LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

LogMeIn Central Reviews - Page 2

Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech

A +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.

Pros

I LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!

Cons

I only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.

Easy to use remote management with advance features

Pros

What I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.

Cons

What I like least about Central is when there is an error there is not an easy way to determine what processes are still trying to run and being able to cancel them after you submit your action. This is mostly pertaining to mass installation of the anti-virus software that comes with Central.

Excellent tool for managing widely distributed devices.

We are a radiology medical practice that have radiologists working in three states. When they need support, all the users have to do is make a quick phone call and we can instantly provide support even though there are hundreds of miles away.

Pros

this tool provides reliable access to our far-flung network of computers and devices to enable us to provide instant, critical support as if we were sitting at the keyboard and monitor. The ability to run diagnostics and the logs right from the dashboard is extremely useful.

Cons

I think the cost is a little high in the pricing models could be adjusted a bit. However, as reliable and robust as the software has become I have no real complaints.

LogMeIn Central

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.

Pros

The ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.

Cons

The only feature that I would like to see would be the ability to grant/deny remote access on a per user basis by time of day. For example, if someone only needs remote access during 8 AM - 5 PM, we should be able to deny access between 5PM-8 AM.

Logmein Central Review

How us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues

Pros

It give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet

Cons

We feel the cost is higher then is should be. also the Captcha security, while good to have, can be an obstacle at times

Logmein provides easy remote access

This program is easy to use and can accomplish what most folks would want to use it for so I would recommend it for routine use.

Pros

This was easy to use and set up for 2 computers to access our server. I like the security of the access that it provides and the ability to define access of the user.

Cons

When trying to track employee work time I found it difficult with the information provided to determine if someone was actually accessing programs or just logged in. I need more details of tracking employee access than this was able to provide but we continue to use it for employees to work from home and remote in to our server.

The Best Remote Desktop App

This tool has been essential for remote IT work. It can help the team monitor, maintain, and manage any computer remotely without needing to let the other user notice. We used this software to transfer updated files into the drive to restrict the usage of unauthorized pages. It proved to be a very good work tool and I would recommend it to anyone that needs to do some IT work remotely.

Pros

It has everything you need to manage your computer remotely. It's very easy to use and it can help you transfer data without the need to log into the other computer and interrupt the user. I love how it helps you keep your computer under control without any complications.

Cons

What I don't like is the fact that it has an a annual price to pay to use it freely with all the features available.

Logmein Review

Remote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.

Pros

I utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.

Cons

With the version of LogMeIn that I have and use, my only request would be the ability to transfer data between machines. copy and paste for text works between devices, however the ability to transfer documents or program files would be even greater.

Remote in from any location

Pros

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

Cons

Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.

Easy to use remote software

Pros

This software was the staple point for remote support at my previous job and as well as my current job. This program makes it easy to connect with end user computers as well as personal devices. You can even grant other users access to individual devices, which was great at my previous job because I could control access to certain computers/devices.

Cons

Really the only thing I disliked about this software was the pricing on some aspects of the program. Other than the price, I really couldn't complain about the software.

Logmein great product fluctuating prices

Good experiences good quality. Removing features for smaller business is not a great idea. I know the logmein gets most of their money from large companies but why leave small business money on table. Stabilize prices and have lower tier logmein central rates 10 20 30 50 computer options.

Pros

Very easy to use, a lot of audit options and control of users.

Cons

They removed Black and white low bandwidth Many of our uses are due to low bandwidth connections. When performing emergency support color is not as critical as a faster connection. We are a small business and prices have fluctuated up small business need stability.

Alerts actually enhance customer interaction

We have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years, and it remains the most effective tool for remote support.

Pros

As a services provider for critical services (healthcare institutions and emergency call centers), we have been able to specifically tailor the alerts for processes that may stop, crash, or otherwise impact proper functioning of the systems. We are often able to react before the customer realizes an issue has occurred.

Cons

Competitive remote control offerings are less costly. However, the feature set offered, exceeds the capability of most other packages.

LogMeIn Central

Overall the product works well. We used it as our defacto remote support tool to support our remote end users. Costs just got out of hand and I had to eventually abandon LogMeIn Central for another company that worked just as well for 1/3 of the cost.

Pros

Easy to use, centralized management, ease of deployment, easy to create groups, users, and admins. Uptime was never an issue.

Cons

Cost. They did nothing but increase...I wish I could say better things about this company but their costs were too rich for our company so we moved to another remote support alternative for our company.

This was a great addition to our company.

Great purchase and I would highly recommend.

