IT Glue Logo
IT Glue

Track, find and know everything in under 30 seconds.

visit website

IT Glue Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

Reviews by rating

Great solution to keep track of every bit of information about a client. Everything has a place and provides a password generator to help make it easy to secure logins and passwords.
The flexible assets and related items have benefitted the company I work for throughout the years. The many integration options are great, too.
I like how easy it is to switch between clients, and the IT Glue Academy was very helpfull. The tutorials made our transition from SharePoint really nice and smooth.
My techs no longer have to hunt for information and then worry it is outdated.
Overall, we are disappointed in the value of this product.
I would only ever consider their enterprise product which, if you have a large team, can become costly.

EL

Eric L.

President

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Great Platform, economical and easy to use.

Transcript

Eric L.: My name is Eric. I'm the president of Terra Cloud and I would give IT Glue pretty much a five...

Randal W.

Managing Partner

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Time is money and because this saves time...it makes us money

Transcript

Randal: Hi, I'm Randal, managing partner. I give IT Glue five stars. For more reviews, just click down...

Christopher M.

A Must for MSPs

Pros

ITGlue is a great product for control of your documents, password, and network devices.Everything our Help Desk need in one location

Cons

Network glue the agent has been buggy for us

JK

Jw K.

Best Asset Management System I've Used

IT Glue solves many problems for us daily. It primary use for us is Password and Asset management. Without IT Glue we would have no single place to go when searching for information on our clients, their locations, users, ISPs, telcos, servers, firewalls, etc. IT Glue houses all of the critical information that keeps ours and our client's business running.

Pros

IT Glue is an excellent platform that is easy to use and quite customizable. Most importantly, it is fast and reliable. We have experienced very few outages over the years with ITG and with their automated offline backup, we were able to continue operations with minimal impact.

Cons

While one of it's strengths, the simplicity of ITG can also be a weakness. I would like to see more controls implemented in user permissions and access. As well, it would be great to be able to toggle certain features on/off completely if they are not used.

Alan H.

Why I left the ITGlue family

In the long run, I believe ITGlue was not a good partner for us

Pros

In the beginning, it really forced upon us a culture of creating useful documentation.

Cons

ITGlue did help my business with documentation and business practices in the beginning. But, as my company matured, I questioned its value of not being fully enlisted in the Kaseya ecosystem, where most development went toward. Kaseya's business practices became apparent - lots of talk/promises with minimal action. It might be different if I entirely bought into the Kaseya ecosystem, but that was not...

MB

Michael B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

One stop shop for your Knowledge Base needs.

Since implementation, our staff has become more organized with our password management, knowledge base / document creation, and vendor management. We constantly see techs answer questions to other staff members regarding customer and vendor info with "It's in IT Glue." So long as everyone is onboard with putting the info in the platform, it saves time of having to reach out to specific resources for a peice of information.

Pros

My favorite function of IT Glue is the fact that we're able to store many forms of information on the platform, along with consume information from various sources, in-turn saving time in gathering relevant information on our clients and infrastructure.

Cons

The organization can be a little much, but I think it's just due to the sheer number of things you can do with the platform. We discover new things with IT Glue frequently, and it sometimes requires a single resource to manage how the platform should be used in the organization, or at least lay down some groundwork and rules for staff to follow so data can be populated effectively.

AS

Adam S.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

The flagship IT Documentation software

Glue is instrumental in our department's success. It replaced a lot of chaotic password management and has given us a lot of peace of mind to handle disaster recovery and day to day management. We are very happy with it and will likely continue using it for many years.

Pros

IT glue gives you a flexible way to manage your IT documentation. While some edge scenarios can be cumbersome, the fact is that it is the only platform we have tried (short of a fully customized Sharepoint setup) that is completely flexible to let us build the assets the way we want to without railroading us.

Cons

I feel like the pace of development has slowed significantly since the Kaseya acquisition and the focus is now on upselling other Kaseya products that we have no use for. However, new features are still coming out. I would also like to see an alternative way to handle asset management besides 'Configurations' or having to run a secondary PSA just to handle ITAM.

DT

Daniel T.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

ITglue - a core part of our business

My overall experience with IT Glue has been highly positive. As a user, I found the platform to be highly effective in managing and organizing documentation for my organization. The platform offers a comprehensive range of features and tools that enable users to easily create, store, and access critical information.

Pros

The platform is highly customizable and user-friendly, with a sleek and modern interface that makes navigation and data input simple and intuitive.Another standout feature of IT Glue is its integration capabilities. The platform seamlessly integrates with a wide range of tools and services, making it easy to connect with other applications that are used regularly.

Cons

One of the main concerns I had with IT Glue was its pricing structure. Although the platform offers a comprehensive range of features and tools, it can be quite expensive for smaller organizations, which may not be able to justify the cost.Another challenge I faced was with the search functionality of IT Glue. While the platform does offer a search bar, it was not always accurate, and it could be difficult to locate specific pieces of information or documentation quickly.

