Katalon Studio Logo

Katalon Studio

Automated testing tool for web, mobile & desktop application

Katalon Studio Reviews - Page 2

Faster Script Development and Execution

Katalon Studio is easy to use and it helped our testers to quickly learn the tool and efficiently use it to automate the test scripts. It has put both the technical and non-technical testers on the same playing field which resulted in development of thousands of test scripts in a short amount of time and standardize our tooling.

Pros

1. Non-technical testers can use it with the same ease as technical members. 2. Small learning curve 3. Multiple out-of-box integrations 4. Constant release with new features

Cons

1. Support more languages other than Groovy 2. Reporting for parallel test cases

Katalon Review

It’s a really good tool we have been using tu automate many of our software screens and daily workflow. It has several limitations but overall is easy to use and handy

Pros

The software can be easily customized to our needs, it’s intuitive, flexible and user friendly even for those who don’t know much about code. The recording is a good option to complete tests if you don’t have a good API

Cons

It needs improve on handling generation of jars each time an API is written. It also needs better handling of errors sometimes it’s nit clear. The profiles approach conflicts sometimes when checking changes into a remote repository since many users can change them. Better organization on the test cases / test suites

Bridge the gap from manual to automated testing

Pros

Katalon Studio has been instrumental in lowering the barrier of entry for our people who are just learning test automation. It has enabled rapid creation of automation to implement continuous testing in our end to end functional testing efforts.

Cons

We still needed to implement some standard ways of how we save, write and organize our test suites. Katalon could provide some guidelines or templates to help in this effort.

Katalon Studio - Code less Test Tool

Build the regression suite for all the 25 applications we support. When there is any server/database upgrade we run the suite for all applications from cmd prompt which runs through windows batch one by one and sends the summary report

Pros

Recorder Functionality Comes as a package Reporting Cmd Execution

Cons

Independent Project Structure - can access one project at once , reuse ability ofkeyworkds become less

Powerful Automation solution

Pros

- The best part about Katalon Studio is its simplicity. A QA with only manual testing experience would also be able to automate with such ease using this software. - Its free of cost and is helpful for mobile, API and web automation. - Have record and play feature.

Cons

UI of the application can sometimes be a bit of a problem.

Good software to do test

in my opinion the software is of quality, is continuously receiving update and allows many configuration and run test firefox, chrome, edge, ie. I would like it to allow to program tests with the javascript language

Pros

what I like the most is that it is free, allows you to run tests with the most famous browsers and allows you to execute different types of languages, in addition you can program without writing

Cons

I would like you to be able to use languages ​​like php and javascript and integrate with api to run automated tests

Best ROI Test Automation tool

we needed a test automation tool which has functional test automation, API test automation and mobile test automation. Katalon and Selenium were close contenders and we picked Katalon as it provided almost all what we needed. we implemented it over 4 months of period for our 2000 pages application and overall our experience is good with it's abilities. Equipped with Cloud report tool "Katalon Analytics", it is a plus. Being freeware it brings a lot on your table.

Pros

Ease of Use and operate. With basic training any one can start creating test scenarios in feature files and automatically respective code gets generated. Katalon Analytics is online tool to access Test Reports.

Cons

Frequent updates and paid JIRA and other plugins

Automation made easy and Fun

I work in a company that provides various types of web services to the client around the globe. Delivering work ranging from APIs integration to a complete website. We have been switching from different tools over the past few years, each being replaced by one which could ease the automation process. We have found those capabilities in a single tool and so far we can say that Katalon is a real gem. It has helped us automate most of our website in a quick and easy-to-maintain way. It also bridged the gap between the technical and non-technical team in a way that really enhanced and improved the whole workflow.

Pros

Ability to re-use test cases, to group selectors, web APIs, scripts with full programming capabilities, the capability to run on various platforms and browsers, debug, ability to integrate with GitHub, trigger test via batch scripts, HTML reports

Cons

Not supported on Linux, slow to trigger test, no hightlight on web element interacted with.