Pros

We are a staffing agency and have multiple clients and employ 500 plus employees. LogMeIn allows us to log into computers outside of our location to view employee info, retrieve weekly hours, and communicate with our time clocks. This saves us time and money and allows us to communicate with our clients without leaving our office.

Cons

My personal opinion is that there aren't any Cons. This software saves our company valuable time and practically pays for its self with the travel time it saves.

GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com

I use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.

Pros

I've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.

Great speed and ease of use

Always been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!

Pros

When I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.

Cons

Been using LogMeIn for a very long time and I can't say that I've got anything negative to say, maybe when they dripped support for older OS's but that's on me, not them :)

Extend your reach

I have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.

Pros

LogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.

Cons

As a product it is pretty much perfect, at least for my needs. I can't think of anything that I would like to see change except that I would like to see the price come down a bit.

LogMein Central

Pros

I used this product at my last job for over 2 years, it allowed me to access offices and desktops nationwide. I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's

Cons

The first issue is bandwidth is very important, especially if you are transferring files or data. Every one is awhile we had to log out of Central and then log back in due to the following, slowness, or unresponsiveness from remote PC.

LogmeIn Central a business tool

We use the reporting and management tools provided to give us great access and ease of use to manage our clients servers and computers.

Pros

We utilize this for access to our clients servers and reports on their status. We use the power on tool and help give clients software support companies access to the server temporarily as needed.

Cons

When we give someone temporary access to a server the two factor authentication for these accounts we have to remember to turn it off. Wish we could do that in the settings when we create a temp account.

Great for Remote Service Work

Working in the commercial heating and air conditioning industry, it's vital to be able to connect to customer sites to troubleshoot issues when the arise. A lot of times, a fix can be as easy as changing a set point which could take hours to drive to do. This cuts the time to minutes.

Pros

This is an easy option for getting remote access into customer computers. Makes my job a whole lot easier.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is I wish it were a bit cheaper. My company doesn't use or need all of the features. We only need remote access to a lot of computers

An easy way to see somoene else's screen without having to be there.

This has really made running our business more efficient. It is a great tool for training and really allows us to manage our time better. As they all say, time is money.

Pros

We use LogMeIn anytime someone is experiencing an issue on the computer that is difficult to describe over the phone. Logemein allows you to see exactly what they are seeing so that you can help identify which issues they are having. We are a storage facility and sometimes one of our partner problems wont' remember how to pull a certain report, or just can't spot what you are trying to describe to them over the phone. All you have to do is go the to the LogMeIn website, log in, they confirm and you can literally use your mouse and they can see exactly what you are doing. It is a huge timesaver. We also rent Penske trucks and this is a big lifesaver when another property is having issues non reving a truck or having reservation issues.

Cons

The only thing that is kind of a drag is sometimes there is a lag when you are trying to show something to someone and it can be a little glitchy. This has to do with different internet speeds and not with the software itself. I'm not sure how an issue like this would be remedied.

LogMeIn all the way

With locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.

Pros

I love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.

Cons

Has issues at times when switching users in a remote system. Not a big deal as you can reload and continue very easily.

Essential Product for Remote Companies

Our IT department wouldn't be able to solve technical problems without LogMeIn since we're a remote team. But with this software, we're able to screen share, log in remotely, and even fix problems from across the country. It's a great tool and resource for any team.

Pros

As a remote agency, we probably couldn't function without LogMeIn. It's so helpful to easily and quickly remote log in to a computer and solve a problem. It's also great for screen sharing or for accessing another computer's local files or desktop apps for those who use multiple machines without having to go back and forth between them. This is a very smart product and it's cost effective, especially in terms of the solutions it provides.

Cons

We really have no cons regarding LogMeIn. There are cheaper competitors out there, but you get what you pay for, and LogMeIn definitely provides the best solutions, so it's worth a slightly higher cost.

Very good tool to access your computer when you are not home..

Pros

I used Logmein for several years when it was free. I was able to access my computer from anywhere and resolve issues remotely with great efficiency. It would allow me to give support to my team at any time and from anywhere.

Cons

I stopped using it when they implemented charge for any user. Being a small business owner I had to check what else was out there. It was a great tool and helped me with my business but it wasn't an essential tool for my business success.

Log me in

Overall I like the product and would not switch to other competitors.

Pros

I have been using this software for about 18 years. When I first used it, it was free. They have since implemented a cost for this BUT they have also improved its capability as well. This product is versatile and solid. I use it nearly every day. Saves me money as well --no more driving to remote locations.

Cons

The rising cost. Over the years the % of cost increase is great.