PC

Patrick C.

IT Glue, a great product

Software product is amazing, the people that we deal with are amazing. We cannot say the same with regards to the subscription/billing system, whilst claiming to be a Cloud Product, with Cloud Flexibility, Billing flexibility after the changing from IT Glue to Kaseya is a very bad experience.

Pros

Flexibility of the product, Run Books and Password handling.

Cons

Cannot complain on anything with regards to the software.

SM

Sarah M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Overall a great product for documentation

Pros

Easy to use and train both clients and our agents to use. It also has integrations that work well and rarely have issues once they are implemented.

Cons

Support can be challenging at times. When an issue is discovered a ticket will be escalated but it can be weeks or months sometimes to implement a fix.

CH

Chris H.

IT Documentation and credential management

Pros

Easily handle large amounts of customer documentation, credentials, and other IT information. Our customer accounts are automatically added by integration with our CRM, further reducing time spent on data entry. Credentials for new clients are easy to import.

Cons

There have been a couple of outages which affected our business the the past few years, but overall service is highly reliable. As with any online service you should have an offline backup kept up to date just in case.

RW

Rick W.

Blah, blah, blah... IT Glue... blah, blah, blah

again, overall it's been great. No significant downtimes or outages, yet. that was the biggest problem w/ PP - that, and they'd lose our documentation from time to time.

Pros

I generally like the overall ease of use of IT Glue. I like also that I can open several customers in different browser tabs so as to effectively work on several devices at one time. I copy/paste passwords from IT Glue a lot because I'm running updates on servers/devices at night on weekends and, unlike PassPortal, i can open multiple customers and still copy/paste the correct passwords where needed. the other product would mix passwords, etc. Searching documentation is also a breeze in IT Glue.

Cons

One thing I liked about PassPortal (our previous tool) was that we'd implemented a password plugin into ConnectWise ScreenConnect. I know IT Glue offers something along those lines but my company has yet to implement it. Not really a negative for IT Glue - more my company.

SG

Shaun G.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Consolidate onto one tool for all your Client support information

IT Glue was a game changer for us. Was easy to get of the group relative to other systems we've used in the past, and is a integral part of our day to day operations.

Pros

IT Glue has allowed us to abandon the myriad of alternative solutions we had in the past for document, asset and password management. It's a favorite tool of much of the team, is used constantly, and has both improved the security of client information while allowing us to abandon the mix of tools required in the past to address different features of its functionality.

Cons

While IT Glue has come a long way, the search functionality is still a challenge. The organization and flexibility around that continues to improve, so the necessity of search is actually that high as it's still easy to find information if you manage it well, but searching is a weakness of the product.

Ar R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Good MSP tool

This is a great product and is a very good tool to organize data/knowledge for multiple clients securely

Pros

ITGlue provides all the features to track documentation, processes, environment data, passwords and knowledge for an MSP to manage multiple clients and allow our teams to easily find client data. ITGlue integrates well with our other tools allowing us to sync certain data from other systems to keep some client data up to date automatically

Cons

ITGlue has a steep learning curve to understanding the various concepts and best practices that we have to put a lot of time into training staff to understand ITGlue but once you understands ITGlue's way of organizing everything it is very useful and does make process more efficient

JM

Jonas M.

IT Glue

Pros

It’s easy to use and to control - and it will do the stuff we need. User acceptance is high.Integrations make usage pretty simple and enrich manual entered data.

Cons

Development could be faster and better balanced between new features and bugfixes/housekeeping.Graphs from Network Glue can’t be enriched or customized. So we still need a third party software to draw network diagrams.Network glue also isn’t aware to display several broadcast domains.

JB

John B.

4+ years of use

We've got a centralised CMDB now so that's the positive. Ensuring it's up to date is difficult (Cultural issues) and you can end up unearthing bad data elsewhere as part of the adoption.

Pros

Herding technical people into one repository for configuration information was the ultimate goal, away from Excel and OneNote. Got there in the end but don't under estimate the culture change needed. ITGlue provides the central store for information, pulling in info from various integrations.

Cons

There's some elements that are inflexible. It's easy to create "Flexible Asset Sprawl", especially when trying integrations, Network Detective, Datto RMM, Lionguard, Datto BCR all create their own and it can become quite unwieldy. Also, bear in mind that its "GIGO" so if you've got rubbish in your PSA, it will resurface in ITGlue.

CP

Chris P.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

One tool fits all

It has been very pleasant to use. We don't document enough yet, but it's not because of ITGlue, it's something we need to work on.

Pros

It's simple to use and it helps keep all of our passwords in one easy to access location for all the techs

Cons

When the ITGlue servers go down, we are without access to our crucial client passwords.

