IT Glue Logo
IT Glue

Track, find and know everything in under 30 seconds.

visit website

IT Glue Reviews - Page 3

DB

David B.

Game changer

IT Glue has completely changed how we document clients' business environments, the information is easily searchable and at our fingertips so much quicker than previous solutions that we used. Before we'd have to search spreadsheets, notes within a CRM program, or manually review documents (guides, photos, etc.) for updates.

Pros

Cons

I haven't encountered any negative aspects of the solution. When issues do arise, support is quick to help or make sure that our suggestion is passed on to the development team.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

This software launched our company into an age of Better documentation

Pros

What this really has going for it is the ability to link items, a SOP can be linked to other procedures and documents allowing you to hand off documentation and have all the related materials linked to the one Item. I also like that their team does not seem to be resting on the product as it is, there are continual improvements and exciting things roadmapped for the future.

Cons

The platform lacks the ability to archive passwords that are no longer in play for former employees and the like. This has been on the community wishlist for quite some time with no indication of when or if it will be released. Another gripe is that core things in the software change FREQUENTLY without any prior warning explanation. Some of the changes have left me scratching my head as to what possible benefit or reason there is to changing things? So I find myself relearning certain aspects of how to use the software which can be particularly frustrating when trying to get through a work day.

RP

Randy P.

Easy Use

Over this product is a game changer with the kind of data that we have to track and keep up with.

Pros

Software is easy to get around in and find things as long as you take the time to set things up correctly that works for you

Cons

Some times the searches are a little slow, but not all the time.

EG

Edward G.

IT Glue - Quality platform for MSPs

Pre-Kaseya acquisition, IT Glue was awesome as a company. Since then, there has been a lot of churn from a people perspective, but the product continues to be very good.

Pros

IT Glue was easy to set up overall, the most time we spent was entering existing data. My team liked the functionality and how items could be linked to eliminate searching around for documents and then credentials, etc.

Cons

Feature-wise, I think IT Glue is great. Unfortunately, our account reps change constantly and seem to be most interested in upselling or cross-selling over promoting new features.

BS

Brayden S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

IT Glue - Putting the IT in "It Just Works!"

Phenomenal. The search feature among folders may sound harsh, but that is truly the ONLY gripe I have had with IT Glue. I never heard of it before I started using it, but now I don't think I will be able to work anywhere else without it. It is that important to my daily workflow.

Pros

The encrypted password storage and the features of this storage are impeccable. Truly couldn't ask for a more efficient and easier-to-user tool that makes my organization's work processes significantly easier to manage. The search functions among tenants and passwords make using this tool necessary, rather than "just another option amongst all the other password storage software."

Cons

I've mentioned it previously in my review, but I will mention it again here. Searching Documents by their name/title - specifically if those documents are within folders for organizational use - is next to impossible. Since the search function is so key to the ease and efficiencies we have found by using this product, the fact that folders complicate this feature has forced us to remove any and all folders. Why spend time paging through folders trying to remember what categorical property we assigned it, when we can use the search bar and narrow the options down to 10 or less options?

AM

Alora M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Overall a solid product useful for keeping everyone on the same page

Pros

IT Glue is really useful for keeping the entire IT team on the same page. It often serves as a single point of truth for a lot of internal and external documents and processes. We use it for our own data as well as client data. We reference IT Glue on a daily basis across the organization. The phrase "let me check IT Glue" is frequently uttered.

Cons

Their customer service could stand to be a little more consistent. Sometimes it can be hit or miss depending on what rep you are routed to. For the most part, our issues are solved in a timely manner. From time to time we experience outages, which can be frustrating, but we have our most important items located in other accessible locations.

Nathan H.

11-50 employees

ITGlue has transformed our ability to accurately document our clients' IT infrastructure.

Pros

The ability to tag different items and configurations within ITGlue allows us to document all of the impacted components in an IT system. For example, we can document the virtualization environment for a client by tagging the physical hypervisors, the virtualization license, the VMs that are hosted on the hypervisors, the credentials used to access the hypervisors and the virtualization environment, etc. This has greatly reduced the time needed to support our clients. I also like the integrations with ConnectWise and Kaseya.