Easy to use automation tool

my overall experience with Katalon Studio is definitely positive and i will continue to learn and promote this tool because it is very useful for any Automation developer to understand and implement this tool.

Pros

Easy to set up and configure. Easy to record steps either manually capturing the element/s or using the SpyWeb/recordWeb features. Easy to create Test Suites and Collections to categorize the testing methods/process.

Cons

Hard to understand the errors and how to fix them. Although there is the katalon online community to seek for any help, it is not easy to pose the issue across where one can totally understand the question and come up with solutions.

Nice product

Pros

Katalon Studio is easy to use and easy to integrate with Azure Devops

Cons

Katalon is a nice and powerful application, but more expensive.

Smart Automation tool

Good experience, time saving, and easy customization application

Pros

Ease of use and installation,best and power full recorder system,desktop recording is also free,very smart tool

Cons

Load testing result,xpath capturing,assert recording is manual.auto loop option and copy all is missing in extension

Automate everything with Katalon

Pros

1. No need prior programming language hands on. 2. Very easy to code using Groovy scripts. 3. Time saver 4. Parallel Execution 5. Accurate reports, every time. 6. Easily learnt Mobile, Web and API automation within less time. 7. Automated 1200+ test cases within 6 months. 8. Can automate any Website. 9. Can integrate any tool such as AutoIT, Ashot library.

Cons

1. Any API related to Full screen capture of Web page is not introduced.

Katalon > one of the best

Overall experience is 9/10. I suggest to the people who are going to start automation on selenium, mobile or web testing to try this product

Pros

1-Less configuration. 2- One automation developer for 10 manual.people to automate the scenarios. 3- Easy to Use and understand 4- Good community support 5- can import existing selenium.project 6- gives freedom to customize based on needs/requirement 7- Very good reporting structure 8- support to webservices,mobile testing,UI testing in one suite 9- Easy to start from manual tester pe respective 10-...

Cons

Minimal or zero angular support No reporting at test case level Should support multiple language to write test cases and keywords Should support the script execution without installing Katalon

Simple to use yet powerful

I'm extremely happy using this software. Since I'm a beginner the tutorials and documentation online have been so good to help me learn. I can see all the options I can do in the future for my tests and how fast I can create my basic tests is quite helpful.

Pros

I liked that there are many nice tutorials available online that got me running with using the software. Not being a power user, it was very nice to be able to start with a recorder for my first tests and then have the ability to add code as needed. I also think that for being free to use, I can use the sources I need and once I become more advanced that support is available.

Cons

The one thing I found a bit frustrating was that when I updated to a new version of the software, some tests stopped running. I'm not sure what was the reason for this, but once I went back to the older version all was fine. So, in the world of automated testing, it was a bit hard to realize the issue was with the new version and not with my tests.

Katalon Studio Brings a Wealth of Automated Testing Capability to the Business User and Developer

Pros

Katalon Studio is a great way to introduce or advance automated testing in your organization. Tools and tutorials can get the business user up and running quickly with record and playback capability. For developers, Java/Groovy script can be used to quickly put together sophisticated tests. Katalon Studio can also be easily setup to work well with common devOps tools like Jenkins. This allows organizations focused on advancing their devOps or pursuing continuous automation to use the tool as part their devOps pipelines.

Cons

Object capturing can still be problematic. To efficiently use the tool, it helps to have solid grasp of how to target objects in the DOM with either via xpath or css attributes. This can present challenges for the business user occasionally.

KATALON AUTOMATION TOOL: FREE, EASY AND CAPABLE

Pros

Its easy to download (no installation needed) and use feature. Multiple methods of scripting test cases. No or little programming knowledge

Cons

Takes time to load. Freezes often. Some configurations aren't so straightforward

Makes automation attainable

This has been used by numerous members of our team to reduce tedious manual regression testing. The ease of use and interface are very appealing, and there is very little difficulty in setting up the first suite of tests.

Pros

Excellent interface, great support and tutorials, installation is easy.

Cons

Some elements are difficult to pick up in the automation process.

