LeanMail Logo

Don't give up finding a solution for email until you try LM

LeanMail Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

sendgrid
hubspot-saleshub

I appreciate the ability to prioritize and level load my emails out. Due to this feature, I am able to end work days feeling like I did what HAD to be done before logging off.
I like the most simple planning based on - simple too - prioritizing tool. It helps me the most in keeping things to be done and not forgotten, and - most important - very easy to be processed.
Overall experience is great, once you entered LeanMail you do not want to go back. Customer Service is also excellent.
Frankly speaking, as it is add-in to MS Outlook, I'm afraid that if I change my job, I will loose my license, and will have to convince new employer for new one.
I don't know - I should be when I from time to time loose it do to some IT issue - then I am lost.

TA

Tony A.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

I know what I need to take care of

Leanmail has been a great tool for many years now. I am able to manage my mailbox and keep it very clean so that I don't forget items that need to be taken care and prioritize my day. Seeing only 10-20 total emails throughout the day in my total inbox is such a stress reliever.

Pros

Quick Prioritization and setting Next Action elements

Cons

When working on Today's mail, it would be great to have another priority or two. For example, I have a couple of high priority items, and a few normal items. I will take an action step but then I need to wait on a response, so I don't want to move it to the next day, because I want to reach out to the person I am waiting on a response from again before the end of the business day. So, a hack I do is add an "x" in the My Priority feild, so that it pushes that email to the bottom, so I don't continually see it in my list of emails that I have not taken the next step for that day. Hopefully, I am being clear.

Thank you for great the review, Tony. Remember that you can use the "P" priority (P for Personal) as a third option.

JS

Jesper S.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Great time-saver

It's a game-changer, really. Once you get the hang of it you'll never go back to what you did before. And if you stumble along the way, friendly LeanMail staff will follow up and help you get back on track. Getting started and understanding the process will take a little effort on your part, but once you've adapted to it you'll be amazed so few people have picked up on it. In 10 years this is how all managers will be managing their written communications.

Pros

Seamlessly integrates into Microsoft Outlook and enhances it by putting existing features front-and-center, while also adding new valuable features to boost email productivity.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit steep. But hang on - it's well worth it in the end!

Dear Jesper, thank you very much for the positive, frank review. You have been an important contributor to our success for over a decade and a half. Thank you again for all your feedback, and keep it comin'!

TL

Tonino L.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

LeanMail experience 2022

it is fine

Pros

at the moment the email organization based on my priority

Cons

at the moment nothing because i need to use it more intensive... i dont know yet all the functionality

Thank you for your review Tonino. Be sure to visit the YouTube channel in the LeanMail drop down where you can find videos about all the functionality. You also have access to free eLearning, and of course you can get free coaching any time by contacting us.

CK

Casper K.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Take control of your outlook

Planning my day to day work, scheduling my emails for when i need to get action on them. Having the Next Action solves some of the time spend reading the emails aswell. At most i look at the same email twice before it has been archived.

Pros

When we first got introduced to LeanMail, we only had the first module with archiving. This was a somewhat nice feature, it made everything easy to see and find. But i was also introduced to automatic category assignment which didn't help out that much. With module two, where we had Prioritize and Plan... Waow, instantly i got more time in my everyday, the hole process of managing my mailbox, i thought...

Cons

You're forced to use a new way of managing your mailbox. This was the hardest to overcome, i'm a folders guy (or used to be) and like the way it was working, so being forced by a sales person to use their product when i had a great workflow was something i had to work on.

Hey Casper, I really appreciate the effort you made in writing such a comprehensive, frank and kind review.

RA

Robert A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Organize & Stay on Track

Pros

LeanMail provides the tools and a working framework to organize and manage the email you get daily. It hides the email you don't need to work on that day to declutter your inbox. Following the process framework learned in training, LeanMail allows me to quickly review, prioritize, and schedule the hundreds of emails I receive daily.

Cons

The setup is easy, but it is an Outlook addon, and customizing it requires some knowledge of Outlook. Additionally, there is no Android app or iPad dedicated app. There is an iPhone app.

Dear Robert, I wanted to send a quick note to say thank you for the recommendation. Your support means a lot to us, and we truly appreciate your confidence in our abilities.

LB

László B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

I can not live without Leanmail anymore

I can not work without it!

Pros

Having simple rules: if I can answer within 5 seconds - do it. If I need more time to process - decide: important or not important. Then when it's categorized (important) - add the next action and the topic and a date. I can manage and prioritize my emails easy!

Cons

If I have a trouble with a licence and it disappears :) - but this is solved by Customer Service fast and this is very rare.

Thank you very much for your great review. I think you've done a great job describing just how easy LeanMail is. :-)

TM

Tim M.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Leanmail has reduced the amount of time I spent an email each day

The Leanmail process, particularly email prioritisation and planning, have helped me to focus when reading & responding to email. Instead of continually going over 100 emails in my inbox to find the next one I respond to, I only touch most emails once. I estimate this has saved me 30-60 mins each day. The Leanmail tool is useful to help implement the process, but it is really the process that is important. The Leanmail training, particularly the follow-up sessions, we really helpful to establishing this as a habit.