Cons

There isn't much that I can say about ITGlue that is negative. I would like the ability to export a runbook for a client into PDF. I know they are working on this feature but it isn't available yet.

NB

Nick B.

Review of Glue

I have been using ITGlue for a few years now and have grown to love it! One you get the hang of the user interface, it becomes second hand nature. Anything and everything important goes into ITGlue!

Pros

This web based platform is a one stop shop for all of our critical client information. If we need to know something about one of our clients, it always ends up in itglue! I personally love how everything is organized into clients and categories so I can easily find exactly what I'm looking for!

Cons

The one thing I think could use improvement would be uptime. I will rarely see that ItGlue will become non accessible due to issues or maintenance . This doesn't happen very often but causes a big impact when it does.

Steve B.

Documentation is Essential

Overall, we've been happy with IT Glue. The service desk use it daily, and it's a product I'd recommend to startup IT companies who need a documentation solution in place.

Pros

Being able to segment customers' documentation of assets has been extremely useful for all departments within the company. It's helped with our productivity and customer satisfaction to retain the information when/ if requested quickly.

Cons

The ability to sync customer products or the ability to pull them from agreements via 3rd party PSA's doesn't seem to be there. We had to manually create a checklist of what they have and don't have from our stack, but it's not manageable as we continue to grow.

AK

Andrei K.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

IT Glue is a great solution to manage documentation, assets and keep track of inventory.

With the usage cases mentioned in this review had pretty much no problems, with some exceptions mentioned previously. Overall an amazing solution that I truly recommend.

Pros

Documentation, asset and credential management is great, how everything can be linked with each other. Also a great solution to keep track of inventory in your company.

Cons

Documentation migration from previous solutions didn't go as flawlessly originally, some content did not copy over seamlessly, like pictures and attachments.

CH

Chris H.

Great Product Overall

Pros

I love everything from the big features like being able to integrate other products with APIs from simple buttons that help me work quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Exporting data and runbooks include archived data and I'd prefer it not sometimes. Would be nice if there was an option, unless there is and I missed it.The search isn't as good as it used to be. I've searched for things within an organzation before and it says no results, yet I can manually go find it.

LS

Lawrence S.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

My recommended, go-to documentation solution for any IT department/company!

Overall, ITGlue is great, the solution allows us to standardise our IT documentation but also share it with our customers via MyGlue

Pros

The integration with 3rd party solutions, along with Kaseya's massive product stack. The easy to use UI, making it even easier and less daunting when it comes to documenting our customer's IT setup.

Cons

Even though it's easy to use, I think it could be even more user friendly when it comes to access permissions both for ITGlue and MyGlue.

JS

Jessy S.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

ITG is great!

overall everything is great!

Pros

It's easy for us to keep track of important information from our customers and be transparent with them with the help of MyGlue

Cons

I'ts not easy for engineers on site to take notes. It takes time for them to have to build out the documents. They're still using onenote for this purpose so we are missing a lot of information

CH

Cheryl H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

ITGlue has helped us organize and consolidate our critical documentation

Onboarding and Offboarding Users

Pros

We are not an MSP, but IT Glue has provided us with a central repository of our critical documentation for systems and software. The customization of flexible assets is just what we needed to consolidate different information from many different sources. We use custom checklists for onboarding and offboarding our users and the ability to relate information is very useful. The audit logs are a big help to keep us on track, We love the product and highly recommend it to our partners.

Cons

There are no dislikes about the product.

EG

Eric G.

ITG For The Win!

I use this daily and would not be able to efficiently work without it, I am very pleased with the ease of use and support.

Pros

Centralizing info, intuitive interface, customized structure, seamless collaboration, integrations – all in one place. Streamlined workflow, boosted productivity, enhanced data security.

Cons

Initial setup effort, especially data migration. However, the long-term benefits overshadowed the challenge.

