JumpCloud Directory Platform Logo

A cloud directory platform for secure access to resources

JumpCloud Directory Platform Reviews - Page 2

TM

Trevor M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Look out Microsoft AD...

I was hired into my organization to bring on a directory platform and consolidate our IT practices among users and computers. I came from a microsoft active directory shop, but my new company was not interested in AD. That was a seemingly tall task, until I found JumpCloud. I thoroughly enjoy coming into work and using jumpcloud to build the next era of our IT practices and procedures. We are primarily focused on SSO at the moment, and that is proving to be very simple to configure. I am looking forward to getting devices managed with JC in the next coming months using their pre-defined policies, as well as their command runner feature and powershell module. JumpCloud will soon be a serious competitor to Microsoft's admin suite, and I am very happy to be on board.

Pros

SSO integrations are incredibly easy to configure, no matter if you are using a prebuilt configuration or need to make a custom connector. Having SSO, LDAP, Radius, MFA in the same platform as device authentication and configuration policies is something I have not found outside of Microsoft AD and JumpCloud. There are remote management and monitoring tools out there that claim to do these things,...

Cons

1) No nested user groups! I feel this is essential for identity and access governance. 2) The device policies that they have available cover a lot of the base security hardening needs, but I am excited to see just how much of the various supported OS jumpcloud will eventually be able to tap into. I would love to see JC mirror Active Directory Group Policies as much as possible, and continue to get...

RO

Renato O.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Platform

Jumpcloud has helped us move to one platform for Security, MDM and in the future I'm sure we will move for software updates and rolling software to users. I'm really enjoying the new features and roadmaps that Jumpcloud will bring to us all.

Pros

Jumpcloud has several features that will bring ease of use to you life. The simplicity of the system and the ease of understanding is key. Going from a brand name MDM to using Jumpcloud was super easy. The everyday management and the use of it, is definite stand out for me in terms of using Jumpcloud.

Cons

Jumpcloud has alot of items, some are less relevant. But one negative aspect, and this is getting better, is the possibility to push macOs application to users. This is still fiddly but I'm sure that Jumpcloud will come out with a solution.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Holistic And Neutral Solution For IAM And Device Management

JumpCloud is the only solution which can provide an authoritative directory, an IdP for SAML and device management combined in a single unified SaaS-based solution. The neutral approach by serving well established standards such as LDAP, SAML and RADIUS for AuthN/AuthZ and having the capability to managed identities (user and their devices) and credentials including SSH-keys on devices is a true differentiator...

Pros

The most important benegit, as highlighted above, is that there is no reliance on any on-premise or self-hosted directory infrastructure. A cloud-native solutions such as JumpCloud allows to operate efficiently without being forced to configure, maintain, operate and secure a footprint-heavy stack.

Cons

Until now, MFA is limited compared to other players in the field like Cisco Duo. More options, such as Push-MFA or even QR-codes to be used as multiple factors during authentication across devices and protocols, including LDAP/RADIUS, would further enable leaner footprints and higher efficiency.

LF

Lance F.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Satisfied Jumpcloud Organization

We have had a very positive experience. From the onset, we have had great customer support throughout. The customer success teams and engineering teams have all been responsive, and it is clear that they care about the voice of the customer. Our inquiries are responded to quickly, and we are kept in the loop on a monthly basis, or more frequently if necessary, of any changes and what the roadmap looks like.

Pros

Jumpcloud has provided us with a full DaaS solution which we were able to scale easily, and have seen the benefits versus our prior environment. We are able to implement policies and enhance our security posture very easily by utilizing Jumpcloud. The SSO integration is a great feature which is included in the standard plan, and allows us to save money and resources on having an additional solution in our tech stack. The ability to manage all users and endpoints through the console allows for streamlined processing of requests through our Sys admin team.

Cons

I don't like the lack of readily available reporting which can be generated directly from Jumpcloud. The data is all there, and we can get it through various extracts, but I would like to see some high quality embedded reporting with the ability to share and customize reports. I also want to see more integration with services like Slack.