Pros

Email prioritising Email planning Archiving

Cons

The Leanmail tool is not available on Android. It would be nice to be able to do the initial prioritising on my smartphone.

Thanks very much for the review Tim. I really appreaciate your kind words, which will hopefully help people find LeanMail too.

SF

Susanne F.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Can't live with out LearnMail

Again this software makes my work live easier - I am in control of my mail not the other way around.

Pros

This software gives me an easy overview of all me mail and it is very easy to use after getting a very good introduction from the company. I always know what are in my mailbox and what to focus on today. I can imagine not having LeanMail - then I will for sure loose my overview of all my tasks. And easily forget something.

Cons

I don't know - I should be when I from time to time loose it do to some IT issue - then I am lost :-)

Thank you so much for your great review, Susanne. It's always nice to hear that we are having a positive impact.

JM

Joe M.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Never had a large number of emails

I never had a large number of emails in my inbox. Prior to using lean mail my inbox would consistently be empty on Fridays. I was skeptical if this product would help me because of that. I quickly learned there was so much more to the product then managing your inbox. The planning and archiving tools are great and I could not imagine running my inbox any other way now that I have them.

Pros

I enjoy using the planning and scheduling tool. It took remembering and associated stress away from me and set-up a schedule

Cons

The initial set-up and update process is a challenge mainly because of my corporate IT firewalls.

Nice one, Joe. Thanks very much for your continued support and great leadership of your teams.

MH

Marc H.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nice little add-on for managing your emails

Pros

Taking back control over my inbox - before I was losing important emails due to the sheer volume coming in. With the LeanMail system I can now quickly archive / delete emails that don't require an immediate response, and set priorities and commitment dates to the ones I do.

Cons

Hard to say really. Sometimes it glitches out and shows the emails repeated, but that goes when navigating to another folder and then back to the inbox, and to be fair it has only happened two or three times.

Thank you very much for your fantastic review, Marc. We live for this type of feedback and we'll do everything to continue supporting you throughout your journey. Don't forget to contact us any time you need any form of support. Thanks again! Best regards, Michael

RS

Roy S.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Favorite solution for archiving & storage of critical emails

It enables me to avoid duplication of effort. Each year I send out thousands of emails with complex content, but much of their content is some version of a message I've composed in the past. The archiving feature enables me to organize my email content going back years, and I can easily retrieve the most recent version of the specific content I need to use today. — I use this feature virtually every day to avoid duplicating effort.

Pros

With the archiving feature, my emails are never "lost" or difficult to retrieve. It's safe & reliable.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The software always performs exactly as advertised and is useful every day.

Thank you for this stellar review Roy.

Db

David b.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Très utile

Notre problème résidait dans le fait que l'arrivée des mails perturbait les actions de la journée. Avec Lean Mail une lecture rapide chaque heure permet de déterminer l'urgence et l'importance de la demande des ails reçus, de les prioriser et les échéancer en peu de temps puis de se concentrer à nouveau sur les taches à accomplir.

Pros

Lean Mail permet de séquencer l'activité de la journée. Le tri des mails est réalisé en quelques minutes. Il reste alors à traiter des mails programmés sur la journée.

Cons

C'est parfait ne changez rien !

Showing original review in French. See translation

Thanks very much for the excellent review David. Much appreciated.

JL

Julie L.

Facilities Services, 10,001+ employees

Taskmaster!

The onboarding was great. Getting comfortable with the new way of working was easier with the help of Esther. My daily work is a lot smoother now and LeanMail helps me a lot with organizing, prioritizing and planning my work. I recommend everyone to add this to their mailbox.

Pros

The ability to plan my daily tasks/emails makes my day a lot easier. Also the archiving feature is helping me a great deal. Keeping my documents organized.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like.........

Thanks so much for the great recommendation, Julie. Much appreciated!

AS

Alejandro S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

LeanMail has become a must in my day to day

It is a dynamic and easy-to-use software once you have the correct training and get used to the way of working. You save time and reduce stress by being able to properly manage your inbox.

Pros

The way I am able to organize my inbox by archiving, prioritizing and planning my emails has saved me time for other activities. I have finally been able to answer my emails on time and maintain efficient communication with my clients.

Cons

At first getting used to working in a different way with my inbox made me a little bit desperate. But once you get into the habit, everything is incredibly simple.

Thank you for your review Alejandro. Keep up the great work!

MH

Mulat H.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Focus

It provides better overview on my daily priorities, so I can focus on my real tasks (such talking to people :-))

Pros

E-mail and tasks Management. It helps me to structure my e-mail inbox, easy archiving and structure of tasks

Cons

Small part, that the system does not show calendar when prioritizing tasks (you have to type in a date)

Thank you so much for your review, Mulat. I'm happy that LeanMail is making such a positive impact for you.

