.

Cons

Ticket page design does not looks good, fonts size are inconsistent and should work on responsiveness part.

Thank you Manish. In a later version of germainAPM (already available for onpremise, and soon to be available for cloud users), the Ticket page is significantly enhanced! users can even write comments on it and view past comments..

Very good application

Really excited to use in production environment. Working great.

Pros

Application is very user friendly and easy to use. Faster when monitoring and exploring resources. The main thing is onestop solution for any technology stack.

Cons

Dashboard looks quite congested, Must be having a setup wizard for user when login instead of all icon placed at home screen

Hi Shankar. Thank you and couldnt agree more! we are looking at providing this setup wizard by 12/31/20 (may seem far ahead but we have so many other things in the pipeline...if you need this more urgently, please reach out to whoever you are working with or use this info @ germainapm.com

Nice Analytics, Debugging and User behavior Sass

It has helped me in analytics and errors which were not reproducible. It has helped me in marketing and in conversion of my nurture funnel.

Pros

1- I liked the whole functionality and replay feature 2- Integration was super easy in Drupal 3- Good information is like IP address and analytics are there on right. It can be helpful in debugging some unreproducible errors and can be also helpful in finding marketing strategies for conversions. 4- It also helped in analyzing user behaviors.

Cons

1- It will be good if I can see the real user web page in the session replay. 2- Some kind of analytics charting similar to Segment and Amplitude 3- Not sure its there but will like to have more features in API for some custom integration

Hi Ali, Thanks for your feedback. wrt 1) Real User Web Page is displayed and any user actions are replayed. Note that to improve your user experience with this Replay session feature, we have added a message on the replay so you know when the users is either waiting for the initial page to load or has stepped away onto another website that isnt monitored. wrt 2) Segment and Amplitude have been added in a more recent release. We are planning on upgrading our/your cloud on 7/31. wrt 3) custom integration are available and super flexible (system>rule or automation>script), let contact us if you need help there, we are always available to help and never charge for our help, and helping our clients is our #1 priority.

Everything you need for Project Monitoring and Analytics, but a little bit pricey

The User Experience is a bit overwhelming at first, as I don't know where to start, what is the feature I would need for my project. There is extensive documents, guide videos but I have to search/browse for a while to get to understand the feature. I think it should have a Step by Step walk through, lets user pick what project, what they want to track/monitor and come up with a setup guide for their project.

Pros

User Replay, very awesome feature, I don't know any other software provide this feature so this is my first time using it on Germain. All users will become my tester, testing the app and if there is a bug I can easily tracing through exact steps to reproduce. Copy the steps or records to send to developer right away without the hassle of asking QA to reproduce, log bug, etc.

Cons

Pricing. I think the entry point is a little bit costly for individual developer or small teams. The cost calculator give me estimation of $493/months for about 10,000 users. I understand that Germain provide a lot of features, but I probably don't use everything. Also a Free trial version of 7 days probably not enough to get familiar with the product yet. So in my opinion, having a Free option or lower price points for Individual developer and small team would make the product more competitive.

awesome thanks Nick.

Overall: Germain APM is a good tool to monitor your business performance.

Pros

- Sign up process is easy. Design is user-friendly. - The initial questions really helped me find the tools/metrics that I need to monitor. - I like that the incident are found on the top of the menu. As part of QA team, this is the first thing I take a look at in the morning. - Everything is under the sun: data, analytics, automation, etc. - There's so much functions and tools. It may look overwhelming in the beginning but the wizard and FAQ are well documented. - Germain APM works well with browsers that I am using (Google Chrome and Firefox). - Interface is responsive. I've never felt a lag while exploring the tools.

Cons

- A mobile app that can visualize the data would be nice - Not really a cons but I hope they will consider adding a dark mode theme

thank you Kristine. Mobile app to view metrics and dark mode are in the pipeline.

EASY TO USE AND EFFICIENT SOFTWARE

Using Germain is life changing. It is a software that will resolves issues in a timely manner. Very efficient and cost effective. Well recommended.

Pros

The fact that Germain APM benefits a lot of essential industries such as Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Media, Retail, Telecommunication, and Transportation is such an amazing job of the software. This technological advancement provides 24x7, real-time, deep insights into complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service. The Alert and Automate feature for critical occurrences are also a great factor to have Germain which are cost-saving/effective, improve IT ops, software, and hardware performance. I like that it generates and provides smart and actionable insights that help CX, PX, UX, Application Administrators Developer, and Data Scientist to become more innovative to come up with technical and business issues solutions.

Cons

I just hope to expand the services to more industries in the future especially that we are adapting to the "new normal"

Thank you Irene. germainAPM is available to other industries and our help is offered for free and unlimited. :)

Germain APM Review

Pros

1) The UI is nice, user friendly, and developed in Reactjs, which is very nice. 2) From the security point of view, it is good as it creates/deactivates sessions properly. 3) It gives a track of all apps that someone has registered, so that is a nice feature.