AB

ADam B.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Avoiding the mistakes of others...

I watched our sister company who was all Mac-based turn to the dark-side and try to take on PC client machines along with active directory...it's been a slow churn for them. No unified passwords, a home built radius server held together by a band-aid and Mac clients that see no benefit and 2 AD servers that no one truly understands...it's like some mystical dark art. We on the other hand, spun up...

Pros

I love that this DaaS product "just works" right out of the box. There is plenty of good documentation to read if you are cautious like me. I found that many features just worked and were intuitive to implement. We went from a small company that was ravaged by "password fatigue" - we separate passwords for everything with no central password app. It was a nightmare. After deploying Jumpcloud,...

Cons

While the support for features and processes pertaining to Jumpcloud are documented well. At times the instructions can seem vague and maybe presume too much. However, support personnel are just an email away...they will help you "stick to the script", they are not however always well-versed in real scenarios you may have on your job-site. Nonetheless, I'll give them a C+ for walking through a couple nerve-racking installs the first time through.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great Application Getting even Better

My overall experience has been nothing but positive. Now that all passwords are sync'd across both local and web services, our users rarely need password resets anymore. Their technical support has been very helpful and responsive in the few (maybe two times in two years?) I've needed to call them.

Pros

I love its ease of use. Getting started using it was effortless as a single tech doing the work. Its ability to serve as a directory server for G Suite, PowerSchool (LDAP), and WiFi (RADIUS) makes my life so much easier. And it's even great that for G Suite it can be user-specific. We have some accounts that we don't tie into JumpCloud simply because they only need email. JumpCloud can "pull" G Suite Accounts if they already exist, and I love how it can "push" accounts as well for creating new users.

Cons

There are a few niceties that they haven't implemented yet. Extensive logs can easily be pulled via their API, but they aren't available via the web-gui. They also haven't yet managed to implement the ability to manage Google Groups through their interface yet (but that's supposedly coming soon).

SK

Santhosh K.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Excellent tool for the Directory and MDM

Overall, MDM Automate Device Enrollment, robust authentication features, and directory interfaces work together to produce a great product for an organization's software management requirements. Using these services, businesses may increase productivity, significantly reduce errors, and improve device security.

Pros

-Duo Security, which adds an extra layer of security to the login process with multi-factor authentication (MFA).-WebAuthn is another authentication method that uses public key cryptography to verify users' identities.-TOTP is a type of two-factor authentication (2FA) that uses a time-based code that changes every 30 seconds to authenticate users.- MDM Automate Device Enrollment integrates with Cloud...

Cons

- the potential of inefficiency and errors induced by having to push the command each time a selection is made-Pushing the command on a routine basis raises the risk of error. A user, for example, may select the inaccurate machine or screw up to select a device, resulting in incomplete updates or installations. As a result, devices may become vulnerable to security threats or stop working correctly.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

The next step in efficient IT. The Biggest change that no one will notice

Really easy to roll out and implement. Weather you want go totally cloud with someone like Microsoft or Google, or you want to do all in-house or you want Hybrid, JumpClouds got you covered. Migrating AD accounts and the Domain joined machines they were on was done in one simple swoop, using ProfWizz and the Jumpcloud agent, the transition was seamless (and almost effortless) and the enrolment seemed almost too good to be true. But, once you get used to using JumplCloud, the alternative is less appealing. Like stepping out of a Bentley, and going into a city bus. They will both get you there, but only one does it with flair, elegance and style.

Pros

Jumpcloud is the chameleon that becomes one with any setup you throw it into. Faster, easier and more accurate(because there is less human interaction to make those mistakes) as well as being as secure as you need it to be. With SAML 2.0, SSO and and MFA, you would be hard pressed to find an alternative so rich in features and option AND in the same pricerange as JumpCloud. Managing users and machines over the internet as if they were on the domain. Adding/removing users, deploying scripts and software. User Account Management has made the need for VPNs and other fafferies totally redundant. Jumplouds agent will do all the lifting. You just tell it what you need. Once the user or machine checks in, the instruction is automatically actioned. In one word: Brilliant!