Game changer for Automation testing

It is an amazing platform for creating automated test scripts saving a lot of time and money

Pros

Switching between creating scripts or just design the test flow which then converts itself into scripts is an amazing feature. This also helps people in the team who are not familiar with creating scripts to understand scripting

Cons

Sometimes there is an inconsistency between different Operating Systems and browsers. Test cases do fail randomly.

Katalon as User Friendly Tool for Automation Testing

Pros

- Very much user friendly. - Easier to identify the web elements with suitable locators. - Built-in environment provided with writing Keywords, Listeners etc. for ease of work. - Easy to use for the beginners (with its features of record & play) who have just been introduced to Automation. - Veru much friendly reports after execution of Test Case, Test Suites or Test Suite Collection.

Cons

- In some of the scenarios, unable to use selenium feature of Fluent Wait which was urgently required. - Less usage of scripting language.

Robust Automation Tool for all Positions

Katalon has been a great introduction to automation testing that we haven't been able to achieve to this point. It is simple enough to learn for those with and without coding experience. We have been able to create a whole suite of API tests through the various functionality which has been really helpful

Pros

I love the recording feature of the software that allows me to quickly create object repositories or just do a step by step of the website I test.

Cons

The documentation of Katalon could be more robust and descriptive. There are a couple things I've tried to do that I had to figure out on my own because the documentation wasn't clear

My experience-based review on Katalon Studio

I highly recommend it. So far, this is my favorite automation tool and it boosts my productivity in doing regression tests.

Pros

Katalon is a free tool that can be used in automation. Although it is free, its features are very useful and essential and this is very easy to learn and explore as well. It is also compatible with web testing and API testing which I frequently use.

Cons

Definitely none for me. Katalon provides good help for a software tester that is looking for an easy-to-learn automation tool.

Best Test Automation Product in the Market

I use Katalon to write test script for Salesforce.com platform such as creation of Leads, Plans, Accounts, Signup Process that has a shopping cart and a billing process, Opportunities, e.t.c. The experience with the tool so far has been pleasant. Easy to use and I love how the team is keeping up with new update and the improvements they make to the tool. I highly recommend this tool.

Pros

I have been using Katalon Studio for almost 6 months now. I have been evaluating the product to see how it can help us in out Test Automation. I love the simplicity of Katalon Studio but at the same time it is a very powerful tool. I love how the project is organized into different meaningful folders. Also, I love how you can switch from manual mode to script mode to further expand the test scripts. I'm pleased that Katalon has incorporated BDD Testing functionality of using Cucumber to create feature file that runs the scripts, it is a huge plus to the tool. I also love the just introduced Plugin Store, it will help us testers minimize the amount of time we could use to write more code for a certain function in our scripts.

Cons

One thing that I don't like about Katalon Studio is its restrictiveness to writing scripts using Groovy and Java. I wish the team could expand further and allow other languages such as Python and C#.

best tool for software automation testing

the recording feature is awsome and the test suite is also good keywords are easy to remember overall working is easy

Pros

Cons

least i like the creation of new keywords

Automation Testing AIO.

It's been really awesome for people on test automation teams. the coverage it provides with respect to the platforms is superb.

Pros

The pros of the application are without doubt the number of platforms that it covers and does it very very well.

Cons

Not a lot of cons to be honest, the learning curve was steep for people on the manual side to testing, however after some they did get adjusted to things and are regular users of the application.

Katalon Studio : Time saviour in Automation

Overrall experience is really good. I hope new features will be added in the future that will make this tool the best for automation.

Pros

1. UI is user-friendly. One can easily learn how to use this tool . 2. Manual testers can easily use this tool as user is able to record through this tool. 3. In the reports perspective, it is very useful. Like in eclipse with selenium user need to add testng but here no need to add anything. 4. Test reports are easily available in different formats easily. 5. User can get Screenshot of failed test cases very easily. 6. Easily integrate with jira and git.

Cons

1. reports should also be available for test case level. it is only available at test suits level. 2. To make it more friendly for the users more scripting languages can be added. 3.can add distributive testing approach also. 4. Till now to test on Linux only beta version is available which is not soo good. Need improvement on that