Randal W.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Time is money and because this saves time...it makes us money

At first, it was hard to see a business case for implementing this product, as we used Evernote and we were fairly well organized, but with the addition of new employees, it became clear that more was needed. Once you go through the training and understand the concept of standardization, the tool magically unlocks its powers. You find information easily, and we can categorize information in a way that makes sense for us. Because it's a tool we use constantly throughout our day, the price was a no-brainer and fully get value for the small investment. Time is money, therefore saving time is allowing us to do more, in our day.

Pros

Access to credentials is easy and painless. The RunBook export was really amazing and well laid out. It made us look very professional.

Cons

The Mobile App is not very user friendly. It also does not show all information of the full product, but good when in a jam.

MC

Meagon C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pros

The flexible assets and related items have benefitted the company I work for throughout the years. The many integration options are great, too. We have cycled through many applications throughout the years, but not for our documentation! It serves its purpose well - why change?

Cons

One downside we have noticed is that the global search sometimes does not function as expected. It has often not found a child folder in the folder hierarchy when searching by keyword when the word is in the document's title. Additionally, I would love to see a more robust integration between ConnectWise Manage and IT Glue, where the knowledge base in Manage syncs with IT Glue Documents. This is not so much a downside as it is a wishlist item.

RS

Rebecca S.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

ITGlue Dependability

Our team depends on ITGlue for assisting customers; overall, very easy to use and quickly access needed documents and configurations.

Pros

The ability to easily access records for hundreds of endpoints is pivotal to providing dependable, friendly support to our customers!

Cons

The search feature for ITGlue is still lacking - the results are often hard to populate in a helpful manner, based on search terms.

Chris M.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

IT Glue - Still the best but losing ground

We been using IT Glue for a few year and it was good for our needs then, but are ,moving away to a competitor in 2019, due to the Cons noted.

Pros

It is the most feature rich Documentation/Password Manger on the market, That is very mature in the market and heavily used by MSP's

Cons

The Password manager is lacking allot of features we reacquire for control/Management. There no integration really to share the passwords with other software. The encryption and security of the SaaS offering is higher risk then I would like due to the use of a single encryption key for encrypting all data, this also give IT glue employees ability to access customers data.

Costly but Easy to use

Day to day, it works very well, im able to find what i need. there has been some concerns about downtime from the platform.

Pros

The integrations and setup of ITG was very easy. It quickly grabs the information from other sources like RMM or backups.

Cons

the Text editor is very basic, sometimes you have to build things that would be more basic sounding from scratch.

MN

Michael N.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent bit of software for all your managed password needs

Pros

It's accessible from anywhere. Password and information are secure. It has the option to copy passwords without actually viewing them (eg if you're in the public and don't want to reveal your password). It can be integrated with other apps such as O365 (useful for linking user information, see how many unused licenses there are etc).

Cons

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to set a pop up notification or reminder. You can set tasks but you have to go in to view them, there isn't an option to set reminder notifications / pop ups as yet.

RB

Ravi B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Still a good product post acquisition

Love it

Pros

Feature set is solid, integrations are solid.Well organized and easy to import/export from other service providers or to alternate software.I don't feel locked in but the price and quality keeps me here.

Cons

Owned by KaseyaThird party integration development has slowed a bit post acquisition

AS

Amy S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Customer Documentation at its best!

Pros

IT Glue lets us keep all of our customer information in one place. A digital file cabinet detailing every bit of information you would need to know to service the customer. One feature we started using recently is the Vault where we can encrypt and decrypt with a user-specific passphrase. This adds another layer of security on passwords that are sensitive.

Cons

There are not many downsides to IT Glue. I would like better end-user training that is specific to a technician and one specifically to an administrator.

Great Tool

My general experience is Good. I dont use ITG too much but when I use it, it's useful. It's nice to have all the info in one place.

Pros

It's easy to learn how to use and it's a complete tool to have our SOPs/Documentation/Vendor Info in the same place.

Cons

Some information is not easy to find and it difficults getting the right document/information

HT

Hardik T.

IT Glue Review as System Admin

Pros

IT Glue is the best in the market, when it comes to document management, password management or if you just want to keep the asset record, there are many features available such as integration with the Microsoft 365 and Active Directory etc...

Cons

The syncing process across the platform takes a bit of time.