Cons

There was a times when a users account that locked out took more time and effort to resolve than would without JumpCloud. The alerting was also in need of review. Specifically, when a users account gets locked out, the process to get it unlocked could do with a tidy up.

Chris C.

Everything I Need, Without the Aggravation of AD

I have been very happy with JumpCloud. I used to run an ActiveDirectory system for the small amount of users I have, and AD is so old, clunky, and often overkill. This is a lightweight solution that can allow you to manage your organization with ease using users, groups, and policies. Setting up a user in another state is just a click away on the panel.

Pros

Very simple, quick package install that takes seconds. I love that the agent runs as service with a tiny footprint. You make changes using the web console, and they propagate down within a minute. Password syncing is not an issue. Just as if you were using AD, password syncing works fast. I loved how easy it was to setup RADIUS for wireless. I had it up and running within a couple of minutes. Agent installation on our machines was either done by a small installer, or in the case of Linux, a simple copy-and-paste command pasted into the terminal.

Cons

No mobile app yet. I am hoping this will change in the future so I can make changes without having to log into the browser.

RN

Randy N.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

JumpCloud, the software that changed the game for companies all over the world.

JumpCloud is an IT / Infrastructure admins dream. Not only is their entire team from sales, to customer success, to engineering, to support amazing, they are very fast to jump on any issues or features you are interested in to help. JumpCloud is my favorite product to date.

Pros

What do I like best? I think the list goes on and on way too long for this. JumpCloud does everything I could think of. From LDAP, to IDP, to server authentication, to MDM and so much more. JumpCloud has helped Octane solve so many issues that I didn't even know I needed to solve. And on top of that their support team and our account manager are the absolute best.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about JumpCloud right now is that since we have so many bookmarks and SSO connections on the user portal, there is no favorites page on there for them to only star the applications they use daily. Its getting cumbersome to keep track and find the applications you need sometimes.

Idan M.

Facilities Services, 501-1,000 employees

JumpCloud enables remote Workforce

The problem that I'm solving is inherent in how we built our business. We have offices around the world, work from anywhere culture, and many cloud bases "as-a-service" solutions that allow us to be agile. JumpCloud allows our IT to be more agile.

Pros

I like the flexibility in deployment and can use the features at my own pace. For example, integrating JumpCloud to manage Google Workspace while retaining Google Sign-In keeps the employee experience the same while allowing my IT teams to manage the workforce more efficiently. Another feature that I find most valuable is the device management solution, specifically Windows. We can deploy and control systems in seconds from anywhere in the world.

Cons

Directory Insights, a valuable tool for me, is still not polished enough. I would love to see more filtering, custom query building, reporting, and the ability to create alerts.

Ella H.

Internet, 51-200 employees

A management platform with incredible features – and some downfalls

JumpCloud is an interesting product in that it's a bit of an all-or-nothing situation. For companies that half-way commit to implementing JumpCloud, it's terrible and confusing. But for the companies I've worked with that have fully committed to making JumpCloud their source of truth for identity management, computer account management, and SSO, it's been great.

Pros

The parts that work well in JumpCloud are amazing. The best feature, in my opinion, is the local user account management on computers. Being able to remotely reset a password, add a new account, or shut down an account instantly is something that no other SaaS offering can match at this level.

Cons

There are some pretty big gaps in features and functionality. No smart user or computer groups. No FileVault key rotation. Software deployment leaves a lot to be desired.

DW

Danny W.

Design, 11-50 employees

Works well until it doesn't, then it'll take a long time to get right.

Pros

Seamless, Platform agnostic SSO and User account management. Cloud LDAP Sync to MS and Google. Does what it says on the tin, Managing Admin and User access is a breeze as is tracking our company assets while working from home. Highly portable (our workforce all WFH as primary place of work since Covid).