GN

Gloria N.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Leanmail is awesome!

Saving time, not missing an email, managing my time better

Pros

Customer service, easy to use, works well, saves time, improves my productivity and quality of work

Cons

Re-installing when I get a new computer (still not hard though) just had an issue with a new Archive folder being created

Thank you very much for your spectacular review, Gloria. It is most appreciated.

KP

Katherine P.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Customer Responsiveness

Responsive to internal & external customers via email, I can add emails to when I need to see them instead of full in-box which can be stressful.

Pros

Prioritize Plan Today view, simple effective and I am 100% more responsive to internal & external customers

Cons

When updates happen on occasions I lost LeanMail, however customer service is excellent and a fix happens immediately.

Thank you so much for your excellent review Katherine!

AJ

Alasdair J.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

Changed my e-Life

Pros

Lean Mail is super easy to use and manage your emails. Previously I had no formal email organisation or structure, and now I have the ability to plan, prioritize, and archive my mails all very quickly. I no longer lose or miss emails in my busy inbox.

Cons

Returning to large volume of emails (holidays etc) can take some effort to restore the Lean Mail principles.

Thank you very much for your review Alasdair. When returning from holidays, follow the exact same methodology. For many people coming back from holiday, it takes them weeks to get back into shape, but if you follow the Prioritize, Plan, then re-sort your Today view, you should be on track in 1-2 hours, just be sure not to cut corners, which will cost you time in the long run.

DC

Dan C.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

LeanMail Feedback

Superior customer support, tips, and advice! Easy to implement, training and adoption went well, and I have had periodic discussions and feedback from Michael Hoffman. I am working to promote it with my colleagues, but getting them to devote the time has been a challenge.

Pros

Cons

I haven't embraced the archiving feature yet, but intend to give it a try. Nothin I don't like

Thank you for your excellent review, Dan. I'm really looking forward to continuing our collaboration and I am inspired by how readily your teams are adopting the LeanMail methodology.

MI

Magnus I.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

The results are immediate and long lasting

Pros

After a brief introduction and smooth installation I enjoyed seeing the benefits at once.

Cons

LeanMail comes with a new set of behaviors for the users to turn into habit. Habit creation is always hard and if you do not succeed, you will not benefit as much. So it comes down to your commitment.

Thank you very much for the review, Magnus. I agree, it comes down to your own personal commitment, and we are committed to helping our customers navigate exactly that.

AS

Amber S.

Machinery, 10,001+ employees

Leanmail convert

My email box is clear to view, I can easily see what I need to action. The training was very clear and useful. Although it seemed daunting at first, once the new view is used a few days in a row, it is much easier to use.

Pros

It gets rid of the emails that block up my view in outlook. By clearing the non important emails, it allows me to easily make a plan of action.

Cons

I am not too keen on the notes system that is preferred, I would rather make notes in the way I understand, rather than the preferred quick and clear way I was taught.

Thank you for your review, Amber. You should certainly make Next Actions and notes in a way that is understandable to you. The LeanMail method focuses on how to do that in a way that is scientifically proven to hook your brain and keep mails grouped together. That doesn't mean that it works for everyone. Once you have understood and used our method for some time, you can diverge to other ways that work better for you. Just like in music and sports, you need to first learn the technique, then find your own way.

FF

Fernando F.

Utilities, self-employed

it is a good tool for mail control

since years ago i have good control of mails and no one is missing

Pros

the control of mails, really it is perfect

Cons

really all software of leanmail is very helpful

Muchísimas gracias, Fernando!

BM

Birthe M.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

LeanMail works

Great tool, great people at LeanMail

Pros

Great tool for efficient execution of inbox and planning

Cons

Lack of GDPR security policies (deletion rules)

Thank you so much for your excellent review Birthe. I'm glad you brought up GDPR because a number of our customers aren't aware that we actually do provide these security policies, albeit on a per-customer basis. The reason is that every customer has different requirements. Please let us know if at some point you would like to discuss which customizations you would like. Again, thank you very much for your review.

AC

Allan C.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

LeanMail helps me sort incoming mails quickly.

Pros

LeanMail helps me sort incoming mails quickly. It also helps me with planning mails and keeping track of mail-strings.

Cons

It still requires you to work hard, but at least you get something for the effort.

Thank you very much for your review Allan. I hope LeanMail brings you lots of daily value.

Eric D.

Computer Software, self-employed

Life changing management of emails

Great live support and training from real experienced people. I have changed my email management following a proven successful process. The installation, training and use of the options are so beneficial, I would recommend to everyone to adopt this change.

Pros

This tool integrated my email system very smoothly to revolutionise my email management. I now so confident that I will not miss any actions to take, loose any step. It is the best way to manage my emails. The training that is included is really easy to follow from a team that supports me every step of the way.

Cons

No complaints, like any change, it took some transformation (dropping bad habits mostly) and take a leap of faith that paid off in spades.

Thank you for your fine review Eric. The team is cheering you on!