Cons

1) Please make it super simple, provide youtube video tutorials, as I found it hard to install. 2) When you send the emails, please prompt too for a good user experience. 3) I tried to change my password by using the option of profile settings, but I was unable to do that as well. Please add that too.

Best APM tool in market

Pros

- It has very simple UI to get start and it also save your preferences to customise the feature set as per your need. Secondly, colourful charts really save your time and one can quickly get an idea of the application performance - Germain APM ability to support all types of applications whether it's a web, desktop or mobile application and on whatever technology stack it's built, you can simply manage...

Cons

Due to the robust feature sets, initially it took some time to understand and properly use the application. But fortunate enough to have a very responsive support team available for help whenever needed.

Awesome thanks! and good call about newrelic which may have more features but germainAPM provides better insights..

One of the best APM solutions in the market

We started off using Germain to monitor Oracle CRM application only, but for the past two years we were able to extend the usage to other applications as well such as Oracle Fusion Middleware. Germain has so many rich features that it can monitor any application irrespective of underlying technology, if it can access/connect to the application then it can monitor! Germain support is one of the best, have great experience working with them! The best part is, support team never hesitated to jump in and help us debug performance issues with the CRM application, suggested different ways to slice/dice the data using Germain to get to the root cause.

Pros

User experience monitoring and root cause analysis are few of the features that are unique to Germain compared to other APM solutions in the market. The application gives you information about every user click/action taken on the browser and correlates that information with corresponding data gathered from the back end (application servers, network, database), which helps the support teams tremendously to debug/diagnose problems faster.

Cons

When we started to use the tool few years ago, customization of the application used to be a challenge and Germain support had to be engaged, but there have been several enhancements to the product and now we are able to make most of the configurations by ourselves. The UI looks very crowded, I would like to see a redesign of the application UI such that navigation and

whoever you are, thank you so much! also note that our new UI is available addressing the concern you have with our old UI, reach out to our team for an upgrade (free as usual) :)

small feedback

Pros

The app looks quite competitive on the market because of huge choice of tools it can be integrated with. Automatically trace every step to root cause and solve the most complex problems in seconds - is a great opportunity for different engineers like DevOps, developer and qa. The other very practicable thing is to manage issues and use alerting rules to be notified immediately. All of positive reasons...

Cons

While I was navigating this app I faced with two thing I was confused by. The first one is when I tried to connect my phone with desktop app I found that my desktop account was not accepted to login mobile app. Another one is when I tried to connect app to my HTML app, was required to download external js script to my server and paste in header. This donloading was blocked by anti-virus as malware. Probably you could offer just to paste in header a link to your clod script instead of downloading. Anyway I got more pleasant impressions then negative ones from researching your app.

Thanks Andrey. our mobile app is only to monitor the mobile device and native mobile app performance. however we dont offer (yet) a mobile app to visualize the metrics that can be visualized when you log on to our app on the cloud. and we will provide copy/paste for the header js content as an alternative to downloading the whole js

Review from a "performance test engineer" perspective

Pros

1.Vast language support, so many people from different countries across the globe will feel comfortable using this tool and very soon and easily get used to all the features it has to offer. 2.Cost effective, value for money accounting to be pocket-friendly not just for enterprise level, but for start ups and mid level companies and with no limit to the industries it can be used for. 3.SLA configuration and customisation capabilities the tool offers

Cons

Well, I have nothing to complain about what it already has, but I would like to point what more it can offer from a ‘Performance Test Engineer’ perspective. I would expect any APM tool to be able to identify and filter the real users and virtual users, and it should be able to provide response times of the business processes by filtering the time taken by the tool itself in this process. For instance,...

Thank you for your review. We do have filtering to isolate Real and Virtual users. moreover, the synthetic user click feature that is offered in germainAPM is better than the one provided by HP LoadRunner. HP LoadRunner generates "http/s" traffic than a user would generate but does NOT generate/simulate "real user clicks". germainAPM generates real user clicks and/or http traffic as part of the same or separate scenario. However HPLoadrunner is better for load testing and assessing the scalability of your infrastructure. germainAPM is, in this example of simulating a user, better at proactively detecting any user issues BEFORE the real users would, on a production web application, ecommerce, etc. email us if you need more details about any of this info @ germainapm.com

Complex powerful product, very suitable for any IT / digital environment

Overall experience is very positive - large set of features that will satisfy most demanding environments.

Pros

Germain APM is a SaaS solution that provides real-time monitoring, analytics, insights and process improvement in almost every digital environment. The benefits of Germain APM can be multifold and I’ll list some of its useful features: - You can define multiple KPI-s, and for each KPI - several different SLA-s (Service Level Agreements). Each SLA can have its own threshold (filter/condition) that will...