Cons

Mac installer is a bit temperamental. Console on mobile is not responsive. Clears saved payment details without warning. Customer Service takes ages (no international support outside US business hours), we had our account suspended and it took over 5 days to get access to our businesses IT SSO.

MC

Marty C.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Replace your old on-prem AD server with Jumpcloud

Even without a global pandemic going on, our company is at least 60% remote. Solving the issues of users working remotely is what Jumpcloud specializes in. Cloud first was my philosophy when I began down this road, and JumpCloud definitely fits that model. No longer do you have to maintain on-prem servers and figure out how to securely allow remote access to them just so your users can log into their systems. JumpCloud handles all of that for you and frees you up to focus on more important issues. Its not "Active Directory in the cloud", but its close! What sets Jumpcloud apart from other solutions is their cross-platform support. Their support for MacOS is fantastic, and even linux workstations have some support!

Pros

Jumpcloud offers 10 users free, forever!

Cons

Without paid support, it can be difficult to adapt to using Jumpcloud if you're not familiar with Active Directory and Group Policies.

JB

Jeffrey B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Solid way to manage users

I use jump-cloud for my own business and my clients primarily to help with user management and to manage access to the various services that are used. It jump make all this easier.

Pros

It solves a bunch of problems all at once. You can have Jumpcloud handle your G Suite/Office 365 password, then use that same password for your computer logins and well as for your office's WiFi. A lot of people miss that last one. Small business rarely change the WiFi password, so every exemployee knows how to log in. With Jumpcloud Radius service, everyone uses their Jumpcloud password to log in. If someone is no longer with the company, you disable their Jumpcloud account and they no longer can log in. If you are a Linux admin, Jumpcloud's system agent can handle password, or even better ssh keys with two-factor authentications. This really take security up while making all it easy to manage. They keep adding features as well, like recently added management of Bitlocker.

Cons

I only have minor grips. Like to manage LDAP, you have to create an LDAP bind user. No big deal, but that is the only thing I'm going to use that account for. The fact that it shows up as an option for G Suite or for system log ins is unnecessary. Seems like that should be a special user locked away under LDAP tab somewhere.

TT

Tyler T.

Broadcast Media, 201-500 employees

Fantastic solutions for disparate business structure

Jumpcloud allows us to control our security stance by giving us assurance that when we suspend a user, they are suspended.

Pros

I really love that this software allows us to take control over a wide variety of computers, provides a central IDP for LDAP and Radius and allows us to provision computers and users with ease.

Cons

At this point, I think the only thing I am missing is the ability to control apps outside of DEP with Macs (like Chrome and Google Drive). Also linux app control.

Ahron D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Jumpcloud as our primary directory

Overall Jumpcloud has been a great way to integrate cloud and operating system logins for our company

Pros

broad support for many platforms as well as many login languages and operating systems

Cons

I feel like despite paying for the best customer service that we dont always get the most knowledgeable people supporting us

KR

Kyle R.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

A great solution for a cloud-based business

Pros

JumpCloud solved a number of issues for us as we needed a cloud-based identity management and also a system management tool for our distributed workforce. The product has constantly been improving over the 2 years we have used it. Set-up is fairly easy and it was pretty simple to roll-out.

Cons

There are some limitations that I hope are improved as the product develops. MDM is currently limited in functionality, and the System Insights still require command-line input to gather detailed information. It doesn't not have commands that can run on a system automatically when joined which would be nice.

JP

Jesse P.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

The first and most crucial step on my ZeroTrust Networking and various compliance initiatives.