DB

Drew B.

Review of ITGlue from Drew

It has been a good experience, support (when needed) has been responsive, and deployment wasn't difficult

Pros

It is fairly easy to manage, was easy to set up, and allows for centralization of our client data

Cons

We are happy with the software and have no CONS at this time

PS

Paul S.

We use IT Glue

Overall our experience has been good. The product is mature and the roadmap looks good. The onboarding was not very supportive or thorough, but the support is reasonable if you need it.

Pros

The speed of the interface and search is excellent. When creating documents, the different document types are very easy to use once you master the differences. The MyGlue function customers love. Our tech's also really appreciate the integration with our RMM tools.

Cons

The search is not quite as 'global' as Kaseya lead you to believe. Quite often documents are not found even when the search word/phrase is in the title and document body. Also, be careful how many integrations you enable. A lot of duplicate and orphaned data ends up getting created.My 2 big wishes are:1. I wish you could create folders in the Help Center in MyGlue. I don't like the Google approach of "search the bucket". Not all users are Millenials/Gen-Z. We grew up with folders and structure in our lives.2. I wish there were a way to template a skeleton setup for a new client

CG

Clayton G.

Great Password Manager

Overall, I am very happy with IT Glue and would recommend it to almost anyone.

Pros

I really like how easy and intuitive it is to use. The version history has saved me quite a few times with accidental clicking. The ability to offer it to our clients with a replacement to Last Pass is a huge value added to our services.

Cons

The searching in the documents section doesn't search inside of folders which is annoying. Also, the check all and then change permissions is hidden and someone lacking in options. Support is also just so-so. Most of the time they can't reproduce my issue and then kind of drop it.

CB

Christopher B.

IT Glue is a solid and easy-to-use IT Documentation Platform

Pros

The best thing about IT Glue is how easy it is to add, organize and customize documentation. Being able to create custom flexible assets using the software is also extremely easy and allows us to create meaningful data that is customized to a particular business process or role.

Cons

One thing that can sometimes be annoying is when trying to attach files to documents or other assets and having the 100 MB file limit cap. Having a higher file limit cap would make the product more useful for attaching files needed for installation to an SOP or Application flexible asset, for example.

BR

Bryan R.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

A must have tool for IT

Overall experience has been great. Its perfect to ensure every password have a complex one.

Pros

One of the most notable features of ItGlue is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for even non-technical users to navigate and use the platform effectively. The platform also offers a robust search functionality, allowing users to quickly find the information they need.ItGlue also includes a range of customization options, allowing users to tailor the platform to their specific needs.

Cons

Only con I have is when there is an outage!

JV

Jon V.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

MSP Use Case for IT Glue

Ease of use and access coupled with a great price point when bundling this with BMS and VSA makes this an easy win for all MSP's ranging in size from small to large.

Pros

It allows us to have an easy to access central location for all of our documentation, across all of our clients and prospective clients. Staff understand how to pull value from this tool with minimal training.

Cons

There are features within IT Glue that are well thought out, but perhaps not applicable specifically to our workflows. It can be a challenge to understand how to use these features in the best way as there's not really a "This is best practice" approach for these items.

BP

Brian P.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Single pane of glass for documentation

We have been a happy user of IT Glue for quite sometime and would recommend it to anyone looking for a centralized docmentation platform.

Pros

IT Glue allows us to have a single pane of glass for all of our client documentation needs. It integrates with many 3rd party utilities which automates the documentation process for us which save times and also makes us more efficient.

Cons

Only negative is I wish the import documents supported more types instead of having to convert everything during upload

Gary G.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Essential For Security

Life working at a MSP is made 10x easier with a product like IT Glue. Gone are the days of keeping passwords on pen and paper. Welcome to the 21st century!

Pros

IT Glue has made organizing and updating client information an absolute dream. There hasn't been a single day that has passed that I haven't used this to help us manage our client PC's and access the important servers and computers we need to keep track of with the password management IT Glue offers. Can't recommend it enough!

Cons

The sheer amount of features available can feel a little convoluted sometimes. I also think there could be some work done on the UI for navigation, but that's definitely the least of my concerns with this platform.

AP

Adam P.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

IT Glue Review

Overall, we love the platform and will continue to use this within our organization.

Pros

My favorites are the revision history, auditing, OTP and related items capability.

Cons

Sometimes the data is slow on loading or refreshing. There have been multiple instances of access errors and outages. Only one major outage in 4 years.

JG

Josh G.

Admin/Setup and Daily User

Overall it has been positive.

Pros

Easy to use and customize. Very intuitive.

Cons

Support has been poor since the Kaseya acquisition. Some long standing missing basic features (batch updates for certain items and default record permissions). Inconsistent search functionality (depending on where/how you search) causes a ton of confusion (specifically search not looking through sub folders in certain circumstances).