Cons

On the other side – the initial introduction of the software in real time environment can be time-consuming and will ask for technology experts – either Germain experts, or on-site employees.

Thanks Zoran!

Full stack insight and alerting for many applications, including Siebel CRM

We have found that working with the Germain APM team has been very productive. The team responds to issues raised quickly, and they provide feature updates and fixes monthly. The product has evolved with our needs and requests.

Pros

Gemain's best capability is its correlation from the users' desktops through the application, database, and infrastructure. For end users in a web app, JavaScript insights are especially detailed, and its alerting integration via email and web hooks are flexible enough to work within our enterprise. One particularly nice feature is being able to search first by field type (e.g., "Host Name") or even by a specific value. Typing in a specific value (user login, server name, SQL ID) runs a query across all searchable fields. This capability is especially helpful when the user does not know the exact field name but has a value ready. All matching fields with that value appear in a dropdown for selection.

Cons

The user interface is somewhat outdated relative to competing products; Germain APM is nearing release of a refactored UI.

Thank you so much Jason. Our new UI is ready and we can't wait for your organization to use it! :) and thank you for your amazing support :)

german APM for application performance monitoring

germain APM system is really an amazing tool that helps organizations in delivering the next generation high performing applications at the optimized cost of development, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance. Having this product helps us to identify the root causes of any issue, and provide an ability to fix them at the initial stage, thereby reducing rework and maintenance costs.

Pros

1. germain APM is able to control the level of monitoring we wish to perform, from the whole echo system to just a few components. It has an ability to either proactively/ re-actively set monitoring options, which is very much customizable and well suited for various customer requirements. 2. The documentation of various components provided, from the dashboard, agents or JS script help us in the ease...

Cons

1. I wish the documentation for all the tools can be better organized, and also training and tutorials can be created on youTube or any other video streaming platform for the benefit of all users. 2. Some of the links do not seem to be working: My Cloud Setting > Goal > Access Your Cloud (To Monitor, Analyze, Automate) https://undefined/germainapm/workspace/auth?sessionid=dmlrcmFtLmNwQGdtYWlsLmNvbTpQV0FTMDVOTldJ

Thank you. We were not expecting that much growth in a such a short time period..we have since enhanced our cloud infrastructure so you don't experience this issue any longer, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for you review! :)

germainAPM software provides powerful UX monitoring services and technologies

There just isn't enough time or space to include all the amazing capabilities of this company's technology. I am convinced that this software is essential to any thriving business today.

Pros

germainAPM software provides powerful (and, in my professional opinion, essential), monitoring services and technologies for any individual/organization out there today that cares to understand the various facets of their operations and how to improve upon the current/existing processes and performance levels. As a primary decision-maker in several different capacities - business services-provider,...

Cons

While I do feel a bit overwhelmed by the vast offerings and complex technologies of it all, I am willing to take the time to learn it and am looking forward to discovering just how much more I can do with germainAPM.

Thank you so much Kelly. Agreed we do need to provide self-guidance

One of the best real user monitoring (RUM) software available

Overall experience is really good and it has helped our organization.

Pros

Signup process is very convenient even for newbies. Germain APM is one of the best tools available online to monitor real time user experience of your website. Pros: User Interface: User interface is really interactive and user doesn't have to navigate to any other web page in order to fully explore the options. The website is cross functional and it works incredibly well in almost all the browsers. Its very easy to manage the dashboard as per your business needs. Functionality: Germain APM monitors worst user experience by monitoring website malfunctions including expensive SQL Query, Application slowness while triggering specific chunk of code and any back-end application process. This helps organizations to improve user experiences with reduced response time.

Cons

The only con is that customer support is somewhat slow because of US and European timezone.

thanks Ali! :) you can also use germainAPM to monitor Business Processes and Technology uptime and performance! and we are growing and building a support team closer to your timezone! stay tune! :)

Valuable tool for performance monitoring

Pros

I like Germain APM's customized cloud settings to set configuration criteria such as priorities / goals / relevant industries to the user and how they could impact the user’s cloud design for performance monitoring of the applications. In addition, Germain APM offers a creative approach to offering full-stack coverage for a wide range of application frameworks, not simply concentrating on one component,...

Cons

The present separation of features in the Germain APM may be a little daunting without structured instruction requiring some time for careful navigation and a guided walkthrough for it to be more user friendly.

Thank you so much Anwarul. This year, we are going to improve the UI to make it easier to use for new starter.

Great solution for CRM and eCommerce projects

Pros

I had been working with Sales CRM systems and eCommerce projects for about 3 years. So I’ve tested a lot of software to monitor visitors activity. And I should tell that Germain appears to be the best decision for us. Surely it has its pros and cons. I will tell you the most important from my side: Pros: - It doesn’t matter what browser you use - it works perfect on all of them. - Use Germain...