I have been spinning my wheels in implementing ZeroTrust principles in my network, trying to set up the myriad of tools to extend an on-prem directory. I realize I was stuck in 2010, resulting in an unhealthy relationship with Microsoft Active Directory. Now I can tie in all the different services on the cloud to a directory that doesn't so much care about the underlying infrastructure, I can focus on the users and devices and let JumpCloud keep the lights on for me. Also, I recently had a few gaps in my HIPAA security audit, and I was able to address them very simply with JumpCloud. This turned a fairly lengthy process of configuration management for predominantly mobile devices into a very simple and well-documented solution. The result is I passed my HIPAA verification.

Pros

I love the single source of truth in a cloud-native platform. For me, this feels a little like Git for Users/Devices in that I trust that this is where my users/devices live, not spread out across dozens of disparate systems. Also... dead simple ssh with mfa on Linux... MIND BLOWN!

Cons

Currently, there is no support for device management on Chromebooks or Android.

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

JumpCloud Directory Platform Review

Overall, I had a positive experience with JumpCloud Directory Platform. The platform provided me with the tools I needed to manage user access and permissions across my organization's various devices and platforms. The customer support team was also very helpful and responsive whenever I had any questions or issues. While there were some minor drawbacks, I would definitely recommend JumpCloud to other organizations looking for a directory platform solution.

Pros

I really appreciated the simplicity and ease of use of the platform. It was very intuitive to navigate and understand, even for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of technical expertise. The ability to manage user access and permissions across multiple devices and platforms was also a huge plus.

Cons

The pricing was a bit higher than I expected, especially for the more advanced features. I also encountered some minor issues with the user interface and had trouble finding certain settings and options at times.

RS

Ratko S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Freedom of choice, movemant, security, breaking AD chains - all with JC

If you want to have or already have most of what is necessary in the Cloud, without the need for a DC server in the premises, to expand your intranet to the entire Internet, then you need DaaS. JumpCloud is simple but offers complex services.

Pros

Quite complete solution, pretty simple but comprehensive. Management of users, machines, groups, solid connections with o365, cloud RADIUS option... And constant service improvement, which is very important in the software industry.

Cons

Reliability of RADIUS service, addition of remote control.

Diana S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great LDAP solutions for small businesses

Small businesses that need to become more operational mature in handling their staff and managing users but maybe can't afford an on premise Windows server or want to keep everything in the cloud - this is where JumpCloud reigns supreme.

Pros

The price is probably number 1 thing i like! Free for under 10 users. A great way for me as an IT professional to help smaller businesses get onto a stable platform for properly managing their users and devices, with room to expand as their companies grow. Great integrations with other apps (we use Office365 for most clients). With JumpCloud a small company really doesn't need a Windows Active Directory server on premises any longer.

Cons

No customer service for the free licenses - I get why, but I don't have to like it. It would be less annoying if the knowledgebase was a bit streamlined better. Can be difficult to find How-To information. Usually the article is there but is not intuitive and easy to find.

AG

Aaron G.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Directory as a service the next generation

It has been awesome to know I can track staff, device but not use active directory. It's only took a few days to learn the software and the documentation has been awesome.

Pros

Not having to use Microsoft domain management. Less on prem expense and more focus on daily needs. Easy to use and deployment.

Cons

I haven't really had an draw backs from using this software it has really help to go domain less for me as a MSP owner.

ER

Edgar R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

JumpCloud is great!

It's been great to manage our users' permission levels on their laptops. Easy for admins to manage.

Pros

JumpCloud allows us to change passwords for our users and does the FileVault authentication step automatically. This helps reduce lockout time and IT intervention time.

Cons

I would like for the software to allow SSO to be fluid. If you connect Google Workspace with JumpCloud, then JumpCloud has to be the source of truth. It would be nice if it were up to the admins to decide what is the source of truth. I'd still remain using JumpCloud solely for the FileVault feature if it allowed Google to be the source of truth. Would make our setup so much easier.

SJ

Steve J.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

JumpCloud is a solid solution for cloud directory.

Really like that they constantly improve the service and have great customer service as well.

Pros

The policy and directory features stand out. You can easily add a machine and take it away when necessary.

Cons

There is some functionality that I sometimes spend a lot of time to get working properly.