Cons

- I wish Garmin will improve some interface features to make it more user-friendly and mark retired fields in red. But once you get it - it’s not really a problem to use.

Thanks for your review. Owing to your feedback, we now have all required fields marked red, so it is easier! :) we are also working on improving the UX of our dashboard but that is going to take till the end of the year before we complete what we have in mind. thanks again :)

Great Product to Track App Performance and User Experience

Germain APM gives you the ability to track, analyze and automate user flows for your mission-critical applications. The onboarding process is simple, fast, and user-friendly, allowing you to set business objectives such as KPI performance, application priorities, and SLA thresholds. The platform also offers a broad range of wizards that assist you in configuring your app monitoring. As the platform provides end to end control, it allows you to identify any issues and remedy them rapidly, whether it be a hardware component, network, or service. The scalability of the platform also gives you the capability to configure it for the most complex application scenarios making it a solution for organizations of any size.

Pros

The onboarding process was simple, fast, and user-friendly. The platform has a wide variety of built-in wizards, making it easy to configure and automate monitors that align with your business service level agreements. The User Interface leverages many modern UX principles making it both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing. The dashboards return pertinent information and double up as the system's reporting feature making report creation efficient and straightforward. The platform offers end to end monitoring allowing you to identify any issues and remedy them.

Cons

Although the documentation is well written, it would be great to have a 'quickstart' tutorial that walks a novice user through the steps needed to get an APM state configured. The addition of some inline 'tooltips' would allow a user to navigate and configure the system without continually referring to the help documentation. After configuring an alert or monitoring parameter, it would be great to have a 'run now' feature to test that the config returns data.

Thank you Chris. We have just released our first tutorial out and will be working on enriching it over this year.

Simple & Intuitive

Overall it's a very good experience using germain APM. It's very much useful and easy to use.

Pros

Germain APM provides a modular and intuitive design which helps us in visualising all of our key-metrics (technical & functional) in real-time. The simplistic way of adding smart filters on top of any component/feature is fabulous. Out-of-the-box Dashboard templates are really helpful to ramp up quickly and start visualising just by plugging in the data. It’s like one stop shop that solves the need of monitoring our systems to identify where our users are struggling.

Cons

By default please provide a sample dashboard with preloaded data to play around and learn more. Even if I am 100% Zoom, I will always need to scroll down to click on “Next” button within a popup that has lot of white space.

Thank you. Default dashboards are available from the left menu > dashboards > all. But we agree we need to have data on each to kind of help you start seeing that is looks like, planning to work on this sometime this year.

From setup to insights in no time

germain APM offers a plethora of monitoring tools for any technology business with support for a very wide tech stack. We used their automated widgets to monitor and analyse our customer facing web apps and its datasources which were all deployed on a cloud. From monitoring usage and performance of our web and mobile apps to identifying bottlenecks in our database queries, it enabled this very easily and rapidly. The setup was quite straightforward with helpful documentation. It took us almost no time from initiating the setup to discovering insights from our web services.

Pros

1. Availability to support monitoring across a wide spectrum of technology stacks. 2. The overall process of setting up an automated monitoring widget is quite fast. 3. High degree of customisation and control over a monitoring widget.

Cons

1. The user onboarding can be greatly improved. There should be a proper welcome guide to take user to the homepage or the desired landing page which should be guided(like a guided tour along with short video tutorial links). 2. Automation: After setting up an automation step for e.g. generating a JavaScript Script for Standard HTML application monitoring, the user has no idea what to do after setting up the monitoring. Where would I be able to see the results of this monitoring? A Step-by-Step or Stage wise like setup guide which preserves the current progress and lets user navigate to next steps until the desired journey comes to an end should be made available. 3. UI Color palette - The UI could certainly make use of more colours which would allow better UX.

thanks for your review and totally agree with your comments which we have solutions coming up..stay tune! :)

A Swiss army knife

the tool allowed, in just one place, to keep the development, test management, and monitoring of the created / tested elements

Pros

I found a powerful tool, very complete because it has several resources in one place For those looking to manage their applications, this Swiss army knife comes to improve the performance of your team and will add a lot to your production. I still haven't seen anything like it. You can monitor how many times the page is accessed, how many clicks each button has received and generate a complete quantity report and performance, which you can use for your management team or your devteam. Automate your tests and repeat as many times as necessary to ensure quality in your application. Manage consumption of your APIs, both GET and POST Analyze KPIs and user experience through the Analytics menu. But if you don't have a lot of knowledge, Wizards can easily guide you and make your life easier.

Cons

The aplication doesn had a kind of log of changes, but it send you a e-mail when something happens

Thanks you Silva. In our latest available release, we do have log changes monitoring capability and audit trail for any configuration changes that are made..let me know if you need to discuss this.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.